March 28, 2024, 02:44:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Richards and Mel Gibson  (Read 4204 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: November 21, 2006, 10:29:41 PM »

What is going on with these guys that they so easily lose control and have so much hatred inside? Not to mention they do it in front of the camera.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 10:40:21 PM »

Just goes to show there's a lot of bigotry in the world that is just kept under the surface or in private.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 10:53:34 PM »

Yep, Car, you nailed it.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 11:28:47 PM »

Their careers are dead.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 11:42:13 PM »

I really don't understand prejudice at all.   Shocked
 And I thought people in the performing arts were supposed to be less narrow-minded than most. I guess that isn't always the case, is it?
I'm just very disappointed that it is 2006, and we still have peope who feel this way.
Mel amd Michael need to spend some time visiting Auschweitz. I wonder how they'd feel standing in front of all those shoes?
Then they can go to my hometown and stand in the 16th Street Baptist Church. I wonder how they'd feel standing in a room where 4 innocent children were blown to bits?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 09:48:41 PM »

Hello pdh3,

I am so happy to read your post. I don't understand prejudice either and never have and never will. I just can't see any reason for it.

Honey, did you see visit Auschwitz and see a pile of shoes? I have never been but I hope to see Auschwitz and Dachau sometime in my life. Just to pay respects.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 10:23:35 PM »

Hello Louise!

I have not seen Auschwitz in person, but I have seen some documentaries and pictures, and read many books. It is just so heartbreaking and hard to imagine the scope of evil that exited there. Most people say it is overwhelming, and that the grief just rises up out of the ground and that you can feel it. Tangible sorrow, even today.
One of my very best friends as a child was a Jewish girl whose last name was Goldstein. Her family was very prominent in Birmingham. Her mother was an Auschwitz survivor, and she actually had a tatoo on her arm. She lost almost all of her family, and was searching for survivors for all of the time I was a child. She finally located an Uncle in South America, and she was so happy. I remember how she used to tell me I was too skinny, and she'd make me eat and eat. I would be stuffed, and she'd worry that I was still hungry. Her kitchen was always overstocked with food, because she never got over the starvation she suffered in the camp. I also remember that she cried a lot, and always looked so sad. I believe she was orginally from Poland. I went to my friend's Bat Mitzvah, and it was the first time I had ever been to a synagogue. I had the best time!!!
I loved that family, and I loved my friend so much. She was kind, loyal, giving and sweet.
This is why I feel so bad when people say the things that they do. I now understand why Mrs. Goldstein was so sad, and I cannot stand for people to be so mindless. It sickens me, and I always see her sweet sad face, and hear her saying to me "Eat honey, eat. You are too thin."  I was a naturally thin child, but I must have reminded her of the starving Jewish children like her, because she always seemed so worried about my thiness. I also remember how warm she kept their house in the winter, as if she could not stand the cold at all. She had so many scars, inside and out. God Bless her.
I have been to the 16th Street Baptist Church many, many times, and I lived in B'Ham at the time of the bombing, and a lot of the civil unrest that followed. I don't remember any of it because I was too young, but I do remember desegregation of schools, and how unhappy those poor kids were being bused into my school from 25 miles away. It was not an easy time, but all the children got along in school for the most part, and we learned to make friends. It was an interesting time to grow up in the South, and most people of my generation do not see things in black and white anymore. Times have changed in Alabama for many people.

People like Mel and Michael need our prayers, because they are seriously misguided and misinformed. I think I'll add that to my list tonight.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 10:52:41 PM »

It really saddens me as well.

There was so much rage in Richards tirade, I couldn't believe it was coming from the lovable quirky Kramer , a character he played so well...

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 12:42:53 AM »

Michael Richards has a lawyer now and a well known publicist. Two of the people in the audience have hired Gloria Alred. The "victims" don't accept the apology Richards gave on Letterman in a tape. From the news I've listened to in the background all day ... his career is over and he needs serious help regarding his rage. Someone is talking about a face to face meeting between Richards and the victims of his vitriol. I am happy that the public still has values.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.