April 27, 2024, 03:24:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #48 7/29/09 - 8/11/09  (Read 396190 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1140 on: August 07, 2009, 12:20:08 AM »

We need to come up with a safe place for Jackie to live....free of vermin, bugs and humans!!!   

I am thinking.....................

Think of one for me, too.... Bear-less  (no offense, Bearly....)

2NJ, aren't you skeered of the bears?   I'd be afraid to go outside. 

Anna, I am, and it's made an impact on my summer living.....can't enjoy my yard and flowers like I used to.  Tomorrow it's me, the dog and 2 cats for most of the day.  I HAVE to go out, but I'm always on alert.  My neighbor's do call me if they see them and I'm inside.  That's good, but then I get leery of going out...not sure of where they went. 

I'm with mytime...I'll bait a hook anyday.....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1141 on: August 07, 2009, 12:21:23 AM »

We need to come up with a safe place for Jackie to live....free of vermin, bugs and humans!!!   

I wanted to go to Florida, not anymore.    snakes, cockroaches, alligators, oh my!

But just about any place is going to have some form of wildlife critters, isn't it?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1142 on: August 07, 2009, 12:22:26 AM »

Has anyone here heard of stink bait?  I was trying to explain the smell to MT and her nor PT have ever heard of it.  I'm starting to think I'm making it up.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yes!
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1143 on: August 07, 2009, 12:22:31 AM »

Royal Canin makes breed specific dog foods.  They have one for Chihuahuas and another for Yorkies, etc.

If the first ingredient listed is yellow corn, the food is not good quality regardless of the price.

Whole Dog Journal is a monthly publication that has good information and I think yearly ratings of dog foods.  They don't take ads so don't have a financial interest the way vets do about Science Diet and yes, its first ingredient is usually yellow corn.

Is it yellow corn or corn gluten?   I am getting a diet coke and I am going to check the bag. 
Anne and News if you go here - it will tell you. They have a glossary of what is within the content of pet food. Same site I posted prior http://www.petfoodratings.net/

And Yes If I see any Recalls or info - I will post on the Recall Board FOR Sure 
 an angelic monkey

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1144 on: August 07, 2009, 12:24:48 AM »

Royal Canin makes breed specific dog foods.  They have one for Chihuahuas and another for Yorkies, etc.

If the first ingredient listed is yellow corn, the food is not good quality regardless of the price.

Whole Dog Journal is a monthly publication that has good information and I think yearly ratings of dog foods.  They don't take ads so don't have a financial interest the way vets do about Science Diet and yes, its first ingredient is usually yellow corn.

Anna,
Here is the first 10 ingredients: 

Chicken meal
      corn gluten meal
      ground corn
      chicken fat (naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract and citric acid)
      ground barley
      ground oatmeal
      chicken
      natural chicken flavor
      powdered cellulose
      beet pulp (sugar removed)  for the Mini Poodle 30.   
Is the corn gluten meal bad???????
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1145 on: August 07, 2009, 12:26:38 AM »

I wanted to go to Florida, not anymore.    snakes, cockroaches, alligators, oh my!

Rats, raccoons, spiders, and bobcats....oh yeah and that beautiful ocean filled with the unknown!!   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1146 on: August 07, 2009, 12:27:15 AM »

Anna,

Chicken meal
      corn gluten meal
      ground corn
      chicken fat (naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract and citric acid)
      ground barley
      ground oatmeal
      chicken
      natural chicken flavor
      powdered cellulose

YIKES........... Corn Gluten Meal: This is the remainder of the corn after the best parts of the corn have been removed. This is why I call it "filler of a filler". One of the absolute worst ingredients, as it does absolutely nothing for the animal and actually is difficult to digest.   
Looks like baby will be weaning off and only get Inova.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1147 on: August 07, 2009, 12:28:06 AM »

Jackie laughs at me because I like to fish and will even bait my own hook! 

I don't like to take the fish off though. Their sad little eyes!   

I used to love fishing, but it was a rule - anything caught had to go back or I was gone!

We throught them back too unless PT is realing fishing - way out in the ocean.  They keep what they catch....and eat it!!  Yuck!! 
Yuck is right. Omg when I was a kid my Dad would take us to Northern Michigan and he would catch Smelt GAG ..and my Grandma would clean it and cook it up Deep Fried Style .. Me I just ate my napkin. 
Mytime you can tell PT one of the best baits for Fish is - Bologna. They LOVE it. My Dad would catch the biggest fish with using Oscar Meyer ... Catfish LOVE it too. I have to laugh at the little guy ( we all love and know) with his Fishing Pole.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ctNAs1K7nbo&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ctNAs1K7nbo&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1</a>

My mother used to fry smelt.  She was from WI.  After I got married I saw them in the grocery store and mentioned it to my DH and he said it was bait!   Shows the economic differences we may have lived.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1148 on: August 07, 2009, 12:28:48 AM »

Anna,

Chicken meal
      corn gluten meal
      ground corn
      ground barley
      ground oatmeal
      chicken
      natural chicken flavor
      powdered cellulose

At least the first or primary ingredient is not corn.  That is a little more corn than I would like in mine but far better than most and probably OK.  At least the primary ingredient is chicken.  Most it is corn, seriously.  Look next time you are in pet or grocery store.  Shocking.  Corn is not natural diet for dogs.  Meat is.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1149 on: August 07, 2009, 12:30:17 AM »

Mytime - while you are here at the same time as me, you and everyone who comes here have brought me tons of giggles and snorts with coffee or when the sadness of the cases were getting to me.  Musings is my secret therapy!

And I hope you saw my post to you the other day in Caylee thread.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1150 on: August 07, 2009, 12:33:34 AM »

I wanted to go to Florida, not anymore.    snakes, cockroaches, alligators, oh my!

Rats, raccoons, spiders, and bobcats....oh yeah and that beautiful ocean filled with the unknown!!   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Don't forget the PYTHONS!  I saw on the news recently there are pythons in south Florida now from people releasing pet ones or the pets escaping, etc.  Could be anything in those swamps, too, just like here in Alabama, lol.

PERSONA NON GRATA

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1151 on: August 07, 2009, 12:33:42 AM »

Mytime - while you are here at the same time as me, you and everyone who comes here have brought me tons of giggles and snorts with coffee or when the sadness of the cases were getting to me.  Musings is my secret therapy!

Awe - you are sweet!!  Yes, I saw your post and thank you!!   
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1152 on: August 07, 2009, 12:34:14 AM »

That site Deenie put up makes it sound like I am abusing her giving her the gluten.  I thought I had done my homework with that food. 
Many, many years ago my 5.5 pound teacup weighted 8.8pds and was having all kinds of issues.  Vet told me to get the kids to quit feeding her and get the weight off ASAP and I did.  OMG it was like having a puppy again.  She is now approaching 13 and people will still think she is two.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1153 on: August 07, 2009, 12:35:13 AM »

Not sweet - just honest!   Besides, I have a reputation to maintain! LOL  I can't be sweet! hehe
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1154 on: August 07, 2009, 12:36:38 AM »

Rats, raccoons, spiders, and bobcats....oh yeah and that beautiful ocean filled with the unknown!!   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Don't forget the PYTHONS!  I saw on the news recently there are pythons in south Florida now from people releasing pet ones or the pets escaping, etc.  Could be anything in those swamps, too, just like here in Alabama, lol.

I am going to catch them and send them to Klaas so she can have some little snacks!!   Monkey Devil!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1155 on: August 07, 2009, 12:37:19 AM »

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Not sweet - just honest!   Besides, I have a reputation to maintain! LOL  I can't be sweet! hehe
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1156 on: August 07, 2009, 12:37:57 AM »

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1157 on: August 07, 2009, 12:42:00 AM »

Hi All,

Where did everybody go?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1158 on: August 07, 2009, 12:42:04 AM »

Now I have to go to sleep and sure hope I don't dream about pythons and all these critters!  A friend of mine opened a kitchen drawer and there was a snake inside it recently just as a thought to keep in mind.  I think about that some times and hesitate when opening drawers in the kitchen near the sink.  He said it was probably there for the water. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1159 on: August 07, 2009, 12:42:56 AM »

That site Deenie put up makes it sound like I am abusing her giving her the gluten.  I thought I had done my homework with that food. 
Many, many years ago my 5.5 pound teacup weighted 8.8pds and was having all kinds of issues.  Vet told me to get the kids to quit feeding her and get the weight off ASAP and I did.  OMG it was like having a puppy again.  She is now approaching 13 and people will still think she is two.

My friend fed her Yorkie the worst food, gave her chocolate, etc.  The little dog lived to be 17 yrs old and was always in great health.  So.......   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.