March 28, 2024, 04:58:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD #2  (Read 548308 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #3960 on: August 08, 2009, 11:00:33 AM »

Gotta get in the shower then go    Stay cool my monkeys. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #3961 on: August 08, 2009, 11:02:08 AM »

Gotta get in the shower then go    Stay cool my monkeys. 
Have fun    I like this new monkey
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #3962 on: August 08, 2009, 11:41:41 AM »

TEVYE If you are gonna party like it's 1999 at that wedding,then this is for you.          
Hangover Dos & Don'ts

Friday, August 07, 2009

It’s the morning after the night before and you’re in excruciating pain. You feel sick to your stomach, your head hurts so much you feel brain-dead and you’re starting to regret those parts of the evening you can actually remember. Unfortunately, no magic pill can snap you out of your stupor, but there are a few things you can do to make the day a little easier on yourself. Here, we debunk commonly dispensed wisdom and show you the true hangover dos and don’ts.

Don’t - Take Acetaminophen
More commonly known as Tylenol than by its generic name, acetaminophen can wreak havoc on your liver if ingested while intoxicated. The reason is that when your liver is busy metabolizing alcohol, it processes the painkiller differently than it otherwise would, resulting in toxic compounds that can cause liver inflammation and even permanent damage.

Do - Take Ibuprofen

Set your alarm a little early and take an ibuprofen such as Advil in the morning one hour before you need to be a functional human being. Use this remedy in dire emergencies only, like when you’re meeting your new girlfriend’s parents for the first time at brunch and you have a splitting headache.

Don’t — Pound Caffeine

Drinking shot after shot of espresso will not sober you up, nor will it get rid of your hangover. In fact, caffeine can work as a diuretic, potentially making you feel worse as a result of being further dehydrated.

Do - Have One Gentle Caffeinated Beverage

While drinking excessive amounts of coffee or caffeinated energy drinks won’t do much to improve your sorry state, a single caffeinated beverage can help, particularly if you didn’t get enough sleep, by giving you an energy boost and improving mental alertness. Try black tea or one cup of good quality coffee and make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day.
Don’t - Eat Sausages and Bacon

Though a greasy fry-up that includes sausages and bacon is often touted as the mother of all hangover cures, steer clear of this dietary disaster when you’re feeling worse for wear as a result of imbibing too much alcohol. While fatty foods will temporarily distract your stomach, you’re not really providing your body with the nutrients it craves after a heavy night out.

Do - Eat Eggs

Swap your fry-up for hard-boiled or poached eggs. Eggs contain cysteine, a substance that can help break down acetaldehyde, a toxin associated with alcohol metabolism and hangovers.

Don’t - Exercise

If you’ve really tied one on the night before, a hard workout isn’t the best idea. Alcohol is a diuretic, meaning that in large quantities, it causes you to lose water and become dehydrated. A major sweat session can result in more dehydration and is therefore not a good idea.

Do - Shower and Relax

A shower will raise your temperature, prepping your body for sleep so you can bypass the most painful part of your day. On the flip side, a cold shower will make you feel more alert. To encourage additional relaxation or to invigorate your mind and body if you’ve got a big day ahead of you, try a body wash like one from Axe’s new Fixer line, which features specially formulated products to jump-start your day or speed your recovery.

Don’t - Eat French Fries and Hash Browns

In much the same way that a plateful of sausages and bacon won’t provide you with the relief you seek, neither will other calorie-laden options such as French fries and hash browns. Though you may temporarily feel better after eating these carbohydrate-rich snacks thanks to the rush of feel-good neurotransmitters they help release in your brain, you may be in for tummy troubles a few hours down the line.
Do - Eat Crackers

Bland foods including plain toast or lightly salted crackers will raise low blood-sugar levels and alleviate feelings of nausea, all without irritating your stomach the way fatty fried foods can. Additionally, to replenish potassium levels, eat fresh fruit like bananas.

Don’t - Do Hair of the Dog

Though it’s a tempting option because it will temporarily make you feel as good as new again, hair of the dog will only prolong your hangover. Initially, because the nastiest part of a hangover is when your blood-alcohol level reaches zero, having another drink will blunt your withdrawal symptoms. In the long run, however, consuming more alcohol will only ensure that you delay the worst to come rather than avoid it altogether.

Do - Drink Plenty of Other Fluids

Mineral water is your best bet to rehydrate yourself after a night on the tiles. As well, reach for sports drinks (to replace lost electrolytes), low-acid orange juice (to replenish your vitamin C levels) and natural fruit juices (to keep your blood sugar in check).

Don’t - Eat Before You Go to Bed

It’s a myth that filling up before bed will “soak up” the alcohol in your stomach. Food has to already be in your digestive system to slow the absorption of alcohol into your bloodstream, so make sure you fuel up before heading out. Picks with a lot of fat, like pizza or steak, that take a long time to digest are your best bet for preventing a hangover later on.

Do - Drink Water Before Going to Bed

Overdoing it on the drinking front causes dehydration, so you need to replenish fluids. If you don’t drink water, your body will take what it needs from your vital organs, including your brain, resulting in a throbbing headache the following morning.
Do the Right Thing

In the end, the only true cure for a hangover is time, as your body simply has to detox. To prevent yourself from being in this heinous situation in the first place, double-fist it on a big night out, downing one tall glass of water for every alcoholic beverage you imbibe. Your body will thank you the next day, and there will be one less embarrassing photo of you on Facebook.
Thanks, Trimm! I didn't snip it cos it is, after all, Saturday, and there may be a few monkeys besides myself planning on tying one on tonight!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #3963 on: August 08, 2009, 11:44:08 AM »

Morning Monkeys!!! Hope all is well with you.

Tevye have fun tonight, don't get too drunk. I don't want to hear about you taking your top off and shaking your money maker on the table! 
Hey, but it'd be a good way to help with all the co-pays for the docs! Thanks for the idea!!!

and good luck to you tomorrow, I wanna see the video!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3964 on: August 08, 2009, 12:07:34 PM »

JSM~  I know you were concerned about Fathima Rifqa Bary, the 16 year old that has been missing for three weeks. She's been found SAFE in Florida       http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5843.msg904490#msg904490

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3965 on: August 08, 2009, 12:10:47 PM »

Good Morning.  Tevye this is for you.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3966 on: August 08, 2009, 12:11:31 PM »

A cute one.
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #3967 on: August 08, 2009, 12:12:12 PM »

I just went to Karma's thread, I am so excited for her.  We still have about 3 weeks to go till my new granddaughter gets here.

Been kind of a crazy last month or so.  After my daughter had 2 C-sections, the first being an emergency and the 2nd a mandatory, scheduled C-section.  They have a new insurance plan now, that they didn't have with their first two babies.  She has found one of the only doctors in our area that will allow her to attempt a natural, vaginal birth.  This is called a 2 Vbac, (vaginal birth after 2 C-sections).  I had never even heard of that word and have learned more about it in this last month than I ever wanted to.

Instead of being in our large hospital, she is going to a smaller hospital and has found one of the few doctors that will allow her to attempt this.  The odds for anything going wrong, like a previous C-section scar rupture is less than 1%.  The risks of major abdominal surgery are much more serious and yet, most doctors and hospital insist on repeat C-sections, once you have had one.  Her new insurance plan is allowing her to use any hospital, unlike Kaiser, which only allowed her to use a doctor and hospital which insist on C-sections. 

Her last baby girl was taken about 2 to 3 weeks premature, we think they wanted her to be born, so as not to interfere with their Christmas vacations.  The baby had feeding problems her whole infancy and my daughter was very upset that breastfeeding was not working.

She is really trying to prevent the pain and recovery of another C-section and this doctor is going to give her a chance at natural birth.  It has made me a nervous wreck, adding to my worries is the factor that my daughter has O Negative blood and has had to deal with the RH factor during each pregnancy.  She has to be given shots during her pregnancy and then the baby has to be given shots after she is born.  Somehow her blood tries to attack the baby, it is all very complicated and makes me stress more.  O Negative, while being the only blood that is a universal donor, is also the only blood that cannot be recreated by humans.  They have to be sure some is on hand in case of an unlikely needed transfusion.

I have been trying to keep myself busy working on nursery items and spending time with my monkeys.  I will be glad when the baby is here and all of this worry is behind us.  So glad I have a place to come and share my worries and have others to chat with.

Hugs, Magic   

I posted this already in Musings but wanted to post it here, just in case anyone else had dealt with this and has anything to say.  I am one scared  momma.  My only daughter was a miracle baby and we have never lived more than a few miles away from each other her whole life.  My husband and my baby girl and her family are my whole life.

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3968 on: August 08, 2009, 12:15:58 PM »

I really hope this works. My dog has dreams but never quite like this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/z2BgjH_CtIA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;&quot;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/z2BgjH_CtIA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;&quot;</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3969 on: August 08, 2009, 12:19:23 PM »

I just went to Karma's thread, I am so excited for her.  We still have about 3 weeks to go till my new granddaughter gets here.

Been kind of a crazy last month or so.  After my daughter had 2 C-sections, the first being an emergency and the 2nd a mandatory, scheduled C-section.  They have a new insurance plan now, that they didn't have with their first two babies.  She has found one of the only doctors in our area that will allow her to attempt a natural, vaginal birth.  This is called a 2 Vbac, (vaginal birth after 2 C-sections).  I had never even heard of that word and have learned more about it in this last month than I ever wanted to.

Instead of being in our large hospital, she is going to a smaller hospital and has found one of the few doctors that will allow her to attempt this.  The odds for anything going wrong, like a previous C-section scar rupture is less than 1%.  The risks of major abdominal surgery are much more serious and yet, most doctors and hospital insist on repeat C-sections, once you have had one.  Her new insurance plan is allowing her to use any hospital, unlike Kaiser, which only allowed her to use a doctor and hospital which insist on C-sections. 

Her last baby girl was taken about 2 to 3 weeks premature, we think they wanted her to be born, so as not to interfere with their Christmas vacations.  The baby had feeding problems her whole infancy and my daughter was very upset that breastfeeding was not working.

She is really trying to prevent the pain and recovery of another C-section and this doctor is going to give her a chance at natural birth.  It has made me a nervous wreck, adding to my worries is the factor that my daughter has O Negative blood and has had to deal with the RH factor during each pregnancy.  She has to be given shots during her pregnancy and then the baby has to be given shots after she is born.  Somehow her blood tries to attack the baby, it is all very complicated and makes me stress more.  O Negative, while being the only blood that is a universal donor, is also the only blood that cannot be recreated by humans.  They have to be sure some is on hand in case of an unlikely needed transfusion.

I have been trying to keep myself busy working on nursery items and spending time with my monkeys.  I will be glad when the baby is here and all of this worry is behind us.  So glad I have a place to come and share my worries and have others to chat with.

Hugs, Magic   

I posted this already in Musings but wanted to post it here, just in case anyone else had dealt with this and has anything to say.  I am one scared  momma.  My only daughter was a miracle baby and we have never lived more than a few miles away from each other her whole life.  My husband and my baby girl and her family are my whole life.

Magic Eyes I am so happy for you and you are in my prayers.  I think it is wonderful that a Dr is giving your daughter a chance at a natural birth.  I am sure that they will take every precaution and will have the equipment and staff there in case a C section is required.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3970 on: August 08, 2009, 12:20:18 PM »

Economic crisis effects
A married Chinese businessman who could no longer afford five mistresses held a competition to decide which one to keep.

But the contest took a fatal turn when one of the women, eliminated for her looks, drove the man and the four other competitors off a cliff, Chinese media reported.

The spurned mistress died and the other passengers were injured, the reports said.

Police initially thought the car had plummeted off a mountain road in eastern China on December 6 by accident. Then they learned of the contest through a letter the dead woman had left behind, the Shanghai Daily newspaper said.

The 29-year-old woman, identified only as Yu, was a waitress when she met the businessman at a restaurant in the coastal city of Qingdao in 2000.

At the time, the businessman, identified only by his last name — Fan — was married and had four other mistresses, according to the Peninsula Metropolis Daily newspaper in Qingdao.

The women knew of one another, but none elected to break up with the man and give up their rent-free apartment and a 5,000 yuan ($730) monthly allowance, the reports said.

When the economy soured, the businessman apparently decided to let go of all but one mistress.

He staged a private talent show in May, without telling the women his intentions. An instructor from a local modeling agency judged the women on the way they looked, how they sang and how much alcohol they could hold, the Shanghai Daily said.

The judge knocked out Yu in the first round of the competition based on her looks. Angry, she decided to exact revenge by telling her lover and the four other women to accompany her on a sightseeing trip before she returned to her home province, the media reports said.

It was during the trip that Yu reportedly drove the car off the cliff.

Fan shut down his company after the crash and paid Yu’s parents 580,000 yuan ($84,744) as compensation for her death.

The four other women left him, as did his wife when she learned of the affairs.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #3971 on: August 08, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with your daughter  an angelic monkey  I don't blame her at all for wanting to deliver the normal way, I too had one C section, and I never felt the same after it.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3972 on: August 08, 2009, 12:26:02 PM »

Bad graphics artist?
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #3973 on: August 08, 2009, 12:27:03 PM »

Tevye, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  You are an amazing woman who is braver than I could ever be.  Have a wonderful time at the wedding, you deserve it.  I can totally relate to your husband, he must be a mess, loving you so and worrying.  Hopefully, once treatment gets started, you and he will feel more in control.

Soooo many hugs, Magic 

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3974 on: August 08, 2009, 12:33:50 PM »

Telemarketers driving you crazy?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/J5z4Vs26-TI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/J5z4Vs26-TI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3975 on: August 08, 2009, 12:34:25 PM »

Northern Rose       

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3976 on: August 08, 2009, 12:37:22 PM »

Ikea is now competing with GM.  I thought I was bad with leftover pieces from my attempt at fixing the lawnmower last week. 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3977 on: August 08, 2009, 12:41:25 PM »

Good afternoon everybody.  an angelic monkey

Getting a late start as my son is getting ready to participate in a wedding today. (No, not his.  Monkey Devil!)

This must be the day for weddings and new babies on the way. 

I hope JSM's skating practice goes ok, and she is pumped and ready to do her competition tomorrow.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3978 on: August 08, 2009, 12:42:54 PM »

I have another full day ahead of me.  With the full moon I am bracing for another strange day.  Take care everyone.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3979 on: August 08, 2009, 12:55:42 PM »

Ikea is now competing with GM.  I thought I was bad with leftover pieces from my attempt at fixing the lawnmower last week. 

That looks like one of my son's projects when he was growing up with "The Knack." He always seemed to get it all back together though.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CmYDgncMhXw&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/CmYDgncMhXw&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.