April 26, 2024, 10:13:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #48 7/29/09 - 8/11/09  (Read 395834 times)
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1660 on: August 10, 2009, 01:20:40 AM »

Well goodnight kids.  Sweet dreams all.

XOXOXO
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1661 on: August 10, 2009, 01:22:54 AM »

Well goodnight kids.  Sweet dreams all.

XOXOXO

Nite, Mary Mary! Nite all! Sleep well and God Bless!   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1662 on: August 10, 2009, 01:24:14 AM »

CBB

You had a momentary lapse in judgment.   We are all guilty of that.   

Uh-huh! I'm completely purged of it now! I'm sure it passed along with everything else!

They tasted stale, but I bit the first one in two and looked........... it wasn't gray inside or anything! 

Can you sue M&M or has the statute of limitations past.   

Oh, yeah, right! I can't wait to tell this story in OPEN COURT!

They've prolly already heard it anyway. God Forbid Mytime should miss anyone! 

Has she created a special thread for it yet??   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Great idea!!  We could call it "Dumb Monkey Acts"   

Or we could call it, "reasons for banning MT"!!!   

That is NOT funny!!   
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1663 on: August 10, 2009, 01:26:19 AM »

Niters, All!  Hope it is cooler tomorrow.

Night Anna,  it's gonna be the hottest day of the year so far in my parts.  So glad my son put my air conditioner in for me.  Stay cool.   

Holy Monkey today was so so awful - was you could SEE the heat within the Air - like it had a color. It poured for hours the day before ( thank you ) and this early morning was a sweat box from early to mid day was so Humid...then the Heat Lightening started and the Storms came ... and ended around 11pm.

I remember when I was a very young girl and it was so Hot one day ..that it was almost un-breathable outside. I was staying with my Grandparents. They owned a Mom & Pop general store. My Granpa took me to his Truck. He cracked an Egg and we watched it Cook on his hood.  And it did do just that ... it fried right before our eyes. 

Today reminded me of that - No air to clearly breath outside.  Was like taking in Cotton.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1664 on: August 10, 2009, 01:28:39 AM »

Me is tired too

Love to All

Good Nightly Night

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1665 on: August 10, 2009, 02:11:31 AM »

CBB -I found a website for YOU!!!

https://secure.realchocolate.com/Countdown.aspx

Lily Valley
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1666 on: August 10, 2009, 03:08:31 AM »

OK, I am off to bed.  I have been so tired lately!!  I hope I am not pregnant!  Monkey Devil!

Sweet Dreams

XOXO

And if you are pregnant, I hope you're not having Twins !! 

Just kidding

"The Devil is Dancing Tonight"   Nancy Grace
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1667 on: August 10, 2009, 07:50:04 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1668 on: August 10, 2009, 09:21:03 AM »

Sunny....thanks....been reading for about an hour.....none of it is an easy fix.....sounds like $100 - $500 .....but will check with Office Depot.  This seems to be an issue with some Toshiba laptops.

Anna, I would be so sad if that were happening to a flat screen TV.....is it a Toshiba? 

Wait is it the Toshiba Satellite P205D-S7438?

Hi...sorry I am late getting back...it is a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4467.....about 2 years old.

Okay - I have the one I asked you about.  Have had similar issues.  First issue was with SP 1 for vista.  There is a fix for that if it is issue I had.  http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=SB&os=&category=&moid=1598559&rpn=PSAD0U&modelFilter=A135-S4467&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663

On this page you will also see a link for errors on the BIOS.  http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=SB&os=&category=&moid=1598559&rpn=PSAD0U&modelFilter=A135-S4467&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663

I had to use my start up disk to even get back into my Toshiba to do the fixes.  The second time I had screen issues - my ds was able to hook laptop up to external monitor to avoid the whole reload to out of box condition fiasco. 

If you put the reboot disk in - does the laptop respond?  If so, all might not be lost!  Also, if you have to reinstall the system - go straight to Toshiba support in your start up menu first thing.  Get all the critical updates before doing anything. 
If you put the boot disk in and get anything at all or possibly even another cd - and you can't or don't feel you have the skill to do it yourself, I have found Best Buy tech support good and less pricey than a new laptop!

Hope some of this helps - ANJM
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1669 on: August 10, 2009, 09:39:53 AM »

Sorry Mere, thought they were asking if my TV was a Toshiba but was about your lappie!

The heat is really bad here this week, humidity is exhausting and I am very slow in it.  Both mentally and physically, lol.

My fault, I called Mere Anna.  BTW - my son said up plug tv for a few days then plug it back in, sometimes that resets it.  FWIW.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1670 on: August 10, 2009, 10:04:47 AM »

I was taking a ride on the internet, and I think I found PartTime and MyTime's missing child..................

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1671 on: August 10, 2009, 10:07:48 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1672 on: August 10, 2009, 10:29:07 AM »

I always hate it when a mod posts a funny pic right after my post..................... It was just a funny pic, right NUT?      
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1673 on: August 10, 2009, 10:39:06 AM »

Good Morning Monks!!  Klaas...the trike monkey is sooooo cute!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1674 on: August 10, 2009, 10:42:38 AM »

Glad you like it Sunny, made it this morning while drinking my coffee     
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1675 on: August 10, 2009, 11:55:53 AM »

Sunny....thanks....been reading for about an hour.....none of it is an easy fix.....sounds like $100 - $500 .....but will check with Office Depot.  This seems to be an issue with some Toshiba laptops.

Anna, I would be so sad if that were happening to a flat screen TV.....is it a Toshiba? 

Wait is it the Toshiba Satellite P205D-S7438?

Hi...sorry I am late getting back...it is a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4467.....about 2 years old.

Okay - I have the one I asked you about.  Have had similar issues.  First issue was with SP 1 for vista.  There is a fix for that if it is issue I had.  http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=SB&os=&category=&moid=1598559&rpn=PSAD0U&modelFilter=A135-S4467&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663

On this page you will also see a link for errors on the BIOS.  http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=SB&os=&category=&moid=1598559&rpn=PSAD0U&modelFilter=A135-S4467&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663

I had to use my start up disk to even get back into my Toshiba to do the fixes.  The second time I had screen issues - my ds was able to hook laptop up to external monitor to avoid the whole reload to out of box condition fiasco. 

If you put the reboot disk in - does the laptop respond?  If so, all might not be lost!  Also, if you have to reinstall the system - go straight to Toshiba support in your start up menu first thing.  Get all the critical updates before doing anything. 
If you put the boot disk in and get anything at all or possibly even another cd - and you can't or don't feel you have the skill to do it yourself, I have found Best Buy tech support good and less pricey than a new laptop!

Hope some of this helps - ANJM

ANJM....this is such great information....

I thank you so much for pulling it....is your computer the same model as this one? and...are we talking about going back to "right out of the box" condition? 

Do you think that this is a software or program issue rather than a need for new backlight? IF I can get as far as getting the system back up with a screen that I can see, can I use my last back up disc to re-install information?   

Are you sorry now that you answered....?   

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1676 on: August 10, 2009, 12:03:55 PM »

Glad you like it Sunny, made it this morning while drinking my coffee     

Can I make a request for a monkey? Awhile ago, I saw the mad monkey, the one with the face all squished, kinda, and there have been times I have wanted to reply to a post with that monkey, but I don't know how to save images 
If it's possible, please please.  an angelic monkey
I don't often post, but would love to be able to use it, especially on the Caylee thread.  Monkey Devil!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1677 on: August 10, 2009, 01:33:07 PM »

Gizzie - I'm not sure which one you are talking about but I'll see what I can come up with. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1678 on: August 10, 2009, 01:34:37 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,538724,00.html?test=latestnews

Lost Dog Saves Man With Down Syndrome From Nearly Fatal Seizure
Monday , August 10, 2009

PORT TAMPA, Fla. —

Yolanda Segovia heard a knock on her door one morning, just before 8 a.m.

Her neighbor was on the porch, with a dog and a story.

Stacey Savige had found the little dog in front of an elementary school. He wasn't very big, looked like some sort of terrier. Burrs clung to his belly. His honey fur was caked in mud.

He didn't have a collar. Stacey had taken him to the vet and he didn't have a chip, either.

Now Stacey had to go to work. Could Yolanda keep him?

Yolanda is 47. She's a divorced mom with two boys. In recent years she has survived breast cancer and cervical cancer, lost her dark hair and eyelashes to chemo. A hairdresser, she hasn't worked since 2006.

"You can leave the dog here," Yolanda told Stacey. "But just for today."

They took photos of the dog and made a FOUND flier. Stacey ran off 4,000 color copies. She and Yolanda stuffed mailboxes, put ads on Craigslist.

Yolanda took her boys to the dollar store and bought a collar, leash, ball and brown bed. Her 10-year-old, Azaiah, decided to call the dog RaeLee, pronounced "Riley." He said he had heard it on TV. All afternoon, he walked the dog, threw the ball, laughed while the dog licked his face.

"Don't fall in love with him," Yolanda kept warning.

Her elder son, Christian, 21, watched through the window. Christian has Down syndrome and an array of other ailments. He has had heart surgery, a kidney transplant. He can't speak or bathe himself.

That night, when the boys climbed into their bunk beds, the dog dragged his new bed from Yolanda's living room, down the long hall, into their room.

——

Four days later, they still had the dog. He was starting to answer to his new name.

He loved roughhousing with Azaiah, knew to be gentle with Christian. He almost never barked.

On Saturday, Azaiah went to his dad's house. Christian retreated to his room to watch a Barney video. The dog dozed beside him.

Yolanda had just stepped onto her porch to water the plants when the dog flung himself into the screen door, barking madly.

As she opened the door, the dog sprinted across the living room, into the boys' room.

Yolanda screamed. Christian was slumped over, his body writhing in a seizure, blood streaming from his nose and mouth.

The dog ran to the boy, still yelping. But as soon as Yolanda bent to cradle her son, the dog went silent.

"If he hadn't come to get me," Yolanda told Stacey later, "the neurologist said Christian would have choked on his own blood and died."

Since no one had claimed the dog, Yolanda decided to keep him.

——

Stacey got a call the next morning. A man named Randy had recognized his lost dog and called the number on the flier.

Stacey sobbed. She had been working so hard to find the dog's owner. Now that he had found her, everything seemed wrong.

She quizzed the man to make sure the dog was really his: Is the dog fixed? What tricks does he do? The man answered things only an owner could. His name is Odie, the man said.

Randy Cliff, 34, is an unemployed plumber who lives six blocks from Yolanda with his wife, their four children and infant granddaughter. He said he had been searching for Odie for more than a week.

Stacey told him, "That dog saved my friend's son."

———

When the van pulled up outside Yolanda's house, the dog raced out and jumped into Randy's arms. Randy buried his face in his dog's soft fur.

Azaiah stood on the porch, crying. "We're going to miss you," he called.

As Randy remembers it, he looked at the boy. He saw Christian's frightened face in the window. "Is that your brother?" he asked. Azaiah nodded.

Randy set the dog by Azaiah's feet.

"Maybe Odie was supposed to find you," Randy said. "Maybe you should keep him."

an angelic monkey
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1679 on: August 10, 2009, 02:01:15 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,538724,00.html?test=latestnews

Lost Dog Saves Man With Down Syndrome From Nearly Fatal Seizure
Monday , August 10, 2009

PORT TAMPA, Fla. —

Yolanda Segovia heard a knock on her door one morning, just before 8 a.m.

Her neighbor was on the porch, with a dog and a story.

Stacey Savige had found the little dog in front of an elementary school. He wasn't very big, looked like some sort of terrier. Burrs clung to his belly. His honey fur was caked in mud.

He didn't have a collar. Stacey had taken him to the vet and he didn't have a chip, either.

Now Stacey had to go to work. Could Yolanda keep him?

Yolanda is 47. She's a divorced mom with two boys. In recent years she has survived breast cancer and cervical cancer, lost her dark hair and eyelashes to chemo. A hairdresser, she hasn't worked since 2006.

"You can leave the dog here," Yolanda told Stacey. "But just for today."

They took photos of the dog and made a FOUND flier. Stacey ran off 4,000 color copies. She and Yolanda stuffed mailboxes, put ads on Craigslist.

Yolanda took her boys to the dollar store and bought a collar, leash, ball and brown bed. Her 10-year-old, Azaiah, decided to call the dog RaeLee, pronounced "Riley." He said he had heard it on TV. All afternoon, he walked the dog, threw the ball, laughed while the dog licked his face.

"Don't fall in love with him," Yolanda kept warning.

Her elder son, Christian, 21, watched through the window. Christian has Down syndrome and an array of other ailments. He has had heart surgery, a kidney transplant. He can't speak or bathe himself.

That night, when the boys climbed into their bunk beds, the dog dragged his new bed from Yolanda's living room, down the long hall, into their room.

——

Four days later, they still had the dog. He was starting to answer to his new name.

He loved roughhousing with Azaiah, knew to be gentle with Christian. He almost never barked.

On Saturday, Azaiah went to his dad's house. Christian retreated to his room to watch a Barney video. The dog dozed beside him.

Yolanda had just stepped onto her porch to water the plants when the dog flung himself into the screen door, barking madly.

As she opened the door, the dog sprinted across the living room, into the boys' room.

Yolanda screamed. Christian was slumped over, his body writhing in a seizure, blood streaming from his nose and mouth.

The dog ran to the boy, still yelping. But as soon as Yolanda bent to cradle her son, the dog went silent.

"If he hadn't come to get me," Yolanda told Stacey later, "the neurologist said Christian would have choked on his own blood and died."

Since no one had claimed the dog, Yolanda decided to keep him.

——

Stacey got a call the next morning. A man named Randy had recognized his lost dog and called the number on the flier.

Stacey sobbed. She had been working so hard to find the dog's owner. Now that he had found her, everything seemed wrong.

She quizzed the man to make sure the dog was really his: Is the dog fixed? What tricks does he do? The man answered things only an owner could. His name is Odie, the man said.

Randy Cliff, 34, is an unemployed plumber who lives six blocks from Yolanda with his wife, their four children and infant granddaughter. He said he had been searching for Odie for more than a week.

Stacey told him, "That dog saved my friend's son."

———

When the van pulled up outside Yolanda's house, the dog raced out and jumped into Randy's arms. Randy buried his face in his dog's soft fur.

Azaiah stood on the porch, crying. "We're going to miss you," he called.

As Randy remembers it, he looked at the boy. He saw Christian's frightened face in the window. "Is that your brother?" he asked. Azaiah nodded.

Randy set the dog by Azaiah's feet.

"Maybe Odie was supposed to find you," Randy said. "Maybe you should keep him."

an angelic monkey

What a wonderful LOVE story!!  Thanks Klaas.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.