April 23, 2024, 04:06:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #48 7/29/09 - 8/11/09  (Read 395472 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1560 on: August 09, 2009, 07:43:11 PM »

Hi to anyone who comes along this evening.....

I have a laptop with a screen that has turned black although the program is still working.  I have, in the past, opened the computer and added memory....but is there
something I can do to replace the light....lol. 

Going back to google and see if I can reword my question...."is there a teeny, tiny lightbulb for computer screens".....lol.....love the idea.... Mere

There's some discussion about that kind of problem here.  It's never happened to me so I don't know from personal experience:

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread41145.html#
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1561 on: August 09, 2009, 07:52:35 PM »

No son!!   

Are you answering your kids on here now?

Wasn't he just here??   

Are you okay?

No, now that I know I can't have my spitting monkey....I think I have gone crazy.   

I guess I am stuck with this one.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   Klaas - give her a spitting monkey anything is better than this pic again!   What if the monkey spits hearts - kinda like those cute hearts magic has!

MyTIME YOU ARE ONE BAD MONKEY~!~  Wait til I get hold of you in Naples!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1562 on: August 09, 2009, 07:53:20 PM »

PT is pressure washing our pool deck right now.  Oh how I wonder what is waiting for me around the corner?? 

Actually, It was me who almost blew off my toes last time I did some.  I was bare foot and not paying attention and can I just say OUCH!!  Blood and flesh mixed with water sure can make a mess.   

OUCH!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1563 on: August 09, 2009, 07:54:30 PM »

PT is pressure washing our pool deck right now.  Oh how I wonder what is waiting for me around the corner?? 

Actually, It was me who almost blew off my toes last time I did some.  I was bare foot and not paying attention and can I just say OUCH!!  Blood and flesh mixed with water sure can make a mess.   

Yeah and if you are ever at the car wash and one of those biting flies bites your leg while wearing shorts and washing the car.................... well, that water sprayer is called a jet for a reason!   Took months to heal.  So much for a higher education, eh?

Sis...are ya nuts!  That HURTS!!! an angelic monkey

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1564 on: August 09, 2009, 07:55:49 PM »

I have a laptop with a screen that has turned black although the program is still working.  I have, in the past, opened the computer and added memory....but is there

Going back to google and see if I can reword my question...."is there a teeny, tiny lightbulb for computer screens".....lol.....love the idea.... Mere

Mere, I haven't a clue ...but will ask my DH if he knows when he wakes from his nap.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1565 on: August 09, 2009, 08:13:46 PM »

Mere, the same thing happened to my LCD flat TV screen.  It just started going black on one side and moved across until the whole screen was black.  Was only two years old.  I haven't taken it to repairman yet but think I will when I have time and see if it can be repaired but am not sure would be worth repair bill as TV's are cheaper than when I bought it even a couple of years ago.

I tried reset and unplugging and all that.  Nothing worked.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1566 on: August 09, 2009, 08:30:36 PM »

There's some discussion about that kind of problem here.  It's never happened to me so I don't know from personal experience:

Hi Klaas....thank you for the site.....it is the same computer brand and I see that there are many folks with the problem and many different solutions.  You know I hate this kind of thing.  It is a 2 year old Vista....so I many just dig a hole and bury it....and wait for the next Microsoft wonder to arrive.   

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1567 on: August 09, 2009, 08:36:26 PM »

Sunny....thanks....been reading for about an hour.....none of it is an easy fix.....sounds like $100 - $500 .....but will check with Office Depot.  This seems to be an issue with some Toshiba laptops.

Anna, I would be so sad if that were happening to a flat screen TV.....is it a Toshiba? 

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1568 on: August 09, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »

Hi Klaas....thank you for the site.....it is the same computer brand and I see that there are many folks with the problem and many different solutions.  You know I hate this kind of thing.  It is a 2 year old Vista....so I many just dig a hole and bury it....and wait for the next Microsoft wonder to arrive.   

Microsoft is suppose to release their new version in early 2010.

http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/4609.aspx

What is Windows 7?
Windows 7 is the working name for the next edition of Microsoft’s operating system, making it the sequel to Vista. (It’s possible that with so much publicity, Microsoft may actually stick with ‘Windows 7’ as the final name.)

It’s scheduled for release at the beginning of 2010. There’s no word yet on how much it will cost.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1569 on: August 09, 2009, 09:00:05 PM »

Sunny....thanks....been reading for about an hour.....none of it is an easy fix.....sounds like $100 - $500 .....but will check with Office Depot.  This seems to be an issue with some Toshiba laptops.

Anna, I would be so sad if that were happening to a flat screen TV.....is it a Toshiba? 

Hi Mere, No matter what is wrong with my computer,  I call Microsoft for help!!  And they always help me or at least they direct me where to find it.   

The last microsoft guy even took control of my daughter's computer and loaded firefox, even though he are not suppose to.  She has vista and IE8 and I hated it.  LOL
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1570 on: August 09, 2009, 09:02:59 PM »

No son!!   

Are you answering your kids on here now?

Wasn't he just here??   

Are you okay?

No, now that I know I can't have my spitting monkey....I think I have gone crazy.   

I guess I am stuck with this one.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   Klaas - give her a spitting monkey anything is better than this pic again!   What if the monkey spits hearts - kinda like those cute hearts magic has!

BAD??  Nah, I am just a monkey with spirit!!  I just can't imagine why Klaas would not make one!   

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1571 on: August 09, 2009, 09:08:42 PM »

Mere....first of all you are so darn cute!  Secondly Hubby says he has never heard of this but will ask the IT guys at work tomorrow,

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1572 on: August 09, 2009, 09:09:41 PM »

Hi Mere, No matter what is wrong with my computer,  I call Microsoft for help!!  And they always help me or at least they direct me where to find it.   

The last microsoft guy even took control of my daughter's computer and loaded firefox, even though he are not suppose to.  She has vista and IE8 and I hated it.  LOL

MT...good idea!!! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1573 on: August 09, 2009, 09:11:29 PM »

BAD??  Nah, I am just a monkey with spirit!!  I just can't imagine why Klaas would not make one!   

Love you and your spirit!     Hate that nasty picture!!   eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1574 on: August 09, 2009, 09:20:31 PM »

Love you and your spirit!     Hate that nasty picture!!   eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

For some reason,  , I love that video.  CBB's boyfriend does too!  She thinks we are  !! 

It makes me 
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1575 on: August 09, 2009, 09:25:01 PM »

What is Windows 7?
Windows 7 is the working name for the next edition of Microsoft’s operating system, making it the sequel to Vista. (It’s possible that with so much publicity, Microsoft may actually stick with ‘Windows 7’ as the final name.)

It’s scheduled for release at the beginning of 2010. There’s no word yet on how much it will cost.

My brother just mentioned this to me last week....he isn't happy with his current Vista, and I have a dinosaur.   

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1576 on: August 09, 2009, 09:31:06 PM »

SShhhhhhh, 2NJ.  Don't let your puter hear you call it names.  You need to keep talking sweetly and tenderly to it.  Keep giving it encouragement at least until you bring it home a friend.  We don't want it becoming discouraged.  It might do something rash, like get mad and crash. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1577 on: August 09, 2009, 09:39:16 PM »

SShhhhhhh, 2NJ.  Don't let your puter hear you call it names.  You need to keep talking sweetly and tenderly to it.  Keep giving it encouragement at least until you bring it home a friend.  We don't want it becoming discouraged.  It might do something rash, like get mad and crash. 

Maybe some famous artists will hold a 2NJ Aid festival/concert for the cause.    Monkey Devil!     

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1578 on: August 09, 2009, 09:42:45 PM »

What is Windows 7?

My brother just mentioned this to me last week....he isn't happy with his current Vista, and I have a dinosaur.   

I got a new laptop a few months ago and it has Vista.  It isn't as bad as I thought.  But my problem now is that I uninstalled my current antivirus software and installed a new one.  Now my wireless connection isn't working 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1579 on: August 09, 2009, 10:00:55 PM »

What is Windows 7?

I got a new laptop a few months ago and it has Vista.  It isn't as bad as I thought.  But my problem now is that I uninstalled my current antivirus software and installed a new one.  Now my wireless connection isn't working 
If you rebooted your router already, may I suggest calling Microsoft!   

Seriously, they are really good now and no long wait!! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.