April 23, 2024, 04:50:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Price of Freedom  (Read 1555 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« on: July 15, 2009, 02:09:33 PM »

Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men

who signed the Declaration of Independence ?

Five signers were captured by the British as traitors,

and tortured before they died.

Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned.

Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army;

another had two sons captured.

Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or

hardships of the Revolutionary War.

They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes,

and their sacred honor.

What kind of men were they?

Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists.

Eleven were merchants,

nine were farmers and large plantation owners;

men of means, well educated,

but they signed the Declaration of Independence

knowing full well that the penalty would be death if

they were captured.

Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and

trader, saw his ships swept from the seas by the

British Navy. He sold his home and properties to

pay his debts, and died in rags.

Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British

that he was forced to move his family almost constantly.

He served in the Congress without pay, and his family

was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him,

and poverty was his reward.

Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer,

Walton, Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton.

At the battle of Yorktown , Thomas Nelson, Jr., noted that

the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson

home for his headquarters. He quietly urged General

George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed,

and Nelson died bankrupt.

Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed.

The enemy jailed his wife, and she died within a few months.

John Hart was driven from his wife's bedside as she was dying.

Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill

were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests

and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his

children vanished.

Remember: freedom is never free!

I have not verified any of this .
It was sent to me by one of my Eagle scouts at our troop in my little town..

I have always told people that the road to freedom is paved with blood and personal loss.
If this is all true then I suppose that puts an explanation point on that statement.

So have respect and always be prepared to lay your life down to defend Freedom.
IF America stands still as it is doing now in 2009 by not demanding its leaders do there job properly and allows personal Freedom and liberty to be taken away one law at a time which are created by people with an agenda, one day your great grandchildren will have to pay the price to earn it back because it is a human desire to be Free and it is a human desire to control others and it is human to fight to find balance between the 2 desires.. A true balance between freedom and laws that control civilized behavior is called Democracy and our forefathers wrote the book on Democracy when they signed the declaration of independence and its associated bill or rights. They obviously paid the ultimate price for Freedom to exist for US.
This generation of American is like a spoiled child that questions its fathers word, only to find out later that the father was correct after making a mistake in judgment and making a wrong action.
I hope we wake up before we find ourselves at a loss.
 We need to fire all the Career Politicians and Big Money interests and Control Groups before it is to late. They are taking over America from within and have for the most part done so. There ultimate plan is to destroy US and our great heritage that other people who have little or no Freedom admire.. We see it in China and Iran that people try to stand up but the majority live in fear of paying the ultimate price to gain Freedom for there future generations because it may cost themselves there lives.
Lucky for US that our forefathers went beyond that fear even if it cost them everything so that WE might live free today..

jmho

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 06:57:47 PM »

I have not verified any of this.
It was sent to me by one of my Eagle scouts at our troop in my little town..

I have always told people that the road to freedom is paved with blood and personal loss.
If this is all true then I suppose that puts an explanation point on that statement.

Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence ?

Five signers were captured by the British as traitors,and tortured before they died.

Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned. Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army; another had two sons captured.

Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the Revolutionary War.

They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.

What kind of men were they?

Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists. Eleven were merchants, nine were farmers and large plantation owners;

men of means, well educated, but they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty would be death if they were captured.

Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his ships swept from the seas by the British Navy. He sold his home and properties to pay his debts, and died in rags.

Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British for so long that he was forced to move his family almost constantly. He served in the Congress without pay, and his family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty was his reward.

Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer, Walton, Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton.

At the battle of Yorktown , Thomas Nelson, Jr., noted that the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters. He quietly urged General George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt.

Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed. The enemy jailed his wife, and she died within a few months.

John Hart was driven from his wife's bedside as she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished.

Remember: Freedom is Never Free!

end

So have respect and always be prepared to lay your life down to defend Freedom.
IF America stands still as it is doing now in 2009 by not demanding its leaders do there job properly and allows personal Freedom and liberty to be taken away one law at a time which are created by people with an agenda, one day your great grandchildren will have to pay the price to earn it back because it is a human desire to be Free and it is a human desire to control others and it is human to fight to find balance between the 2 desires.. A true balance between freedom and laws that control civilized behavior is called Democracy and our forefathers wrote the book on Democracy when they signed the Declaration of Independence and its associated Bill of Rights. They obviously paid the ultimate price for Freedom to exist for US.
This generation of American is like a spoiled child that questions its fathers word, only to find out later that the father was correct after making a mistake in judgment and making a wrong action.
I hope we wake up before we find ourselves at a loss.
 We need to fire all the Career Politicians and Big Money interests and Control Groups before it is to late. They are taking over America from within and have for the most part done so. There ultimate plan is to destroy US and our great heritage that other people who have little or no Freedom admire.. We see it in China and Iran that people try to stand up but the majority live in fear of paying the ultimate price to gain Freedom for there future generations because it may cost themselves there lives.
Lucky for US that our forefathers went beyond that fear even if it cost them everything so that WE might live free today..

jmho

I had to clean that up and repost it..
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 07:23:12 PM »

and I still screwed it up...lol Monkey Devil!
Anyway..The declaration of independence was the first item..
The bill of rights was not associated to the declaration of independence.
It was associated to the Constitution..

Anyways I will go back to sleep now.. 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 01:12:14 PM »

All I want for christmas is my own Monkey Edit Button.
So I can clean up all my messed up posts..
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 03:40:27 PM »

All I want for christmas is my own Monkey Edit Button.
So I can clean up all my messed up posts..

Just put on your rose colored glasses...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.