April 19, 2024, 11:12:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The great gall of China has us fooled"  (Read 1365 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 20, 2009, 11:55:17 AM »

This is an interesting article, but I find the comments even more so ~~~

Elise of Perth 5:07pm today david stephens of Sydney (3:00am) ..."It would be more advantageous for us if we just forgot having deep and personal ties with them and treated it as a purely commercial relationship. Our 'experts' and commentators tell us how ignorant and racist we are to be wary of China; how knocking back Rio was something to be ashamed of; how we constantly mishandle the relationship. I'm sure the Chinese watch all this and just think it's an odd form of weakness. We have done nothing wrong at any point. There is nothing to apologise for. I wish our experts and commentators could behave as if they had a backbone and not be so obviously insipid and deferential with them. We sell them ore, and they buy it. If they find it somewhere else, we'll never hear from them again." Exactly. Precisely. The Chinese state has just made that point abundantly clear. So continue trading with the Chinese state at arms length, keep our other trading options open, and forget all the claptrap about "special relationships".

There is no special relationship.  They will invest their money elsewhere.  When their internal consumer buying picks up, they will no longer need the U.S. as a market, and the U.S. is broke and the current administration is trying to outrun trillions in debt by spending more and more. 

...This is the same country that sells weapons to and props up al Bashir in Sudan for oil, simultaneously spruiking a policy of 'Non-interference'....as far as propping up despots for resources the west also has a fairly distasteful legacy on that score, Mobutu & Reza Pahlavi, spring to mind. This is the same country whose SOE's pay mine workers in Zambia at less than half the local rate and are yet to take responsibility for the deaths of many workers in a variety of industrial 'accidents' in the last eight or so years...

Will China some day occupy the U.S. to maintain control and order?  Will our own military be destroyed by globalization and the other branches of government?  If you can't control all three, perhaps control of just two is enough for a fascist state to exist?  Why do we need a military when China will look after us?

...Chinese are extremely racist towards everything that is non Chinese, and all of their connected neighbors are dirt poor and these 55 minorities are under class people in China. Their closest East asian neighbors like Korea and Japan don't trust China either, Japan/Korea have been stopping China's further advancement, I hope Japan/Korea keep doing this for us...

Mongolia an example?

fedup of sydney 1:32pm today Having spent some time in China myself, I agree with David Stephens. China has a deepseated resentment of its humiliation at western hands for more than a century. The west does not realise the extent of this. China is now keen to reverse its status, both economically and militarily (it has been building up massive conventional as well as technical weaponry for this purpose).The chinese are indeed very racist/anti westerner (You hear this constantly if you are able to speak chinese and can understand what is said about you in your presence). There are virtually no foreigners in China in relation to their population but a strong them and us mentality. Hence the chinese, who see you as not quite human, will ensure that you never win in a business dealing with them. Maybe a bit of a win, but they will win more, or you will not win as much as you would if you were also chinese. It is odd, that many of us who have spent some time in China, notwithstanding all of the above, have a liking and respect for the chinese. You get to know what you can expect from them, and enjoy your relationships on that basis. It strikes me as just as odd, that the intelligentsia in Australia strive so hard to ignore the reality of who the chinese are and how they behave, to fit their own worldview/ideology. When the facts don't fit, make them up.

In America, our government continues export jobs elsewhere.  Other nations and large global corporations gobble the jobs and profits.

The sooner we wake up and understand that China doesn't give a hoot about Australia and the West, the better. We are there to be used and abused for China's benefit. Further, the sooner we (Australia) start calling a spade a spade and begin trumpeting our western values to a cowed Chinese population, the better. Things like the rule of law, individual human rights, would be a good starting point. Give these little guys an alternative. Give them something to aim for. History and the internet are on our side. Call China's bluff

read more here - http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25805432-7583,00.html

Why not focus on trade within America?  North America?  Trade that enhances all the little people on Main Street?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 12:00:36 PM »

nigel of richmond 9:37am today The majority of Australians are not fooled by the Chinese cheer squad. We know that China is a brutal dictatorship, is involved in the ethnic cleansing of Tibet and the Uigher provinces, deals with the dictators in Burma, Laos, North Korea, Zimbabwe, etc, is busy spying and trying to steal our secrets. China censors everything detrimental to the communist/cronies, has a business and legal system within which communist party membership ensures progress or a job, has fifth columnist supporters embedded in Western Nations and is spending billions (of our dollars) on upgrading their military. What I laugh about is when Rudd & Co get up and call this dictatorship our"friends". If we must do business with them then just leave it at that.

I wonder if the Uigher's from Gitmo will ever go home? 

Will the U.S. be just like China?  No job for you unless you are a member of the party, union, or family of same.  The best jobs for friends and family, the other jobs to foreigners, and the disfavored classes. 

The old communist bloc had a favored class for jobs and resouces, it's basic requirement was party membership.  Membership was by invitation.  No internet form to download and send $5 to. 

What will American look like in five years?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.