March 18, 2024, 08:44:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum #3 7/28/09 - 8/26/09  (Read 513313 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #480 on: August 02, 2009, 01:06:50 AM »

Pink, I remember that happening at my school too!  The guys got into some big trouble, followed by an assembly where the fire marshall spoke.
But I suppose there are some who live in more pefect worlds, have more perfect children, more perfect grandchildren, more perfect neighbors, etc.  But the imperfect world in which I live is where I am planted and therefore where I bloom.
Justice of Lindsey!
P.S.  Good to see you.  Have been busy moving my sister's furniture, etc.  Am exhausted so just lurking for a while.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #481 on: August 02, 2009, 01:08:01 AM »

Janet,
This is the first time I have posted, don't know if I am doing it right.
 But regarding Josh, he had a problem at school this spring, in which the classroom was evacuated, this is public knowledge, told to me by a reliable classmate.  Maybe this had something to do with his juvi thing, I don't know. If the court appearance was due to his mistreating his sister,  I wouldn't think he would be trusted to be the one that was supposed to walk her home. 
Wanna bet he pulled the fire alarm?
My brother did that in grade school and got arrested for it. They don't take that likely.

My brother had to go to court and got a year of court supervision and had to attend some type of class. I forget.

I just called my mom and she said he was charged with a 3rd degree felony and also got a 500 dollar fine.

He would have been charged with a 2nd or 1st degree if anyone would have got hurt evacuating or a firefighter would have got hurt responding to the alarm.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #482 on: August 02, 2009, 01:15:10 AM »

Pink, I remember that happening at my school too!  The guys got into some big trouble, followed by an assembly where the fire marshall spoke.
But I suppose there are some who live in more pefect worlds, have more perfect children, more perfect grandchildren, more perfect neighbors, etc.  But the imperfect world in which I live is where I am planted and therefore where I bloom.
Justice of Lindsey!
P.S.  Good to see you.  Have been busy moving my sister's furniture, etc.  Am exhausted so just lurking for a while.

Good to see you too hon. I am exhausted myself, not moving even my butt though. 

I have been busy since with the little man missing from Idaho, Robert Manwill. Such a tragedy in the making that one. 

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #483 on: August 02, 2009, 09:59:30 AM »

Janet,
 But regarding Josh, he had a problem at school this spring, in which the classroom was evacuated, this is public knowledge, told to me by a reliable classmate.  Maybe this had something to do with his juvi thing, I don't know. If the court appearance was due to his mistreating his sister,  I wouldn't think he would be trusted to be the one that was supposed to walk her home. 
My brother did that in grade school and got arrested for it. They don't take that likely.

My brother had to go to court and got a year of court supervision and had to attend some type of class. I forget.
But then wouldn't the whole school be evacuated instead of just one class room?

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #484 on: August 02, 2009, 10:30:28 AM »

Janet,

But then wouldn't the whole school be evacuated instead of just one class room?
That's true, and I didn't realize the punishment for pulling a fire alarm at school would be that strict.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: August 02, 2009, 12:22:34 PM »

If the fire alarm was pulled … the bell would have started ringing and … the entire school would have been evacuated.

An elementary student setting off a fire alarm would result in a reprimand by school officials and fire authorities but … somehow I do not believe there would legal consequences UNLESS it had happened before.

I contend the class evacuation incident was unrelated to the felony charges that resulted in a guilty plea by Josh.

Think about.  KaraK was uninformed regarding aspects encompassing Josh and the Juvenile Detention System.  Could it be that she was also unaware of the underlying dynamic encompassing the 911 call and the ride home from mlachester’s residence in a police car?

I cannot get past mlacheste claims.  If  I were to obstruct justice by fabricating a story encompassing an incident … I would not involve the small police force of McCleary in that fabrication.  Logic would dictate that my words could be easily disputed.

When all is said and done … this young man certainly had issues that reached beyond the average 12 year old.  This makes me both sad and suspicious.

Monkeys ... felony charges again a 12 year old boy is serious stuff.  How many 12 year olds do you know personally who have been charged with a felony.  I am 62 years of age and ... I do not know one.

Janet

+++++

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #1240 on: July 05, 2009, 10:56:04 PM »

I don't know if he ever actually went to juvie.  All I know for sure is he gets picked on a lot (my kids have participated verbally and been in trouble for this as well) by kids trying to get a reaction - spitting, name calling etc. - To my knowledge that is where most of his trouble has been with little fights amongst kids and complaints from them or their parents.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg865744#msg865744

mlachester 1 day ago wrote:

... Its no big secret she had came to my house to call 911 when her brother had done things to her.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html?ocp=2#slcgm_comments_anchor

mlachester 2 hours ago wrote:

I am close to her and I know a lot more than the media or law enforcement are saying right now. … Sorry if you don't like the truth but I have never been one to keep the truth in and she should of been taken the first time she called 911 from my house asking for help instead of put in a police car and taken back to her abuser!"

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor...omments_anchor

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #486 on: August 02, 2009, 12:52:53 PM »

If the fire alarm was pulled … the bell would have started ringing and … the entire school would have been evacuated.

An elementary student setting off a fire alarm would result in a reprimand by school officials and fire authorities but … somehow I do not believe there would legal consequences UNLESS it had happened before.

I contend the class evacuation incident was unrelated to the felony charges that resulted in a guilty plea by Josh.

Think about.  KaraK was uninformed regarding aspects encompassing Josh and the Juvenile Detention System.  Could it be that she was also unaware of the underlying dynamic encompassing the 911 call and the ride home from mlachester’s residence in a police car?

I cannot get past mlacheste claims.  If  I were to obstruct justice by fabricating a story encompassing an incident … I would not involve the small police force of McCleary in that fabrication.  Logic would dictate that my words could be easily disputed.

When all is said and done … this young man certainly had issues that reached beyond the average 12 year old.  This makes me both sad and suspicious.

Monkeys ... felony charges again a 12 year old boy is serious stuff.  How many 12 year olds do you know personally who have been charged with a felony.  I am 62 years of age and ... I do not know one.

Janet

+++++

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #1240 on: July 05, 2009, 10:56:04 PM »

I don't know if he ever actually went to juvie.  All I know for sure is he gets picked on a lot (my kids have participated verbally and been in trouble for this as well) by kids trying to get a reaction - spitting, name calling etc. - To my knowledge that is where most of his trouble has been with little fights amongst kids and complaints from them or their parents.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg865744#msg865744

mlachester 1 day ago wrote:

... Its no big secret she had came to my house to call 911 when her brother had done things to her.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html?ocp=2#slcgm_comments_anchor

mlachester 2 hours ago wrote:

I am close to her and I know a lot more than the media or law enforcement are saying right now. … Sorry if you don't like the truth but I have never been one to keep the truth in and she should of been taken the first time she called 911 from my house asking for help instead of put in a police car and taken back to her abuser!"

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor...omments_anchor

So you are saying I am lying? Okay.
I know my brother was charged with a 3rd degree felony. My brother had never been in any trouble before.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #487 on: August 02, 2009, 01:03:26 PM »

"I Will Find My Daughter"

Power lines hang low over the narrow, gravel-lined stretch of asphalt in McCleary called Maple Street.

Cars roll past rows of small houses. Sprinklers spin in the front yards. Shrubs and street lights stand on either side of the road.

From the front step of her nearby home, Melissa Baum can almost see its intersection with Fifth Street where her 11-year-old daughter took her last known steps into oblivion.

“I feel like she’s right under my nose and I can’t find her,” she said.

Baum sat on her front step earlier this week, staring eastward toward Maple Street with the faint plinking of wind chimes behind her. She lit a cigarette.

“It’s really frustrating,” she said.

The family dog, Cadence, curled up on the concrete at her feet. Signs of support hung in the windows. Empty Diet Coke cans and fountain drinks sat stacked beside her chair after hours of waiting and watching the end of the road.

“It was all a fluke that whole night,” Baum explained quietly. “It’s like everything fell into place. The one time she left the house without her cell phone. The one time she started walking home alone.”
more at link

http://**/articles/2009/08/02/local_news/doc4a75285b085b5140001671.txt

Karma Is Coming

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: August 02, 2009, 01:14:54 PM »

Pink, of course you are not lying.  There are just some that know everything about everything.  I am trying to learn to just ignore them and their ignorance.  Course, as has been noted on here numerous times, there are some that want to make the number of their posts go up, so they quote and quote old stuff and bump and bump stuff.  Let it go my friend.  It aint' worth it.  The Mods are very patient, but eventually they always take care of it, which is why I like this board so much.  Blessings.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: August 02, 2009, 01:21:07 PM »

Pink, I don't think you are lying at all, I'm just surprised at such a punishment for doing that, things sure have changed since I was young, you would have gotten into trouble, but nothing like that.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #490 on: August 02, 2009, 01:28:59 PM »

Power lines hang low over the narrow, gravel-lined stretch of asphalt in McCleary called Maple Street.

Cars roll past rows of small houses. Sprinklers spin in the front yards. Shrubs and street lights stand on either side of the road.

From the front step of her nearby home, Melissa Baum can almost see its intersection with Fifth Street where her 11-year-old daughter took her last known steps into oblivion.

Baum sat on her front step earlier this week, staring eastward toward Maple Street with the faint plinking of wind chimes behind her. She lit a cigarette.

The family dog, Cadence, curled up on the concrete at her feet. Signs of support hung in the windows. Empty Diet Coke cans and fountain drinks sat stacked beside her chair after hours of waiting and watching the end of the road.

“It was all a fluke that whole night,” Baum explained quietly. “It’s like everything fell into place. The one time she left the house without her cell phone. The one time she started walking home alone.”
more at link

MB had thought her daughter was far away, now she thinks lindsey is right there under her nose.  Also now it is saying her last steps were near 5th street.  What happened to the other sighting up close to 3rd? 

so something changed?  What do they know NOW that we don't. 

I always felt lindsey did not get to 5th and turned around back to 6th. 

Is this news report in error, or has the info changed now and MB has been told something new that has not come out in public. 

of course we can really believe news reports 100%, but it seems, if this is true, MB does not think the same things as she did at first, and lindsey disappeared around 5th and did not get any farther up maple.  ???

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: August 02, 2009, 01:32:17 PM »

DD, I have no idea    Unless LE does have something and they told her mother, otherwise why else would you change your thoughts? This is reminding me more and more of Satsuma Florida and Haleigh's case, I just don't know what to believe or what not to believe.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #492 on: August 02, 2009, 01:34:47 PM »

just to let you know, I know a LOT Of kids 12 (and under) who have been charged with felonies.  They commit crimes all the time.  And I knew of some who did this back when I was that age also.  The cali napa state hospital was full of them, and there were some in CYA.  Junvenile had kids that young when I was that age, and CYA had a few that young as well. 

KIDS commit felonies all the time.  More and more of them are committing felonies at younger ages now, but kids did it back then too.  I saw it all the time. 

To find me:
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: August 02, 2009, 01:45:02 PM »

just to let you know, I know a LOT Of kids 12 (and under) who have been charged with felonies.  They commit crimes all the time.  And I knew of some who did this back when I was that age also.  The cali napa state hospital was full of them, and there were some in CYA.  Junvenile had kids that young when I was that age, and CYA had a few that young as well. 

KIDS commit felonies all the time.  More and more of them are committing felonies at younger ages now, but kids did it back then too.  I saw it all the time. 
I have no doubt about that, I never knew of any kids charged with felonies when I was growing up at all. I will say that growing up where I did in the Midwest, we sure were sheltered, when I left home at 18 and went to Long Beach CA, I swear that I was on a different planet. I grew up in Catholic schools and if someone would have pulled a fire alarm, yes, there would have been punishment, but I think it would have been between the school and parents.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #494 on: August 02, 2009, 02:25:52 PM »

Well, where to start?

Most of you monks and monkettes that know me from the beginning here know I was quite the hell raiser when I was a kid. I never denied that. I threw snowballs at cop cars, lit firecrackers in places I certainly shouldn't have, threw lemon-heads at mass transit buses...  and did a host of other stuff that wasn't considered the best of ideas. In the group of troublemakers I grew up with, one went on to become a high-school bathroom bomber and caused hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage, one when on a killing spree where 8 people died, 7 initially and one years later from his injuries. The fire alarm in our junior and senior highschool was pulled at least once a week and I went to the most prestigious school district in my state. Not every hell raiser goes on to a life of crime, but it's not a good start.

As for Josh, he's just a kid. Surely not having his dad around has certainly hurt his overall chances and not made life easier. His dad seems like a nice guy and is in the military. I'm not sure why anyone thinks he could be involved in anything nefarious at this late date. He has been checked and rechecked and tripled checked. I'm pretty sure he does the normal trouble making stuff all other - or - most other 12 years olds do. They are kids and they often don't think through their actions. If he pulled a fire alarm, and I don't know if he did or didn't, but how does an incident like that possibly escalate to disappearing his sister so well that in four weeks he hasn't cracked and no one has found Lindsey. He's a 12 year old.

I'm starting to think that some of the obsessions placed on Josh and Watne are completely unfounded and I'm trying to figure out what posters here know that the police don't? Please don't take my words as personal criticism, because they are not.  I'm honestly asking, like Jess and DD did... someone show me how he is involved and I will re-evaluate my thoughts on the case.

When someone says that - she has long fingernails and her brother can vouch for that (paraphrased) - I think that is simply a statement that he and his sister have had disagreements. I know my sister and I certainly had many many over the years - brothers and sisters often do. It's the nature of being a brother and a sister. I see nothing in that statement that allows me to draw any conclusions that Lindsey scratched Josh and that's the EVIDENCE that we all need to start an indictment.

A 12 year old would crack and cry that he has harmed his sister. In fact, I'm certain that he would. Maybe he does have some developmental issues. I feel sorry for him and he needs to get some help before he has life long problems. Childish mischief is just that - childish. It doesn't allow me to conclude that he is the next Charles Manson based on just a possible fire alarm.

His mother seems to care about him and Lindsey very much and she's just a mom trying to make her way in life with the odds stacked against her. If you didn't think they were stacked against her before, well they sure are now. Josh's mom is doing the best she can. Let's remember that she is a person with feelings too, and her kids were happy and healthy before this horrible tragic event hit them all.

These people deserve sympathy, not ridicule from forum posters.

Off my soap box...

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #495 on: August 02, 2009, 02:29:07 PM »

I have no doubt about that, I never knew of any kids charged with felonies when I was growing up at all. I will say that growing up where I did in the Midwest, we sure were sheltered, when I left home at 18 and went to Long Beach CA, I swear that I was on a different planet. I grew up in Catholic schools and if someone would have pulled a fire alarm, yes, there would have been punishment, but I think it would have been between the school and parents.

well I pulled the fire alarm a couple of time ugh , yes, I was a wild kid.  I did not get caught. I was in like 2nd grade ugh.  in jr high the fire alarm went off at least once a week, sometimes more.  people get suspended for a few days is all.  We had a lot of fights and bad ones too, broken noses, legs, people beat up pretty bad.  Still people did not get in too much trouble. It was an every day occurence to have fights at school.  If you got in a fight with a teacher or the principal you got arrested and charged with assault. there were some of those too.  There were gang fighting almost every day, riots, etc.  And I did not even live in the bad section of town.  I don't really know what the problem was, but there certainly was one.  But all this aside, I don't know anyone who got mad and killed their sister.

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #496 on: August 02, 2009, 02:35:29 PM »

hehe rob, just read your post, did we come from the same place hahahah

and mind you I grew up when fighting in a gang was with knives and chains; long before gangs were really all over.  It was a rarity to be in one.  but there were some young kids in them even then, but still no one killed their family members.  Josh is mild to the kids I knew. 

To find me:
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #497 on: August 02, 2009, 02:49:48 PM »

more at link

MB had thought her daughter was far away, now she thinks lindsey is right there under her nose.  Also now it is saying her last steps were near 5th street.  What happened to the other sighting up close to 3rd? 

so something changed?  What do they know NOW that we don't. 

I always felt lindsey did not get to 5th and turned around back to 6th. 

Is this news report in error, or has the info changed now and MB has been told something new that has not come out in public. 

of course we can really believe news reports 100%, but it seems, if this is true, MB does not think the same things as she did at first, and lindsey disappeared around 5th and did not get any farther up maple.  ???
DD,I truly don't know but I feel so heartbroken for Melissa.....she is probably devasted and will be until she gets Lindsey back or they find out what happened to her.No one on this beautiful earth just disappears like that.She must be somewhere,dead or alive.
Where she was last seen was probably just mixed up and exaggerated by the reporter from The Daily World.
Just like media and LE kept saying it was only a 4 block walk home and we could look at all of the maps and see for ourselves it is at least 6 blocks long.
I dunno,I am so dispirited today.

Karma Is Coming

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: August 02, 2009, 02:50:56 PM »

and mind you I grew up when fighting in a gang was with knives and chains; long before gangs were really all over.  It was a rarity to be in one.  but there were some young kids in them even then, but still no one killed their family members.  Josh is mild to the kids I knew. 
I have a cousin that did some of the things Rob mentioned, maybe you are my cousin  Monkey Devil!  I think maybe the kids I went to school with were too afraid of the nuns to do anything like that, seriously I know I was  I must have had a really tame childhood, because nobody ever pulled a fire alarm or anything like that, but I can see how tempting that might be for some kids, wanting to know what would all happen if you pull the alarm.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #499 on: August 02, 2009, 02:56:15 PM »

you know DD, there is a big difference between a kid like Josh and the van der Sloot spawns. Josh is just a little bot without a dad and trying to make some friend and maybe he just doesn't fit in with the in crowds and he has things he likes to do. He grew up somewhere else and moved somewhere new. It takes time to find some new friends. We have all been there. Parents get transferred and move and the kids go too.

the van der Sloot kids have a litany of pre-determined fate enabling hard years ahead. And here you have parents that just don't give a darn. Every kid in that family has had brushes with the law and one has disappear a tourist. And the parent keep on keepin-on. No change in their parenting and the results are the same.

With Josh and Lindsey, at least Melissa cares and tries her best to raise her kids. And by the way, all kids will be walking alone at some point. It's unfair to blame anything like walking alone on her. She lives in a neighbor full of kids and the kids all go to each other's homes. It's unrealistic to think that a child will stay home and not go to a friends house to go swimming because the mother or father is not there to walk them back and forth. Parent work to support their kids - they are not always around to hold their hands and cross the street with them.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.