March 28, 2024, 12:37:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TIMELINES AND THEORIES  (Read 86287 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2009, 04:10:05 PM »

Melissa

Considering you are a good friend of Lindsey's mother ... are you aware whether or not Josh Baum returned home following the argument ... returned home as instructed by the family friend.  In other words ... was Josh home with Mom at the time that Lindsey left the Kampen/Williams residence between 9:15 PM and 9:30 PM.

If it is known that Josh was home ... speculation regarding this young man ...  who you did not deny had agGression issues ... can cease.

Thank You.

Janet

whomever asked about jb being home (maybe that was janet) when lindsey disappeared, yes he was home. that has been stated at some point in time.

Thanks Melissa.

Considering that you are a close friend of Lindsey's mother ... I wanted confirmation from you.  Kara Kampen would not or could not confirm.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2009, 04:11:55 PM »

On the other hand ... maybe my speculation will not cease ...

Janet

+++++

the "all of you" in my above post means MM< MB< KK< JENNIFERO etc, it does not mean any of the posters here

Thanks DD.  That's been my point with them.  How can you believe any of them?  As far as I'm concerned until we know otherwise, everyone in McCleary is still a suspect.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2009, 04:19:01 PM »

Janet

+++++

the "all of you" in my above post means MM< MB< KK< JENNIFERO etc, it does not mean any of the posters here

Thanks DD.  That's been my point with them.  How can you believe any of them?  As far as I'm concerned until we know otherwise, everyone in McCleary is still a suspect.
I'm with you Janet, actually my speculation of certain things has intensified    I am very skeptical right now more so than ever.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2009, 04:20:41 PM »

I pick #3.  I do believe that the truth will emerge as the cord weakens when the strands are no longer entwined.

Janet

+++++++++

... Misdirection, not following up on possible leads, even "mistruths"  surrounding those who are close to Lindsey and/or her family is perplexing and disturbing.  Is this massive egos, sick fascination, or something possible more sinister?!  JMO

Prayers for Lindsey and those that are truly trying to bring her home.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2009, 12:28:05 AM »

It appears that Scott Williams wanted to take Josh Baum along with him to the PD.

Janet

+++++++

doubledecker
Re: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 -
« Reply #1560 on: September 26, 2009, 11:42:03 PM »

still looking as I have literally over 1000 emails... but here is part of the discussion with kara about this account mess between mb and mm

from kara

Hey - I just wanted to tell you that I did not spill the beans to Melissa Baum - I actually spoke to MB before I got your email telling me who it was cause she showed up over here and as soon as I mentioned the part of Scott talking to PD and wanting to take Josh she knew instantly who it was that was talking to you. Apparently she had an argument with MM the night before last regarding her lack of involvement or care in Lindsey's disappearance and told MM that she needed to close down the account that MM set up that no one else has access to and is already being monitored by the IRS and all online transactions froze because she was transferring funds from that account into her personal account and then they apparently had words over me - which just so you know MM does not know me - she's met me maybe 6 times and never for longer than a few minutes.

She's a royal selfish bitch and if she keeps it up her boyfriend is going to find out that she's got herpes - lol and see how that sits with him. In all honesty she is jealous because for some time she is the closest person (distance wise) for MB to call and now with me around and willing to actually take part in anything Lindsey related she really rarely even speaks to MM and MM has not even bothered to come down here since that first 1.5 weeks after LB went missing except for once to try and talk MB out of her phone plan as mentioned in the previous email.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5810.msg959678;topicseen

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2009, 12:32:33 AM »

Janet

+++++

I'm with you Janet, actually my speculation of certain things has intensified    I am very skeptical right now more so than ever.

I wonder when and how this is all going to play out and ... who are the major players involved.

Janet

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2009, 12:38:02 AM »

Is Josh Baum still living with his Mom in McCleary?  If Kona's words regarding Josh's aggression were untrue ... why did Melissa McCann not refute those words?

Janet

++++++

MELISSA MCCANN - JOSH BAUM

I have some questions!  Before you and MD hooked up and before MD was allowed custody he obviously must have been the better choice of two parents.  I'm curious to the amount of self education parents sought for a daughter with asbergers.  It is quite a struggle managing the physical and mental forms of this disability and also to navigate a medical world for treatment as well as goverment agencies.  This is such a rare form of of functioning autism I find it difficult to believe that MD and MB through you never had a discussion about support groups and help once the child with Asbergers enters school.  There are three support groups near McCleary that can help guide a parent.  JB has already entered the court system with his anti social fire starting and underlining aggression.  Being MB's friend she didn't confide in you (knowledge is power) her frustrations with JB because they were huge in the psychiatric world of getting a child help.  This seemed to be source of concern for Lindsey with what we know to date.  My space comments, running to the neighbors for help and calling 911.  Whoa monkey's, jump back.  Your a close friend now so I ask how mom is handeling the new school yr. for JB and pray due to his agressive, firestarting behaviors if he is in a behavior modification program and if the scholl will let him attend.   A frustrating loss may bring out even worse syptoms if not addressed.  If MB isn't in a support group I would be more than gratefull to direct her in the right and good diretion.

Mark would be the better person to address this but I will do my best as I am new to learning about aspergers. Aspergers, as most conditions affect people differently. JB and MD's daughter are as different as night and day. Also again, we just got the girls awarded to us August 25th. Prior to that they have been splitting time between their mother and us. MD and his family are from Olympia. Different cities, different schools, there really wasnt a reason to connect JB and MD's daughter. MD and his ex wife have researched aspergers, joined the different groups, fought to get an IEP, ect..  I know what MB goes through with JB and he has more issues than aspergers so we dont deal with anything that MB does. thanks for your concern regarding that but MB has been dealing with this issue for years.

Also, Mark is not the better parent but we do currently provide the best situation for the children.  The girls mom loves them wholeheartedly and we hope that her anger will not be a deterant in finding common ground when it comes to raising the girls.

regarding MB. She is doing what she can to help JB. She has the programs in place that need to be there and thank you for your concern

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2009, 02:11:03 AM »

Monkeys

My unpopular position with many on this forum regarding Josh did sway for a period of time today but ... I have regained my balance.

Unless it is revealed otherwise ... I will continue to ask myself the following questions regarding Lindsey Baum's disappearance:

1.  Following the witness sighting ... is it possible that an impulsive action by someone close to Lindsey unintentionally ... in the act of wrongdoing ... caused her death?  Did Lindsey stop at the Shell Station to retrieve her bike and met with foul play?  Did Lindsey make it home and it was there that something went terribly wrong?

2.  In a sincere attempt to protect a loved one  ... is it possible assistance to cover up was requested and provided?

3.  Considering there have been no arrests ... could there be underlying legal issues  encompassing the questioning of an underage person of interest without any concrete evidence that implies a felony? 

Janet

+++++++

Expert: Missing girl likely went with someone she knew
09:58 PM PDT on Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A national expert helping in the search for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum says someone Lindsey knew might be responsible for her disappearance. Baum vanished while walking home from a friend’s house Friday around 9 p.m.

"Based on the information I have, it’s someone she possibly knows or is in the area, not outside the area," said Henry Schmidt, with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children..

Schmidt, a retired sheriff from Wyoming, arrived in McCleary to assist with the search Sunday.

http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_070109WAB-mccleary-KS.260ea8b9.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: October 02, 2009, 05:57:46 PM »

NO SEARCH WARRANT?
When the argument that Lindsey had with her brother minutes prior to her disappearance is considered ... when the underlying family dynamics which were known to CPS and LE are considered and ... when it is consider how close Lindsey was to home when observed by witness sighting … I cannot comprehend ... in the process of elimination ... why there was not a search warrant immediately issued by LE and approved by a judge.

If police activity that reflected the recent search had taken place at any period within the past three months at the Baum residence/property ... the media would have covered it accordingly.

In the majority of missing person cases … the family is the immediate focus and … from there the investigation branches out.

Could it be that the focus of the investigation has never been on Melissa B. and Josh B. as persons of interest because there were red flags from the past … red flags that LE and CPS did not want exposed ... red flags that were disregarded ... red flags that should have been addressed ... red flags that could have been the catalyst of protection for a little girl named Lindsey.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: October 02, 2009, 06:37:03 PM »

Considering the truth regarding the disappearance of Lindsey Baum is not known ... I feel that each Monkey on the forum should "feel" the freedom to speculate in his/her own way. 

I believe with all my heart that LE has a foundation from which suspicion of this young man has been drawn from ... suspicion that has deemed him a person of interest.  Something akin to many persons of interest in criminal cases ... the investigative process will either clear this young man or ... it will determine if he is a suspect.

However ... when I consider the witness sighting of Lindsey at Maple and Fifth ... minutes from home ... minutes from Mom and brother ... I believe the focus of the investigation should have be closer to home prior to moving outward.  Considering Melissa B and Josh B. were waiting at the end of Lindsey journey ... considering the known family dynamics ...  were these two ever deemed at some point in time persons of interest?

Janet
_____

MARILYN LA CHESTER

1.  As far as the abuse Lindsey went threw the MPD knows the FBI also knows.

2.  They have the reports I help Lindsey file.

3.  Just as of this moring when the FBI was at my house I made a comment about the 911 calls and the call to CPS

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=post;quote=904672;topic=5790.880;num_replies=1162;sesc=28414912316d49a494791fe51542bb71

mlachester:

To answer the questions everyone has asked, Yes I have talked to police and as far as things being unfounded its more of lazy work by cps and I don't know what the police were thinking. Since Lindsey has gone missing I have helped serch and put fliers up. I was called by the agents investigating and told them what I know. And this is no nick name everyone in McCleary knows who I am. Its no big secret she had came to my house to call 911 when her brother had done things to her. I hope lindsey is hiding and she finds a way to get to someone for help to tell them why. But as everyday gose by the fear gets worse.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html?ocp=2#slcgm_comments_anchor

mlachester:

I am close to her and I know a lot more than the media or law enforcement are saying right now. As for Scanner, sorry if you don't like the truth but I have never been one to keep the truth in and she should of been taken the first time she called 911 from my house asking for help instead of put in a police car and taken back to her abuser!"

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor...omments_anchor

Marilyn La Chester's Friend

... One time she called CPS on melissa baum when lindsey came over with welts from her calfs to her back.  she was horrified and i think a couple others saw this at her house.  the other incidents with Josh were chasing her with knife, shovel, choking, and at least one other attack against another individual (and here i forgot to write it down, i think it was a female but can't recall if it was an adult or child, but marilyn made the call).  she says he was very violent and went to Juvi many times!  hmm.  anyway, i don't think she's lying, that's a whole lot to be lying about.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5790.msg904974#msg904974

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: October 02, 2009, 06:43:30 PM »

RED FLAGS?

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #1809 on: July 09, 2009, 04:33:45 AM »

... Josh had gotten into so many spats that honestly were in a large part things he did not start but because he was the oldest he was the one who got in trouble. I've set down kids I've never met before to have a talk with them because I heard that they were antagonizing him to see if he'd blow up. Really sad that kids do that sort of thing but it happened back when I was little to so I guess its not a new thing but I believe it is far more common now days - still not at all acceptable or called for.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg871164;topicseen#msg871164

The Daily World - July 3, 2009

Kampen said she has replayed that Friday evening in her head over and over. So has her daughter, Michaela, 10, who spent the day swimming with Lindsey. They walked together with Josh Baum, 13, to the Kampen house. But halfway there, Michaela said they teased Josh, getting under his skin ...

http://**/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: October 02, 2009, 06:45:44 PM »

Then there are the words of mamahead, La Chester's friend,  Lindsey and Melissa M ... words that imply that there were troubling underlying dynamics within the Baum household.

Janet

++++++

mamahead:

Lindsey has been afraid of her brother for a very long time. He has threatned her many times. Where is she? And why is the mother not crazy with sadness or emotion. Show us some tears. The friend that Lindsey was last with shows more emotion than the mother. And why was the brother begging for money for fireworks at his little sisters candlelight vigil?

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070609WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-SW.14c01624.html

Marilyn La Chester's Friend

... One time she called CPS on melissa baum when lindsey came over with welts from her calfs to her back.  she was horrified and i think a couple others saw this at her house.  the other incidents with Josh were chasing her with knife, shovel, choking, and at least one other attack against another individual (and here i forgot to write it down, i think it was a female but can't recall if it was an adult or child, but marilyn made the call).  she says he was very violent and went to Juvi many times!  hmm.  anyway, i don't think she's lying, that's a whole lot to be lying about.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5790.msg904974#msg904974

Lindsey Baum:  Facebook Entry

TWILIGHT FREAK is happy that her brother is going to juvi tomorrow.Mood: happ at 14:10 17 Jun view more

Lindsey Baum is happy that her brother is going to juvie tomorrow.
Mood: Happ at 14:10 17 June

http://www.myspace.com/477760045

+++++++

Melissa McCann

I have some questions!  Before you and MD hooked up and before MD was allowed custody he obviously must have been the better choice of two parents.  I'm curious to the amount of self education parents sought for a daughter with asbergers.  It is quite a struggle managing the physical and mental forms of this disability and also to navigate a medical world for treatment as well as goverment agencies.  This is such a rare form of of functioning autism I find it difficult to believe that MD and MB through you never had a discussion about support groups and help once the child with Asbergers enters school.  There are three support groups near McCleary that can help guide a parent.  JB has already entered the court system with his anti social fire starting and underlining aggression.  Being MB's friend she didn't confide in you (knowledge is power) her frustrations with JB because they were huge in the psychiatric world of getting a child help.  This seemed to be source of concern for Lindsey with what we know to date.  My space comments, running to the neighbors for help and calling 911.  Whoa monkey's, jump back.  Your a close friend now so I ask how mom is handeling the new school yr. for JB and pray due to his agressive, firestarting behaviors if he is in a behavior modification program and if the scholl will let him attend.   A frustrating loss may bring out even worse syptoms if not addressed.  If MB isn't in a support group I would be more than gratefull to direct her in the right and good diretion.

Mark would be the better person to address this but I will do my best as I am new to learning about aspergers. Aspergers, as most conditions affect people differently. JB and MD's daughter are as different as night and day. Also again, we just got the girls awarded to us August 25th. Prior to that they have been splitting time between their mother and us. MD and his family are from Olympia. Different cities, different schools, there really wasnt a reason to connect JB and MD's daughter. MD and his ex wife have researched aspergers, joined the different groups, fought to get an IEP, ect.. I know what MB goes through with JB and he has more issues than aspergers so we dont deal with anything that MB does. thanks for your concern regarding that but MB has been dealing with this issue for years.

Also, Mark is not the better parent but we do currently provide the best situation for the children.  The girls mom loves them wholeheartedly and we hope that her anger will not be a deterant in finding common ground when it comes to raising the girls.

regarding MB. She is doing what she can to help JB. She has the programs in place that need to be there and thank you for your concern

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2009, 12:43:01 PM »

On August 2, 2009 ... police tape was still preventing Melissa Baum from entering Lindsey's room.  Has that tape been removed.

++++++++

I WILL FIND MY DAUGHTER
BY JACOB JONES - The Daily World
Sunday, August 2, 2009 1:14 AM PDT

Baum said the worst part is knowing somebody holds the answer. Somebody, if they wanted to, could bring her daughter home at any moment.

“I can’t believe that nobody knows anything,” she said. “They just need to come forward. They need to re-evaluate their morality and put my little girl first.”

She said she knows Lindsey is alive and soon somebody will have the courage to lead investigators to her. She asked anyone with information to call the tip line at 1-866-915-8299.

“I just want her back,” she said. “You can stay anonymous, even calling a tip in. You don’t have to give your name or anything.”

After five weeks, yellow police tape still hangs over Lindsey’s door. Hand-written signs of support still hang in the windows of the house. Log trucks still slowly roll past Maple Street.

http://**/articles/2009/08/02/local_news/doc4a75285b085b5140001671.prt

http://**/articles/2009/08/02/local_news/doc4a75285b085b5140001671.txt

_____

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2010, 04:12:11 AM »

Janet, please allow me a few minutes of your time.  I am very familiar with children who have Asperger Syndrome.  It on the autistic spectrum.  As we know the statistics tell us that one in every 91 children have a form of autism.

I have read the beginning of this thread (I have read several pages and I also read some at the end, I skipped the middle as each page appeared to me to say the same thing).  From the first page of this thread, I knew him to be a child with Asperger Syndrome just by the quotes of others.

This child should have had a positive behavior program (by law) in school, he should never have been in reach of the fire alarm in the first place.  He should also have had some type of behavioral services at home where he was not left alone until the behaviors decreased or had been eliminated.  I fear the system has failed this child.

The fact that he was off topic at his sister's vigil or anywhere else does not surprise me in the least.  Children with Asperger Syndrome are rarely on topic.  It does not mean they do not care, it is just that their brain is not wired like yours and mine.  They do not follow social norms, even though they do have feelings.  I encourage you to read all you can about this syndrome, autism in general, and actually volunteer some time with your local school district to work with children with autism.  You will then be able to see what I mean.

I would encourage you to come to my home and walk this walk with me and you will see a Mom who is highly trained by experts in the field on how to work with the challenging behaviors of autism, how to teach children with problems to read, how to control behavior until they can control it themselves all in a positive and loving environment. 

Josh's program should have included a psychiatrist to help treat the aggression with medicine, if and when appropriate, and a behavior specialist to help form socially appropriate forms of behavior, with the psychiatrist lowering the doses of medication as his brain (being plastic as all of ours are) would have made the necessary changes and connections to help with these issues.

The fact that this was not done along with the added impact of children teasing him breaks my heart.  He was no more able to change his behavior alone than a diabetic is able to control their blood sugar by taking their medication away from them and telling them they are on their own.

When will behaviorist and psychiatric funding be required so that we may help children and curb their behaviors before they become adults?  Prevention is key and cost effective.

Thank you for your time.

Bearlyhere

« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:53:02 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2010, 04:19:45 AM »

http://www.tonyattwood.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62:what-is-aspergers&catid=36:what-is&Itemid=176

What is Aspergers?

Dr Hans Asperger, an Austrian paediatrician, originally described Asperger’s Syndrome in 1944. The syndrome has more recently been classified as an autistic spectrum disorder.

Children and adults with Asperger’s Syndrome have an intellectual capacity within the normal range, but have a distinct profile of abilities that has been apparent since early childhood. The profile of abilities includes the following characteristics:

A qualitative impairment in social interaction:
* Failure to develop friendships that are appropriate to the child’s developmental level.
* Impaired use of non-verbal behaviour such as eye gaze, facial expression and body language to regulate a social interaction.
* Lack of social and emotional reciprocity and empathy.
* Impaired ability to identify social cues and conventions.

A qualitative impairment in subtle communication skills:
* Fluent speech but difficulties with conversation skills and a tendency to be pedantic, have an unusual prosody and to make a literal interpretation.

Restrictive Interests:
* The development of special  interests that is unusual in their intensity and focus.
* Preference for routine and consistency.

The disorder can also include motor clumsiness and problems with handwriting and being hypersensitive to specific auditory and tactile experiences. There can also be problems with organisational and time management skills and explaining thoughts and ideas using speech. The exact prevalence rates have yet to be determined, but research suggests that it may be as common as one in 250. The aetiology is probably due to factors that affect brain development and not due to emotional deprivation or other psychogenic factors.

The characteristics of Asperger’s Syndrome described above are based on the diagnostic criteria and current research and have also been modified as a result of my extensive clinical experience. I would like to provide a personalised description of Asperger’s Syndrome that also incorporates the person’s qualities as well as their difficulties.

Tony's Perspective

From my clinical experience I consider that children and adults with Aspergers Syndrome have a different, not defective, way of thinking.

The person usually has a strong desire to seek knowledge, truth and perfection with a different set of priorities than would be expected with other people. There is also a different perception of situations and sensory experiences. The overriding priority may be to solve a problem rather than satisfy the social or emotional needs of others.

The person values being creative rather than co-operative.

The person with Aspergers syndrome may perceive errors that are not apparent to others, giving considerable attention to detail, rather than noticing the “big picture”.

The person is usually renowned for being direct, speaking their mind and being honest and determined and having a strong sense of social justice.

The person may actively seek and enjoy solitude, be a loyal friend and have a distinct sense of humour.

However, the person with Aspergers Syndrome can have difficulty with the management and expression of emotions.

Children and adults with Aspergers syndrome may have levels of anxiety, sadness or anger that indicate a secondary mood disorder. There may also be problems expressing the degree of love and affection expected by others. Fortunately, we now have successful psychological treatment programs to help manage and express emotions.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2010, 04:51:49 AM »

I have spent time with Tony Attwood, an expert on asperger syndrome and also Bill Stillman, an expert on Asperger's along with actually having it himself, which would provide you with information from someone who lives with it every day.

Also subscribe to The Autism Perspective magazine at no cost:
http://www.theautismperspective.org/

Bearlyhere--Bill Stillman, in his presentations, not only gives out great and practical information, he actually makes you feel like you have AS and has you perform different activities during this stimulation.  It is very hard to function during these simulations and I cannot imagine the work the person with AS has to go through every day just to function in our society.

Bill Stillman

http://www.williamstillman.com/ 

http://www.williamstillman.com/archive.html  His articles

http://www.williamstillman.com/links.html  Links to information.

Dr. Temple Grandin also has Aspergers:

I have seen her in person and have listened to many hours of lecture from her, she is also frequently on TV and the radio.

http://www.templegrandin.com/

Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2988647.stm

I can provide you with thousands of articles on Asperger's and have known several children with AS and witnessed their behavior and I am here to tell you I do not see anything different in his conversation skills than those with AS, especially speaking about something else when something important is going on.  This is a Hallmark behavior.

I believe in miracles!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2010, 12:30:25 PM »

Bearlyhere ... thank you hon.  I read and comprehended every word of your posts.

There is a 26 year old young man living with Aspergers who has been attending our church for the past ten years with his wonderful family.  Although Jonah is definitely an individual ... he is embraced and accepted by members for who he is.  His amazing parents have shared both the challenges and blessing their son has brought into their lives.  His father has kept a journal over the years of his talks with God regarding the ups and downs with Jonah as well as his concerns.  Currently  ... his two older sisters are in the process of writing a book based on their father's journal as well as their own perspectives of life with their brother whom they love dearly.

Bearlyhere ... Jonah reacts to frustrating situations impulsively and ... at time has become physical.  It is something akin to Kara's words when she posted regarding Josh's reaction to the teasing he experienced by his own peers.

When my youngest son was taking his Bachelor of Education ... one of the courses was a study regarding the autism spectrum.  Considering I have a grandson who lives with ADD ... I took an immediate interest and researched the topic along with my son.   

Bearlyhere ... when I contend that ... in the process of elimination ... Josh Baum should not be disregarded as a person of interest in the happenings encompassing the disappearance of his sister ... it has everything to do with justice for Lindsey.

an angelic monkey

Janet

++++++

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #1809 on: July 09, 2009, 04:33:45 AM »

... Josh had gotten into so many spats that honestly were in a large part things he did not start but because he was the oldest he was the one who got in trouble. I've set down kids I've never met before to have a talk with them because I heard that they were antagonizing him to see if he'd blow up. Really sad that kids do that sort of thing but it happened back when I was little to so I guess its not a new thing but I believe it is far more common now days - still not at all acceptable or called for.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg871164;topicseen#msg871164

The Daily World - July 3, 2009

Kampen said she has replayed that Friday evening in her head over and over. So has her daughter, Michaela, 10, who spent the day swimming with Lindsey. They walked together with Josh Baum, 13, to the Kampen house. But halfway there, Michaela said they teased Josh, getting under his skin ...

http://**/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

Janet, I strongly agree with you on this.  If we cannot consider or discuss Josh, the only one fighting with Lindsey that last day, then we have no reason to be here.  The reasons given for not looking at him are not compelling to me.    A moment of uncontrolled rage and a little help with cleanup is all it would have required for Josh to be involved.   Feeling sorry for Josh is not the point here; finding Lindsey is.   

Chi-M

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2010, 12:52:52 PM »

Janet, please allow me a few minutes of your time.  I am very familiar with children who have Asperger Syndrome.  It on the autistic spectrum.  As we know the statistics tell us that one in every 91 children have a form of autism.

<snipped>

Bearlyhere

In your research ... have you come to any conclusive as to the cause?

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2010, 01:18:50 PM »

<snipped>

Bearlyhere

In your research ... have you come to any conclusions as to the cause?

Janet

Bearlyhere

What is your take in regards to vaccine and autism link?

Thanks

Janet

++++++++

3 Rulings Find No Link to Vaccines and Autism
Published: March 12, 2010

In a further blow to the antivaccine movement, three judges ruled Friday in three separate cases that thimerosal, a preservative containing mercury, does not cause autism.

More:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/13/science/13vaccine.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2010, 03:28:17 PM »

Bearlyhere ... thank you hon.  I read and comprehended every word of your posts.

There is a 26 year old young man living with Aspergers who has been attending our church for the past ten years with his wonderful family.  Although Jonah is definitely an individual ... he is embraced and accepted by members for who he is.  His amazing parents have shared both the challenges and blessing their son has brought into their lives.  His father has kept a journal over the years of his talks with God regarding the ups and downs with Jonah as well as his concerns.  Currently  ... his two older sisters are in the process of writing a book based on their father's journal as well as their own perspectives of life with their brother whom they love dearly.

Bearlyhere ... Jonah often reacts to frustrating situations both impulsively and agressively.  It is something akin to Kara's words when she posted regarding Josh's reaction to the teasing he experienced by his own peers.

When my youngest son was taking his Bachelor of Education ... one of the courses was a study regarding the autism spectrum.  Considering I have a grandson who lives with ADD ... I took an immediate interest and researched the topic along with my son.   

Bearlyhere ... when I contend that ... in the process of elimination ... Josh Baum should not be disregarded as a person of interest in the happenings encompassing the disappearance of his sister ... it has everything to do with a missing little girl named Lindsey.

an angelic monkey

Janet

Bearlyhere

I should mention that Jonah is being encouraged by his sisters to contribute an appendix to the book they are compiling.  Jonah is a gifted writer.  Emotions that he often has difficulty expressing appropriately are beautifully articulated in his writings.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.