March 28, 2024, 11:37:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TIMELINES AND THEORIES  (Read 86286 times)
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2009, 03:38:34 PM »

Janet - I am finding it very beneficial re-reading some of these older articles....as time passes and more and more info comes out, I seem to forget some of the details...details that back then may have seemed liked nothing but could now be very important.  I may actually go back and start from the beginning again. 

Thanks for the refreshers!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2009, 04:22:34 PM »

Janet - I am finding it very beneficial re-reading some of these older articles....as time passes and more and more info comes out, I seem to forget some of the details...details that back then may have seemed liked nothing but could now be very important.  I may actually go back and start from the beginning again. 

Thanks for the refreshers!

Leroy ... you made my day.  Thank you.

an angelic monkey

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2009, 07:13:01 PM »

INTERROGATION OF A CHILD?

When it is considered that a child may not fully comprehend the legal ramifications encompassing a confession during a police interrogation/questioning in the course of an investigation ... something does not seem right.

Would a child not be required under the law to have legal representation appointed if questioned/interrogated when it is considered that during the course of that questioning/interrogation his/her words may implicate him/her in a crime.

I believe that most attorneys would advise their client ... child or adult ... not to reveal anything during questioning/interrogation that may implicate him/her in  wrongdoing.

Maybe I have been watch too many episodes of LA Law.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2009, 09:23:04 PM »

Today I sent the follow email to Ronald Twersky, FBI assistant special agent in charge.

Janet

+++++++

DID JOSH BAUM GO HOME AS INSTRUCTED?

In the process of elimination ... Josh Baum should be considered a person of interest in his sister's disappearance unless he was sitting at home with his Mom between 9:15 PM and 9:30 PM ... the time Lindsey left the Kampen residence.  Home is where he should have been if he had adhered to the instructions of the "family friend" who intervened in the bike argument between him and his sister moments prior to the time Lindsey should have arrived home.  Inquiring minds want to know if Josh Baum returned home as instructed.

Why are spokespersons for the investigation silent in regards to Josh Baum?  Speculation and rumors regarding this young man's possible involvment can be laid to rest if the answer was forthcoming from an official source.

A response would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Janet

+++++++++

ABC News - June 30, 2009
Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.  Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

KARA KAMPEN - IN HER OWN WORDS

Kara Kampen:
  The conversation was apparently quite short and consisted of little more then a "Josh you need to go home" Josh trying to explain what was going on and the girls asking the lady to tell Josh to go home again.   

Kara Kampen:  Josh had gotten into so many spats that honestly were in a large part things he did not start but because he was the oldest he was the one who got in trouble. I've set down kids I've never met before to have a talk with them because I heard that they were antagonizing him to see if he'd blow up.

The Daily World - July 3, 2009
Kampen said she has replayed that Friday evening in her head over and over. So has her daughter, Michaela, 10, who spent the day swimming with Lindsey. They walked together with Josh Baum, 13, to the Kampen house. But halfway there, Michaela said they teased Josh, getting under his skin ...
http://**/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2009, 10:07:35 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2009, 10:10:41 PM »

“I will find my daughter”
BY JACOB JONES - The Daily World
Sunday, August 2, 2009 1:14 AM PDT

Power lines hang low over the narrow, gravel-lined stretch of asphalt in McCleary called Maple Street.

Cars roll past rows of small houses. Sprinklers spin in the front yards. Shrubs and street lights stand on either side of the road.

From the front step of her nearby home, Melissa Baum can almost see its intersection with Fifth Street where her 11-year-old daughter took her last known steps into oblivion.

“I feel like she’s right under my nose and I can’t find her,” she said.

Baum sat on her front step earlier this week, staring eastward toward Maple Street with the faint plinking of wind chimes behind her. She lit a cigarette.

“It’s really frustrating,” she said.

The family dog, Cadence, curled up on the concrete at her feet. Signs of support hung in the windows. Empty Diet Coke cans and fountain drinks sat stacked beside her chair after hours of waiting and watching the end of the road.

“It was all a fluke that whole night,” Baum explained quietly. “It’s like everything fell into place. The one time she left the house without her cell phone. The one time she started walking home alone.”

A prayer candle with an image of the Virgin Mary rested among the cups and cigarette butts.

“That wasn’t a usual night,” she said. “It was a very unusual night and very unusual circumstances.”

DISAPPEARANCE

Lindsey Baum, an outgoing 4-foot-9 Girl Scout with shoulder-length brown hair, started walking home from her friend’s house shortly after 9 p.m. on June 26. She was 10 years old, just 11 days shy of her birthday.

Lindsey set out alone after an argument with her brother. Her cell phone battery had died earlier in the day and she left it behind. She wore a light-blue, hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans. The sun still burned low on the horizon as she started the short walk home.

A couple neighbors spotted her approaching 5th Street, but she never made it to her front door.

In the first frantic days of searching, hundreds of detectives, volunteers, search dogs, reporters and neighbors descended upon the rural crossroads. Thousands of new footprints scattered Lindsey’s last known steps.

They flooded the streets of the small East County town of about 1,500. They knocked on doors. They stomped through bushes and flew search planes over the nearby woods. Their dogs hunted for Lindsey’s scent. Television news vans transmitted her picture to screens across the country.

For weeks, volunteers in orange vests passed out fliers with Lindsey’s photo. Officers from nearby law enforcement agencies came into town to help. Neighbors held candlelight vigils in the city’s park to comfort each other and hold off despair.

Cable news programs, Nancy Grace from CNN and other shows, picked up on the mystery. Lindsey’s father flew in from Tennessee to help investigators. Lindsey’s photo turned up on bulletin boards from Ocean Shores to Olympia.

For all of the hoping and searching, investigators could not find any evidence explaining what happened to Lindsey.

Local detectives and Federal Bureau of Investigation agents eventually moved from leading search teams through bushes to establishing a “war room” in Montesano for a long-term search. They assigned a task force of core detectives to the case full-time and worked through weekends and holidays.

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said at times he forced investigators to go home as their determination to find Lindsey battled with their mounting frustration.

“They’ve put in a solid month on this case,” he said recently, “and they’re working as hard as they were when we first started.”

But as the weeks have stretched, many of the search teams went home, taking their planes, dogs and orange vests. Lindsey’s 11th birthday passed without word of her fate. Lindsey’s father returned to Tennessee. McCleary businesses who changed their reader boards to signs of support have changed them back to the daily specials.

The shadow of the unknown remains, filling the streets like the droning hum of the Simpson mill.

“It’s affected all of us,” Baum said. “It’s affected the whole community.”

With one hand reaching down to pet Cadence, she scanned the empty afternoon streets. Lindsey’s disappearance has shaken the small town. She said the groups of playing children vanished with her daughter.

“The streets are quiet,” she said, “almost deserted now compared to what they were a month ago.”

INVESTIGATION

Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Detective Polly Davin now spends most of her time about 16 miles away in a small Montesano office, filled with files, in-boxes and phones. A couple computers hum on the desktop.

The office has served as the “war room” for the investigation since the Sheriff Office’s mobile command center pulled out of McCleary.

“It’s not anything special,” she said, “but it does the job.”

Davin shares the office with a handful of sheriff’s detectives and FBI agents still dedicated to the case full-time. Other investigators come and go as necessary.

“This is my world,” she said. “I am assigned exclusively to this case.”

In the past five weeks, the investigators have questioned hundreds of people, collected thousands of tips and built a computer database of information that they hope will point them to Lindsey.

Short summary paragraphs of every tip are catalogued in 5-inch-thick binders. Davin said they just started their fifth binder.

“You get so much information on a daily basis,” she said.

Undersheriff Scott said the investigation has produced an abundance of clues, but almost no evidence. Thousands of tips have been called or sent in, but they lead in a thousand different directions, few any more likely than the others.

Investigators considered all possibilities from lost to run-away to abducted at first. As the days passed, they quickly began to fear Lindsey had been taken. They worked longer hours and re-canvased areas of town.

“You can’t work, eat and sleep one situation like this and not become obsessed about it,” Scott said.

Sheriff Mike Whelan agreed that the detectives have given everything they can to the investigation.

“Our detectives are going out there and talking to the family over and over again,” he said. “They do this so much that they get an idea of what this child is like. ... It’s almost like they knew the child even though they have never seen her before.”

Whelan said he has authorized long hours of overtime and extra resources for the case despite the department’s current budget issues.

“I don’t know what it’s cost us,” he said. “It’s cost us an awful lot, but we’re going to spend whatever it takes.”

Scott said it has been difficult to balance staff levels dedicated to the case while making sure other everyday crimes and previous cases are not neglected. He said no other cases will be ignored, but they will have to be prioritized.

“There isn’t a single detective on this case that was sitting around with nothing to do,” he said. “They all had big case loads, so we’ve had to dole that out.”

Scott said the detectives now practice a “routine” of collecting and prioritizing new tips and assigning investigators to check them out daily. The methodical approach is meant to single out valuable information, but it often ends in false leads and little reward at first.

“Every time you think you’re onto something that’s going to be viable, you hit a brick wall,” he said. “It fizzles out. Then you have to regroup and take the next task you’ve been assigned, the next tip and hope that it’s the one. And you have to go at it with the same energy.”

Davin said she is responsible for coordinating incoming information and helping sort through the daily assignments. She feels encouraged by the support from other law enforcement agencies and the investigative experience many have brought to the case.

The core investigators — Davin, Keith Peterson and Ed McGowan — have a good balance of temperaments and perspectives. They will often sit over meals and try to sort through different aspects of the case as a group.

“We talk,” she said. “We sit as a team and we talk.”

Having worked more than 10 days straight at the beginning of the search, Davin said the case has definitely taken a toll on some of the detectives. They are trying to make sure each other get enough time off so they can recharge and come back with fresh insights.

“It’s probably hard to focus at home,” she admitted.

The lost leads and dead-ends also weigh on the investigators, she said, but they know one small piece of information could turn things around quickly.

“We haven’t given up,” she said.

Despite the setbacks, Scott said the case remains the office’s highest priority. Investigators will do whatever is necessary to bring Lindsey back to her family.

“The hell that we’re going to can’t compare to theirs.”

WAITING

Melissa Baum said the anxiety hits her at night when the air quiets and she runs out of tasks to keep herself distracted.

“I cry myself to sleep begging and praying for the Lord to lead me to my daughter,” she said. “Every night I lay down with the hope that it will be tonight that they come pounding on my door at 3 a.m. and hand her to me, but every night it gets harder and harder.”

She sleeps with a copy of “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” next to her on the nightstand. The book hasn’t moved since Lindsey disappeared.

“Lindsey and I were sort of taking turns reading aloud to each other,” she said. “I haven’t touched the book. It’s still on my nightstand. I haven’t touched it.”

Baum said she and her 12-year-old son, Josh, will sit down at night to watch a movie and feel overwhelmed by Lindsey’s absence.

During the first two weeks, she almost never left home for fear she would miss a phone call. She now tries to stay busy throughout the day by posting fliers, often replacing old black-and-white versions with color posters. She talks to investigators and tries to make sure Josh has things to keep his mind occupied.

“He’s having a difficult time,” Baum said. “He’s angry. He misses his sister a lot. He’s wanting to go out and find whoever has her.”

When Baum runs out of things to do, sometimes she just gets in the car, which is plastered with fliers, and drives.

“I’ll just drive around for hours,” she said, “just drive around, hoping something will pull me toward her.”

Baum said the community support has been great. Her friends and family have collected donations to help her pay bills until she can return to work. But she says she still can’t focus on anything else.

She struggles with wondering how the investigation is going. She calls daily for updates on the case.

“I’m just at that point where I’m having a really difficult time sitting back and trusting them to do it,” she said. “I have tried really hard from the beginning to just stay out of their way.

“It’s getting hard.”

Baum said the worst part is knowing somebody holds the answer. Somebody, if they wanted to, could bring her daughter home at any moment.

“I can’t believe that nobody knows anything,” she said. “They just need to come forward. They need to re-evaluate their morality and put my little girl first.”

She said she knows Lindsey is alive and soon somebody will have the courage to lead investigators to her. She asked anyone with information to call the tip line at 1-866-915-8299.

“I just want her back,” she said. “You can stay anonymous, even calling a tip in. You don’t have to give your name or anything.”

After five weeks, yellow police tape still hangs over Lindsey’s door. Hand-written signs of support still hang in the windows of the house. Log trucks still slowly roll past Maple Street.

“She’s an 11-year-old little girl with her whole life ahead of her,” Baum said. “I will find her because I won’t stop. I’ll never stop. I will find my daughter.”

She lit a second cigarette and glanced eastward.

http://**/articles/2009/08/02/local_news/doc4a75285b085b5140001671.txt

Where is Josh Baum?

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2009, 09:46:17 AM »

Vigil for Lindsey Baum
Saturday, July 25, 2009 1:14 AM PDT

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2009, 10:29:42 AM »

Where is Jim Mullin's Creek?  Is it far from 5th and Maple?  Is this creek the one shown on the map provided by Karma?

I wonder what led authorities to search that creek early on in the investigation?

Janet

++++++++

Search ramps up for McCleary girl
10:19 PM PDT on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

After four days, searchers say they're trying to remain optimistic. Today Grays Harbor County called in the State Patrol's plane for help.

More dogs were called out to look in the neighborhood where Lindsey was last seen walking home from a friend's house Friday night.

Every option is still on the table for police, who say Lindsey could have been injured, lost, kidnapped or just ran away.

"We have not found evidence, we have not found circumstances, witnesses or information that speaks specifically as to what happened to Lindsey," said Scott.

Instead of kids playing in Jim Mullin's creek, search dogs were back on his property. It's the sixth time his place has been searched.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html

MAP

KarmaRoundUp
Re: Lindsey Baum ~ Photos, Maps and Links
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2009, 11:50:39 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5580.40

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2009, 12:31:29 PM »

Missing McCleary girl's mom heading to NY
06:20 PM PDT on Wednesday, August 12, 2009
By DREW MIKKELSEN / KING 5 News

McCLEARY, Wash. - The mother of a girl missing since June is going to New York City to raise awareness about missing children.

Melissa Baum will be part of the “Amber Ready Back to School Safety Weekend” starting Friday in Times Square. Amber Ready is a company that produces DNA and fingerprint kits for children.

Baum’s 10-year-old daughter Lindsey vanished June 26. Lindsey was last seen walking home from a friend’s house. Police have not found her or anyone who knows what happened to her.

“I know she’s alive,” said Melissa Baum, who refuses to give up hope her daughter will be found safe.

Melissa Baum just bought school supplies for Lindsey. She’s supposed to start school as a sixth grader later this summer

A $10,000 reward is being offered to anyone who helps police locate Lindsey.

The reward started as a $6,000 offer, but an anonymous donor raised it to $10,000.

“There are people out there that really do care,” said Melissa Baum.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_081209WAB-lindsey-baum-mom-KS.d38b630d.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2009, 01:44:53 PM »

I have no doubt that Melissa Baum is being used by Michelle Bart to further Bart's personal  agenda ... but I somehow believe that Melissa Baum also is going to benefit financially from this ABC special.  Think about George and Cindy Anthony and ... their network interviews.

I hope I am wrong.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2009, 01:46:05 PM »

Okay, I'm stealing Muffy's line for a minute...

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." ~ Daniel Patrick Moynihan

There are several of us that are *jaded* because of Cindy & George Anthonys' actions, so I can understand how some monkeys feel about MB and the ABC special.

Not that I agree, but I certainly understand.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2009, 03:37:40 PM »

Considering Michelle Bart ... whose motives we all agree are suspect ... has taken Melissa Baum under her wing for the New York ABC special ... I contend this relationship is not a non-issue ... it should be monitored closely.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2009, 04:07:19 PM »

What if Marilyn LaChester is telling the truth in regards to physical abuse by both Melissa and Josh towards Lindsey ... physical abuse that involved reports being filed with the McCleary Police Department and CPS ... filed and not acted upon.

No backup to the contrary has been revealed in any of the Lindsey Baum Threads.

Without backup to the contrary ... without backup that Marilyn LaChester is the grandmother of all liars and ... most of all ... out of love for Lindsey ... I cannot let this go.

If I have missed something ... link please.

Thank you.

Janet

++++++++

MARILYN LA CHESTER - IN HER OWN WORDS

1.  As far as the abuse Lindsey went threw the MPD knows the FBI also knows.

2.  They have the reports I help Lindsey file.

3.  Just as of this moring when the FBI was at my house I made a comment about the 911 calls and the call to CPS

p://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=post;quote=904672;topic=5790.880;num_replies=1162;sesc=28414912316d49a494791fe51542bb71

4.  To answer the questions everyone has asked, Yes I have talked to police and as far as things being unfounded its more of lazy work by cps and I don't know what the police were thinking. Since Lindsey has gone missing I have helped serch and put fliers up. I was called by the agents investigating and told them what I know. And this is no nick name everyone in McCleary knows who I am. Its no big secret she had came to my house to call 911 when her brother had done things to her. I hope lindsey is hiding and she finds a way to get to someone for help to tell them why. But as everyday gose by the fear gets worse.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html?ocp=2#slcgm_comments_anchor

5.  I am close to her and I know a lot more than the media or law enforcement are saying right now. As for Scanner, sorry if you don't like the truth but I have never been one to keep the truth in and she should of been taken the first time she called 911 from my house asking for help instead of put in a police car and taken back to her abuser!"

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor...omments_anchor

MARILYN LA CHESTER'S FRIEND - IN HER OWN WORDS

1.  ... One time she called CPS on melissa baum when lindsey came over with welts from her calfs to her back.  she was horrified and i think a couple others saw this at her house.  the other incidents with Josh were chasing her with knife, shovel, choking, and at least one other attack against another individual (and here i forgot to write it down, i think it was a female but can't recall if it was an adult or child, but marilyn made the call).  she says he was very violent and went to Juvi many times!  hmm.  anyway, i don't think she's lying, that's a whole lot to be lying about, haha. ...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5790.msg904974#msg904974

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2009, 05:46:39 PM »

What has been revealed in regards to the various troubling issues encompassing Josh Baum ... I feel for this young man.  Nevertheless ... considering the heated argument just prior to his sister's disappearance ... the heated argument that dictated intervention by a family friend ... Josh Baum must be considered a person of interest until eliminated as a person of interest by LE.  In the name of justice for Lindsey Baum ... no person of interest should be given a free pass.

Janet

Janet, I strongly agree with you on this.  If we cannot consider or discuss Josh, the only one fighting with Lindsey that last day, then we have no reason to be here.  The reasons given for not looking at him are not compelling to me.    A moment of uncontrolled rage and a little help with cleanup is all it would have required for Josh to be involved.   Feeling sorry for Josh is not the point here; finding Lindsey is.   

Chi-M

_____

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2009, 08:21:40 PM »

What if Marilyn LaChester is telling the truth in regards to physical abuse by both Melissa and Josh towards Lindsey ... physical abuse that involved reports being filed with the McCleary Police Department and CPS ... filed and not acted upon.

No backup to the contrary has been revealed in any of the Lindsey Baum Threads.

Without backup to the contrary ... without backup that Marilyn LaChester is the grandmother of all liars and ... most of all ... out of love for Lindsey ... I cannot let this go.

If I have missed something ... link please.

Thank you.

Janet

++++++++

MARILYN LA CHESTER - IN HER OWN WORDS

1.  As far as the abuse Lindsey went threw the MPD knows the FBI also knows.

2.  They have the reports I help Lindsey file.

3.  Just as of this moring when the FBI was at my house I made a comment about the 911 calls and the call to CPS

p://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=post;quote=904672;topic=5790.880;num_replies=1162;sesc=28414912316d49a494791fe51542bb71

4.  To answer the questions everyone has asked, Yes I have talked to police and as far as things being unfounded its more of lazy work by cps and I don't know what the police were thinking. Since Lindsey has gone missing I have helped serch and put fliers up. I was called by the agents investigating and told them what I know. And this is no nick name everyone in McCleary knows who I am. Its no big secret she had came to my house to call 911 when her brother had done things to her. I hope lindsey is hiding and she finds a way to get to someone for help to tell them why. But as everyday gose by the fear gets worse.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html?ocp=2#slcgm_comments_anchor

5.  I am close to her and I know a lot more than the media or law enforcement are saying right now. As for Scanner, sorry if you don't like the truth but I have never been one to keep the truth in and she should of been taken the first time she called 911 from my house asking for help instead of put in a police car and taken back to her abuser!"

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor...omments_anchor

MARILYN LA CHESTER'S FRIEND - IN HER OWN WORDS

1.  ... One time she called CPS on melissa baum when lindsey came over with welts from her calfs to her back.  she was horrified and i think a couple others saw this at her house.  the other incidents with Josh were chasing her with knife, shovel, choking, and at least one other attack against another individual (and here i forgot to write it down, i think it was a female but can't recall if it was an adult or child, but marilyn made the call).  she says he was very violent and went to Juvi many times!  hmm.  anyway, i don't think she's lying, that's a whole lot to be lying about, haha. ...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5790.msg904974#msg904974

i think that mlachester is a mixed bag of the truth and lies.  i know many people believe the theory that "once a liar always a liar" and if someone is lying about one thing then they must be lying about everything...but i dont know in this case.  either this woman is completely delusional (which is possible) or she's so mad and upset about lb missing, and is so certain that the mother or brother had something to do w/it because of insider knowledge she has on the family dynamic (possibly things lb has told her) that she's trying to make them look bad to the public.
love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2009, 08:51:49 PM »

Okay, I'm stealing Muffy's line for a minute...

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." ~ Daniel Patrick Moynihan

There are several of us that are *jaded* because of Cindy & George Anthonys' actions, so I can understand how some monkeys feel about MB and the ABC special.

Not that I agree, but I certainly understand.

Leroy ... you are one class act.  You know how to respectfully disagree with another's opinion.  Thank you.

I was taught a lesson by my parents and ... I passed this lesson on to my now grown children ... "It is not what you say ... it is how you say it" that will determine the response.

I am getting so sick as well as discouraged of being bashed by a few on this forum for not blindly giving Josh and Melissa Baum a free pass in regards to their actions and motives.

Until the truth is known what happened to Lindsy Baum ...

Janet

Something you are very good at...

love4ever

I do believe I detect something called sarcasm.

Please link to one of my post that reveal disrespect to a poster who is not on the same page as me in regards to an issue..

I sincerely attempt to stop and consider my words on the forums and ... in my life.  In otherwords dialogue is where it is at.  However ... I concede there are times I fail in that attempt and ... if I have been disrespectful ... I apologize.

Janet

Actually, I am not being sarcastic, I am stating the obvious. I am not playing the linking game with you, sorry. You are not being disrespectful, you are just being you. So commence with your posts, I shall ignore them from now on. Your dialogue has not proved anything in my research, in fact, it stalls further progress. Furthermore, I am not perfect and I make mistakes too, but I do not wish to go around in a vicious circle about things we can not prove. Personally that would drive me insane. Carry on... this will be my last post to you..
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2009, 10:58:25 PM »

Latest Map: Credit to jvk over yonder:

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2009, 11:43:52 AM »

There was a confirmed sighting of Lindsey at 5th and Maple on the evening of June 26, 2009.  Why would Lindsey have backtracked and taken the 6th Street route?

Janet

++++++++

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #992 on: July 04, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »

When Lindsey left my house she headed down maple street - my daughter watched her until the neighbors trees got in the way that would have been before she hit the corner of 7th and Maple.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864342;topicseen

ABC News – June 30, 2009

Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2

The Daily World - July 2, 2009

Scott said a second person came forward Tuesday with a confirmed sighting of Baum from Friday night in the same area along Maple Street near Fifth Street.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2009, 12:03:15 PM »

The confirmed sighting of Lindsey on 5th Street was two block further along the Maple Street route from where Michaela Kampen's last sighting of Lindsey on 7th Street.  According to the above map ... this would imply that Lindsey would have had to backtrack along Maple Street if she made the decision or was forced to take the 6th Street route when she was just a short distance from her home.

I tend to believe that this little girl made it as far as the Shell Station and ... then something bad happened while checking to make sure her brother had picked up her bike.  I could be wrong.

Janet

++++++++

THE ARGUMENT

ABC News - June 30, 2009

Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.  Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house.

KARA KAMPEN - IN HER OWN WORDS

Kara Kampen:
  The conversation was apparently quite short and consisted of little more then a "Josh you need to go home" Josh trying to explain what was going on and the girls asking the lady to tell Josh to go home again.

Kara Kampen:  As for the argument: according to my daughter right now: it started at Shell station (this is where they left the bike) then they continued walking til they were on Maple   

Kara Kampen:  Josh had gotten into so many spats that honestly were in a large part things he did not start but because he was the oldest he was the one who got in trouble. I've set down kids I've never met before to have a talk with them because I heard that they were antagonizing him to see if he'd blow up.

The Daily World - July 3, 2009

Kampen said she has replayed that Friday evening in her head over and over. So has her daughter, Michaela, 10, who spent the day swimming with Lindsey. They walked together with Josh Baum, 13, to the Kampen house. But halfway there, Michaela said they teased Josh, getting under his skin ...

http://**/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

THE BIKE

Quote from: Northern Rose on July 08, 2009, 03:51:16 PM

Bike was left behind Shell, fight took place on Maple where neighbour sent Josh away.

Where did he go from there? 
Who picked up the bike as it was left at the Shell?
Did he go straight home and was anyone there?
Was he home at 9:15 - 9:30?

KaraK
« Reply #1653 on: July 08, 2009, 08:48:14 PM »

1) I can't answer the first one because I was told he went home but was not there myself.
2) The bike stayed at the Shell station. It was not picked up until 2 to 3 days after.
3) Josh's mom was home but again for the same reason as 1 I can not factually say he went straight home.
4) ?

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2009, 01:05:24 PM »

Why was Melissa Baum not concerned that BOTH Josh and Lindsey were not home by the curfew time of 10:00 PM ... only Lindsey?

Could it be that Josh Baum DID conform to the family friend's instructions and ... returned home immediately following the argument he had with his sister?

When the argument is considered why is the topic of Josh Baum a non-issue in the media ... press releases ... forums ....?

Janet

+++++++

Quote from: Tamikosmom on July 05, 2009, 04:03:25 AM

What time did Melissa contact you with her concern that the girls had not returned home?

KaraK
« Reply #1085 on: July 05, 2009, 05:39:45 AM »

I believe it was 10:25 when I got the call. I am not sure if she tried previous to that because my battery was drained and charging and I have a majorly cheap phone that works only when it wants to.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864836;topicseen#msg864836

ABC News - June 30, 2009

Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

"When she wasn't home by 10, I started to get nervous," Baum said, adding that 10 p.m. is the curfew for her children.

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.