March 19, 2024, 12:59:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum #3 7/28/09 - 8/26/09  (Read 513364 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #560 on: August 02, 2009, 07:31:56 PM »

For what it's worth:  I just got off the phone with a special weapons and tactics law enforcement officer with 15 years experience and he trains others in his field.   He said one of the first things that would be done in an investigation in a missing person's case like Lindsey's would be to rule out those closest to the victim.  They would be looked at first and looked at closely.  That makes sense to me. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #561 on: August 02, 2009, 07:38:11 PM »

Island, sorry for the confusion.  I was quoting someone else's repeated statement and I should have actually quoted them.  I enjoy your posts.  Again, sorry for the confusion.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: August 02, 2009, 07:39:50 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #563 on: August 02, 2009, 07:40:48 PM »

Muffybee that is what I would think.

Janet unless you can call the mom not sure if you can find out the detail what you are looking for in order to look at some other place.

Why do you believe the brother has not been ruled out? has there been a statement from LE stating they do not want too look at Josh? I am just trying to follow your thinking is all, not trying to be argumentative.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #564 on: August 02, 2009, 07:41:48 PM »

For what it's worth:  I just got off the phone with a special weapons and tactics law enforcement officer with 15 years experience and he trains others in his field.   He said one of the first things that would be done in an investigation in a missing person's case like Lindsey's would be to rule out those closest to the victim.  They would be looked at first and looked at closely.  That makes sense to me. 

It makes sense to me too. But it appears that the most rudimentary things have not been done in Lindsay's case, as evidenced by the search by cadaver dogs in open areas and knocking on doors talking to people they have not been able to contact before over a month later. This ain't exactly a huge city. It's a little town in the middle of a forest, and way too laid back to have a child missing in their midst. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #565 on: August 02, 2009, 07:47:51 PM »

Sorry about this.....If she is dead and was placed in a crawl space wouldn't there be a smell? I had a cat die under a house and my god you could smell it down the street.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #566 on: August 02, 2009, 07:48:29 PM »

It makes sense to me too. But it appears that the most rudimentary things have not been done in Lindsay's case, as evidenced by the search by cadaver dogs in open areas and knocking on doors talking to people they have not been able to contact before over a month later. This ain't exactly a huge city. It's a little town in the middle of a forest, and way too laid back to have a child missing in their midst. JMO

I can see what you mean Fanny Mae.  In my area, we would have to have dogs and such brought in too, because we wouldn't have those kinds of resources here.  My area doesn't even have a city police department.  We have one deputy sheriff for every approx. 88 miles. And I know so many towns don't have highly trained personnel or budgets.  They would have to ask for help.  I hope Lindsey is able to be found. 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #567 on: August 02, 2009, 07:49:10 PM »

Sorry about this.....If she is dead and was placed in a crawl space wouldn't there be a smell? I had a cat die under a house and my god you could smell it down the street.

Did anyone ever complain about the smell of MULTIPLE bodies buried in the crawl space of John Wayne Gayce's house in Chicago?

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #568 on: August 02, 2009, 07:55:39 PM »

Did anyone ever complain about the smell of MULTIPLE bodies buried in the crawl space of John Wayne Gayce's house in Chicago?
Not that I was ever aware of, and I have read a bit about him. But remember even if there was a smell they were flushing the water system, and had said there would be a smell while they were doing that.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #569 on: August 02, 2009, 07:56:51 PM »

I don't know about that, did anyone complain about an odd smell?  I would assume most times if the body is just placed somewhere and there is access to air the smell would rise.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: August 02, 2009, 07:57:32 PM »

I can see what you mean Fanny Mae.  In my area, we would have to have dogs and such brought in too, because we wouldn't have those kinds of resources here.  My area doesn't even have a city police department.  We have one deputy sheriff for every approx. 88 miles. And I know so many towns don't have highly trained personnel or budgets.  They would have to ask for help.  I hope Lindsey is able to be found. 

My point being, if they had asked for help, there were resources available, IF ONLY THE PD HAD ASKED, from the state and other large areas such as King County. As I understand it, the King Country search teams were not even there until just recently. The FBI has only provided a Assistant Special Agent who only responds to posters with form letter e-mails. I doubt if he is even in the area now. I am not sure, but I am guessing there is a huge district the FBI covers, anyway. If the local LE doesn't ask for help, none just come on their own.

I am thinking that maybe the Federal Attorney in the area should look into the handling of this case. It has been half-hearted at best. JMO

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #571 on: August 02, 2009, 08:00:57 PM »

Not that I was ever aware of, and I have read a bit about him. But remember even if there was a smell they were flushing the water system, and had said there would be a smell while they were doing that.
When did they flush the water system? The smell of a decaying body doesn't takes that long. (sorry about writing this..) I think it is within 24 to 48 hours when decomposing gets to this point.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #572 on: August 02, 2009, 08:01:51 PM »

I don't know about that, did anyone complain about an odd smell?  I would assume most times if the body is just placed somewhere and there is access to air the smell would rise.

No, they did not. Read it and weep. He got away with it for years. Police had even been inside his house before.

http://www.crimemagazine.com/boykillergacy.htm

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #573 on: August 02, 2009, 08:02:53 PM »

Flushing the sewer system would have had no effect on the cadaver dogs. Human decomposition has a very unique, identifiable odor the dogs are trained to detect.

In my mind, the question of whether LE properly investigated things early on and whether JB is somehow involved in his sister's disappearance are two entirely different questions. To me, it still boils down to the two questions I posed earlier.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: August 02, 2009, 08:03:17 PM »

Klaas had posted that the city was flushing the water system, between this date and that date, sorry I can't remember exact dates, but it feel in the time that Lindsey was reported missing. And that there would be a smell. So if someone smelled something, they might have thought it was from that.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #575 on: August 02, 2009, 08:04:34 PM »

Flushing the sewer system would have had no effect on the cadaver dogs. Human decomposition has a very unique, identifiable odor the dogs are trained to detect.

In my mind, the question of whether LE properly investigated things early on and whether JB is somehow involved in his sister's disappearance are two entirely different questions. To me, it still boils down to the two questions I posed earlier.
I agree, what I was commenting on is if a resident smelled something they might have thought it was the sewer system, and not a decomposing body, just a thought.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: August 02, 2009, 08:05:33 PM »

The flushing of the water and treatment systems could have masked the initial strench of body decomposition body.  However ... after over a month ... would there still be a decomposition order?

What if Lindsey's remains were not disposed of but ... are out of sight ... maybe covered with debris or foilage.  Maybe her remains are lying not far from where she was last observed two blocks from home by a family friend who was driving to work.  Maybe a thorough search with the dogs should be conducted by authorities on ALL properties in that two block stretch.

Remember Jessica Lundsford.  This little girl's remains were found on property within a stone throw from her home ... from the bed she was abducted from. 

Janet

+++++++

McCleary Water / Wastewater manages both the water system from the wells into homes and businesses and the sewer system that takes wastewater to the treatment plant.

WATER SYSTEM FLUSHING

June 22nd through July 2nd

The City crew will be flushing the water system using various fire hydrants around town, click on the link below to read the entire Public Notice and what to do in your area when the flushing takes place.

Hydrant flushing notice 

Wastewater Treatment

Water System

http://www.cityofmccleary.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={CAF3B3FA-696A-4B0F-B441-C68ADF931009}

BUMPED

TracyGirl, I will bump this again. KLAAS posted this first a couple of weeks or so ago.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: August 02, 2009, 08:07:43 PM »

Do you know if CADAVER dogs were brought in when Lindsay first came up missing? I know there were search dogs, but were they Cadaver dogs?

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #578 on: August 02, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »

thank you Muffy!!

In other words, as posted before, those closest to Lindsey have been ruled out, have taken polygraphs conducted by qualified individuals in their respect fields and the focus has shifts for those law enforcement officers.

As a side note, I have noticed that no family member has been asked to take a second or third poly as requested in Haleighs case. Law Enforcement is currently satisfied that NO family member is involved.

thanks again Muffy!

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #579 on: August 02, 2009, 08:09:29 PM »

I recall reading about the case now. I wonder though since there were people activily looking for Lindsey, if that would make a difference in being able to spot a smell?

I don't recall if there are any farms around the McCleary area with animals? I was told the smell of a farm can cover a smell of a decaying body.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.