March 28, 2024, 02:37:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #48 7/29/09 - 8/11/09  (Read 394143 times)
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #320 on: July 30, 2009, 09:06:44 AM »

I've heard from several people today, telling me that a lot of raccoons take up to 2 or 3 bullets before they give.

Headshot?

Last night a friend that works for us, shot 7 of them in his yard.  They were chasing him - he went and got his shotgun and 3 of the 7 took more than 2 bullets.  They each had at least one head shot!  

If I was the one that had to hit it in the head, I'd have to get a grenade or something. Maybe a bomb. I'd never hit it otherwise.

I love animals - even wild ones. 
But, I lose all composure when they cross my fence.

Weren't you and I the ones that tried to get MT to help a baby squirrel?   

Yes, squirrels don't attack, lol.

My hubby was not surprised at this - I remember when some were living under the porch - they started chasing him and he emptied the gun and had to start clubbing them!     The next morning they were all over the yard dead!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: July 30, 2009, 12:03:05 PM »

Good Morning, Monkeys.

I once had two pet raccoons--Davy and Daniel.  Someone who knew I love animals had given them to my husband to bring home to me.  They had been orphaned by a car hitting their mother but were old enough to eat solid food. I was still asleep when he brought them home, so he just put them down in their box in the den.  When I woke up and he called to tell me about them, I couldn't find them in the box.  I found little black footprints in the bathtubs where they had been trying to find water, I guess.  I found them curled up in the fireplace grate with a lot of soot on them.  Yes, I gave them a bath.  We had a garden house so my husband cut a door in it and partitioned off a section and built a fence for them.  They were very interesting.  They would steal shiny objects and put them in their "Secret" cache.  They would wash their food, just because they have little saliva and needed the water on it.  They loved Oreos, but when they washed them, they would desintegrate.  If they didn't wash them, they would open them up to eat the icing.  They also loved Life Savers, but would pick out the red ones first.  They have opposing thumbs, (I think) but anyway  could pick up a lot of things.  They had soft little hands and would feel my face. They would climb up me and sit on my shoulders.  All of the birds left the yard, because they are escape artists and would go up in the trees when they got the door of their house open.  They once went to my neighbors barbeque pit and I went to get them with a box of Chipos.  When I would shake it, they would come from anywhere.  I fed them dog food, got them rabies shots and took good care of them.  They were beautiful. When Spring came after a year or two, we took them to the woods and released them so they could live with their own kind. 

I wouldn't recommend them as pets because they are wild animals and have long claws and big teeth.  I was probably lucky they never got mad at me as they could have hurt me if they wanted to.  But, it was an interesting experience and I learned that raccoons are very intelligent and have charming habits.  They were actually naturally housebroken and would use one corner of their pen as a latrine.  I hope they lived long lives in the woods with their raccoon friends.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: July 30, 2009, 12:43:21 PM »

Good Morning, Monkeys.

I once had two pet raccoons--Davy and Daniel.  Someone who knew I love animals had given them to my husband to bring home to me.  They had been orphaned by a car hitting their mother but were old enough to eat solid food. I was still asleep when he brought them home, so he just put them down in their box in the den.  When I woke up and he called to tell me about them, I couldn't find them in the box.  I found little black footprints in the bathtubs where they had been trying to find water, I guess.  I found them curled up in the fireplace grate with a lot of soot on them.  Yes, I gave them a bath.  We had a garden house so my husband cut a door in it and partitioned off a section and built a fence for them.  They were very interesting.  They would steal shiny objects and put them in their "Secret" cache.  They would wash their food, just because they have little saliva and needed the water on it.  They loved Oreos, but when they washed them, they would desintegrate.  If they didn't wash them, they would open them up to eat the icing.  They also loved Life Savers, but would pick out the red ones first.  They have opposing thumbs, (I think) but anyway  could pick up a lot of things.  They had soft little hands and would feel my face. They would climb up me and sit on my shoulders.  All of the birds left the yard, because they are escape artists and would go up in the trees when they got the door of their house open.  They once went to my neighbors barbeque pit and I went to get them with a box of Chipos.  When I would shake it, they would come from anywhere.  I fed them dog food, got them rabies shots and took good care of them.  They were beautiful. When Spring came after a year or two, we took them to the woods and released them so they could live with their own kind. 

I wouldn't recommend them as pets because they are wild animals and have long claws and big teeth.  I was probably lucky they never got mad at me as they could have hurt me if they wanted to.  But, it was an interesting experience and I learned that raccoons are very intelligent and have charming habits.  They were actually naturally housebroken and would use one corner of their pen as a latrine.  I hope they lived long lives in the woods with their raccoon friends.

Years ago I had a client that had a raccoon as a pet.  He would walk around town with this raccoon on his shoulder.  One day a car honked it's horn real loud and close to them them and the raccoon got scared and bit off it's owners nose.  OMG, they re-attached it but what an ugly scar.  He got rid of his raccoon after that, don't know what he did with it.

Yes, they are wild animals 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #323 on: July 30, 2009, 12:56:35 PM »

Good Morning, Monkeys.

Years ago I had a client that had a raccoon as a pet.  He would walk around town with this raccoon on his shoulder.  One day a car honked it's horn real loud and close to them them and the raccoon got scared and bit off it's owners nose.  OMG, they re-attached it but what an ugly scar.  He got rid of his raccoon after that, don't know what he did with it.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: July 30, 2009, 12:57:48 PM »

Good Morning, Monkeys.

LOL  I do still have my nose, but I can see that they could do that if they wanted to.  I wonder if that's what happened to Michael Jackson's nose.  Nah, probably it was bubbles the chimp.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: July 30, 2009, 02:03:32 PM »

Good Morning, Monkeys.

Ouch.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #326 on: July 30, 2009, 02:21:03 PM »

OMG!!  If PT came home with two baby anything and left them in a box for me to find in the morning, I seriously would need a lawyer because I would KILL him!   

You are a good sport and obviously a nicer wife!!   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: July 30, 2009, 02:43:49 PM »

OMG!!  If PT came home with two baby anything and left them in a box for me to find in the morning, I seriously would need a lawyer because I would KILL him!   

I'll tell PT to take these back where he got them:  Monkey Devil!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #328 on: July 30, 2009, 02:47:40 PM »

Awwwwww, they're soooooo cute! 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: July 30, 2009, 02:56:22 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bI2vL1cJHtA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/bI2vL1cJHtA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1</a>
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #330 on: July 30, 2009, 03:07:15 PM »

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Oh now that is a cheap shot!!   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #331 on: July 30, 2009, 03:08:41 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bI2vL1cJHtA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/bI2vL1cJHtA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1</a>

They are soooo cute!!   
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #332 on: July 30, 2009, 03:38:13 PM »

Oh no, I just loved Davy and Daniel.  I'd take in a baby anything, except maybe a snake.  But I'd prefer those three Yorkies.

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #333 on: July 30, 2009, 03:42:19 PM »

They are soooo cute!!   

So cute!!!! When I had a Yorkie I sent her to obedience school to teach her how to sit, etc.  She came home knowing how to control me, make me sit, stay, take her out, whatever. She developed diabetes and became blind, but such a sweet baby.  Before I lost her, I got a dog from a shelter thinking that he wouldn't have health problems.  Now he has diabetes and this week the vet told me he has a heart murmur.  Guess shelter dogs have health problems too, but I love him anyway.

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #334 on: July 30, 2009, 03:42:54 PM »

Oh no, I just loved Davy and Daniel.  I'd take in a baby anything, except maybe a snake.  But I'd prefer those three Yorkies.

I still would want a phone call!   

What if you woke up and a baby raccoon was in your bed..just looking at you?   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #335 on: July 30, 2009, 03:44:47 PM »

They are soooo cute!!   

So cute!!!! When I had a Yorkie I sent her to obedience school to teach her how to sit, etc.  She came home knowing how to control me, make me sit, stay, take her out, whatever. She developed diabetes and became blind, but such a sweet baby.  Before I lost her, I got a dog from a shelter thinking that he wouldn't have health problems.  Now he has diabetes and this week the vet told me he has a heart murmur.  Guess shelter dogs have health problems too, but I love him anyway.

Awe!!  You are kind hearted!

So true too, Yorkies have a real talent for training their owners!!   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #336 on: July 30, 2009, 03:56:42 PM »

I guess my dogs are all rested now from going to camp!  They sure are awake and full of themselves!   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: July 30, 2009, 06:31:27 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PWfB4lurT4

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: July 30, 2009, 06:32:48 PM »

I guess my dogs are all rested now from going to camp!  They sure are awake and full of themselves!   

I think you mean they are overflowing.  Those little guys on full is only about 8 ounces, right?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: July 30, 2009, 06:38:17 PM »

Good Morning, Monkeys.

My Uncle (my Mom's friend from grade school's husband) had one from cradle to grave.  He loved that guy.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.