March 28, 2024, 11:54:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD #2  (Read 548209 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1360 on: July 25, 2009, 09:18:28 PM »

Swimming at night  Sounds fun, but sharks and things that's too scary.

The sharks don't bother me (my dog has way more meat on her than I do), it's the rip currents I worry about, but I won't go swimming at night when the rips are bad and will only surf during the day when the rips are bad

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1361 on: July 25, 2009, 09:20:38 PM »

Talk about doing stupid things as a teen, we used to waterski at night......I don't know what would have happened if we ever fell because I sure wouldn't want a boat driving towards me with no lights.......and we weren't even drunk, hust really stupid
  Now that's scary but sounds like fun.

It was, I remember once the other mom saw us with the ski in the yard about 11pm (they lived on the lake) and asked if we had been out skiing and we told her , " no we took the ski swimming", gosh we were really dumb to think anyone would fall for that

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1362 on: July 25, 2009, 09:21:12 PM »

The sharks don't bother me (my dog has way more meat on her than I do), it's the rip currents I worry about, but I won't go swimming at night when the rips are bad and will only surf during the day when the rips are bad
    Most of my swimming was in Lake Michigan, and once in awhile there would be currents, but nothing at all like in the ocean.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1363 on: July 25, 2009, 09:22:49 PM »

Talk about doing stupid things as a teen, we used to waterski at night......I don't know what would have happened if we ever fell because I sure wouldn't want a boat driving towards me with no lights.......and we weren't even drunk, hust really stupid
  Now that's scary but sounds like fun.

It was, I remember once the other mom saw us with the ski in the yard about 11pm (they lived on the lake) and asked if we had been out skiing and we told her , " no we took the ski swimming", gosh we were really dumb to think anyone would fall for that
  Monkey Devil!  I can't believe half the things we would say, I wonder if the parents believed it, or just figured oh well 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1364 on: July 25, 2009, 09:27:26 PM »

Most of my swimming was in Lake Michigan, and once in awhile there would be currents, but nothing at all like in the ocean.

The rip current here are bad when we have them. I never knew until I moved here that it was dubbed the drowning capital once. I remember beating into my kids head to not panic, just let it pull you out, swim sideways and then you can almost walk out because you are on a sand bar, I thank God I reiterated this over and over until my kids thought I was nuts, but Memorial Day 2008 my son and I were both pulled out in one and it was the scariest 5 minutes of my life. He just stayed calm and kept his eyes focused on me, finally three men got him out and then I was able to just let it spit me out (90 people pulled out by lifeguards that day), and several drowned in Perdido. Needless to say my son never rolled his eyes again when I tell him how to get out of one I remember just coming in, getting a beer a xanaz and a cigarette.....then I was all better

[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1365 on: July 25, 2009, 09:37:42 PM »

Very frightening, where I grew up there would be drownings a lot in winter, with people falling through the ice. Snow mobiles on frozen lakes and ponds, and even cars driving on the frozen lakes 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1366 on: July 25, 2009, 09:39:45 PM »

Very frightening, where I grew up there would be drownings a lot in winter, with people falling through the ice. Snow mobiles on frozen lakes and ponds, and even cars driving on the frozen lakes 

I have a friend that lives in WI and she tells me they have rescues all the time from snowmobiles falling thru ice, that being said what dumbarse would drive a car on the ice when the snowmobiles can crack it

[
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1367 on: July 25, 2009, 09:44:53 PM »

If my mama had ever caught me with alcohol on my breath, I wouldn't have lived to tell about it. 
I wasn't the one drinking, but my friend was. Grounded for a MONTH. My stepdad would play two out of three games of pool and if I won I could go outside the door.  Monkey Devil! He wanted someone to play pool with at the house and usually he would lose so I could go do something for a bit. My mom never knew!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1368 on: July 25, 2009, 09:47:14 PM »

Well both of you have been busy, I've been tired, because I went on a rant after I saw the latest email from the association. My yelling about it wore me out  That is interesting about the skating I did not know that. I only skated as a kid and teenager outside in the freezing cold, but it was fun.
Skating outside sounds fun No Rose. Can I ask a question, were there sticks and stuff on the ponds? The reason I am asking when I go on vacation this winter, the only "rinks" are ponds and I just know I will skate over a stick, break my neck, crack the ice, then drown.  Monkey Devil!
I never skated on a pond, the city would prepare four fields around town, one was where they played baseball in the summer, so there was four ice skating rinks, and each one had a shack to warm up in, it was always fun.  Fanny, I got the number to the Fire Authority in Irvine. He is done welding for the day, when he comes out in the morning, and he will, I will be calling and telling the Fire Marshall about the welding by oxygen, and that we live in a fire danger area, I will tell him all my concerns, and see what I can accomplish. Thanks for telling me it could go off like a bomb, they have two small kids, one that is on oxygen, and they know what could happen. The father is just a selfish pig. They have signs in their windows about oxygen being on in their home and not to smoke.

He's welding by oxygen tanks  Crap, fire and oxygen tanks brought down that Valujet flight over the everglades.....bad chit!

JSM~When I was a kid I skated on the lake in Nebraska and I don't remember any twigs, but then again that was eons ago Monkey Devil!
Thanks IM, makes me feel better. I was really hoping y'all would say "don't skate on the ice" and that would be my out for vacation.  Monkey Devil!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1369 on: July 25, 2009, 09:50:06 PM »

We use to pretend to skate on the river by the high school before a dance. We would pretend while we were drinking figuring nobody would stop us, they would think we were just skating. One of the times we were pretending one of my friends fell through the ice, somehow we got her out, and to this day I think how stupid we were with some of the things we did, and thank God we weren't too drunk and nothing real bad happened to her  The only problem was we didn't know what to do with her, she was soaking wet and freezing cold, I called my mom if she could come and pick her up and take her home, because she wasn't feeling good, my mom never noticed she was soaking wet  Or that we had alcohol on our breath.

We used to go skinny dipping in the gulf when it was dark. Does that count for stupid. There's sharks out there, but I was fearless back then.   
I don't care how drunk I am, JSM will never get in water with creatures at night.  Monkey Devil! Especially without clothes on.  Monkey Devil!

We weren't even drunk. Just kids. We never thought anything about it. Actually my kids used to go swimming at night when we were staying on Perdido Bay, and so did we as adults. It was a salt water bay, and had dolphins and other big fish. I don't think there were anything but nurse sharks, and they don't bite. You just had to be careful of crabs and steping on flounders. LOL  Monkey Devil!
Those are creatures Fanny. I don't go to the lake because fish nibble on my toes. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1370 on: July 25, 2009, 09:50:15 PM »

I have a friend that lives in WI and she tells me they have rescues all the time from snowmobiles falling thru ice, that being said what dumbarse would drive a car on the ice when the snowmobiles can crack it
A little beer and no common sense.....
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1371 on: July 25, 2009, 09:53:11 PM »

Well both of you have been busy, I've been tired, because I went on a rant after I saw the latest email from the association. My yelling about it wore me out  That is interesting about the skating I did not know that. I only skated as a kid and teenager outside in the freezing cold, but it was fun.
Skating outside sounds fun No Rose. Can I ask a question, were there sticks and stuff on the ponds? The reason I am asking when I go on vacation this winter, the only "rinks" are ponds and I just know I will skate over a stick, break my neck, crack the ice, then drown.  Monkey Devil!
I never skated on a pond, the city would prepare four fields around town, one was where they played baseball in the summer, so there was four ice skating rinks, and each one had a shack to warm up in, it was always fun.  Fanny, I got the number to the Fire Authority in Irvine. He is done welding for the day, when he comes out in the morning, and he will, I will be calling and telling the Fire Marshall about the welding by oxygen, and that we live in a fire danger area, I will tell him all my concerns, and see what I can accomplish. Thanks for telling me it could go off like a bomb, they have two small kids, one that is on oxygen, and they know what could happen. The father is just a selfish pig. They have signs in their windows about oxygen being on in their home and not to smoke.

He's welding by oxygen tanks  Crap, fire and oxygen tanks brought down that Valujet flight over the everglades.....bad chit!

JSM~When I was a kid I skated on the lake in Nebraska and I don't remember any twigs, but then again that was eons ago Monkey Devil!
Thanks IM, makes me feel better. I was really hoping y'all would say "don't skate on the ice" and that would be my out for vacation.  Monkey Devil!

Don't go JSM, you may fall thru and drown and then where are we (right wing loons  ) going to go to rant about Obamessiah........

there is your out

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1372 on: July 25, 2009, 09:54:34 PM »

A little beer and no common sense.....

Gotcha~I wish I could blame alcohol on my bumb arse mistakes, but I WAS fully sober one my wedding day Monkey Devil!

[
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1373 on: July 25, 2009, 09:58:57 PM »

Don't go JSM, you may fall thru and drown and then where are we (right wing loons  ) going to go to rant about Obamessiah........

there is your out
I tried telling my mom I couldn't go without internet access or a laptop (trying to get a laptop for Christmas), my mom said that where we are going has internet access and I can use her laptop. Yeah right! I tried that when we went to DC. Cat fight over the computer that was slower than Morse code.  Monkey Devil!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1374 on: July 25, 2009, 10:10:52 PM »

I never could figure out ice fishing. 

I was in Maine once in the winter and a minivan packed with guys passed me and we started talking on the CB radio. They told me where they were going and I asked them how they stayed warm. They have a couple of cases of Black Velvet a piece for antifreeze. I guess that is sort of the same thing as hunting camps down south. Just someplace to get off by yourselves and drink. The shotguns always made me a little nervous, but they were good-ole-boys, and knew how to handle it.   Monkey Devil!

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1375 on: July 25, 2009, 10:13:19 PM »

No Rose

an angelic monkey

A HOA that has done some GOOD in this world.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/Krum_Child_Gets_Christmas_in_

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1376 on: July 25, 2009, 10:17:25 PM »

No Rose

an angelic monkey

What a sweet story. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1377 on: July 25, 2009, 10:18:25 PM »

No Rose

an angelic monkey

What a sweet story. 
It is isn't it Fanny.  an angelic monkey

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1378 on: July 25, 2009, 10:30:39 PM »

No Rose

an angelic monkey

What a sweet story. 
It is isn't it Fanny IT IS SWEET IS WHAT I MEANT TO SAY. an angelic monkey
BIG FAT EDIT

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1379 on: July 25, 2009, 10:33:17 PM »

I think I am going to go to bed and watch some TV. My son came in my room today with his guitar unplugged and was playing for me, and it scared poor Miss Kitty something crazy. He was playing it really softly for me, and she ended up under the bed for a while. I am going to give her some extra attention tonight.
 Monkey Devil!

Good night, ya'll. And God bless.   an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.