April 19, 2024, 12:58:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Romaine Lettuce Recall  (Read 1586 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: July 24, 2009, 08:59:57 AM »

Romaine Lettuce Recall
 Last Updated: 11:50 PM Jul 23, 2009

(CNN) — A California company has issued a nationwide recall on its romaine lettuce after the lettuce tested positive for salmonella in Wisconsin, according to a statement from the company.

No illnesses have been linked to the lettuce, the statement said.

The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture conducted a random test on romaine lettuce from Tanimura & Antle Fresh Foods, Inc., the company said in a statement, and found the bacteria.

The company has also recalled its romaine lettuce distributed in Puerto Rico and Canada.

The company said it had notified its customers on Tuesday about the recall and told them to “discard any existing product.”

The voluntary recall affects single, whole heads of lettuce with a shelf life of 14 to 16 days after harvest dates from June 25 to July 2, the company said.

“We very much regret the inconvenience that the recall may have caused our consumers and customers,” said company CEO Rick Antle, in the statement. “Food safety and consumer health are our top priorities.”
http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/51534797.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.