March 18, 2024, 09:02:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum #3 7/28/09 - 8/26/09  (Read 513316 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: August 03, 2009, 11:31:08 AM »

Janet - I have wondered that from the beginning....You would think the dogs would have picked up her scent somewhere beyond Kara's yard...

BINGO!!

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: August 03, 2009, 11:37:59 AM »

Just my own personal opinion but I don't think the "children" or the parents of missing persons belong posting or reading these message boards, especially not the children. 

I also don't believe we should censure our posts thinking they may be. 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: August 03, 2009, 11:47:39 AM »

Good Morning.  an angelic monkey

I wanted to come back on and thank KaraK for coming back to answer some of my questions will I was gone. I appreciate you going to the trouble to do that for me, a total stranger to you on this thread as we have never posted together.

To ANJ, forgive me for having implied you knew me. I thought I had told you quite a bit about my background, and you would understand I was not talking off the top of my head. I will not ever claim that you know the slightest thing about me again. The spatting comment was made in a post to me, so I took it that way.

It was not you JESSTAR that I was talking about when I said it offended me for someone to make a blanket statement and immediately log off. Sorry, if you thought I meant you.

I am still suprised that in McCleary, being a little town, where ususally a town of this size everyone knows everything about everybody, that nobody really knows nothing, and nothing about what the police are really doing. And why it is so hard to get a simple building for willing private searcers to come in and at least try to look for Lindsay. It is mindboggling.

I too only hope for the return of Lindsay, and pray it will not drag out into months and years of agony for her friends and family. I will light a candle everyday as I have usually done, and may from time to time read along. I am sorry that I upset the applecart for posting my thoughts here.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Heidismom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #683 on: August 03, 2009, 11:48:07 AM »

Fanny Mae,
McCleary did not have a 4th of July celebration/parade.  Need to have your facts straight.  And you can't know the attitude & sadness of a town unless you are here.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: August 03, 2009, 11:54:25 AM »

Fanny Mae,
McCleary did not have a 4th of July celebration/parade.  Need to have your facts straight.  And you can't know the attitude & sadness of a town unless you are here.

Heidismom

Do you have a personal connection to the Baum family?

Thank you

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #685 on: August 03, 2009, 12:01:36 PM »

Fanny Mae,
Could you answer my questions, please. How are the towns people acting, is it like life goes on, or are people suspicious of each other? Are kids out and about and playing like before? What is the general thought of people about what happened to Lindsey?
Heidismom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #686 on: August 03, 2009, 12:07:26 PM »

Fanny Mae,

Heidismom

Thank you

Janet
No, I don't, just great compassion for them for what they are going through.  I also feel so badly for Josh as he faces his teen & adult years with challenges that are not anyone's fault.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #687 on: August 03, 2009, 12:09:01 PM »

Just my own personal opinion but I don't think the "children" or the parents of missing persons belong posting or reading these message boards, especially not the children. 

I also don't believe we should censure our posts thinking they may be. 

Good morning everyone,
Klaas I am not sure if you are directing this to my post when I commented on what if the family or loved ones read our postings. I was referring to the arguing and loss of focus on trying to help. I would think should be able to discuss and debate without losing our composure.
Kara thanks for posting back to us, I appreciate your comments and observations.

I am going to add my 2 cents... A town does go back to normal. It doesn't say anything else other  then life goes on, no matter how horrible it can be,  we have to get back to what we know as normal in order to survive. I am sure as it was in Tracy, as it is in Boise, in Escondido and the many other cities and towns, McCleary is heartbroken they have not been able to locate Lindsey and want nothing more then to have her home.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #688 on: August 03, 2009, 12:10:10 PM »

THE TRACKING DOGS

Why was Lindsey's scent not picked up by these dogs shortly following her disappearance.  Think about it ... the Maple Street route was taken by Lindsey both going to and coming from the Kampen/Williams residence.

Something is not right.

Janet

++++++

Janet,  the explanation is the sustained heat and it  the scents rising from the sidewalk and dissapating. If this is not the case, what are you suggesting?  Please don't start on the JB connection again. It is simply not a viable action in my estimation.  I think we need to look somewhere else.  Where do you suggest?

AZSunny ... considering it is a known fact that Lindsey was on Maple on foot in her journey to the Kampen and ... she was at the Shell station ... I was questioning the capability of the dogs.

Janet   

http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/Multimedia/DepartmentVideos/BloodhoundDemoVNR.wmv

Janet,
Here is a video of a bloodhound used in the search for Robert Manwill. It's a demonstration on how they work. The handler even says that is harder to track on asphalt because it doesn't hold scent the way grass and bushes do. 

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: August 03, 2009, 12:18:05 PM »

Fanny Mae,

Heidismom

Thank you

Janet
No, I don't, just great compassion for them for what they are going through.  I also feel so badly for Josh as he faces his teen & adult years with challenges that are not anyone's fault.

What has been revealed in regards to the various troubling issues encompassing Josh Baum ... I too feel for this young man.  Nevertheless ... considering the heated argument just prior to his sister's disappearance ... the heated argument that dictated intervention by a family friend ... Josh Baum must be considered a person of interest until eliminated by LE.  In the name of justice for Lindsey Baum ... no person of interest should be given a free pass.

Heidismom ... thank you for responding.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: August 03, 2009, 12:20:40 PM »

THE TRACKING DOGS

Why was Lindsey's scent not picked up by these dogs shortly following her disappearance.  Think about it ... the Maple Street route was taken by Lindsey both going to and coming from the Kampen/Williams residence.

Something is not right.

Janet

++++++

Janet,  the explanation is the sustained heat and it  the scents rising from the sidewalk and dissapating. If this is not the case, what are you suggesting?  Please don't start on the JB connection again. It is simply not a viable action in my estimation.  I think we need to look somewhere else.  Where do you suggest?

AZSunny ... considering it is a known fact that Lindsey was on Maple on foot in her journey to the Kampen and ... she was at the Shell station ... I was questioning the capability of the dogs.

Janet   

http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/Multimedia/DepartmentVideos/BloodhoundDemoVNR.wmv

Janet,
Here is a video of a bloodhound used in the search for Robert Manwill. It's a demonstration on how they work. The handler even says that is harder to track on asphalt because it doesn't hold scent the way grass and bushes do. 

Thank you pink angel

I just thought that somewhere along that Maple Street route ... some where in the Shell Station ... a scent would be detected.

Janet

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: August 03, 2009, 12:24:11 PM »

Am I too assume that life has moved on in McCleary? 
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #692 on: August 03, 2009, 12:26:19 PM »

THE TRACKING DOGS

Something is not right.

Janet

++++++

Janet   

Janet,

Fascinating video.  Thanks Pink Angel.     It just occured to me, that there are not sidewalks in the area. I don't know why this took me so long to realize.I was visualizing her on a sidewalk walking home.   Lindsey would be walking on the street, asphalt most probably.  Heavy traffic wasn't an apparent concern, so she would not have been walking on the side of the road, in the dirt and gravel.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #693 on: August 03, 2009, 12:29:48 PM »

There have been several cases I can think of where people have gone missing and dogs don't pick up a scent or unable to track the person. (depending on the whether they are scent dogs or air tracking dogs)

I would think there would be a scent picked up too and the fact that there was not, is sad for Lindsey.

Dogs are just a tool though and like humans are fallible. They are only as good as the scent available, the conditions, the scent objects they are given, their training and their handler.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #694 on: August 03, 2009, 12:32:32 PM »

There have been several cases I can think of where people have gone missing and dogs don't pick up a scent or unable to track the person. (depending on the whether they are scent dogs or air tracking dogs)

I would think there would be a scent picked up too and the fact that there was not, is sad for Lindsey.

Dogs are just a tool though and like humans are fallible. They are only as good as the scent available, the conditions, the scent objects they are given, their training and their handler.

and even then, they do make errors.

I too found the video fascinating, AZ. You are welcome.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: August 03, 2009, 12:38:02 PM »

Fanny Mae,

My apologies, it was the BEAR FESTIVAL pictures and parade I was refering to, held the second week in July.

http://www.cityofmccleary.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={16587989-AB3D-40DE-AD14-52F45942F4A2}

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #696 on: August 03, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »

Her scent would stop if she got into a car.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #697 on: August 03, 2009, 12:43:11 PM »

I don't think it is unreasonable to assume life goes on. Although, in my opinion it doesn't mean the town has forgotten.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: August 03, 2009, 12:45:25 PM »

I don't think it is unreasonable to assume life goes on. Although, in my opinion it doesn't mean the town has forgotten.

All I'm trying to get an answer to is how are the people in town reacting to what happend to Lindsey? Are they being more cautious, are they suspicious of their neighbors, what is the talk in town like about this?
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: August 03, 2009, 12:46:25 PM »

In your experience in Tracy when Sandra Cantu came up missing, was it that way too?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.