March 19, 2024, 04:08:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum #3 7/28/09 - 8/26/09  (Read 513401 times)
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1880 on: August 19, 2009, 06:11:17 PM »

Thanks for posting the link and the article on the 3 year old girl in Yreka..

Here is some updated info on that case..

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2009/03/04/kody-kaplon-helped-himself/

http://www.theweeklyvice.com/2009/03/kody-kaplon-california-man-jailed-after.html

Thanks for that Edward as I had looked for updates and not found any.

Thanks for the message  News Junkie and Haddie.  I am out the door back to work right now but am anxious to see what can be learned to hopefully put the puzzle pieces in place as to what happened to Lindsey.  See you tonight!  xox
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1881 on: August 19, 2009, 06:15:15 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1882 on: August 19, 2009, 09:53:23 PM »

oh miss Muffy...i wouldn't stay up to wait for it if i were you.... an angelic monkey

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1883 on: August 19, 2009, 10:19:27 PM »

I don't think we'll need to stay up for this one, mamacrazy  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1884 on: August 20, 2009, 12:01:42 AM »

If somebody suggested that she was put into a water tower.. That would not happen as the water test samples would show it. water companies have to test water all the time..

Septic tanks on the other hand have been used many times over the years..
In a wilderness environment her body would be placed within a hundred yards of a road, like a logging road that is rarely traveled.. Someplace where the culprit could feel safe in parking.
If the ground is soft she could be buried or something put on top of the body like rocks or even tree debris.

No, I was just focusing on the image the person saw, and coming up with ideas to what the sattelite/towers could be. I'm not even sure where the water tower in McCleary is. I do know that a lot of people who live on the outskirts of town have wells to supply their water.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1885 on: August 20, 2009, 10:56:41 PM »

I am amazed they keep saying 4 short blocks.  When I look at the photos, it seems more like 8 blocks to me.  It appears to be quite a distance.  1/2 mile or more. Is there a pictue of the block and houses where she was last seen? (or presumably last seen)

Latest Map: Credit to jvk over yonder:

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1886 on: August 20, 2009, 11:27:09 PM »

Lindsey Baum ~ Still Missing

I hope you had a nice vacation, Janet!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1887 on: August 20, 2009, 11:28:15 PM »

There was a confirmed sighting of Lindsey at 5th and Maple on the evening of June 26, 2009.  Why would Lindsey have backtracked and taken the 6th Street route?

Janet

++++++++

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #992 on: July 04, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »

When Lindsey left my house she headed down maple street - my daughter watched her until the neighbors trees got in the way that would have been before she hit the corner of 7th and Maple.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864342;topicseen

ABC News – June 30, 2009

Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2

The Daily World - July 2, 2009

Scott said a second person came forward Tuesday with a confirmed sighting of Baum from Friday night in the same area along Maple Street near Fifth Street.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mvdswaluw
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1888 on: August 21, 2009, 02:37:03 AM »

If somebody suggested that she was put into a water tower.. That would not happen as the water test samples would show it. water companies have to test water all the time..

Septic tanks on the other hand have been used many times over the years..
In a wilderness environment her body would be placed within a hundred yards of a road, like a logging road that is rarely traveled.. Someplace where the culprit could feel safe in parking.
If the ground is soft she could be buried or something put on top of the body like rocks or even tree debris.

No, I was just focusing on the image the person saw, and coming up with ideas to what the sattelite/towers could be. I'm not even sure where the water tower in McCleary is. I do know that a lot of people who live on the outskirts of town have wells to supply their water.

I've also read this. http://psychicsunitetofindmissingchildren.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-08-09T16%3A18%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=7

My attention gets drawn towards Shelton. There is a harbor there, and there is a hotel at Satsop Ave (satellite ?). The next road parallel is Seatlle Ave.
http://maps.google.nl/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=nl&q=hotel&sll=47.205473,-123.108201&sspn=0.011444,0.03577&ie=UTF8&radius=0.84&ev=p&ei=RTuOSpvtOZ6EOIOp_bgB&cd=3&usq=hotel&geocode=FYA90AIdxpmp-A&cid=2936993140261271245&li=lmd&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A. There is also Super 8 hotel in Shelton.

And the hotel sign described also seems to be there... http://flickr.com/photos/mytravelphotos/3033023461/

"Wooded area that keeps changing" could point to the mill in the harbor. The tower described could easily be one of the buidlings of the Simpson lumber mill.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ccWJg29QyRw/Sn8rlpJoQdI/AAAAAAAAALg/HGnuZEGyqTM/s1600-h/Lindsey+1.jpg
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/19427302

This is only what i've found in 15mins of google maps and google pictures. Pershaps locals can see even more things in common. 
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1889 on: August 21, 2009, 08:31:44 AM »

I am amazed they keep saying 4 short blocks.  When I look at the photos, it seems more like 8 blocks to me.  It appears to be quite a distance.  1/2 mile or more. Is there a pictue of the block and houses where she was last seen? (or presumably last seen)

According to Google Maps, that walk is .58 miles. 

Still no sign of Lindsey.  Sad 

Haddie McFaddies Mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1890 on: August 21, 2009, 08:42:47 AM »

There was a confirmed sighting of Lindsey at 5th and Maple on the evening of June 26, 2009.  Why would Lindsey have backtracked and taken the 6th Street route?

Janet

++++++++

KaraK
« Reply #992 on: July 04, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »

When Lindsey left my house she headed down maple street - my daughter watched her until the neighbors trees got in the way that would have been before she hit the corner of 7th and Maple.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864342;topicseen

ABC News – June 30, 2009

Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2

The Daily World - July 2, 2009

Scott said a second person came forward Tuesday with a confirmed sighting of Baum from Friday night in the same area along Maple Street near Fifth Street.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403

I guess if we're going to quote KK regarding her statements about Lindsey's route, we should go all the way back to her first and original statements that were made prior to the one shown here on July 4, 2009 -

on: July 01, 2009, 01:25:22 PM
"For some of the other posters regarding the camera's and Lindsey's route: From a possible witness on the night that Lindsey disappeared she did not take her regular route home. If that is true she would not have had to come through an area where she would have been picked up on those camera's. Instead she would have been headed up 6th street hill into a strictly residential area where there are no businesses which would be consistent with the original trail said to have been picked up by the dogs."

and on:July 01, 2009, 01:58:16 PM
"- The path that Lindsey is said to have taken home that night is not normal - as far as when she is leaving my home and heading to hers but it is a street that she is familiar with and has a friend who lives on that street. So there is a good chance that she was bored and possibly was going to ask to stay the night elsewhere or just felt like walking."
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1891 on: August 21, 2009, 10:49:04 AM »

Maddie McFaddies Mom

The confirmed sighting of Lindsey on 5th Street was two block further along the Maple Street route from where Michaela Kampen's last sighting of Lindsey on 7th Street.  According to the map ... this would imply that Lindsey would have had to backtrack along Maple Street if she made the decision or was forced to take the 6th Street route when she was just a short distance from her home.

I tend to believe that this little girl made it as far as the Shell Station and ... then something bad happened.  I could be wrong.

Janet

++++++++

THE BIKE

ABC News - June 30, 2009

Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.  Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

KARA KAMPEN - IN HER OWN WORDS

Kara Kampen:
  The conversation was apparently quite short and consisted of little more then a "Josh you need to go home" Josh trying to explain what was going on and the girls asking the lady to tell Josh to go home again.   

Kara Kampen:  Josh had gotten into so many spats that honestly were in a large part things he did not start but because he was the oldest he was the one who got in trouble. I've set down kids I've never met before to have a talk with them because I heard that they were antagonizing him to see if he'd blow up.

The Daily World - July 3, 2009

Kampen said she has replayed that Friday evening in her head over and over. So has her daughter, Michaela, 10, who spent the day swimming with Lindsey. They walked together with Josh Baum, 13, to the Kampen house. But halfway there, Michaela said they teased Josh, getting under his skin ...

http://**/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

DID JOSH GO HOME AS INSTRUCTED?

Quote from: Northern Rose on July 08, 2009, 03:51:16 PM

Bike was left behind Shell, fight took place on Maple where neighbour sent Josh away.

Where did he go from there? 
Who picked up the bike as it was left at the Shell?
Did he go straight home and was anyone there?
Was he home at 9:15 - 9:30?

KaraK
« Reply #1653 on: July 08, 2009, 08:48:14 PM »

1) I can't answer the first one because I was told he went home but was not there myself.
2) The bike stayed at the Shell station. It was not picked up until 2 to 3 days after.
3) Josh's mom was home but again for the same reason as 1 I can not factually say he went straight home.
4) ?

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1892 on: August 21, 2009, 12:37:03 PM »

THE SHELL STATION

Was there an employee at the Shell Station between 9:15 PM and 10:00 PM on the evening of Lindsey's disappearance?

Thank you.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1893 on: August 21, 2009, 01:02:30 PM »

Why was Lindsey Baum not concerned that BOTH Josh and Lindsey were not home by the curfew time of 10:00 PM ... only Lindsey?

Could it be that Josh Baum DID conform to the family friend's instructions and ... returned home immediately following the argument he had with his sister?

When the argument is considered why is the topic of Josh Baum a non-issue in the media ... press releases ... forums ....?

Janet

+++++++

Quote from: Tamikosmom on July 05, 2009, 04:03:25 AM

What time did Melissa contact you with her concern that the girls had not returned home?

KaraK
« Reply #1085 on: July 05, 2009, 05:39:45 AM »

I believe it was 10:25 when I got the call. I am not sure if she tried previous to that because my battery was drained and charging and I have a majorly cheap phone that works only when it wants to.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864836;topicseen#msg864836

ABC News - June 30, 2009

Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

"When she wasn't home by 10, I started to get nervous," Baum said, adding that 10 p.m. is the curfew for her children.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1894 on: August 21, 2009, 01:07:53 PM »

Self Edit

Why was Lindsey Baum ... s/b Why was Melissa Baum ...

_____

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1895 on: August 21, 2009, 01:24:29 PM »

Desparate search for missing girl, Lindsey Baum
McCleary, WA. Lindsey Baum was walking home from a friend's house in the small town of McCleary, Washington on June 26, 2009 when she disappeared. “It's like she literally vanished,” said Melissa Baum, Lindsey's mother.

Despite extensive, well coordinated searches by law enforcement, Lindsey is still missing. Lindsey's mother has called on two national non-profit organizations, the KlaasKIDS Foundation and Laura Recovery Center (LRC), to organize a community volunteer search.

Brad Dennis, Director of Search Operations for the KlaasKIDS Foundation said they will be holding a community meeting at 7pm Thursday, August 27, 2009 at the McCleary Community Center.  Community members are encouraged to attend and learn about the two organizations and plans for the weekend search. The McCleary Community Center is located at 726 W. Simpson Ave, McCleary, Washington 98577.

Individuals who would like to participate in the search for Lindsey should check in at the McCleary Community Center between the hours of 9 am and 4:30 pm on Friday, August 28th. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and bring photo identification. “Dress appropriately for the weather, wear long pants and sturdy, covered toe shoes. We need people who can do foot searches as well as individuals who are willing to work in the search center explained Dennis.  Volunteers are not required to attend the community meeting. In addition, we are looking for donations of bottled water, office supplies and the use of a copier.”

For more information about the search or information on how you can donate supplies, volunteers can call the LRC toll free number 866-898-5723.

The KlaasKIDS Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization determined to stop crimes against children and assists families of missing children. Please visit www.klaaskids.org for more information.

http://www.sequimgazette.com/gazettetop/articleDetail.exm/Index/article/2009-08-21_Desparate_search_for_missing_girl__Lindsey_Baum/

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1896 on: August 21, 2009, 01:30:07 PM »

According to Google Maps, that walk is .58 miles. 

Still no sign of Lindsey.  Sad 

Thanks JessStar.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1897 on: August 21, 2009, 01:45:23 PM »

Desparate search for missing girl, Lindsey Baum
McCleary, WA. Lindsey Baum was walking home from a friend's house in the small town of McCleary, Washington on June 26, 2009 when she disappeared. “It's like she literally vanished,” said Melissa Baum, Lindsey's mother.

Despite extensive, well coordinated searches by law enforcement, Lindsey is still missing. Lindsey's mother has called on two national non-profit organizations, the KlaasKIDS Foundation and Laura Recovery Center (LRC), to organize a community volunteer search.

Brad Dennis, Director of Search Operations for the KlaasKIDS Foundation said they will be holding a community meeting at 7pm Thursday, August 27, 2009 at the McCleary Community Center.  Community members are encouraged to attend and learn about the two organizations and plans for the weekend search. The McCleary Community Center is located at 726 W. Simpson Ave, McCleary, Washington 98577.

Individuals who would like to participate in the search for Lindsey should check in at the McCleary Community Center between the hours of 9 am and 4:30 pm on Friday, August 28th. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and bring photo identification. “Dress appropriately for the weather, wear long pants and sturdy, covered toe shoes. We need people who can do foot searches as well as individuals who are willing to work in the search center explained Dennis.  Volunteers are not required to attend the community meeting. In addition, we are looking for donations of bottled water, office supplies and the use of a copier.”

For more information about the search or information on how you can donate supplies, volunteers can call the LRC toll free number 866-898-5723.

The KlaasKIDS Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization determined to stop crimes against children and assists families of missing children. Please visit www.klaaskids.org for more information.

http://www.sequimgazette.com/gazettetop/articleDetail.exm/Index/article/2009-08-21_Desparate_search_for_missing_girl__Lindsey_Baum/

Thanks Lovinlife

This is such good news.

Melissa Baum must be thankful.

Janet

+++++++

The Daily World - August 2, 2009

From the front step of her nearby home, Melissa Baum can almost see its intersection with Fifth Street where her 11-year-old daughter took her last known steps into oblivion.

“I feel like she’s right under my nose and I can’t find her,” she said.

p://**/articles/2009/08/02/local_news/doc4a75285b085b5140001671.txt

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1898 on: August 21, 2009, 02:31:56 PM »

So happy to hear there will be a search, thanks Lovin  an angelic monkey
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1899 on: August 21, 2009, 05:58:39 PM »

Victims' Advocates Say Kids at Risk After Massachusetts Ruling on Sex Offenders
Friday, August 21, 2009

A Massachusetts court ruling that sex offenders convicted before 2006 cannot automatically be forced to wear a GPS monitoring device has put every child in the state in danger, a victims' rights group says.

In the 4-3 ruling on Tuesday, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court ruled that retroactively forcing sex offenders convicted more than three years ago to wear the tracking devices violates state and federal constitutions.

Debbie Savoia, vice president of Community Voices, a victims' rights group, said the ruling is a "slap in the face" to every sex crime victim in the state and a threat to public safety.

"I'm very angry," she told FOXNews.com. "It's all about the criminal's rights. What about the victims?"

Savoia saw the effects of the state's highest court's ruling Wednesday when she attended a hearing for Ralph Goodwin, who was convicted in 1990 of kidnapping and raping a 7-year-old boy. Goodwin was released on probation earlier this year after the state determined he was no longer dangerous.

Superior Court Judge Kathe Tuttman was asked by prosecutors to require Goodwin to wear a GPS device on his ankle while he lives in Lowell, and Tuttman said she was "legally prohibited" from forcing him to wear the tracking device.

"He's an extremely dangerous man, and the fact that he's not being monitored 24/7 is an issue," Savoia said. "I feel like every kid in Massachusetts is in danger. His crime was absolutely horrible.

"I've spoken to the [boy's] mother, and the pain in that woman is horrific and the fear is he'll do it to another child, and he probably will."

Middlesex District Attorney Gerald Leone Jr., who sought GPS monitoring for Goodwin, was also disappointed by Tuttman's decision.

"GPS monitoring of convicted sex offenders is an important, preventative tool to monitor the whereabouts of defendants who have preyed on victims and demonstrated a likelihood of reoffending," Leone said in a statement. "[Wednesday's] decision does not alter our opinion that it remains within the court's discretion to impose GPS monitoring for this class of criminal offenders, nor will it deter us from continuing to argue for this monitoring for other sexual offenders in the interest of public safety."

Coria Holland, spokeswoman for Probation Commissioner John O'Brien, said "every sex offender case" is currently being reviewed as a result of the court ruling.

Massachusetts currently monitors 82 sex offenders with GPS devices. An additional 221 sex offenders in the state are wanted for violating conditions of their parole. In 2006, the state passed the GPS provision as part of several changes to its Sex Offender Registry Law. Among the changes: homeless sex offenders must register every 45 days, rather than every 90 days, and the most egregious sex offenders are prohibited from living in nursing homes.

Jeannine Mercure, Goodwin's attorney, could not be reached for comment on Thursday. She had objected to the GPS request, arguing that Goodwin receives psychiatric counseling and is visited by a nurse daily to ensure he takes required medications.

Goodwin's neighbors in Lowell told FOXNews.com they were "shocked" by the court's decision.

"If I had children, you bet it would concern me," said one woman who asked not to be identified.

"What this guy did, he's got a serious problem and that doesn't just go away. We have lots of kids in this development."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,541580,00.html

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.