April 27, 2024, 04:59:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #48 7/29/09 - 8/11/09  (Read 396287 times)
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1720 on: August 10, 2009, 05:11:59 PM »

Looks like a lab to me. What a good looking doggie!!   

Hmmm, they may be some kind of  "mix" but I definitely see lab!! 

Agree yellow lab.  Possible mix, but looks lab to me!
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1721 on: August 10, 2009, 05:14:52 PM »

Thanks Klaas for the supporting info - I got side tracked.  My teacup poodle is sick........ she tossed her cookies and she never does that, so hopefully I am not off to the vet today. 
Anna and Mere- Wreck is smart cookie, I yield to him.  But wanted to share my experience so you didn't just chuck the laptop too soon. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1722 on: August 10, 2009, 05:24:37 PM »

I don't know much about dogs... could any of you who do, tell me what kind of dogs you think these were, please?   Below the first pic is a close-up of the same yellow-white one as in the window.
TIA
BG

I say yellow lab or lab mix.  This is a yellow lab pup:

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1723 on: August 10, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »

Klass - could we have a new      to honour some great research that is going on right now around the Mongolian Death Worm and show how much monkeys love animals?  Here is the article if it helps visualize the worm.

Hunt For Acid-Spitting Mongolian Death Worm
10/08/2009

ARMED with explosives, two men are heading to Mongolia's Gobi Desert to find the fabled acid-spitting and lightning-throwing Mongolian death worm.

The worm has never been documented but some Mongolians are convinced it exists. They call it Allghoi Khorkhoi, or "intestine worm" because it resembles a cow's intestine and is about 1.5m long.

The worm apparently jumps out of the sand and kills people by spitting concentrated acid or shooting lightning from its rectum over long distances, NZPA reports. (Seriously.)

New Zealand journalist David Farrier, who is organising the expedition, and cameraman Christie Douglas, leave this week to spend two weeks in the Gobi, trying to verify the worm's existence and making a documentary about it.

Farrier said he had always been fascinated by cryptozoology, or the search for hidden creatures.

The expedition and documentary would take a serious look at the worm and what it was, Farrier said.

He said he was interested in the death worm because it was one of the most outrageous creatures that were rumoured to exist.

However, it was also one of the mythical creatures that had a better chance of being real.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1724 on: August 10, 2009, 05:29:30 PM »

OK , now we have cheerleadering monkeys, a football monkey, a monkey in the box, devil monkeys, an angel monkey, kissing monkey, justice monkey, bike riding monkey,  teasing monkeys and even a constipated monkey.............hmmm....I think we are still missing one.......Oh wait, I know - how about a spitting monkey??   

That is not gonna happen....but you keep trying

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1725 on: August 10, 2009, 05:30:51 PM »

If your taking requests................. a crying monkey till the day we NEVER have another missing person to cry over.

What a glorious day that would be!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1726 on: August 10, 2009, 05:31:39 PM »

That dog story reminded me of something that happened with one of my Westie pups.  A couple got one of the pups and named her Miss Ellie.  Being a Westie, she managed to get to sleep on the foot of the bed where she was usually motionless until morning.  She would even bark and run to the bedroom when they had company if the company didn't leave by the time Miss Ellie thought they should and she was ready for bed.

One night Miss Ellie awakened the wife by pawing on her and barking.  She refused to go outside and ran back to the bed and was acting totally upset.  The wife wondered why the husband didn't seem to hear her as he usually took her outside.  She touched him as Ellie was totally indicating something was wrong.  He was unconscious and clammy to the touch from being in a diabetic state which happened after he went to sleep.

Don't know if he would have been alive in the morning or not but they credit Miss Ellie for having saved him as he was severely diabetic and was into unconscious state already when Ellie sent out the alarm.

Needless to say, they adore that dog!

WOW another happy ending animal story...I love them!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1727 on: August 10, 2009, 05:33:10 PM »

OK , now we have cheerleadering monkeys, a football monkey, a monkey in the box, devil monkeys, an angel monkey, kissing monkey, justice monkey, bike riding monkey,  teasing monkeys and even a constipated monkey.............hmmm....I think we are still missing one.......Oh wait, I know - how about a spitting monkey??  

MyTime,

Don't you remember when the only two rules were "No SPITTING and No Cussing"?

You are probably not going to get that spitting monkey, lol.

uummm then how about a cussing monkey!!  YEEHAW!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1728 on: August 10, 2009, 05:38:34 PM »

Sunny,  We are having heat index warnings with 105 today and 110 tomorrow with humdity just the worst so far this year.  Even with A/C running constantly and a fan, I am uncomfortable so know you must be miserable.  If it get's too bad, shampoo your hair and leave it wet.  That helps until it air dries again.  Or does for me.

Awww that stinks. I hate when it's that hot. It is only 84 now, but my hair is wet from perspiring. I have thick hair and I hate for my head to be wet from perspiration.  So a shower might be a good thing about now. But the installers just gave my DH an update....about 1 more hour and the a/c will be on...they are  going to come back tomorrow and finish the furnace part. They have been carrying some sheet metal down to the basement so I have no idea what's going on. I just know their asses are not leaving here until that a/c is working!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1729 on: August 10, 2009, 05:39:38 PM »

MyTime,

I know!  But it is still fun to ask!!   Now I am going to hold my breath!! 

That might work.  How about one that BITES?  LOL!

Anna I like how you think!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1730 on: August 10, 2009, 05:40:54 PM »

MyTime,

I know!  But it is still fun to ask!!   Now I am going to hold my breath!! 

That might work.  How about one that BITES?  LOL!

OK!!! LOL   

CBB please keep that one!  PLEASE!!!!!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1731 on: August 10, 2009, 05:42:26 PM »

We are having a new a/c and furnace installed today...it's only 81 now and it is supposed to get to 88... have fans up all over the place......UGH!!

I feel sorry for you.     

It will be nice when its working again though!   
ooppsss forgot to mention that my cockers are laying in front of a fan and their ears are blowing like this guys hair! 

Sounds like your dogs are pretty smart.   

Sassy, I think spoiled might be more appropriate...but of course I think they are smart...heck they have me trained pretty darn good!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1732 on: August 10, 2009, 05:43:15 PM »

As a matter of fact, I am telling!  I am going to be a big cry baby and hit the I am telling button!  Then hold my breath again!   

you'd better stop that young miss!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1733 on: August 10, 2009, 05:44:46 PM »

Sunny,  We are having heat index warnings with 105 today and 110 tomorrow with humdity just the worst so far this year.  Even with A/C running constantly and a fan, I am uncomfortable so know you must be miserable.  If it get's too bad, shampoo your hair and leave it wet.  That helps until it air dries again.  Or does for me.

It is so hot here too.  Heat index is 102!!  But will cool off to75 in the evenings.  I don't like the heat........anymore!!

DD just got home from her first day of school and the heat has her kinda cranky!!  LOL

YUK!  to the heat!  School started already!  WOW!   I think ours start on the 17th

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1734 on: August 10, 2009, 05:45:58 PM »

On HLN now  large 7.6 earthquake leads to tsunami warning.
http://www.prh.noaa.gov/ptwc/

Oh mercy...NO!  thanks for the alert!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1735 on: August 10, 2009, 05:47:44 PM »

Thanks Klaas for the supporting info - I got side tracked.  My teacup poodle is sick........ she tossed her cookies and she never does that, so hopefully I am not off to the vet today. 
Anna and Mere- Wreck is smart cookie, I yield to him.  But wanted to share my experience so you didn't just chuck the laptop too soon. 

ANJ - hope the little one is OK....what's her name? color?

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1736 on: August 10, 2009, 05:50:40 PM »

Klass - could we have a new      to honour some great research that is going on right now around the Mongolian Death Worm and show how much monkeys love animals?  Here is the article if it helps visualize the worm.

10/08/2009

ARMED with explosives, two men are heading to Mongolia's Gobi Desert to find the fabled acid-spitting and lightning-throwing Mongolian death worm.

The worm has never been documented but some Mongolians are convinced it exists. They call it Allghoi Khorkhoi, or "intestine worm" because it resembles a cow's intestine and is about 1.5m long.

The worm apparently jumps out of the sand and kills people by spitting concentrated acid or shooting lightning from its rectum over long distances, NZPA reports. (Seriously.)

New Zealand journalist David Farrier, who is organising the expedition, and cameraman Christie Douglas, leave this week to spend two weeks in the Gobi, trying to verify the worm's existence and making a documentary about it.

Farrier said he had always been fascinated by cryptozoology, or the search for hidden creatures.

The expedition and documentary would take a serious look at the worm and what it was, Farrier said.

He said he was interested in the death worm because it was one of the most outrageous creatures that were rumoured to exist.

However, it was also one of the mythical creatures that had a better chance of being real.

Damn!  Keep that worm thing away from me!!  Thank goodness I have never had a desire to the Gobi desert !!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1737 on: August 10, 2009, 05:52:42 PM »

uummmmm I have been posting all by myself it seems.....hey I may be sweaty, but I don't stink!! an angelic monkey

Rest in Peace Caylee

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1738 on: August 10, 2009, 06:01:58 PM »

Sunny? My Mom used to say that talking to yourself was just an indication that you sought out the smartest person in the room..................     

Klaas added the tease monkey to the growing list!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1739 on: August 10, 2009, 06:04:28 PM »

10/08/2009

See? Proof positive that God has a sense of humor!!!!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.