March 28, 2024, 04:16:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #48 7/29/09 - 8/11/09  (Read 394158 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1000 on: August 04, 2009, 02:18:17 AM »

Pardon me........Hello Monkey!!!   

Hello Mytime........ 

Me trying to get MaryMary in the Mood to SING .........

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/s3bksUSPB4c&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/s3bksUSPB4c&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1</a>

but but...it's all over when the fat lady sings.   

Her teacher allowed her to have a cookie...............    Rolling Eyes

My favoite lunch in the whole world was when my mom packed Baloney sandwich, Orange Juice and Snowball cupcakes.  It was very rare, I usually ate school lunch, yuk.   

I had a Peanut butter or baloney sandwich with a hostess cup cake. Got 10 cents to buy  milk from school.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1001 on: August 04, 2009, 02:25:02 AM »

I had a Peanut butter or baloney sandwich with a hostess cup cake. Got 10 cents to buy  milk from school.

The only school lunch I remember liking was tomatoe soup and peanut butter sandwich.  Uh oh, I'm getting hungry again. 
Night GE.  XOXOX
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1002 on: August 04, 2009, 02:29:10 AM »

Good Night Mary Mary
Sweet Dreams & God Bless
XOXOXO

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1003 on: August 04, 2009, 02:31:19 AM »

Good Night Deenie amd Blumonkey

Sweet Dreams and God Bless
Have a wonderful Tuesday.
xoxoxo

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1004 on: August 04, 2009, 02:32:57 AM »

I remember in grade school when milk was nickle. I am lactose intolerant so I never had to carry nickles... lol.  My Mom always packed our lunches. I too remember lots of bologna and Pb&J. And Dolly Madison's ... do you all remember those?
Then my Mom started working and I had to have the Hot lunch - PUKE. Was so gross. All my life I was little and a tomboy and " our family had huge issues" and we Kids turned to food and we my brother and I gained a too much weight. Stress Eating. And I recall no matter if I had a glass of water I was made fun of at lunch time ..for being a Fat kid. It was Hell. I hated lunch time. It was so awful the teasing and taunting. So One day I thought to myself - Screw All of you. And I started paying attention to what was going into my mouth and started exercising. I was short so everything showed.  I lost all my extra weight ..all of it within a year. All the kids who teased the living hell out of me ..came around and wanted to be my friend.  I simply ignored them.  I never ever became friends with any of them. I had my own friends through my Normal weight/Pudge zone/and normal again.  I was never lonely that is for sure. But the fact that kids are so damn rotten to kids that are bigger than ave is heartbreaking.

I hope that someone steps in and really takes a look at our Schools and their Lunch programs. Even today,  most of what they serve is slop and filled with starch/calories and is not healthy.
Many of the state prisons and public schools use the same food ... its all bout contracts.

Bec many parents use the reduced lunch program and their kids eat what is provided for them in public school as their Main meal for the day ..and that is SAD.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1005 on: August 04, 2009, 02:33:28 AM »

xoxoxo
Good Night Mama GE

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1006 on: August 04, 2009, 02:37:39 AM »

xoxoxo

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QbAZiVRG6h0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/QbAZiVRG6h0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1</a>

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1007 on: August 04, 2009, 04:59:44 AM »

On the August 3, 2009, Fox News Special Report with Bret Baer, a Scared Monkeys post was quoted in the Grapevine Section:

“The left just can’t seem to get over Sarah Palin Derangement Syndrome… They can’t even seem to leave her family alone now that she is a private citizen.”

Scared Monkeys Blog
August 1, 2009

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1008 on: August 04, 2009, 07:49:33 AM »

On the August 3, 2009, Fox News Special Report with Bret Baer, a Scared Monkeys post was quoted in the Grapevine Section:

“The left just can’t seem to get over Sarah Palin Derangement Syndrome… They can’t even seem to leave her family alone now that she is a private citizen.”

Scared Monkeys Blog
August 1, 2009

Thanks Puzzler. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1009 on: August 04, 2009, 07:50:45 AM »

Scared Monkeys Blog
August 1, 2009

Thanks Puzzler!  

Here's the link:  http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,536481,00.html

Have a great day Monkeys!  

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1010 on: August 04, 2009, 09:45:53 AM »

Congratulations Nut on 10,000 posts  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1011 on: August 04, 2009, 09:58:30 AM »

Woohoo Nut!!!!!!!!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1012 on: August 04, 2009, 12:00:09 PM »

I remember in grade school when milk was nickle. I am lactose intolerant so I never had to carry nickles... lol.  My Mom always packed our lunches. I too remember lots of bologna and Pb&J. And Dolly Madison's ... do you all remember those?
Then my Mom started working and I had to have the Hot lunch - PUKE. Was so gross. All my life I was little and a tomboy and " our family had huge issues" and we Kids turned to food and we my brother and I gained a too much weight. Stress Eating. And I recall no matter if I had a glass of water I was made fun of at lunch time ..for being a Fat kid. It was Hell. I hated lunch time. It was so awful the teasing and taunting. So One day I thought to myself - Screw All of you. And I started paying attention to what was going into my mouth and started exercising. I was short so everything showed.  I lost all my extra weight ..all of it within a year. All the kids who teased the living hell out of me ..came around and wanted to be my friend.  I simply ignored them.  I never ever became friends with any of them. I had my own friends through my Normal weight/Pudge zone/and normal again.  I was never lonely that is for sure. But the fact that kids are so damn rotten to kids that are bigger than ave is heartbreaking.

I hope that someone steps in and really takes a look at our Schools and their Lunch programs. Even today,  most of what they serve is slop and filled with starch/calories and is not healthy.
Many of the state prisons and public schools use the same food ... its all bout contracts.

Bec many parents use the reduced lunch program and their kids eat what is provided for them in public school as their Main meal for the day ..and that is SAD.

Deenie -- I thought of you when I saw this in our local paper today......I wish there were more stories like this.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/southflorida/story/1170093.html

HEALTH AND NUTRITION
Miami girl a poster child for healthier lunches
An advocacy group hoping to boost consumption of fruits and veggies found a Miami girl to push its cause.

Photo By LESLEY CLARK
lclark@MiamiHerald.com

At age 8, Jasmine Messiah is an enthusiastic vegetarian, toting salads and fruit to school every day because she finds the alternative in the school cafeteria ``not healthy.''

The Miami girl has tried to introduce her friends to the benefits of eating a healthful diet -- and now she's the real-life poster child of a campaign aimed at persuading Congress to require schools across the country to offer students more fruits and vegetables.

Posters bearing the girl's beaming face go up this week at the Union Station Amtrak and commuter rail station near the Capitol in Washington, D.C., as part of the campaign by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.

The group spent $20,000 on the 15 posters. They'll stay up for a month as part of an effort to influence Congress as it reauthorizes the Child Nutrition Act.

``President Obama's daughters get healthy school lunches,'' the poster states, referring to Sasha and Malia, who attend the Washington-area, private Sidwell Friends School, which offers vegetarian alternatives. ``Why don't I?''

Jasmine also has written letters to the first daughters, Florida's two senators and Rep. Kendrick Meek, a Miami Democrat.

``A lot of schools, including mine, don't offer enough healthy fruits, vegetables and vegetarian meals,'' she wrote to the Obama girls.

Penny Parham, administrative director of food and nutrition for Miami-Dade schools, said the school system has sought to boost nutrition and offers fruits and vegetables -- including green beans and corn from a nearby farm. But she acknowledged that federal guidelines can make it tough to provide nondairy, vegan meals like those promoted by the committee.

``We know we can't be all things to all people but we certainly do try,'' Parham said. ``We try to present the best choices for kids, but there's always room for improvement.''

The pro-vegan, anti-animal testing group is hoping lawmakers will put more emphasis on fruits and vegetables when it begins re-authorizing the nutrition act and the National School Lunch Program.

The group argues that school lunches are weighted too heavily toward beef and cheese, resulting in record childhood obesity rates.

The $8 billion school lunch program is likely to be heavily lobbied by the food industry, including the dairy and meat industry, which has accused the physicians' group of looking to ``create a vegan society.''

Fruits and vegetables, though, have a friend in first lady Michelle Obama, who, when harvesting the White House garden, noted the reauthorization of the act presents an opportunity to ``improve the quality and nutrition of the food served in schools.''

Jasmine, who will start third grade later this month at Ada Merritt K-8 Center, 660 SW Third St. in Miami, came to the attention of the group when she accompanied her mother, Sarah Messiah, to Washington earlier this year. Sarah Messiah, a perinatal and pediatric epidemiologist at the University of Miami, had been asked to shareher research on the healthconsequences of childhood obesity.

She brought Jasmine, an aspiring marine biologist, who at one point during the briefing was asked if she had anything to add.

``She took the mike and just went with it,'' said her mom, who has raised her three children as vegetarians. ``They wanted a candid response from a child about what it's like living with a school lunch program, and she gave them her story. She gets why eating healthy is important.''

For her part, Jasmine -- who counts as her favorite foods grapes, apples, oranges and Caesar salad -- said she hopes the experience will lead more children to eat their vegetables.

``Sometimes I bring in broccoli and carrots and my friends are like, `Ewww, this is disgusting,' '' she said. ``But I think if they tried it more, they'd like it.''

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1013 on: August 04, 2009, 12:55:14 PM »

Here is a case of such terrible, terrible police investigation and reporting I can hardly even comprehend it.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5855.msg900132#msg900132

This is a case of a little 10 year old girl and the investigator made the decision she was electrocuted and it was an accident even before the autopsy was complete, and despite the fact she had a CUT THROAT and she had recent vaginal penetration etc. etc. OMG!!     

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1014 on: August 04, 2009, 03:49:22 PM »

On a lighter note ...................... what is the penal code for this? 

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2570530/Lovers-glued-rats-manhood.html
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1015 on: August 04, 2009, 04:03:42 PM »

On a lighter note ...................... what is the penal code for this? 

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2570530/Lovers-glued-rats-manhood.html

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1016 on: August 04, 2009, 04:23:53 PM »

xoxoxo

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QbAZiVRG6h0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/QbAZiVRG6h0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1</a>

OMG I love this song!!  Thank you Deenie - you are the best DJ!!!   
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1017 on: August 04, 2009, 04:27:09 PM »

There - fixed that up for future viewers!   They have been playing this story all day on HLN and well, after time 15 I just had to post that! 
Superglue -  hummmmmmm wonder how that worked out?   So much more I could say, but I wouldn't want to lose my angle wings! LOL   an angelic monkey
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1018 on: August 04, 2009, 04:33:30 PM »

Ling and Lee (the journalists) were given immunity by N korea.  Bill Clinton went there to meet with officals today and they just said they will be released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1019 on: August 04, 2009, 04:34:18 PM »

Ling and Lee (the journalists) were given immunity by N korea.  Bill Clinton went there to meet with officals today and they just said they will be released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8184583.stm
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.