March 28, 2024, 10:47:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abandoned Buildings & Other Abandoned Structures, Etc  (Read 3558 times)
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« on: July 15, 2009, 05:35:44 PM »

I ran into this while looking for something else.  Thought we might keep track of abandoned buildings, etc; places where someone might have taken lindsey or could hold someone etc.

Lacey Scout Camp: Actual picture of the site of abandoned Boy Scout Camp in Lacey. Credit to: http://www.autonarcosis.com/party/camp.htm (1997) geoff@bgkdotcom.com. Can anyone help us out with this mystery camp we found on the web in the town of Lacey? It originally was a Boy Scout and resort camp during the 1940's and 1950's. It was abandoned in the 1970's and has never been further developed since then. This prime spot is located in the eastern part of Lacey with about 500 feet of shore on Hicks Lake. It originally was a Boy Scout and resort camp during the 1940's and 50's. It was abandoned in the 1970's and has never been further developed since then. The area is a picturesque place with most of the concrete placements of the resort still intact. It features a concrete bulk head with steps that go down into the water. It still has the old cabins that were once standing, but now have fallen from abuse and abandonment. It is now used as a community park and party spot by the surrounding neighborhoods. This is one of my most favorite spots as I live within walking distance from it and the peacefulness of Hicks Lake. Bulk head area. The property starts at the intersection of Carpenter Road & Shady Lane. Originally there was an opening off of Carpenter Road where you could park several vehicles, however due to garbage dumping and poachers it was blocked off. A good sized 4x4 should be able to make it over the stump and pile of dirt placed in the front entrance, but no car can make it for sure. The second entrance is a trail head located off of Shady Lane. There is a spot opposite the trail head for about two cars maximum, but can fit one car no problem. So, because of this you'll be limited in certain ways. I don't suggest parking on the shoulder of Carpenter Road as there is really no room and can attract a little more attention than wanted. This is a second view from the opposite side of the bulk head area. Update! - I believe this property or a partial part of the property (on the corner of Shady Lane & Carpenter Rd.) is being sold.  At least that's what I figured the for sale signs are for.  The signs state that it is zoned for commercial development.  It's kind of scary.  Hope someone doesn't get the bright idea of building a convenience store there (maybe a donut shop) Looking out into the main body of the lake. This is a good place when you only have a few people out to have fun. The bulk head area which is the prime spot is near a couple residential houses so during the night time hours it is best to keep as quiet as possible. During the day there is not much traffic depending on the weather, but you'll probably be favored of not being bugged by anyone other than people looking to do the same. There are great areas for picnics and camp fires, though I would frown on any overnight stays because of the insects. The fishing from shore is great, I've caught bass, and sunfish, plus Hicks Lake holds the record for the largest trout caught in Thurston County. Looking into the Cove Area. Another shot looking out into the cove area. View of Hicks Lake from the Bulkhead.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.