March 28, 2024, 08:21:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Peterson's family asking public to contribute money for funding appeal  (Read 4152 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 17, 2009, 07:14:17 AM »

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_LACI_PETERSON?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US
Jul 16, 6:15 PM EDT

Scott Peterson's family seeks help funding appeal

MODESTO, Calif. (AP) -- The family of convicted killer Scott Peterson is asking the public to contribute money to his appeal.

In a blog posting, the family says it needs $95,000 to help cover the cost of an investigation needed to overturn his 2003 conviction for murdering his pregnant wife Laci.

The state already funds mandatory appeals for condemned inmates, but the family says more money is needed.

Peterson is now on death row at San Quentin State Prison. He denies killing his wife.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 07:41:19 AM »

I hope that he does not get one penny from anyone!  He can rot in jail as far as I am concerned...at least he is still alive which is more than I can say for Lacy and baby Connor! jmo
probably some of his groupies will send him in some cash....he had probably sent out numerous proposals to some of these women...    one of them will be gullible enough to refinance her house to send him some cash....

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 09:16:15 AM »

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 09:18:53 AM »

Ditto Blonde.   

Scott Peterson can rot in He!! as far as I am concerned.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 10:12:43 AM »

Monkey Devil! Oh I cannot type what I want to say to the Petersons, but unfortunately it would be a fit of expletives and I would have to wash my mouth out with soap.  Monkey Devil!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 10:46:02 AM »

Monkey Devil! Oh I cannot type what I want to say to the Petersons, but unfortunately it would be a fit of expletives and I would have to wash my mouth out with soap.  Monkey Devil!
You and me both, just what I want to say about Jackie Peterson alone would get me banned 
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 11:42:14 AM »

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Let me try really hard to put this nice........................
OH H to the E to the LL  NOOOOOOOOOOO! 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 11:47:28 AM »

After reading For Laci by Sharon Rocha, I can not even begin to tell you how disgusted the Peterson's made me. 

Scott needs to rot in jail until he is finally executed.   

I would highly recommend this book to anyone!  Although it is fairly short book, it was a real gut wrenching book that brought me to tears.

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 01:02:10 PM »

Appeal?!?!?!      Why isn't that SOB already dead?     

As far as his family and collecting donations:     
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

MONAVIE- Drink it. Feel it. Share it.

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 02:48:15 PM »

Appeal?!?!?!      Why isn't that SOB already dead?    

As far as his family and collecting donations:    

X 100,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 04:29:35 PM »

DITTO

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 05:18:17 AM »

His lawyers have already started working on his appeal.  They have found some interesting information which may help with the appeal:

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 04:17:41 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/scavenger/detail?entry_id=43707
Scott Peterson family asking for donations

he Scott Peterson saga continues. The family of the Modesto man who was convicted of murdering his pregnant wife, Laci, and their unborn son, Conner, in 2002, is reaching out via the Internet, asking the public to help fund a pricey appeal, reports CBS5.

In a blog on the Peterson family's web site, they say money from the "state" (a.k.a California taxpayers) won't be enough to cover the thousands they estimate it will cost to retain the services of attorney Cliff Gardner. They're requesting donations between $5 and $50:

Even with the state's help, there is approximately $95,000 more needed to cover the expenses of the investigation. We have been very blessed in that our parents have been able to pay for Scott's defense and appellate attorneys for the past 6 years. But the reality of today is that they have exhausted their resources.

They're not the only ones speaking out. Peterson has been blogging sporadically from Death Row since 2008. Of course, he can't do this directly. Inmates don't have access to computers or the internet, so they turn to snail mail, sending their writings and artwork to family, friends and pen pals. Such is the case with Peterson. His missives, apparently written on a typewriter, are mailed to his family and posted to their "Journey to Justice" site.

And it seems the San Quentin scribe -- who receives letters and money from women -- has plenty to say. He attacks media coverage, the investigation and also addresses the wrongful death suit that was dropped this past April. In his latest entry, he says:

I know that we can show my innocence again. I hope to do it before much time goes by.

More on Peterson: Blog upsets Laci's mom (CNN) | Trial coverage | Women who love criminals | Life on Death Row

Posted By: Aileen Yoo (Email) | July 16 2009 at 09:41 AM

Listed Under: Law & Order, Notorious Figures

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/scavenger/detail?entry_id=43707#ixzz0N3hvUVSM

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.