March 28, 2024, 06:55:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Four-legged Friends  (Read 251442 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2006, 08:56:27 PM »

She's high maintenance, meows for attention like some little lost whatever but yep, we love her  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2006, 10:32:09 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Katydidit looks just like an Ewok!

LOL @ nonesy kitty!

she does!  You should hear Sherlock; he sounds exactly like a gremlin when he talks or sings.  Honest, he can talk!  Ask him if he wants a spankin' and he says: "no no no". Ask him who he loves and he says: "mama".  He hates my singing.  When I do, he'll try to howl but ends up sounding just like a gremlin.  We are deathly afraid to feed him or get him wet after midnight.  I'm a sucker for any animal!  Love them all!

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2006, 11:00:03 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
She's high maintenance, meows for attention like some little lost whatever but yep, we love her  Laughing

Poor Milo is luckily low maintenance. He was meowing to be let out into the garage. Justin would not let him out. Said that Milo needed to learn that he can't always get his way!  Shocked

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2006, 11:03:05 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"

Poor Milo is luckily low maintenance. He was meowing to be let out into the garage. Justin would not let him out. Said that Milo needed to learn that he can't always get his way!  Shocked

Gee, kind wish Shadow would learn that. Talk about a demanding lady.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2006, 11:10:42 PM »

Poor Milo gave up rather easily.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2006, 07:02:52 PM »

Little None took a photo of Big Red in antlers, doesn't he look happy?  Laughing

Our breeder friend also sent us these kitten photos today, she has two little male 3 month kittens, both red tabby persians. I think she's looking for homes for them, I don't know what she's charging but I did tell her I would pass along their photos and can post her website if anyone is interested.

I think I just like kittens way too much !  Shocked

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2006, 11:40:34 PM »

I see the dog in the antlers and think, Hmmm, this is why dogs bite people.   Laughing  I see the Persian kittens and wonder how people can harm animals.  But mostly I remember a poem I had posted on my bulletin board at work for the longest time.  

My fears for the plight of the planet subside
In spite of the struggle and strife,
When I see a man big and brawny who can
Make room for a cat in his life.  
No knight in shiny white armor for me,
The man I am seeking instead,
Was hugging his pet on the way to the vet
And planted a kiss on it's head.  

Smile

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2006, 12:23:40 PM »

well...ha ha...so much for waiting til spring to housebreak a puppy.

the local sheltie rescue acquired nine shelties from a puppy mill in missouri. they had them all altered except one female, who had a terrible ear infection. when her ears were healed and they took her to the vet for spaying, they found out she was expecting. she delivered five healthy pups three days before thanksgiving.

pics are of mom and one-day-old pups...

i haven't even seen them in person yet, but got the email as i was perusing the net for puppies. they are calling them the miracle pups, cuz if mom hadn't had that ear infection....well, there would be no pups. this might be one of those God things. :0) i'll keep you posted.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2006, 01:23:17 PM »

awww Memphis the babies, how precious  Very Happy

thecuz is a huge Sheltie fan too, are you going to adopt one of the pups?

memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2006, 08:41:35 PM »

awww Memphis the babies, how precious  Very Happy

thecuz is a huge Sheltie fan too, are you going to adopt one of the pups?

I'm feeling weak none, very weak.  Laughing
If I go see them, I'm a gonner.

I didn't know thecuz was a sheltie fan. I'll have to ask her about it.

btw, adorable kids pic ^^^
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2006, 10:36:47 PM »

Memphis,

I say this from my heart to your heart. If not for our kitten Wiggles I think I would have never gotten through this fall, from the first night Rick was gone, she would perch on my pillow at night and nuzzle my face.

Be a goner, you had a tough year too, those pups need loving homes and you have a lot of love to give  Very Happy

Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2006, 06:53:35 PM »

Dear Monkey Friends:

Please say a prayer for my very much adored Terrier, Jazzy.

About 2 months ago, she became horribly sick suddenly and I thought I was going to lose her before I could get her to the vet.  Turned out she had a raging liver infection.

After 3 weeks of antibiotics, her white cell count came down to normal, but her liver blood work showed a lot of damage to her liver.

Put her on a low protein diet, a 400 mg. Vit. E daily, and milk thistle, an herb that supports liver function.  She just went back for more blood work this morning and the vet called me to say her bile acid which was 140 is now 68, but normal is 5 to 15, so she has made significant progress, but he is still very concerned.  I am bypassing liver biopsy at this time and electing to continue with keeping her quiet (for her), being rigid with the diet and supplements, and just praying that she is young enough her liver will recover fully in time.

Anybody that has a moment to keep us in your prayers would be very much appreciated.  She is my "mental health" dog and I am so afraid I'm going to lose her.

TIA

Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2006, 07:00:32 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
I have been seeking another kitten to add to my family of Romeo (13) and Guinevere (7 1/2 months). I went to a shelter near my Vet and picked up an orange kitten who clawed my arm to death. I have been monitoring the kitten adoptions at the local pet store where I found Guinnie. Sunday I found a very cute teensy orange kitten named Harvey. I liked him but he didn't like me. So I'm continuing the search.

Louise, my favorite cats of all time are Maine Coons!  I had a Maine that was a huge orange cat that used to sleep curled up in the crook of my arm every night.  He was the most loving, intelligent cat I have ever had.  They have a very different kind of personality, and I found myself thinking of him as human, not feline.  I had him for five years and miss him to this day.  (I think my ex disposed of him because he knew how much a loved that cat)!

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2006, 11:29:09 PM »

Oh Appeals,

You wrote: "My favorite cats of all time are Maine Coons."

Mine too! They have a very vivid presence and in my opinion, they are the most luxuious cats to cuddle with.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2006, 12:45:07 AM »

Appeals~ You and Jazzy included in my prayers.

Nonesy~ Our pets are very good for our soul! And I still want Big Red! He's adorable!

Memphis~ You'll have at least one of those babies. Just go ahead and accept that reality!

memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2006, 12:17:23 AM »

Appeals ~ Jazzy didn't get her vaccinations right before the liver problem did she? Was she taking anything at the time?

I will definately keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2006, 12:27:48 PM »

Quote from: "memphis"
Appeals ~ Jazzy didn't get her vaccinations right before the liver problem did she? Was she taking anything at the time?

I will definately keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

No, her vaccinations were back in April, 2006.  She got so sick so fast 6 months later.  Thank you for your kind concern.  She was not on any meds at that time.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2006, 10:08:40 AM »

Appeals,
I assume you have discontinued any flea prevention stuff on your dog as
well?  I would do as you are doing and follow a conservative course of treatment with lots of time for healing.  She has already made so much progress that I think you can feel pretty sure more will continue.

Sometimes the treatments we give our pets are worse than the ailment they are to treat and now that she is on the right course, that's always the way to go as far as I am concerned with mine.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2006, 01:08:13 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Appeals,
I assume you have discontinued any flea prevention stuff on your dog as
well?  I would do as you are doing and follow a conservative course of treatment with lots of time for healing.  She has already made so much progress that I think you can feel pretty sure more will continue.

Sometimes the treatments we give our pets are worse than the ailment they are to treat and now that she is on the right course, that's always the way to go as far as I am concerned with mine.

Thanks.  She has not been on any flea treatment for a long time.  She never had fleas, so I discontinued it a long time ago.

Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2006, 01:10:32 PM »

Here are Jazzy's New Year's Resolutions:

I will not play tug-of-war with Daddy's underwear when he's on the can.

I will remember the garbage collector is NOT stealing our stuff.

I will not suddenly stand straight up when I'm lying under the coffee table.

I will not roll my toys behind the fridge.

I will shake the rainwater out of my fur BEFORE entering the house.

I will not eat the cat's food before or after he eats it.

I will stop trying to find new places on the carpet when I am about to throw up.

I will not throw up in the car.

I will not roll on dead things.

I will stop considering the cat's litter box as a cookie jar.

I will not wake up Mommy by putting my cold, wet nose up her bottom end.

I will not chew my human's toothbrush and not tell them.

I will not chew crayons or pens, especially not the red ones, or my people will think that I am hemorrhaging.

When in the car, I will not insist on having the window rolled down when it's raining outside.

I will not drop soggy tennis balls in the underwear of anyone who is sitting on the can.

We do not have a doorbell. Therefore, I will not bark each time I hear one on the television.

I will not steal my Mommy's underwear out of the laundry basket and then dance all over the back yard with them.

I will remember the sofa is not a face towel and neither are Mommy's & Daddy's laps.

I will remember my head does not belong in the refrigerator.

I will not bite the officer's hand when he reaches in for Mommy's driver's license and car registration.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.