March 19, 2024, 01:55:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum #3 7/28/09 - 8/26/09  (Read 513381 times)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2009, 07:00:54 PM »

Exactly Rose. Totally foreign to me. I've taken my little girl's friends home on numerous occasions. Of course, so much is rumor, who knows what to believe.

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2009, 07:43:45 PM »

I'm back.   when I posted the "local rumor mill" info I was very careful to be sure to say "LOCAL RUMOR MILL" .  I think if someone came on the board to read and came in the middle of this they would start thinking this "IS" (fact) what happened.  I really try not to bring any "rumor mill" info to the board.  I have had and still do have a lot of "rumor mill" info and this is the first time I have shared any of it.  I don't like "rumor mill" info unless it starts to add up to other things in the case that it might substaniate.  I pe

rsonally do not want to start rumors. 

I think perhaps when we discuss the "rumor mill" info we might want to ALWAY add "rumor mill" info.  If we don't it will get a few pages down the line and others will read it and start saying it as fact.  ugh. 

but like it said, it is the same if someone from mccleary comes to the board and posts, it's still rumor really.  whether they post it on the board or they email it to me, it is all the same, so I thought perhaps I should share the "rumor mill" info.  Now I am not so sure. 
gee sorry and hope no one gets confused. 

perhaps I should have never said anything... ugh...

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2009, 07:50:41 PM »

Police chase leads on missing McCleary girl

Searchers returned to the streets of McCleary under a brutal sun Tuesday to follow up on new leads in the hunt for 11-year-old Lindsey Baum, according to The Daily World of Aberdeen.

About 25 officers and searchers with dogs braved near-record temperatures to re-canvass areas of town, Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said.

A recent $6,000 reward for information in the missing girl’s case has produced a new wave of tips, Scott said. Surrounding law enforcement agencies including the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office and the Aberdeen Police Department sent officers to help perform follow-up searches and interviews.

About six core investigators have been leading the effort to find Lindsey, who disappeared while walking a few blocks home June 26. The detectives have found no evidence explaining the 4-foot-9, brown-haired girl’s disappearance, but they continue sorting through thousands of tips.

Officers and volunteers knocked on doors throughout town Tuesday, asking new questions and trying to reach people missed in previous interviews, Scott said.

Two teams with cadaver search dogs also roamed the town, he said, but the hot conditions limited the available scents and quickly wore out the dogs.

Scott said detectives and extra officers expect to follow up on new tips in town for at least the rest of the week. He asked anyone with any potentially helpful information to call 866-915-8299.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/partners/theolympian/story/827963.html

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2009, 08:03:36 PM »

I'm back.   when I posted the "local rumor mill" info I was very careful to be sure to say "LOCAL RUMOR MILL" .  I think if someone came on the board to read and came in the middle of this they would start thinking this "IS" (fact) what happened.  I really try not to bring any "rumor mill" info to the board.  I have had and still do have a lot of "rumor mill" info and this is the first time I have shared any of it.  I don't like "rumor mill" info unless it starts to add up to other things in the case that it might substaniate.  I pe

I think perhaps when we discuss the "rumor mill" info we might want to ALWAY add "rumor mill" info.  If we don't it will get a few pages down the line and others will read it and start saying it as fact.  ugh. 

but like it said, it is the same if someone from mccleary comes to the board and posts, it's still rumor really.  whether they post it on the board or they email it to me, it is all the same, so I thought perhaps I should share the "rumor mill" info.  Now I am not so sure. 

I personally would like to hear the rumors from the locals.  I do agree that we should tag if from 'rumor mill', but I would like to know what the talk around the town is.  You never know when there is a thread that links, or truth involved that ties in to something else.  I understand your position though.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2009, 08:05:47 PM »

Police chase leads on missing McCleary girl

Searchers returned to the streets of McCleary under a brutal sun Tuesday to follow up on new leads in the hunt for 11-year-old Lindsey Baum, according to The Daily World of Aberdeen.

About 25 officers and searchers with dogs braved near-record temperatures to re-canvass areas of town, Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said.

A recent $6,000 reward for information in the missing girl’s case has produced a new wave of tips, Scott said. Surrounding law enforcement agencies including the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office and the Aberdeen Police Department sent officers to help perform follow-up searches and interviews.

About six core investigators have been leading the effort to find Lindsey, who disappeared while walking a few blocks home June 26. The detectives have found no evidence explaining the 4-foot-9, brown-haired girl’s disappearance, but they continue sorting through thousands of tips.

Officers and volunteers knocked on doors throughout town Tuesday, asking new questions and trying to reach people missed in previous interviews, Scott said.

Two teams with cadaver search dogs also roamed the town, he said, but the hot conditions limited the available scents and quickly wore out the dogs.

Scott said detectives and extra officers expect to follow up on new tips in town for at least the rest of the week. He asked anyone with any potentially helpful information to call 866-915-8299.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/partners/theolympian/story/827963.html

Why no "new" news coming from them if they are still there?  Appears to be confirmation of cadaver search dogs. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2009, 08:26:13 PM »

As of now it is rumored that she stopped at another friend's house after leaving Michaela's house, and that she was scared. And if that is true, what a shame nobody walked her home. I guess what I'm wondering is if that happened was it dark when she left the second friend's house?

If this is true ... inquiring minds want to know was this was not revealed at the getgo.  I contend it would be consider obstruction of an investigation .

Something is not right.

If investigators knew that Lindsey was not last observed by a neighbour two blocks from her home on Maple and ... she had taken another route to a friend's home ...  this info should have been publicly released immediately.

Janet

++++++

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott

ABC News – June 30, 2009

Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2

The Daily World - July 2, 2009

Scott said a second person came forward Tuesday with a confirmed sighting of Baum from Friday night in the same area along Maple Street near Fifth Street.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2009, 08:43:34 PM »

As of now it is rumored that she stopped at another friend's house after leaving Michaela's house, and that she was scared. And if that is true, what a shame nobody walked her home. I guess what I'm wondering is if that happened was it dark when she left the second friend's house?

If this is true ... inquiring minds want to know was this was not revealed at the getgo.  I contend it would be consider obstruction of an investigation .

Something is not right.

If investigators knew that Lindsey was not last observed by a neighbour two blocks from her home on Maple and ... she had taken another route to a friend's home ...  this info should have been publicly released immediately.

Janet

++++++

ABC News – June 30, 2009

Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2

The Daily World - July 2, 2009

Scott said a second person came forward Tuesday with a confirmed sighting of Baum from Friday night in the same area along Maple Street near Fifth Street.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403

Well, as DD said, it is just a rumor.  Even possible the "other friend" lived on Maple?? 

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2009, 11:42:37 PM »

so one more thing "I" am thinking here

maybe she really did start down maple, get scared and double back on 6th to get away from this car?  that would explain why the dog trailing at first ended up on 6th and stopped and it would have been the freshest scent so that would make it to where the maple trail would not count. 

be careful..i posted that before when karak was on the board and got major backlash...my line of thought as well....she was trying to go back the entire time...to a safe place, or a place she thought was safe.

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #268 on: July 30, 2009, 11:52:28 PM »

okay..gonna' break this down...we have no info on this...le is a mess and so is the press...sorry ya'll but all we have is broken info...karaK did help for a second but then vanished....is her info correct?  can we believe what she says?  i don't know?  most think i'm a crack-pot here but thats okay with me--i know my intent and its to help find Lindsey....what do we know for a FACT...
#1:  Lindsey never came home that night....

do we Know and i mean is it a FACT that the broken down bike got to the house?

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #269 on: July 31, 2009, 12:02:16 AM »

maybe she really did start down maple, get scared and double back on 6th to get away from this car?  that would explain why the dog trailing at first ended up on 6th and stopped and it would have been the freshest scent so that would make it to where the maple trail would not count. 

be careful..i posted that before when karak was on the board and got major backlash...my line of thought as well....she was trying to go back the entire time...to a safe place, or a place she thought was safe.

personally, I have always thought she doubled back down 6th.  I have always said that.  I really think someone was after her and she knew it and she was trying to get away from them

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #270 on: July 31, 2009, 12:49:19 AM »

personally, I have always thought she doubled back down 6th.  I have always said that.  I really think someone was after her and she knew it and she was trying to get away from them
just a thought ....
who from???  stranger/know?

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #271 on: July 31, 2009, 02:30:48 AM »

Madibabe - I see you up there, many have been concerned about you.   Can you give us and update?
madibabe
Scared Monkey

im so confuzzzed

« Reply #272 on: July 31, 2009, 02:59:52 AM »

lol you little monkeys can see me?  I just popped on to read any news about little Lindsey. I have been so busy but keeping my eyes mind and ears open for any new developments or clues.
 My daughter was at camp for three days when it was suddenly closed due to a flu like symptoms outbreak. So my baby is super sick. I cant believe that in a matter of a hour timespan 60 campers were sick diarrhea vomiting including counselors. Anyway just wanted to let you know I'm still here and not going anyplace. I email dd when I'm on the road and get a idea. I cant post from my phone for some reason. It jumps around too much when quoting. Sweet Dreams Scared Monkeys See you tomorrow.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #273 on: July 31, 2009, 08:09:13 AM »

Perhaps the reason why so many neighbors have been seemingly uncooperative or unwilling to come forward is their own GUILT for having turned away a scared child that was in danger who has now turned up missing.  Perhaps they could have saved her had they put their grudges aside and understood that it was an innocent 10 year old CHILD that was standing in front of them.  How shameful.  If this is the case, those people chose poorly, and now they have to live with that for the remainder of their lives.  They won't get any sympathy from me.  I'll save my tears for Lindsey.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #274 on: July 31, 2009, 09:08:33 AM »

I posted this on the maps and photos thread but wanted to bring it here also as I didn't know Lindsey was chosen for this program.

This image was taken at the Shop With A Cop(link below),a program where 100 Cops pick a child and they go to a pancake breakfast then shopping for Christmas gifts with $100.00.
Looks like Lindsey was chosen.

http://shopwithacopgraysharbor.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=7

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: July 31, 2009, 10:22:26 AM »

lol you little monkeys can see me?  I just popped on to read any news about little Lindsey. I have been so busy but keeping my eyes mind and ears open for any new developments or clues.
 My daughter was at camp for three days when it was suddenly closed due to a flu like symptoms outbreak. So my baby is super sick. I cant believe that in a matter of a hour timespan 60 campers were sick diarrhea vomiting including counselors. Anyway just wanted to let you know I'm still here and not going anyplace. I email dd when I'm on the road and get a idea. I cant post from my phone for some reason. It jumps around too much when quoting. Sweet Dreams Scared Monkeys See you tomorrow.

Good to hear from you, but take care of your baby - hope she feels better real soon.   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #276 on: July 31, 2009, 10:30:49 AM »

Good to hear from you, but take care of your baby - hope she feels better real soon.   
I hope she feels better soon also, what a terrible experience for the kids at camp.
rebelgirl901
Scared Monkey

« Reply #277 on: July 31, 2009, 11:19:48 AM »

I'm back.   when I posted the "local rumor mill" info I was very careful to be sure to say "LOCAL RUMOR MILL" .  I think if someone came on the board to read and came in the middle of this they would start thinking this "IS" (fact) what happened.  I really try not to bring any "rumor mill" info to the board.  I have had and still do have a lot of "rumor mill" info and this is the first time I have shared any of it.  I don't like "rumor mill" info unless it starts to add up to other things in the case that it might substaniate.  I pe

No that's okay d.d. I know it's rumor, so don't feel bad about posting what you hear, or receive regarding Lindsey.  Although rumor, there could be some hint of the truth in what you are hearing.  Like a lot of have been saying, somebody knows something.  As someone else posted, the reason why they haven't cooprated with l.e. is because they do feel guilty they didn't help Lindsey when they had the chance.  Regardless of how you feel about a family, when it comes to a child, you should never turn your back on them.  I don't understand.  But please don't stop posting any info you have (that you can post).   

Thanks for all your hard work, you have done some amazing research and I truly appreciate your efforts and your contributions to helping find Lindsey.

Justice 4 Natalee/Justice 4 Caylee<br /><br />Where is Lindsey Baum
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: July 31, 2009, 11:40:51 AM »

Perhaps the reason why so many neighbors have been seemingly uncooperative or unwilling to come forward is their own GUILT for having turned away a scared child that was in danger who has now turned up missing.  Perhaps they could have saved her had they put their grudges aside and understood that it was an innocent 10 year old CHILD that was standing in front of them.  How shameful.  If this is the case, those people chose poorly, and now they have to live with that for the remainder of their lives.  They won't get any sympathy from me.  I'll save my tears for Lindsey.

JessStar

Is there credible backup that reveals that residents of McCleary turned away a "scared" Lindsey who was in danger.

In my world ... that would never happen.  My neighbours, friends and family would embrace any child who had a need.

I suspect that many McCleary residents are aware of the underlying dynamics encompassing the Baum household and believe that Lindsey made it home within minutes of being observed by the neighbour who was on her way to work.

In the process of elimination ... I hope that the concerns of McCleary residents in regards to Lindsey's brother were not not disregarded by Undersheriff Rick Scott.  I hope the concerns of Mccleary residents were taken seriously and ... Josh Baum was not ruled out as a person of interest without investigation ... without questioning and ... without searching.

Janet

++++++++

The Olympian - June 30, 2009

Lindsey left her cell phone at home before leaving to play with friends Friday, said Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott. Lindsey’s older brother had left the Maple Street residence before his sister after the two had a dispute over the bike Lindsey had borrowed from him that day – a common occurrence between frequently squabbling siblings, Scott added.

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/896613.html

Residents of McCleary Speak Out

mlachester 1 day ago wrote:

... Its no big secret she had came to my house to call 911 when her brother had done things to her.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html?ocp=2#slcgm_comments_anchor

mlachester 2 hours ago wrote:

I am close to her and I know a lot more than the media or law enforcement are saying right now. … Sorry if you don't like the truth but I have never been one to keep the truth in and she should of been taken the first time she called 911 from my house asking for help instead of put in a police car and taken back to her abuser!"

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor...omments_anchor

mamahead 13 hours ago wrote:

Lindsey has been afraid of her brother for a very long time.  He has threatned her many times. Where is she? And why is the mother not crazy with sadness or emotion. Show us some tears. The friend that Lindsey was last with shows more emotion than the mother. And why was the brother begging for money for fireworks at his little sisters candlelight vigil?

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070609WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-SW.14c01624.html

Lindsey Baum

Lindsey Baum:  Facebook Entry

TWILIGHT FREAK is happy that her brother is going to juvi tomorrow.Mood: happ at 14:10 17 Jun view more

Lindsey Baum is happy that her brother is going to juvie tomorrow.
Mood: Happ at 14:10 17 June

http://www.myspace.com/477760045

Melissa Baum

KING 5 News – July 2, 2009

If a stranger kidnapped 10-year-old Lindsey Baum, her mother says the girl would have put up a fight

“She has very long fingernails,” said Melissa Baum. “Her brother is proof enough of that.”

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070209WAB-mccleary-KS.67b0a9.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: July 31, 2009, 11:57:25 AM »

I have been looking for some true statistics relative to stranger abductions but have not been able to find anything more then supposed professional opinions.. I do not trust most professionals.. There opinions make for good toilet paper most of the time.

When I look at news reports..
  I find that most all of children abducted by strangers, that the child is found murdered or not found at all most of the time.
  In news reports "which may only show a small percentage of cases" I find very few children found alive and happy.
So based on that I would consider 90 percent of stranger abductions that the victim is murdered..
Stranger abductions is a small percentage of abductions as parental abductions appear to be the most common in occurrence.

Anyone who can find true statistics by a government agency who tacks every incident please post a link as I would really like to read it for my own education.
Thank You.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.