April 27, 2024, 01:13:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #48 7/29/09 - 8/11/09  (Read 396064 times)
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1120 on: August 07, 2009, 12:01:00 AM »

I've shared pics before of bruins who walk amongst us here.  Has anyone seen Bearlyhere?       

This is a young one from today.  Son took a pic and let me know it was nearby.

....and Jackie is upset about a little sweet raccoon!   Monkey Devil!

To think we complained about racoons years ago....I take it back.  There is a big difference between racoons getting into garbage than bears.  We have a bear proof can...so far it's working but I know others say that they eventually figure out how to pop the lid.  Have a friend who's DH bought one of those tool bins for a pick up and that's what they use for their garbage.  It's chained to a tree.  She said neighbors bought these dumpster like things that have wheels....     Bears would push them down the street.   

I cannot imagine seeing a bear rolling a trashcan down the street.    You be very very careful 2NJ. an angelic monkey
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1121 on: August 07, 2009, 12:03:00 AM »

Jackie laughs at me because I like to fish and will even bait my own hook! 

I don't like to take the fish off though. Their sad little eyes!   
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1122 on: August 07, 2009, 12:03:27 AM »

OMG - I have a raccoon story!  Last summer, about 2am I was on phone with neighbor and my teacup poodle and I went out on porch (her to pee and me to smoke, I know I am bad girl....) but when I opened the door, there was Roxy Raccoon and her 5 babies.  Well my five pounder immediately barks and starts to run them off when the biggest mama raccoon I have ever seen in my life grabed my baby.  I screamed so loud almost everyone on the street was out.  I grabbed baby up and put her in the sink for a bath so quick it wasn't funny.  Thank goodness the mama didn't break skin. 
Moral of the story - I turn the light on and look out the door first now!

How did you get your baby away from her?  This effen raccoon keeps coming up with or without a spotlight on.

I'm so scared it is going to attack one of my dogs - this thing is viscous.  (my neighbor did catch two of them and took them about 20 minutes away to a wildlife park - where they belong IMO)

If  you watch So you think you can dance, lets put it this way - Kari Ann has nothing on me! LOL  Plus I charged the coon!  Nobody and I mean NOBODY messes with my Crystol! 
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1123 on: August 07, 2009, 12:03:56 AM »

KCJ ... I loves Stevie .. he is the Bestest.  I saw it too on the news and they just Blurbed it.
It was around 6 am and I was HOT on the internet ... What Happened to Steven ..........

I just think he is Amazing ....... One more for the Man 

Stevie and AC DC - 2003 ..........
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VoZZ4Y2NQTY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/VoZZ4Y2NQTY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1</a>

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1124 on: August 07, 2009, 12:05:15 AM »

I used to love fishing, but it was a rule - anything caught had to go back or I was gone!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1125 on: August 07, 2009, 12:06:56 AM »

We need to come up with a safe place for Jackie to live....free of vermin, bugs and humans!!!   

I am thinking.....................
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1126 on: August 07, 2009, 12:07:32 AM »

I've shared pics before of bruins who walk amongst us here.  Has anyone seen Bearlyhere?       

This is a young one from today.  Son took a pic and let me know it was nearby.

....and Jackie is upset about a little sweet raccoon!   Monkey Devil!

To think we complained about racoons years ago....I take it back.  There is a big difference between racoons getting into garbage than bears.  We have a bear proof can...so far it's working but I know others say that they eventually figure out how to pop the lid.  Have a friend who's DH bought one of those tool bins for a pick up and that's what they use for their garbage.  It's chained to a tree.  She said neighbors bought these dumpster like things that have wheels....     Bears would push them down the street.   

I cannot imagine seeing a bear rolling a trashcan down the street.    You be very very careful 2NJ. an angelic monkey

I had 2 close encounters last year where they scared the sheet out of me.  I am careful but hate the fact that I cannot be comfortable in my own back yard or even walking out of my own front door. 

They have been pushed out of their habitat by construction or whatever, and roam around looking for food.  Son had to get rid of bird feeders because they drew them here, too. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1127 on: August 07, 2009, 12:10:00 AM »

I used to love fishing, but it was a rule - anything caught had to go back or I was gone!

We throught them back too unless PT is realing fishing - way out in the ocean.  They keep what they catch....and eat it!!  Yuck!! 
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1128 on: August 07, 2009, 12:10:41 AM »

I found this site Today

Its for Dog and Cat Food. Its a great site. It breaks down all the known name Pet foods and offers what their true ingredients are.

http://www.petfoodratings.net/

Interesting site!!  It just makes me so mad that Vets sell Science Diet when it always gets such a low rating!!    

Yes, and when the vet asked us to use it our dogs hated it.  We're using Nutro, lately.  (for sensitive stomach...has oatmeal in it)
Just a mention.
Nutro has had a lot of recalls lately for Cats Dry only .. they made a huge nationwide distribution dry food with High levels of Zinc and Cat's died. They made up a statement after deaths - after they so called investigated. They found that a batch of dry went out with exp of 2010 ( yeppers) that it was mixed wrong.
http://www.injuryboard.com/national-news/nutro-dry-cat-food-zinc-levels-%E2%80%9Csky-high%E2%80%9D.aspx?googleid=265238

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1129 on: August 07, 2009, 12:10:47 AM »

We need to come up with a safe place for Jackie to live....free of vermin, bugs and humans!!!   

Think of one for me, too.... Bear-less  (no offense, Bearly....)

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1130 on: August 07, 2009, 12:10:58 AM »

Royal Canin makes breed specific dog foods.  They have one for Chihuahuas and another for Yorkies, etc.

If the first ingredient listed is yellow corn, the food is not good quality regardless of the price.

Whole Dog Journal is a monthly publication that has good information and I think yearly ratings of dog foods.  They don't take ads so don't have a financial interest the way vets do about Science Diet and yes, its first ingredient is usually yellow corn.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1131 on: August 07, 2009, 12:13:18 AM »

2NJ, aren't you skeered of the bears?   I'd be afraid to go outside. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1132 on: August 07, 2009, 12:13:53 AM »

I found this site Today

Its for Dog and Cat Food. Its a great site. It breaks down all the known name Pet foods and offers what their true ingredients are.

http://www.petfoodratings.net/

Interesting site!!  It just makes me so mad that Vets sell Science Diet when it always gets such a low rating!!    

Yes, and when the vet asked us to use it our dogs hated it.  We're using Nutro, lately.  (for sensitive stomach...has oatmeal in it)
Just a mention.
Nutro has had a lot of recalls lately for Cats Dry only .. they made a huge nationwide distribution dry food with High levels of Zinc and Cat's died. They made up a statement after deaths - after they so called investigated. They found that a batch of dry went out with exp of 2010 ( yeppers) that it was mixed wrong.
http://www.injuryboard.com/national-news/nutro-dry-cat-food-zinc-levels-%E2%80%9Csky-high%E2%80%9D.aspx?googleid=265238

Thanks, Deenie....our cats are not on the Nutro.  If you see anything like this, post it in the recall thread.  It will be appreciated.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1133 on: August 07, 2009, 12:16:03 AM »

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, THERE IS ONLY ONE PLACE THAT MEETS THOSE REQUIREMENTS!   an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

But our coons are scareable here in KY!
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1134 on: August 07, 2009, 12:17:36 AM »

I wanted to go to Florida, not anymore.    snakes, cockroaches, alligators, oh my!
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1135 on: August 07, 2009, 12:17:44 AM »

We throught them back too unless PT is realing fishing - way out in the ocean.  They keep what they catch....and eat it!!  Yuck!! 
Yuck is right. Omg when I was a kid my Dad would take us to Northern Michigan and he would catch Smelt GAG ..and my Grandma would clean it and cook it up Deep Fried Style .. Me I just ate my napkin. 
Mytime you can tell PT one of the best baits for Fish is - Bologna. They LOVE it. My Dad would catch the biggest fish with using Oscar Meyer ... Catfish LOVE it too. I have to laugh at the little guy ( we all love and know) with his Fishing Pole.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ctNAs1K7nbo&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ctNAs1K7nbo&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1</a>

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1136 on: August 07, 2009, 12:17:44 AM »

Royal Canin makes breed specific dog foods.  They have one for Chihuahuas and another for Yorkies, etc.

If the first ingredient listed is yellow corn, the food is not good quality regardless of the price.

Whole Dog Journal is a monthly publication that has good information and I think yearly ratings of dog foods.  They don't take ads so don't have a financial interest the way vets do about Science Diet and yes, its first ingredient is usually yellow corn.

Is it yellow corn or corn gluten?   I am getting a diet coke and I am going to check the bag. 
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1137 on: August 07, 2009, 12:18:34 AM »

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, THERE IS ONLY ONE PLACE THAT MEETS THOSE REQUIREMENTS!   an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

But our coons are scareable here in KY!

I was thinking the same thing - I'm not ready to move there just yet.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1138 on: August 07, 2009, 12:19:53 AM »

Has anyone here heard of stink bait?  I was trying to explain the smell to MT and her nor PT have ever heard of it.  I'm starting to think I'm making it up.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1139 on: August 07, 2009, 12:19:57 AM »

Is it yellow corn or corn gluten?   I am getting a diet coke and I am going to check the bag. 

It will usually just say plain "yellow corn" as they don't even try to fool us.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.