March 29, 2024, 12:55:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Four-legged Friends  (Read 251547 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #540 on: July 10, 2009, 02:04:38 PM »

This is Rani.She is about 15 yrs. old.She whistles the Alabama fight song  every morning around 6:30. 
She is pretty, I find birds to be not only fascinating but they make me happy watching them. Right now we don't have any pet birds, but I feed the wild birds, and the nest with the three babies, sparrows, are so fun to watch. They are getting so big, and watching the father and mother bird come feed them is so cute  an angelic monkey
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #541 on: July 17, 2009, 12:08:42 AM »

After 16 years of companionship and playing with 4 kids, our beloved dog passed yesterday.  I have not chatted about him as we have been struggling with his heath and the fine line between being compassionate and not letting go.  We finally had to take him in yesterday as he could no longer walk and he was gently put to sleep in my arms.  16 is an amazing age to reach for a husky and I am sure he can finally chase rabbits and caribou with no pain, something he has not been able to do for a few years now.

Here is a puppy picture of him guarding one of the holes he dug, as well as a picture from a few years ago.

No Rose

God Bless you . . . as you probably know I had to put my dog Rudy asleep a few weeks ago.  He was only 11.  I know you gave your boy a wonderful life.

I am sorry I didn't see your post sooner . . .

I hope your heart is healing!

Karen

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #542 on: July 28, 2009, 05:05:30 PM »

Hi everybody

I have already shared my the events of the last month on the board but this is probably a better place to do so.

I had to put Rudy, my 11 year old fire fox terrier, down about a month ago.  I was so heart broken.  I stayed with him until the end and this is the first time I have ever done anything like that.  The second day was the worse, I was totally despondent. 

I'm a woman of faith and I started healing slowly even within the month.

I knew God had something in mind for me . . . to learn from what happened and perhaps there was a blessing in the future.

That blessing turned out to be a five year old wire fox terrier that needed a new home.  His name is Buddy and he is soooo full of energy.  He hasn't replaced Rudy (I still think of him often) but he sure has given me a lot of joy.

Brandi made the avatar of Buddy (isn't it precious)?  Since he pants a lot, I think she really capture his essence!  And although i haven't taken him to a body of water yet, I know he likes swimming so the avatar is especially appropriate!

Here is a picture of Buddy . . . I say he is laughing at me but he was actually panting.

Thanks for listening and thanks to all those that prayers for me during the dark time after Rudy passed.  I just wanted to share something positive for a change!

Karen/sparky

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: July 28, 2009, 06:21:12 PM »

Sparkenator,how sweet..   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: July 28, 2009, 06:54:10 PM »

Oh Sparky, I am so happy for you and for Buddy. You both need each other. You will never forget Rudy, but Buddy is a living, breathing afirmation of life for you.    an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #545 on: July 28, 2009, 08:21:37 PM »

Hi everybody

I have already shared my the events of the last month on the board but this is probably a better place to do so.

I had to put Rudy, my 11 year old fire fox terrier, down about a month ago.  I was so heart broken.  I stayed with him until the end and this is the first time I have ever done anything like that.  The second day was the worse, I was totally despondent. 

I'm a woman of faith and I started healing slowly even within the month.

I knew God had something in mind for me . . . to learn from what happened and perhaps there was a blessing in the future.

That blessing turned out to be a five year old wire fox terrier that needed a new home.  His name is Buddy and he is soooo full of energy.  He hasn't replaced Rudy (I still think of him often) but he sure has given me a lot of joy.

Brandi made the avatar of Buddy (isn't it precious)?  Since he pants a lot, I think she really capture his essence!  And although i haven't taken him to a body of water yet, I know he likes swimming so the avatar is especially appropriate!

Here is a picture of Buddy . . . I say he is laughing at me but he was actually panting.

Thanks for listening and thanks to all those that prayers for me during the dark time after Rudy passed.  I just wanted to share something positive for a change!

Karen/sparky

He looks like a Soft Coated Wheaten...both terriers, I guess.
He is adorable.
Congratulations on your new baby.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #546 on: July 28, 2009, 08:23:57 PM »

an angelic monkey Sparky, Buddy is beautiful. I am glad you are healing from the passing of Rudy. I was truly heartbroken to hear about him, but I am really glad you got a BUDDY that loves you. He is PRECIOUS!! JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #547 on: July 28, 2009, 09:28:14 PM »

I just love you guys . . . thanks!!!

One more picture?  Sure.  (I know, nobody asked.)  I entitle this one "Does this couch make my nose look long?"

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #548 on: July 28, 2009, 10:11:53 PM »

Buddy is so cute!!  Thank you for sharing Karen.  Is he settling in well in his new home? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #549 on: July 28, 2009, 11:13:29 PM »

Buddy is so cute!!  Thank you for sharing Karen.  Is he settling in well in his new home? 

He is doing just great!

I also have a redheaded dog (part red chow) that I found in my driveway years ago.  Amber is her name, and she has always had Rudy as a companion.  When Rudy died, it was awful for her as well. 

Here is a picture of the two of them after their first walk.  Finally settled down, and after only half a day!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: July 29, 2009, 02:55:22 AM »

One more picture?  Sure.  (I know, nobody asked.)  I entitle this one "Does this couch make my nose look long?"

Sparkles,

I am not sure where he was all this time, but I know God was holding this cutie somewhere special just for you!  What a wonderful dog.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #551 on: July 29, 2009, 04:06:54 AM »

He is doing just great!

I also have a redheaded dog (part red chow) that I found in my driveway years ago.  Amber is her name, and she has always had Rudy as a companion.  When Rudy died, it was awful for her as well. 

Here is a picture of the two of them after their first walk.  Finally settled down, and after only half a day!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #552 on: July 29, 2009, 03:46:55 PM »

Sparkles,

I am not sure where he was all this time, but I know God was holding this cutie somewhere special just for you!  What a wonderful dog.

Hi Bearly

Buddy was dropped off at a friend's house 10 months ago "temporarily" because the owner got a divorce and moved back home.  After taking care of Buddy for 10 months and realizing the owner was showing no interest in getting him back, they put an ad in several places.  One place was a company newsletter that my ex boyfriend saw and forwarded to me because he knew Rudy passed away.  I called the temporary owners and they said I sounded like a wonderful fit (because I am such a wire fox terrier lover and understand their level of activity, etc.)  Then at the last minute the original owner wanted him back.  The deal fell through early Friday but by Friday evening they managed to convince the owner that Buddy was going to a better home.

The temp owners live in a condo and already had two dogs and a cat.

So, everything does happen for a reason . . . and I feel truly blessed!!!

XOXOXOOXOXOX

Karen

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #553 on: July 29, 2009, 05:55:25 PM »

HELP
Sheba is in HEAT again because Shadow is very loving but a dumb a$$ and doesn't know where to but it.
He thinks the top of her tail looks fine enough for him  SO he's happy and Sheba is NOT any ideas.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #554 on: July 29, 2009, 05:56:42 PM »

This is Rani.She is about 15 yrs. old.She whistles the Alabama fight song  every morning around 6:30. 

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: July 29, 2009, 06:14:40 PM »

No ideas Blonde but those are the most beautiful cats!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: August 19, 2009, 03:54:03 PM »

This is Digger treeing a squirrel a few minutes ago, down in the shady hollow behind my house.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: August 19, 2009, 04:06:28 PM »

Digger is just the greatest, I love hearing stories about him 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #558 on: August 19, 2009, 04:13:20 PM »

Me too!  Love the name, friends of mine has a dog named dozer.  Digger & dozer, that is so cute.  Oh & Taco, can't forget little Taco!!!!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: August 19, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »

Me too!  Love the name, friends of mine has a dog named dozer.  Digger & dozer, that is so cute.  Oh & Taco, can't forget little Taco!!!!
Taco is a little cutie also.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.