March 28, 2024, 05:29:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #48 7/29/09 - 8/11/09  (Read 394166 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1680 on: August 10, 2009, 02:03:13 PM »

We are having a new a/c and furnace installed today...it's only 81 now and it is supposed to get to 88... have fans up all over the place......UGH!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1681 on: August 10, 2009, 02:25:01 PM »

Gizzie - I'm not sure which one you are talking about but I'll see what I can come up with. 

Oh goody, lol! The one I saw, I think was posted in the NH  thread a few times, but I forget who used it. And I think I saw it being used recently, again, in the NH thread. Don't know if that helps. But thank you!

Maybe the poster who used it, will see this. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1682 on: August 10, 2009, 02:44:35 PM »

This one looks like it's gonna blow a gasket!!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1683 on: August 10, 2009, 02:51:50 PM »

Yeah, that's it...blowing a gasket, lol  Monkey Devil!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1684 on: August 10, 2009, 03:20:10 PM »

You guys are having TOO much fun!!    I love the emoticons!!!!   

That one looks constipated to me!   
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1685 on: August 10, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »

We are having a new a/c and furnace installed today...it's only 81 now and it is supposed to get to 88... have fans up all over the place......UGH!!

I feel sorry for you.     

It will be nice when its working again though!   
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1686 on: August 10, 2009, 03:24:26 PM »

I like all the new ones, too.   Too cool.   
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1687 on: August 10, 2009, 03:30:37 PM »

HA! The gasket one is even better! Oh please, add the constipated duo as well, lol!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1688 on: August 10, 2009, 03:39:41 PM »

LOL...CCB that was my first thought too!   

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1689 on: August 10, 2009, 03:40:19 PM »

Sunny....thanks....been reading for about an hour.....none of it is an easy fix.....sounds like $100 - $500 .....but will check with Office Depot.  This seems to be an issue with some Toshiba laptops.

Anna, I would be so sad if that were happening to a flat screen TV.....is it a Toshiba? 

Wait is it the Toshiba Satellite P205D-S7438?

Hi...sorry I am late getting back...it is a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4467.....about 2 years old.

Okay - I have the one I asked you about.  Have had similar issues.  First issue was with SP 1 for vista.  There is a fix for that if it is issue I had.  http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=SB&os=&category=&moid=1598559&rpn=PSAD0U&modelFilter=A135-S4467&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663

On this page you will also see a link for errors on the BIOS.  http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=SB&os=&category=&moid=1598559&rpn=PSAD0U&modelFilter=A135-S4467&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663

I had to use my start up disk to even get back into my Toshiba to do the fixes.  The second time I had screen issues - my ds was able to hook laptop up to external monitor to avoid the whole reload to out of box condition fiasco. 

If you put the reboot disk in - does the laptop respond?  If so, all might not be lost!  Also, if you have to reinstall the system - go straight to Toshiba support in your start up menu first thing.  Get all the critical updates before doing anything. 
If you put the boot disk in and get anything at all or possibly even another cd - and you can't or don't feel you have the skill to do it yourself, I have found Best Buy tech support good and less pricey than a new laptop!

Hope some of this helps - ANJM

ANJM....this is such great information....

I thank you so much for pulling it....is your computer the same model as this one? and...are we talking about going back to "right out of the box" condition? 

Do you think that this is a software or program issue rather than a need for new backlight? IF I can get as far as getting the system back up with a screen that I can see, can I use my last back up disc to re-install information?   

Are you sorry now that you answered....?   

Mere - We have different model of the satellite, so I can't say for sure your problem will be like my and able to be fixed, but the bugs for these toshiba's seem to have a pattern; so I am optimistic.  (Another run-on brought to you by ANJM)
Yes, we are talking about going to "out of box" condition.  You should have a disk for that.  So, try the disk if you already have a back up of your data.  My son and I called Toshiba - they gave us just enough information that we were able to research a fix without paying them to tell us how!  My ds is computer wizard! 
My gut tells me this is not the back light.  If you can get the screen to show with the start up disk, it is for sure not the back light. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1690 on: August 10, 2009, 03:40:42 PM »

I feel sorry for you.     

LOL...thanks for the additional fan!  IT sure will be nice and no way are they leaving before it's working!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1691 on: August 10, 2009, 03:42:31 PM »

I feel sorry for you.     

ooppsss forgot to mention that my cockers are laying in front of a fan and their ears are blowing like this guys hair! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1692 on: August 10, 2009, 03:46:36 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,538724,00.html?test=latestnews

Lost Dog Saves Man With Down Syndrome From Nearly Fatal Seizure
Monday , August 10, 2009

PORT TAMPA, Fla. —

Yolanda Segovia heard a knock on her door one morning, just before 8 a.m.

Her neighbor was on the porch, with a dog and a story.

Stacey Savige had found the little dog in front of an elementary school. He wasn't very big, looked like some sort of terrier. Burrs clung to his belly. His honey fur was caked in mud.

He didn't have a collar. Stacey had taken him to the vet and he didn't have a chip, either.

Now Stacey had to go to work. Could Yolanda keep him?

Yolanda is 47. She's a divorced mom with two boys. In recent years she has survived breast cancer and cervical cancer, lost her dark hair and eyelashes to chemo. A hairdresser, she hasn't worked since 2006.

"You can leave the dog here," Yolanda told Stacey. "But just for today."

They took photos of the dog and made a FOUND flier. Stacey ran off 4,000 color copies. She and Yolanda stuffed mailboxes, put ads on Craigslist.

Yolanda took her boys to the dollar store and bought a collar, leash, ball and brown bed. Her 10-year-old, Azaiah, decided to call the dog RaeLee, pronounced "Riley." He said he had heard it on TV. All afternoon, he walked the dog, threw the ball, laughed while the dog licked his face.

"Don't fall in love with him," Yolanda kept warning.

Her elder son, Christian, 21, watched through the window. Christian has Down syndrome and an array of other ailments. He has had heart surgery, a kidney transplant. He can't speak or bathe himself.

That night, when the boys climbed into their bunk beds, the dog dragged his new bed from Yolanda's living room, down the long hall, into their room.

——

Four days later, they still had the dog. He was starting to answer to his new name.

He loved roughhousing with Azaiah, knew to be gentle with Christian. He almost never barked.

On Saturday, Azaiah went to his dad's house. Christian retreated to his room to watch a Barney video. The dog dozed beside him.

Yolanda had just stepped onto her porch to water the plants when the dog flung himself into the screen door, barking madly.

As she opened the door, the dog sprinted across the living room, into the boys' room.

Yolanda screamed. Christian was slumped over, his body writhing in a seizure, blood streaming from his nose and mouth.

The dog ran to the boy, still yelping. But as soon as Yolanda bent to cradle her son, the dog went silent.

"If he hadn't come to get me," Yolanda told Stacey later, "the neurologist said Christian would have choked on his own blood and died."

Since no one had claimed the dog, Yolanda decided to keep him.

——

Stacey got a call the next morning. A man named Randy had recognized his lost dog and called the number on the flier.

Stacey sobbed. She had been working so hard to find the dog's owner. Now that he had found her, everything seemed wrong.

She quizzed the man to make sure the dog was really his: Is the dog fixed? What tricks does he do? The man answered things only an owner could. His name is Odie, the man said.

Randy Cliff, 34, is an unemployed plumber who lives six blocks from Yolanda with his wife, their four children and infant granddaughter. He said he had been searching for Odie for more than a week.

Stacey told him, "That dog saved my friend's son."

———

When the van pulled up outside Yolanda's house, the dog raced out and jumped into Randy's arms. Randy buried his face in his dog's soft fur.

Azaiah stood on the porch, crying. "We're going to miss you," he called.

As Randy remembers it, he looked at the boy. He saw Christian's frightened face in the window. "Is that your brother?" he asked. Azaiah nodded.

Randy set the dog by Azaiah's feet.

"Maybe Odie was supposed to find you," Randy said. "Maybe you should keep him."

an angelic monkey

Klaas made ANMJ CRY!!!!!!!!!!   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1693 on: August 10, 2009, 03:49:40 PM »

OK , now we have cheerleadering monkeys, a football monkey, a monkey in the box, devil monkeys, an angel monkey, kissing monkey, justice monkey, bike riding monkey,  teasing monkeys and even a constipated monkey.............hmmm....I think we are still missing one.......Oh wait, I know - how about a spitting monkey??   

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1694 on: August 10, 2009, 03:50:24 PM »

If your taking requests................. a crying monkey till the day we NEVER have another missing person to cry over.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1695 on: August 10, 2009, 03:51:14 PM »

That dog story reminded me of something that happened with one of my Westie pups.  A couple got one of the pups and named her Miss Ellie.  Being a Westie, she managed to get to sleep on the foot of the bed where she was usually motionless until morning.  She would even bark and run to the bedroom when they had company if the company didn't leave by the time Miss Ellie thought they should and she was ready for bed.

One night Miss Ellie awakened the wife by pawing on her and barking.  She refused to go outside and ran back to the bed and was acting totally upset.  The wife wondered why the husband didn't seem to hear her as he usually took her outside.  She touched him as Ellie was totally indicating something was wrong.  He was unconscious and clammy to the touch from being in a diabetic state which happened after he went to sleep.

Don't know if he would have been alive in the morning or not but they credit Miss Ellie for having saved him as he was severely diabetic and was into unconscious state already when Ellie sent out the alarm.

Needless to say, they adore that dog!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1696 on: August 10, 2009, 03:53:40 PM »

I was taking a ride on the internet, and I think I found PartTime and MyTime's missing child..................

Bump for MYTIME if you are really up there!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1697 on: August 10, 2009, 03:56:13 PM »

OK , now we have cheerleadering monkeys, a football monkey, a monkey in the box, devil monkeys, an angel monkey, kissing monkey, justice monkey, bike riding monkey,  teasing monkeys and even a constipated monkey.............hmmm....I think we are still missing one.......Oh wait, I know - how about a spitting monkey??  

MyTime,

Don't you remember when the only two rules were "No SPITTING and No Cussing"?

You are probably not going to get that spitting monkey, lol.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1698 on: August 10, 2009, 03:57:13 PM »

That dog story reminded me of something that happened with one of my Westie pups.  A couple got one of the pups and named her Miss Ellie.  Being a Westie, she managed to get to sleep on the foot of the bed where she was usually motionless until morning.  She would even bark and run to the bedroom when they had company if the company didn't leave by the time Miss Ellie thought they should and she was ready for bed.

One night Miss Ellie awakened the wife by pawing on her and barking.  She refused to go outside and ran back to the bed and was acting totally upset.  The wife wondered why the husband didn't seem to hear her as he usually took her outside.  She touched him as Ellie was totally indicating something was wrong.  He was unconscious and clammy to the touch from being in a diabetic state which happened after he went to sleep.

Don't know if he would have been alive in the morning or not but they credit Miss Ellie for having saved him as he was severely diabetic and was into unconscious state already when Ellie sent out the alarm.

Needless to say, they adore that dog!

WOW, another great story!!   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1699 on: August 10, 2009, 03:58:06 PM »

I was taking a ride on the internet, and I think I found PartTime and MyTime's missing child..................

Bump for MYTIME if you are really up there!

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.