March 19, 2024, 04:19:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum #3 7/28/09 - 8/26/09  (Read 513403 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #580 on: August 02, 2009, 08:11:07 PM »

For what it's worth:  I just got off the phone with a special weapons and tactics law enforcement officer with 15 years experience and he trains others in his field.   He said one of the first things that would be done in an investigation in a missing person's case like Lindsey's would be to rule out those closest to the victim.  They would be looked at first and looked at closely.  That makes sense to me. 

It makes sense to me too. But it appears that the most rudimentary things have not been done in Lindsay's case, as evidenced by the search by cadaver dogs in open areas and knocking on doors talking to people they have not been able to contact before over a month later. This ain't exactly a huge city. It's a little town in the middle of a forest, and way too laid back to have a child missing in their midst. JMO

quite common to re-examine the areas over again as bodies have been moved to previously searched areas. It's happened more than we can count.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #581 on: August 02, 2009, 08:11:41 PM »

Sorry about this.....If she is dead and was placed in a crawl space wouldn't there be a smell? I had a cat die under a house and my god you could smell it down the street.

Did anyone ever complain about the smell of MULTIPLE bodies buried in the crawl space of John Wayne Gayce's house in Chicago?

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/gacy/8b.html

some neighbors smelled a bad ordor -- but he was famous for giving parties, including bbqs -- police crawled under the house and thought the smell was sewage, etc.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: August 02, 2009, 08:11:51 PM »

Muffybee that is what I would think.

Janet unless you can call the mom not sure if you can find out the detail what you are looking for in order to look at some other place.

Why do you believe the brother has not been ruled out? has there been a statement from LE stating they do not want too look at Josh? I am just trying to follow your thinking is all, not trying to be argumentative.

Tracygirl

The following statement by Sheriff Scott within four days of Lindsey's disappearance implies he considers the argument between Lindsey and Josh ... the argument that warranted intervention ... as insignificant.  I may have agree to a point if it were not for all the combined allegations that encompass the dynamics of Josh and Lindsey's relationship.

When all is said and done ... I do not know to what extent Josh Baum has been investigated any more than the potential "persons of interest" that DD and others are researching.  We are all armchair detectives working with what is out there ... not just pulling speculations out of thin air.  However ... much more info is required if the dots are going to be connected.

The truth will be revealed!  In the meantime "respectfully" agreeing to disagree with each other when there is a difference of opinion is where it is at.

Janet

++++++

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott

The Olympian - June 30, 2009

Lindsey left her cell phone at home before leaving to play with friends Friday, said Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott. Lindsey’s older brother had left the Maple Street residence before his sister after the two had a dispute over the bike Lindsey had borrowed from him that day – a common occurrence between frequently squabbling siblings, Scott added.

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/896613.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #583 on: August 02, 2009, 08:14:16 PM »

I'm not sure when cadaver dogs were first brought in. But they were brought in. They would be capable of detecting decomp as long as it was present, which is for months after decomp begins. They can even detect decomp under water.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #584 on: August 02, 2009, 08:15:40 PM »

Island, sorry for the confusion.  I was quoting someone else's repeated statement and I should have actually quoted them.  I enjoy your posts.  Again, sorry for the confusion.

Gracious, I meant to say KarmaR, sorry for the confusion.  Time for bed!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: August 02, 2009, 08:16:41 PM »

For what it's worth:  I just got off the phone with a special weapons and tactics law enforcement officer with 15 years experience and he trains others in his field.   He said one of the first things that would be done in an investigation in a missing person's case like Lindsey's would be to rule out those closest to the victim.  They would be looked at first and looked at closely.  That makes sense to me. 

It makes sense to me too. But it appears that the most rudimentary things have not been done in Lindsay's case, as evidenced by the search by cadaver dogs in open areas and knocking on doors talking to people they have not been able to contact before over a month later. This ain't exactly a huge city. It's a little town in the middle of a forest, and way too laid back to have a child missing in their midst. JMO

quite common to re-examine the areas over again as bodies have been moved to previously searched areas. It's happened more than we can count.

Why did they wait a month to go back and talk to people they had not been able to contact when Lindsay came up missing?? And, have they checked the INSIDE of the houses along Lindsay's route home? Do we know that?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: August 02, 2009, 08:18:07 PM »

I'm not sure when cadaver dogs were first brought in. But they were brought in. They would be capable of detecting decomp as long as it was present, which is for months after decomp begins. They can even detect decomp under water.

I can tell you that the first I heard of Cadaver dogs was last week, and they were looking in open fields, from the reports I have heard.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #587 on: August 02, 2009, 08:20:28 PM »

Janet I will agree to disagree but I do believe I was asking for more information on your theory, not necessarily disagreeing with you.

Here is a site that tells about decomposition. It is disgusting to read and there are pics of little piglets.  so be warned

http://www.7oaks.org/site/hcaverycomputerlab/file/Grade%207%20Science/Stages_of_DecompositionPiglet.pdf
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: August 02, 2009, 08:24:24 PM »

Janet I will agree to disagree but I do believe I was asking for more information on your theory, not necessarily disagreeing with you.

Here is a site that tells about decomposition. It is disgusting to read and there are pics of little piglets.  so be warned

http://www.7oaks.org/site/hcaverycomputerlab/file/Grade%207%20Science/Stages_of_DecompositionPiglet.pdf

TracyGirl, bodies are not alway lying out in the open. There are many ways to conceal them. I bumped a post of mine earlier. It comes not only from reading, but also from previous experience.

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #589 on: August 02, 2009, 08:24:52 PM »

Can I add, I see a bunch of posters wanting every home searched, but the 4th amendment to the US Constitution prevents that while guarding citizens rights to and guards against unreasonable searches and seizures.  They can't just enter all the homes without just cause.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: August 02, 2009, 08:27:30 PM »

Tracygirl

I bumped three posts in the past couple of pages of this thread that explain what I believe may have happened as it pertains to Josh Baum.

You theories would be appreciated.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #591 on: August 02, 2009, 08:30:12 PM »

Can I add, I see a bunch of posters wanting every home searched, but the 4th amendment to the US Constitution prevents that while guarding citizens rights to and guards against unreasonable searches and seizures.  They can't just enter all the homes without just cause.
Very, very true, I think also that even though a child is missing some people may be worried that LE might stumble onto somethings in their home which are questionable at best, and are afraid to allow LE into their home.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: August 02, 2009, 08:30:30 PM »

Tracygirl, Rob, Pink, DD, and others,
Ditto!!
Think about it!!!!! hmmmm a totally new concept!

_____

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #593 on: August 02, 2009, 08:32:47 PM »

Can I ask why we are discussing the decomp issue?  Is there a suggestion that JB was possibly capable of concealing a body in such a manner that it would be undetectable? Such as the way Gacy or Dahmer did?

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #594 on: August 02, 2009, 08:36:24 PM »

i thank goodness everyday that there are folks (such as Scared Monkeys) that care about these situations.  These Children..the reason that we are here...  To figure out what is right and wrong..to help those in need, and to promote justice to victims...Everyone here has a voice and every voice needs to be heard....we are here for Lindsey...may every crook or craney be searched...that is what needs to be done...
please can we quit fighting..we are here for Lindsey...that is the focus...and that is why everyone is so heated...many have opinions and that is GOOD... We are here for Lindsey and that is.  We will all have different ideas and that is ok!  until we have some real info that is all we have. an angelic monkey

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: August 02, 2009, 08:37:03 PM »

Can I ask why we are discussing the decomp issue?  Is there a suggestion that JB was possibly capable of concealing a body in such a manner that it would be undetectable? Such as the way Gacy or Dahmer did?
I can't speak for anyone else, I was just talking about the sewer system being flushed and about the odor that would be caused by that.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: August 02, 2009, 08:37:55 PM »

Well shoot. Let's just quit looking for Lindsay. Let's go back to looking up every SO from McCleary to Timbuctu!

You start at where the missing child was LAST SEEN, and you work out in circles. The inner circle HAS NOT been thoroughly searched yet IMO. It is only common sense. Refusing to let the LE look inside would raise red flags in almost every state and jurisdiction, and would cause most LE to take a closer look at why not. I have seen no evidence that the LE has even done that at all. This is just my opinion.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: August 02, 2009, 08:40:10 PM »

IMO I think valuable time was lost, thinking perhaps she was a runaway.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #598 on: August 02, 2009, 08:44:25 PM »

Fannie Mae- you have identified the issue that is at the heart of the 4th amendment's protection against unreasonable searches and seizures. Our Supreme Court has held that refusal to allow a search cannot be used alone as evidence to support a search warrant. There must be something more- something that raises the probability that a search will uncover evidence of a crime. I agree- it can raise a red flag. But fortunately or unfortunately, that's the law.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #599 on: August 02, 2009, 08:44:28 PM »

Sorry about this.....If she is dead and was placed in a crawl space wouldn't there be a smell? I had a cat die under a house and my god you could smell it down the street.

Did anyone ever complain about the smell of MULTIPLE bodies buried in the crawl space of John Wayne Gayce's house in Chicago?

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/gacy/8b.html

some neighbors smelled a bad ordor -- but he was famous for giving parties, including bbqs -- police crawled under the house and thought the smell was sewage, etc.

At one time during his dark days as a serial killer, Gacy was married. His wife and her child or children ( can't remember if the woman had more than one child) complained about the bad smell in the house. People did notice the smell, but he was able to explain it away. Apparently, no one ever thought about the possibility of bodies buried underneath the house until later.  He used lime to try and control the odor, but with that many burial sites, it was not enough to cover up the smell of decomposition.

In this informed day and age, I'd hope that people would be more suspicious of a terrible, persistent odor, and missing youngsters, than they were in John Wayne Gacy's time.....

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.