March 28, 2024, 04:34:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD #2  (Read 548304 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #260 on: July 21, 2009, 02:13:24 PM »

I need to rant. Can I rant here?

Go for it

I just posted this in Musings so if you've read there, just skip!   

Work Sucks! I own a Rural Health Care Clinic.

I'm on a rant here!

I just saw on TV that they estimate 23 billion a year is paid fraudulantly on behalf of Medicare and Medicaid recipients. Even the OIG admits it's primarily to providers who haven't navigated the rules and regulations properly around providing those services to Governmentally insured individuals. GEE! YA THINK? It might have something to do with the THOUSANDS of pages of regulations that change monthly! So, included in the Health Care proposal is 100 million to catch those providers who are just providing Health Care and have either miscoded something, allowed a patient in the waiting room while a provider takes lunch (yeah, that's a rule), has a sign in sheet with anyone elses name on it, is a day late on the required monthly treatment plan, or has a transcription service who gets the transcripts back in 48 hours rather than 24!

I'm serious here: I could provide services for 1/3 the cost if I could simply employ a Board Certified Physician to provide health care to patients, submit the claim, complete with notes if they'd like, and expect payment. I have no problem at all being reviewed for quality of services provided. But, I have compliancy consultants to help me navigate the requirements, accountants to help me structure fee and compensation schedules to meet the rules, employees hired to oversee Physician notes, and staff to keep up with the paperwork. Providers are scared to prescribe pain medications when they are genuinely needed because it's a short path to red flags and it automatically requires random drug screenings and pill counts and that just adds another logistical layer to keep up with. Licensed Psychiatric Professionals must be brought in for counselling if chronic pain is the problem and any kind of long term pain medication is required.

I don't know what else I can do to try to do this right, yet I live in fear for everything I've worked for all my life. Recently, a cardiac group in Nashville was "descended" upon by an outsourced Medicare company to "spot inspect" and they were cited for over a million dollars in payback. All Medicare payments stopped while the group filed an appeal. The issue? Labs were done without a specific written order. All payments for each patient were marked for repayment. The cardiologists were sending the patients to the lab for work and the charts included the presenting problem, complete with references to proposed course of actions based on lab results, the lab results themselves and follow up care based on the lab results, but there wasn't a seperate written order for the labs. The group SPENT over a million dollars on the appeal and won a year later. They had the deep pockets to weather it. I wouldn't. I don't have the money to withstand that kind of assault, and all my personal assets would be subject to seizure for payback. The outsourced companies doing the inspections work on commission, and they have every incentive to find something, anything, that will pay their salaries.

It's wrong. It's just wrong.

OK, thanks for your patience. Rant over.
I feel your pain too CBB. It is so scary, is there a link or could you tell me where to find this at? I run a Radiology group and this Healthcare overhaul crap is scaring the daylights out of me. Huggsss to you. JSM  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #261 on: July 21, 2009, 02:13:57 PM »

Government run health care is not going to work, and it is really going to be a mess with the elderly and us baby boomers, huge group of elderly people, will not be able to handle it.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: July 21, 2009, 02:15:11 PM »

Her best yet!!

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: July 21, 2009, 02:15:44 PM »

Rant away, please CBB

I just did, JSM!! ( few posts up) Thanks for letting me!!   
No problem. I am a little behind. Anyways.  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: July 21, 2009, 02:20:41 PM »

Snipped from Ace of Spades website. Don't know how to post his links

A key House committee on Tuesday indefinitely postponed voting on health care reform legislation after Democratic leaders were unable to line up enough votes from moderate members of their own party.
The House Energy and Commerce Committee canceled the session as it faced serious concerns about the legislation from fiscally conservative Blue Dog Democrats, who hold a large number of seats on the panel. The Energy and Commerce Committee is the only House panel with jurisdiction over health care that has not completed writing its version of the reform bill.

President Obama plans to meet with those Democrats Tuesday.

But he and his congressional allies still have a lot of Democrats to convince.

The two other House committees with jurisdiction over health care legislation -- Ways and Means and Education and Labor -- approved their versions of the package last week.

But the Energy and Commerce Committee was considered the toughest lift for advocates of the bill on the table, which could carry a price tag of up to $1.5 trillion over 10 years. The Blue Dog Democrats on the committee say they are worried about the cost of the bill, tax increases that could be attached to it and the speed at which the House is trying to adopt it.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: July 21, 2009, 02:22:37 PM »

i'm about to rant i just looked out my window and saw a boy who can't be older than 6 riding his bike by him-self....ok just saw bigger kid with him..

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #266 on: July 21, 2009, 02:23:33 PM »

there he is again, and now in the road

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #267 on: July 21, 2009, 02:44:08 PM »

Be careful, it might be a ride by.       

Do No Evil 
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #268 on: July 21, 2009, 02:45:35 PM »

Monkey Devil!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: July 21, 2009, 02:50:34 PM »

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: July 21, 2009, 02:57:21 PM »

What does this mean?   
7/21/2009     A     MOTION FOR TRANSCRIPTION & ORDER

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: July 21, 2009, 02:58:31 PM »

What does this mean?   

could it be transcription of one of the hearings?

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: July 21, 2009, 02:59:32 PM »

What does this mean?   

Sorry Trimm, no idea. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: July 21, 2009, 03:01:20 PM »

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: July 21, 2009, 03:06:44 PM »

Go for it

I'm on a rant here!

I just saw on TV that they estimate 23 billion a year is paid fraudulantly on behalf of Medicare and Medicaid recipients. Even the OIG admits it's primarily to providers who haven't navigated the rules and regulations properly around providing those services to Governmentally insured individuals. GEE! YA THINK? It might have something to do with the THOUSANDS of pages of regulations that change monthly! So, included in the Health Care proposal is 100 million to catch those providers who are just providing Health Care and have either miscoded something, allowed a patient in the waiting room while a provider takes lunch (yeah, that's a rule), has a sign in sheet with anyone elses name on it, is a day late on the required monthly treatment plan, or has a transcription service who gets the transcripts back in 48 hours rather than 24!

I'm serious here: I could provide services for 1/3 the cost if I could simply employ a Board Certified Physician to provide health care to patients, submit the claim, complete with notes if they'd like, and expect payment. I have no problem at all being reviewed for quality of services provided. But, I have compliancy consultants to help me navigate the requirements, accountants to help me structure fee and compensation schedules to meet the rules, employees hired to oversee Physician notes, and staff to keep up with the paperwork. Providers are scared to prescribe pain medications when they are genuinely needed because it's a short path to red flags and it automatically requires random drug screenings and pill counts and that just adds another logistical layer to keep up with. Licensed Psychiatric Professionals must be brought in for counselling if chronic pain is the problem and any kind of long term pain medication is required.

I don't know what else I can do to try to do this right, yet I live in fear for everything I've worked for all my life. Recently, a cardiac group in Nashville was "descended" upon by an outsourced Medicare company to "spot inspect" and they were cited for over a million dollars in payback. All Medicare payments stopped while the group filed an appeal. The issue? Labs were done without a specific written order. All payments for each patient were marked for repayment. The cardiologists were sending the patients to the lab for work and the charts included the presenting problem, complete with references to proposed course of actions based on lab results, the lab results themselves and follow up care based on the lab results, but there wasn't a seperate written order for the labs. The group SPENT over a million dollars on the appeal and won a year later. They had the deep pockets to weather it. I wouldn't. I don't have the money to withstand that kind of assault, and all my personal assets would be subject to seizure for payback. The outsourced companies doing the inspections work on commission, and they have every incentive to find something, anything, that will pay their salaries.

I feel your pain too CBB. It is so scary, is there a link or could you tell me where to find this at? I run a Radiology group and this Healthcare overhaul crap is scaring the daylights out of me. Huggsss to you. JSM  an angelic monkey

Yeah CBB,rant away.   
JSM,it's been several years since I was employed at my clinic,but all the codes and code changes with Medicare and Medicaid use to make me crazy.Is it still that bad?
We had to learn to do a little of everything,and nobody ever filed that chit but me.    If we HealthCare reform like this we're all gonna die.   
Hubby thinks I'm crazy,but I told him he'll be first to go cause he's older.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: July 21, 2009, 03:07:39 PM »

What does this mean?   

Sorry Trimm, no idea. 

This is all the news I can find,and we don't even know what it is.   Monkey Devil!

~ Peter Frampton
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #276 on: July 21, 2009, 03:10:31 PM »

What does this mean?   

Sorry Trimm, no idea. 

This is all the news I can find,and we don't even know what it is.   Monkey Devil!
good find Trimm?

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: July 21, 2009, 03:10:45 PM »

What does this mean?   

Sorry Trimm, no idea. 

You can probably bet it's got Bozo's name scribbled at the bottom of it. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: July 21, 2009, 03:17:50 PM »

Go for it

I'm on a rant here!

Yeah CBB,rant away.   
JSM,it's been several years since I was employed at my clinic,but all the codes and code changes with Medicare and Medicaid use to make me crazy.Is it still that bad?
We had to learn to do a little of everything,and nobody ever filed that chit but me.    If we HealthCare reform like this we're all gonna die.   
Hubby thinks I'm crazy,but I told him he'll be first to go cause he's older.   

Yes, it is worse than it was in the past, fee schedules are lower, coding is crazyness. I hate it. We have to take Medicaid and Medicare because of our hospital contracts. I pray every night more and more people see what it going to happen before and it gets shot down completely. JSM

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #279 on: July 21, 2009, 03:28:34 PM »

What does this mean?   

Sorry Trimm, no idea. 

Hey Trimm...just for you...and me.

Do No Evil 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.