March 28, 2024, 01:49:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Four-legged Friends  (Read 251397 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #500 on: May 26, 2009, 05:31:56 PM »

Northern Rose - I am so sorry about your dog. 16 is a long time to love and enjoy - you were blessed
Yes 16 is incredbible for a Husky. Our vet said he is the oldest Husky he has seen and that was due to good genetics and lots of love.  He was loved and babied these last few years and though I knew the day was coming that the decision had to be made, it is still so difficult.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #501 on: May 26, 2009, 05:39:41 PM »

Northern Rose,

I, too am terribly saddened by your loss. I hope some day, looking at this image I made for you and Max will bring good feelings of the wonderful experiences you and he shared.

With sadness and hugs,
~Brandi

Brandi I am deeply touched by the thoughtful and touching image you made.  He absolutely loved water, almost more than the snow.  No idea how you knew that but wow.  When we lived further up north it would not be uncommon for him to take himself to the lake for a swim and to scare the pants off any poor outdoorsman that happen to be around fishing or hunting.  Most thought he was a wolf because of his dark markings and steel blue eyes.  When ever I heard a shot in the woods I would always call him and be relieved when he came.

When we moved into a more populated area he would get out of the acerage and take himself to the neighbours for a swim in their pool.  Most times it was ok, once he jumped the 6 foot fence around their pool only to find one of them floating in it before he dove in.  They do not like us so much.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #502 on: May 26, 2009, 05:56:05 PM »

Northern Rose, your family is in my prayers. I feel your pain. You are right, she is chasing rabbits and having a great time! Hugs to you!  an angelic monkey

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: May 26, 2009, 05:57:16 PM »

Dear Northern Rose,

My heart is just breaking for you.  Some people don't understand the love between our pets and us but I can feel your pain from here.  My beloved Poohfur died in my arms, due to a stroke from diabetes at age 13.  We now have an 8 yr old named Casper and there is still not too many days that I don't think of Pooh and miss him.  Time will help and Max is no longer in pain but playing beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

Hugs, Magic  an angelic monkey

Magic I am sure there will not be many days when we don't think of Max and all the we did together.  He was a loyal companion to us and confidant to four children that told him all their secrets and went to him when they were going through their childhood and teenage pains.  Amazing how much better they always felt to talk to him and hug him when parents just wound not understand.   I am so sorry to hear about Poohfur.  Casper is very wise and lucky to have picked you for his family.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: May 26, 2009, 06:04:26 PM »

Northern Rose my heart goes out for you, the pain is tremendous not to mention the sadness when your companion dog is gone, no doubt even more difficult having to finally make that decision.  Having just lost our dog to a sudden death in April I understand what you are going Thur right now - my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I want to share this poem with you.....

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,

Then you must do what must be done
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad I understand,
Don't let grief then stay your hand.

For this day more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears,

You'd not want me to suffer so,
The time has come to let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me until the end.

Hold me firm and speak to me.
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see,
The kindness that you did for me.

Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve it must be you,
Who has this painful thing to do,

We've been so close, we two, these years
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

For I am now in a better place,
And will be waiting to see your happy face.

So when you cross that final bridge,
Look for me...
I'll be standing at the fridge.

Author Unknown

[/b]

Mission thank you for sharing the poem.  I made it through 3 lines and then could barely read through tears.  The words are all true but my heart is stronger than my head right now. I know time will change that.  I am so sorry to hear about the sudden death of your dog.  I truly believe there is a heaven where dogs all play and I am sure ours are up there right now.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: May 26, 2009, 06:07:20 PM »

Northern Rose,

I, too am terribly saddened by your loss. I hope some day, looking at this image I made for you and Max will bring good feelings of the wonderful experiences you and he shared.

With sadness and hugs,
~Brandi

Brani... This picture you made is absolutely beautiful.  I was holding up pretty well reading till I saw this.  Thank you.

NorthernRose...My heart breaks for you.  How wonderful that you had 16 blessed years to enjoy and accumulate your beautiful memories of Max.  He was gorgeous.   Wonder if he can catch the caribou now?  Hugs.

Blues thank you.  I am sure he is giving them a good run.  I was the same when I saw the picture Brandi made.  It is so touching.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: May 26, 2009, 06:13:08 PM »

Northern Rose - I am so sorry to hear about your Max. Just believe that you did the right thing for him by not allowing him to suffer. I too had to have my yorkie put down. It was one of the worst days of my life. I still think of her every day and keep her picture on my desk. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Thank you twocents.  Doing what is right is not easy at times and yesterday was a horrible day, today is not much better,  but I know it was time.  I am so very sorry that you had to make that same decision with your yorkie.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: May 26, 2009, 06:18:18 PM »

Northern Rose, your family is in my prayers. I feel your pain. You are right, she is chasing rabbits and having a great time! Hugs to you!  an angelic monkey

Thank you Boo.  I know how much you love animals so it means a lot. 
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #508 on: May 26, 2009, 06:24:23 PM »

Northern Rose - I'm really sorry about the loss of your dog.  He was beautiful.  Hugs and prayers to you and your family.
CarolF
Scared Monkey

« Reply #509 on: May 26, 2009, 06:36:19 PM »

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful pet Northern Rose. I know it is so very difficult to have to put your pet down.
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #510 on: May 26, 2009, 06:50:06 PM »

Dear Northern Rose,

My deepest sympathy on the passing of your beloved Max.  Bless you for having the courage to make the most difficult decision.  Please know that you're in the company of many Monkey Friends who have walked in your shoes and know the pain and sadness you are feeling today.  Some day soon, the emptiness you feel will be replaced with joy and gratitude that God chose you and your family for His beautiful creature, Max.   an angelic monkey

Your friend,

Numbersgirl
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #511 on: May 26, 2009, 07:15:46 PM »

NR so very very sorry for your loss.  You and your family are in my prayers.  It seems that Max certainly knew he is loved.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: May 26, 2009, 08:17:53 PM »

Northern Rose - I'm really sorry about the loss of your dog.  He was beautiful.  Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Thank you so much sassy.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: May 26, 2009, 08:18:46 PM »

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful pet Northern Rose. I know it is so very difficult to have to put your pet down.

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts CarolF.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: May 26, 2009, 08:21:56 PM »

Dear Northern Rose,

My deepest sympathy on the passing of your beloved Max.  Bless you for having the courage to make the most difficult decision.  Please know that you're in the company of many Monkey Friends who have walked in your shoes and know the pain and sadness you are feeling today.  Some day soon, the emptiness you feel will be replaced with joy and gratitude that God chose you and your family for His beautiful creature, Max.   an angelic monkey

Your friend,

Numbersgirl

Numbersgirl your words heartfelt are comforting.  I know other monkeys have gone through this and will go through this.  I hope I can be of some comfort to them as they have all been to me.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: May 26, 2009, 08:24:23 PM »

NR so very very sorry for your loss.  You and your family are in my prayers.  It seems that Max certainly knew he is loved.

He was definitely loved and spoiled but he gave so much back to us as well.  Thank you for your prayers.  We are very grateful for all the prayers.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: May 26, 2009, 09:05:33 PM »

NorthernRose,There is nothing I can say to take your pain away.
It is so very hard to lose a beloved fur baby.I still look around for my little Bama sometimes.
I just want you to know I am thinking about you and praying for you.  an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: May 27, 2009, 12:23:21 AM »

NorthernRose,There is nothing I can say to take your pain away.
It is so very hard to lose a beloved fur baby.I still look around for my little Bama sometimes.
I just want you to know I am thinking about you and praying for you.  an angelic monkey

Trimm thank you so much.  My heart goes out to you about Bama.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #518 on: May 27, 2009, 12:30:23 AM »

NoRose, I am so sorry about your beloved pet.  I have only had one dog of my own.  When I got married, I left him with my Mom until my hubs and I could get a place.  He died shortly after.  My Mom said he died of a broken heart, and I believe that is so.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #519 on: May 27, 2009, 04:57:43 AM »

Northern Rose,
I have to tell you that when I was a little girl I had One best friend who I loved and adored with all my heart. His name was Max, just like your baby. He was my dog. He was a mutt and he was everything to me. He loved me. My brother used to torture him and make him do things that would cause him to be aggressive and my Mom always yelled at Max. Was not Max was my Brother.
Max was my first dog. My Grandparents lived about an hour away from us and they had a lot of land and were Dog lovers - so when we went we would take Max with us. My Grandpa always had dogs " all loved and cared for". He had a great love for his dogs.
I was about 6 yrs old and we always went to my Grandparents for Thanksgiving. We went that year the night before and spent the night. Woke up that morning early - My Grandma up since 4 am or so ..cooking. Was the only Holiday she celebrated so it was always " Hers" and she loved it. I went out side with my Grandpa that morning about 7 am or so ..out for walk on the property. Him and Me and Max ..He and I would go and putz around and look for Bunnies and talk .. pick at his fruit trees. Walk through the apple orchard. Max was so happy and running around free as a bird that morning. Within a moment a huge black stray dog shot thru the cornfield within the side property and started attacking Max. My Grandpa ran to his barn and grabbed his rifle. I was screaming and Max was being torn apart right in front of me. My Granpa aimed his Gun and Pulled the trigger. I think his first thought was to Scare the Black Dog away and yet Max was being torn apart - and My Granpa went into another zone and SHOT at the black Dog.
The Crack sound I will never forget. I was Staring within that sound " And I watched the Black Dog Run back into the Corn Field and I watched Max drop to the Ground" ....... I ran towards the House and My Grandfather ran to Max. I was hysterical screaming at my Grandma that Grandpa shot Max. I was 5, 6 yrs old. My Mother was in the Kitchen and she practically killed herself tripping down the stairs getting outside to figure what happened. My Mother Found her Dad standing outside the door with Max limp in his Arms and he was sobbing. My Mom put Max in my Grandpa's Pick up truck and she and I took him to the Vet.  He had three in and out bullet wounds - all passed thru his body. HE Lived.
Max was my first dog. I am 43 and I still have his fave toy - Its a squeeky toy " white kitten with pink tipped ears". Max a year later was again back at my Grandparents property and he was in a dog run next to the Barn .. and he jumped the fence and was hit by a car at night. Prob chasing rabbits.
I see your Max ..and it reminds so because for Xmas that same year that Max died. My Dad gave me a Big Box with a huge Red Ribbon on Top and the Box had holes in it - and it was Moving ..and I pulled the top off the box -and it was a PUPPY. A Alaskan Malamute.
One Silver Eye, One Blue Eye - I named him Topper. That is yet another story.
I loved My Max with all my Heart and I feel your pain Northern. Not that I knew your Doggy - But I know the Love that a Max can Give.
And its AWE 
I Hug You Northern
K

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.