June 03, 2024, 08:35:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 143 8/5/09 - 8/18/09  (Read 384811 times)
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1720 on: August 14, 2009, 10:48:39 PM »

Ana Maria Cardona was convicted and sentenced to death for the long-standing abuse and murder of her three-year-old son Lazaro Figueroa.

The body of a severely beaten unidentified child was found abandoned in the Miami Beach area on November 2, 1990. The boy was later determined to be Lazaro Figueroa, the youngest child of Ana Marie Cardona. Cardona was subsequently arrested in connection with the murder.

The circumstances surrounding the abuse and murder of Lazaro were revealed during Cardona’s trial. When Cardona’s well-off, drug-dealing boyfriend was murdered, he left her a $100,000 estate, which she squandered in a matter of months. Cardona had two children from him, the youngest being Lazaro. Cardona, penniless, left her children with friends and family, and they were subsequently taken by the social services. Eventually, the children were returned to their mother, and during this time, Cardona became romantically involved with Olivia Gonzalez-Mendoza. The two women hardly worked, and supported themselves, their children and their drug habits by shoplifting.

After the children were returned to her, Cardona began horrific and frequent abuse of Lazaro, as she blamed him for her fall from wealth. Lazaro was often tied to the bed, locked in a closet, or left in the bathtub with extremely cold or hot water. When his body was found, it was covered in bruises and bedsores and the child weighed only 18 pounds.

On Octover 30, 1990, Cardona split Lazaro’s head open with a baseball bat, and when the child would not stop screaming, she beat him to death. Cardona and Gonzalez-Mendoza dumped the body in a Miami Beach neighborhood, fled to Orlando and were eventually apprehended in St. Cloud.

Medical examiners testified that Lazaro was dying from the extreme abuse and neglect he suffered at the hands of his mother and her lover even before he was fatally beaten with the bat that day. Lazaro had endured numerous tortures prior to his death, suffering brain damage due to untreated meningitis, anemia, malnutrition and spinal cord damage.

Source: Florida Commission on Capital Cases

Read this is you can..it's chilling...and then remember this woman eventually walked FREE

http://www.wfsu.org/gavel2gavel/transcript/00-1366_01-1056.htm

One of the reasons some doubt kc will get the DP

Sunny - This is the stuff nightmares are made of and why it is important to keep this trial in perspective - even when you think it is a slam dunk, or even with a conviction - stuff can and will happen to defy justice. 
I do think it is important to look at painful possibilities that can stop what I think all or most of us feel about this case and what its outcome should be. 
I know last time I brought issues to the board that the defense could use, well lets just say I was not popular.   I'll schoochie over and you can join me on this limb!  LOL I understand the I don't want to hear it, but for me I work from the worst case scenario to the best case scenario last.  I would rather be prepared than surprised, but I think I am odd in that way.

ANJ.....that is exactly why I posted this...I was talking to my friend earlier...the one who's thoughts I posted last night...WHEW!!  Anyway she said there would be a much better chance of kc getting the DP in TC than in Florida...I asked her why. She told me she looked up some DP/Female info for FL and then she sent it to me. She told me to take particular look at the one.  I did and I was really shocked.  If anyone deserved to die it was this Bxxch!!!  She has a couple other interesting observations....and these are just her opinions based on her education and legal experiences.  She thinks there will be some heavy hitting jury consultants. Based on the fact that BOZO has already tried to use the' I am Hispanic' race card. Thinking he will appeal to the Hispanics in the jury pool. But he forgets that kc has pointed the finger at a fathom Hispanic ZFG. She also thinks jurors that watch programs such as CSI will make great jurors.....as this is going to be a forensics based prosecution.  And people who watch these programs will more than likely have a bit better understanding and the forensics will keep their attention (she said it can often get boring and redundant) Also the dowdiness of both female attorneys will give them an advantage...as they present themselves as average women...not high falooting attorneys. But the moment either start talking down to the court they will lose any advantage their dowdiness gave them. She thinks it's going to be a real got it/take it away situation. Baden will be hard pressed to present herself as likable. Lyons will do a better job of that unless she turns teacher.  Gave me pause for thought. BOZO will be a detriment for certain...he has that slick attorney look and he grins all the time....is grinning will not going to bode well in a murder trial. kc will have an advantage being a fairly attractive, young female (with male jurors especially) even when they show photos of her out dancing at the clubs. The photo of her wrapped in the American Flag will NOT bode well with any of the jurors. Nor will her acting so friendly with the male attorneys and/or acting like she is an attorney herself as she has done in the past.   As I said these are just some of her opinions and observations.....but I found them all pretty interesting and will be eager to see how they compare to things at trial.

OMG Sunny - I have had almost all of your friends thoughts - invite her over for coffee on our branch! 
It is going to be a push - pull trial for sure.  If the glove doesn't fit you must acquit will pale in comparison is my worst fear.  This is the thoughts that keep me up at night!  Now, alone in my head as I don't want to bring them to the cage as it was lonely last time!  But, then again it is lonely and scary to think them in my head too!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1721 on: August 14, 2009, 10:55:08 PM »

Someone, either Desi or Klaas said they had read that the duct tape was placed over Cylee mouth's while she was still alive. Does anyone remember that? If so, any idea where I could find that info? 
Sunny,I have this link to an article.That's all I have right now,as I was heading out for the evening.   an angelic monkey  Hope it helps.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/topic/ktla-caylee-autopsy,0,5934016.story

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1722 on: August 14, 2009, 10:58:45 PM »

Someone, either Desi or Klaas said they had read that the duct tape was placed over Cylee mouth's while she was still alive. Does anyone remember that? If so, any idea where I could find that info? 
Hi, Sunny!  I read where Klaas said that.  It wasn't me.

IIRC, people were trying to interpret Dr. G's wording.  Her autopsy report stated that the tape was placed over Caylee's mouth/face "before decomposition occurred" or something to that effect.

The quibble is that technically. decomposition begins at the moment of death, hence a strict literal interpretation would imply that it was placed there before she died.  But Dr. G could alternatively been referring to the actual physical decomposition of the tissues under that duct tape.... hence the original confusion.

Maybe Klaas since found another source that specified what she meant.  I haven't seen that yet, so it was still up in the air in my mind.   (Back to catching up....)

Seems to me I heard this discussed on Nancy, JVM or Prime Time with MIKE!   My guess as to which show is the order typed.  I watch and record all three each day and I am positive I have heard the duct tape was on prior to death -in some experts opinion or as a fact.  If you find it - link us all for a refresher!
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1723 on: August 14, 2009, 10:59:26 PM »

Hi sirensong, good to see you!

Hey Klass!!   Thanks for acknowledging my presence!!  I'm always around lurking.  All our monkeys are so smart and observant, I feel I don't even have to post!!  They have already said everything I am thinking!!

I am so very sick of all these people, especially lawyers and grandparents, that are profiting on Caylee's murder.  Reading about these women that didn't wind up with the punishment they deserved in Florida really scares me.  I can only pray Casey doesn't squirm out of the punishment she deserves.  I also hope they charge GA & CA for obstruction.  It is so obvious who they are looking out for, and it is unimaginable to me that they have not once shown any true love for their precious granddaughter.  I get so mad just thinking about it. 

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1724 on: August 14, 2009, 11:00:07 PM »

IIRC, people were trying to interpret Dr. G's wording.  Her autopsy report stated that the tape was placed over Caylee's mouth/face "before decomposition occurred" or something to that effect.

The quibble is that technically. decomposition begins at the moment of death, hence a strict literal interpretation would imply that it was placed there before she died.  But Dr. G could alternatively been referring to the actual physical decomposition of the tissues under that duct tape.... hence the original confusion.

Maybe Klaas since found another source that specified what she meant.  I haven't seen that yet, so it was still up in the air in my mind.   (Back to catching up....)

Desi thanks so much. I asked her about her theory of what might be used as a defense and then asked about the duct tape....her thoughts were ....this is kinda icky so bear with me....after death the jaw goes slack and the mouth forms an O....she referred to it as the Death O.....she thinks kc might have put the tape on Caylee's mouth to close it from the O position.   If it was put on BEFORE death then this is not valid of course.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1725 on: August 14, 2009, 11:01:21 PM »

OOPS, I meant KLAAS!!       Sorry bout that!! 
Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1726 on: August 14, 2009, 11:02:53 PM »

Seems to me I heard this discussed on Nancy, JVM or Prime Time with MIKE!   My guess as to which show is the order typed.  I watch and record all three each day and I am positive I have heard the duct tape was on prior to death -in some experts opinion or as a fact.  If you find it - link us all for a refresher!

Makes me wonder if there was hair on that tape with and without a death band. If hair was pulled out in the process of applying the tape while she was alive and stuck to the tape I would assume it would have no death band. Ive not seen any evidence on this yet but it will be interesting to know.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1727 on: August 14, 2009, 11:07:38 PM »

OMG Sunny - I have had almost all of your friends thoughts - invite her over for coffee on our branch! 
It is going to be a push - pull trial for sure.  If the glove doesn't fit you must acquit will pale in comparison is my worst fear.  This is the thoughts that keep me up at night!  Now, alone in my head as I don't want to bring them to the cage as it was lonely last time!  But, then again it is lonely and scary to think them in my head too!

I have tried several times including today to join us....she does peek in from time to time....  Please don't worry about bringing your thoughts here.....we have got to be open to all thoughts. There is so much we don't know. I will never let you be lonely or skeered   Seriously L, my friend, said in her opinion the forensics are gonna knock our socks off. She is a forensics nut and assured me the Body Farm ROCKS!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1728 on: August 14, 2009, 11:09:58 PM »

Sunny,I have this link to an article.That's all I have right now,as I was heading out for the evening.   an angelic monkey  Hope it helps.

trim...thank you....this is great....Good Night...pleasant freams

from the article.

Duct tape was placed over Caylee Anthony's mouth after her body began to decompose, according to an autopsy released Friday.

There was no trauma visible on the "completely skeletonized" remains of the little girl, but the report agrees with authorities' contention that she was killed. It still does not say how she died.

The tape was still attached to head hair, and the skull was separate from the other body parts, said Dr. Jan Garavaglia, chief medical examiner for Orange County.

"This duct tape was clearly placed prior to decomposition, keeping the mandible in place," she says in the report. Garavaglia said animals had scattered the bones after decomposition began.

Rest in Peace Caylee

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1729 on: August 14, 2009, 11:11:34 PM »

I have tried several times including today to join us....she does peek in from time to time....  Please don't worry about bringing your thoughts here.....we have got to be open to all thoughts. There is so much we don't know. I will never let you be lonely or skeered   Seriously L, my friend, said in her opinion the forensics are gonna knock our socks off. She is a forensics nut and assured me the Body Farm ROCKS!!!

I do think it will be a FORENSICS FEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now, Sunny-N-Texas friend - get your butt in here!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is brain candy and it is more fun with more !!!!!!!

My answer to the bolded part:  Ditto and 
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1730 on: August 14, 2009, 11:12:35 PM »

I fell pretty sure they take most of that jewelry and those Caylee buttons off when no one's around to see them.  I wnder how they really feel about their Caylee uniforms.

Well, nice discussing with you, but I need to go. Life calls and I'm heading out.  Have a great afternoon/night.  If you can, get out and enjoy some sunshine, blue sky, fresh air, mountain/beach views- whatever you've got that makes you glad to be alive today.  Take good care!

Hey ISPy.Great advice.Sorry I missed you.   an angelic monkey
Hey Trimm!  *OT* Five for Fighting-"100 Years" is one of my favs too.  Life is such a gift and it goes by so very fast.  This song so perfectly captures that.
"Teach me to number my days aright that I may gain a heart of wisdom."  Psalm 90:12  I just wish the Anthonys could see just how fleeting life is, in the scope of things. Cindy & George are living on borrowed time.  I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I missed it and for what?  Keeping up appearances?  How sad.  I wish they would just, for once, really be honest with themselves and allow themselves to break.  IMO, they've had hard hearts for a loooooong time.  I've just ever met anyone like them.  If they don't change, it's not going to be pretty at all.  How can they not see it? IMO, Cindy chose Casey over Caylee the moment she removed those pants.  Why would you wash pants from a decomp-smelling car if you can't find your daughter or your grand-daughter (as Cindy stated she had "just found" Casey in the 911 calls)?  You would only do that if you knew your daughter was alive.  Yet Cindy tells LE on the 911 calls that she "had just found her missing daughter " that day.  Cindy was posting online and Casey was posting online during the "missing" timeframe.  Something is bothering me about this.  I'm having a very hard time believing someone (Lee) didn't know where Casey was or couldn't piece it together.  Are we really supposed to believe Cindy, George, and Lee didn't know who any of Casey's friends were and where to find them, to find her from June 15th-July 15th.  Why didn't Cindy send Lee to stake out a few clubs?  Something isn't fitting here for me. 

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1731 on: August 14, 2009, 11:12:49 PM »

trim...thank you....this is great....Good Night...pleasant freams  DREAMS!!!

from the article.

Duct tape was placed over Caylee Anthony's mouth after her body began to decompose, according to an autopsy released Friday.

There was no trauma visible on the "completely skeletonized" remains of the little girl, but the report agrees with authorities' contention that she was killed. It still does not say how she died.

The tape was still attached to head hair, and the skull was separate from the other body parts, said Dr. Jan Garavaglia, chief medical examiner for Orange County.

"This duct tape was clearly placed prior to decomposition, keeping the mandible in place," she says in the report. Garavaglia said animals had scattered the bones after decomposition began.

self-edit...that's it..time to get ready for bed...I can't see tonight!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1732 on: August 14, 2009, 11:16:45 PM »

Hi sirensong, good to see you!

Hey Klass!!   Thanks for acknowledging my presence!!  I'm always around lurking.  All our monkeys are so smart and observant, I feel I don't even have to post!!  They have already said everything I am thinking!!

I am so very sick of all these people, especially lawyers and grandparents, that are profiting on Caylee's murder.  Reading about these women that didn't wind up with the punishment they deserved in Florida really scares me.  I can only pray Casey doesn't squirm out of the punishment she deserves.  I also hope they charge GA & CA for obstruction.  It is so obvious who they are looking out for, and it is unimaginable to me that they have not once shown any true love for their precious granddaughter.  I get so mad just thinking about it. 

Hi sirensog...I haven't seen you in a long time.  I was surprised at how few women over the years had gotten the DP and then to see their sentences changed..was shocking.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1733 on: August 14, 2009, 11:19:38 PM »

I do think it will be a FORENSICS FEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now, Sunny-N-Texas friend - get your butt in here!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is brain candy and it is more fun with more !!!!!!!

My answer to the bolded part:  Ditto and 

I think the forensics reports we haven't seen are going to be bombs bursting in air...What ever happened to the maggots...ugh I hate to even say that word.   I am afraid the brain candy has gotten to me tonight....I am beat....peace to all...and sleep well!!  I am going to get the big moniter tomorrow and then even when I am tired I'll be able to see!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1734 on: August 14, 2009, 11:20:42 PM »

trim...thank you....this is great....Good Night...pleasant freams

from the article.

Is it just me or did the reporter contradict themselves? 
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1735 on: August 14, 2009, 11:22:46 PM »

from the article.

O.k., need help here.  Am I just dense or what?  The article begins with the tape was placed over the mouth after decomposition began.  However, if I'm reading this correctly, that is not what Dr. Garavaglia actually said (bolded in red-sorry everyone!).  Is the lead-in, the Orlando Sentinel reporter's summation or did Dr. Garavaglia further elaborate elsewhere?

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1736 on: August 14, 2009, 11:23:17 PM »

Good to see you too, Sunny!  It is shocking.  It is shocking how much evil goes unpunished. 

Well, off to bed, have to get up early.  Take care all!  And thank you all for seeing that Caylee is not forgotten, and keeping her close to your hearts!  It is heartbreaking, but it is making a difference!! 
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1737 on: August 14, 2009, 11:26:38 PM »

from the article.

O.k., need help here.  Am I just dense or what?  The article begins with the tape was placed over the mouth after decomposition began.  However, if I'm reading this correctly, that is not what Dr. Garavaglia actually said (bolded in red-sorry everyone!).  Is the lead-in, the Orlando Sentinel reporter's summation or did Dr. Garavaglia further elaborate elsewhere?

I spy - look up at my post!  It is not just you - it is at least me too!
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1738 on: August 14, 2009, 11:26:41 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys!   TGIF!

Desi, I was very happy to see that you posted last night! I have missed you and all that you bring to the cage. Please don't stay away so long.

Bearly, Yes I do read your posts and all posts. Your post last night on when justice will come for Caylee was a great reminder to us all. Thank you!

Gizzie, Is this the picture of Mallory you were referring to? 

Tupelohoney-great job!  I looked and looked for that pick.  I remember posting sometime back because the hairstyle/makeup reminded me of Casey.  I never thought to look for a ring.  Monkeys strike again!

Desi-  Good to see you!  Not sure what's been going on with you, but I'll respect your privacy. I do miss your thought-provoking posts though...good stuff.  Excellent post yesterday, as usual.  Like you, I've put myself up in the rafters for awhile.  My personal responsibilities come first.  God didn't need my help to find Caylee and He won't need my help to convict Casey (and possibly Cindy & George) too.  Sometimes I forget that...working on it. 
  Great perspective, ISpy!  (As usual.)  We do the sleuthing mostly for our own peace of mind and for each other; and because we care about the outcome and want to help.  But you are so right, IMO.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1739 on: August 14, 2009, 11:27:37 PM »

Good to see you too, Sunny!  It is shocking.  It is shocking how much evil goes unpunished. 

Well, off to bed, have to get up early.  Take care all!  And thank you all for seeing that Caylee is not forgotten, and keeping her close to your hearts!  It is heartbreaking, but it is making a difference!! 

Hold the door, I will join you and don't be a stranger. 

Night monkeys !!!!!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.