March 28, 2024, 07:01:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum #3 7/28/09 - 8/26/09  (Read 513939 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2009, 10:02:22 PM »

oh I believe they have a very good reason to have them out there, I just think they are not saying the real reasons they are doing what they are doing or why those other offices are out there. 

I suspect they have a suspect and are trying to find witnesses who might have seen this person/persons in the area... just a guess of mine. 

they might even have the dogs tracking the perp and not lindsey.  to see if the perp was in the area if they have a suspect they can use the scent to track. 

I don't know, just possibilities. 

pierce county being in there really makes me wonder.

Didn't they also say Thurston County and I believe Aberdeen?

Several agencies, including the FBI, Crime Stoppers and the Pierce County Sheriff's Office, are assisting in the search.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535201,00.html?test=latestnews

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2009, 10:05:17 PM »

oh I believe they have a very good reason to have them out there, I just think they are not saying the real reasons they are doing what they are doing or why those other offices are out there. 

I suspect they have a suspect and are trying to find witnesses who might have seen this person/persons in the area... just a guess of mine. 

they might even have the dogs tracking the perp and not lindsey.  to see if the perp was in the area if they have a suspect they can use the scent to track. 

I don't know, just possibilities. 

pierce county being in there really makes me wonder.

Didn't they also say Thurston County and I believe Aberdeen?

Several agencies, including the FBI, Crime Stoppers and the Pierce County Sheriff's Office, are assisting in the search.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535201,00.html?test=latestnews

Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Richard Scott told Q13 FOX News that they recently received quite a few tips, so they checked them out on Tuesday with the help of several agencies including the FBI, Aberdeen Police, Crime Stoppers and Thurston, Mason and Pierce County Sheriff's Offices. Pierce County Search & Rescue dogs also helped in the search.

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-072809-mccleary,0,4668836.story

This is a girl with no means, no money, and no true opportunity to leave. We have nothing specifically that is pointing us in any direction that is going to allow us to rule out any scenario.... this may be a worst case scenario criminal investigation involving a predator or predatory behavior."

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2009, 10:10:56 PM »

i don't own search and rescue dogs, but i don't know that if you do and le calls on you for help that you really have a choice....maybe a smarter monkey than i can answer....

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
rebelgirl901
Scared Monkey

« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2009, 10:27:01 PM »

if Lindsey has indeed been the Mcleary area the entire time, and if now they are really starting to search the area, would she still be there now?  who ever has had her Has had her for a month...

Yes it is possible she has been in McCleary the whole time. I think that may be the reason some have not been very helpful in the searches or in providing information to L.E.  Somebody in that town knows what happened to Lindsey.  JMO
so now that they know the heat is on, you think they would still have her in McCleary?

If they are really going door to door & have the search dogs out, then I think they believe she is still in McCleary.   I don't know what to think anymore, there is so much we aren't being told.  I do feel that someone in that town knows where Lindsey is or at least what happened to her. I want so much for them to find Lindsey alive & bring her home but, I just have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.  God please let me be wrong about this.

Justice 4 Natalee/Justice 4 Caylee<br /><br />Where is Lindsey Baum
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2009, 10:35:36 PM »

sorry ya'll the 'new' search sounds like a tip-off to me..maybe i'm jaded.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2009, 10:38:17 PM »

You're certainly entitled to feel that way mamacrazy. But just think about it for a second- that would be one heck of a big conspiracy if it were a "staged" search intended as a tip-off.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2009, 10:40:10 PM »

To be fair about the heat. The WA area has been experiencing a heatwave the past few days with temps soaring over 100 degrees.

It's tough to be out in that kind of heat any length of time. I don't care if you are cops or dogs. Even in a bathing suit it would be hard.

I know the heat is awful for anyone to be in and I am a total dog lover and would never want to see a dog out in that heat... but that is not what I am saying. 

they said the heat was making the scent hard to detect the cadaver scent.  that can't be true.  heat helps detect cadaver scent.  that is the point I was laughing about.  but I guess I just pick apart everything too much,  I just thought that was a crazy statement. 

but I do full well agree, the heat would be awful to be out in.  I feel badly for the people out in it and the dogs, especially the dogs. 
do you think they are sending the dogs out there needlessly...like a show of ???  sorry..i expect the worst...always

Why would you think that any dog handler  would agree to send their dogs out "needlessly" to search in over 100 degree weather?  They would not do it for show, I assure you.
i don't own search and rescue dogs, but i don't know that if you do and le calls on you for help that you really have a choice....maybe a smarter monkey than i can answer....

Mamacrazy - of course you have a choice.  I'm certain they have good reason to be out there in this heat. 
rebelgirl901
Scared Monkey

« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2009, 10:41:49 PM »

I am sorry but the more articles which try to explain what they are doing, the more ridiculous they sound.  It is just me or our their explanations just stupid

I don't think the heat was quite as stifling in June as it is now. JMO

well I think the heat would make cadaver scent more detectable, not less?

I agree.  I don't know what they are saying.  It doesn't make any sense.      Sorry to be so blunt but cadaver dogs pick up the scent of decomposition, which I'm sure we all know would be worse in the heat. I don't get what they are doing?

Justice 4 Natalee/Justice 4 Caylee<br /><br />Where is Lindsey Baum
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2009, 10:53:33 PM »

so why the 'big' search now..why now?  why have the basic searches not happened until now??  what is different NOW??  is it that people care? wonder?  i have all the respect in the world for le but why is it so different now than it was a month ago???  sorry to be blunt but if we took the stance that McCleary le took when Lindsey was first reported missing where would we be?  oh chit, and now ya'll will ride me on that...you have to understand...in the interest of ruling people out we have everyone as a suspect....i like to follow Janet..and i agree with most...but can some one tell me really...Who is not a suspect in this??

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2009, 10:55:52 PM »

so why the 'big' search now..why now?  why have the basic searches not happened until now??  what is different NOW??  is it that people care? wonder?  i have all the respect in the world for le but why is it so different now than it was a month ago???  sorry to be blunt but if we took the stance that McCleary le took when Lindsey was first reported missing where would we be?  oh chit, and now ya'll will ride me on that...you have to understand...in the interest of ruling people out we have everyone as a suspect....i like to follow Janet..and i agree with most...but can some one tell me really...Who is not a suspect in this??
oh what a mess i hope ya'll get the jist

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2009, 10:56:17 PM »

I just think Officer Scott doesn't know a lot about searcher dogs, as was babbling. Smile

I don't think he knows a lot about searching for missing children either, IMO. Thank goodness the FBI and other agencies are working on this.

Extreme heat or cold, will limit the amount of time the dog can work between rest breaks to as little as a few minutes. Both air temperature and ground temperature need to be considered. Remember the dog’s nose is working at ground level. Often the hottest parts of the day can be avoided; the dogs can work early in the morning, and in the late afternoon and evening.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2009, 10:58:52 PM »

Mamacrazy - have you even been following this case?  This is not the first "real" search. 

This is the first article posted in the first thread of this case:

Small town baffled, alarmed at 10-year-old girl's disappearance

Story Updated: Jun 27, 2009 at 9:52 PM PDT
By Ray Lane and KOMO News Web Staff

MCCLEARY, Wash. - A wide-ranging search is under way for a 10-year-old girl who vanished Friday evening while walking home from a friend's house in this small town set amid forested hills west of Olympia. And now the entire town is worried.

Lindsey J. Baum was last seen at 9:15 p.m. Friday when she left her friend's home on Maple Street, where she had been visiting, said Dave Pimentel of the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office.

Lindsey was going to walk the four blocks to her home on Mommsen Road, which is roughly a 10-minute walk. But something happened in that short distance - Lindsey never arrived home.

A volunteer goes door to door, passing out fliers about the missing girl.
"She hasn't been seen or heard from since," Pimentel said.

Her mother reported her missing at 10:50 p.m. And as the hours drag by with no sign of her, the girl's family fears she may have been taken by a stranger.

Search teams have been out looking for the girl, using bloodhounds. Sheriff's deputies, meanwhile, are calling people who live in the neighborhood and also are going door to door to see if anyone heard or saw anything.

Other searchers are combing the nearby woods on ATVs. Everyone is anxious for any sign of the missing girl.

Pimentel said Lindsey has never been a runaway. "We don't suspect that at this time," he said.

The girl's disappearance has shocked many residents of McCleary, population 1,550, where the biggest employer is a lumber mill that manufactures doors and people know their neighbors.

"We don't know what happened to her yet. All we know is she's missing, and we're taking every effort we can to try and locate her," he added.

Police say it appears Lindsey walked at least part of the way with home with friends, who didn't see anything unusual.

Melissa McCann, a family friend, said, "This is a small town. These things don't happen. And yet here they are. She comes from her friend's (house) a lot, so it doesn't make sense that she didn't show up at home. We're just baffled."

Pimentel said it's strange that nobody saw anything unusual.

"Such a small community like this - you can't do much in a town this size without everybody knowing about it," he said. "Everybody in town knows she's unaccounted for."

Lindsey's mother admits the 10-year old had been fighting with her brother in the moments before she was last seen, and that Lindsey is still upset about her parent's recent divorce.

But with every passing hour, there are mounting worries that the friendly girl who will talk with anybody is in serious trouble.

Lindsey was last seen wearing a gray hooded pullover sweatshirt, with blue jeans and black shoes. She stands about 4-feet-10-inches and weighs about 85 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Grays Harbor 911 Center at (800) 281-6944 or the McCleary Police Department at (360) 495-3107.

http://www.komonews.com/news/49343017.html
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:02:16 PM by klaasend » Logged
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2009, 11:00:08 PM »

Well, we all can be weary of local LE, but the FBI and members of CrimeStoppers, who are assisting in the search, certainly are not suspects.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2009, 11:06:58 PM »

Those are great observations about the dogs, pinkangel. It reminded me that heat also causes a scent to rise straight up, as opposed to more linearly, which can make detection more difficult for the very reason you state- the dog's noses are close to gound level.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2009, 11:09:19 PM »

Those are great observations about the dogs, pinkangel. It reminded me that heat also causes a scent to rise straight up, as opposed to more linearly, which can make detection more difficult for the very reason you state- the dog's noses are close to gound level.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: July 29, 2009, 11:14:30 PM »

I just think Officer Scott doesn't know a lot about searcher dogs, as was babbling. Smile

I don't think he knows a lot about searching for missing children either, IMO. Thank goodness the FBI and other agencies are working on this.

Extreme heat or cold, will limit the amount of time the dog can work between rest breaks to as little as a few minutes. Both air temperature and ground temperature need to be considered. Remember the dog’s nose is working at ground level. Often the hottest parts of the day can be avoided; the dogs can work early in the morning, and in the late afternoon and evening.
on one hand i'm glad he doesn't know a lot about missing children..i wish most communities never have this issue...on the other....
(a little piece of me, my step-father (now) is LE in ks and i've seen his folder on profiling and looking for terrorist and what have you...it was a (i don't know what you call it ...learning credits???  )  Really?? 

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: July 29, 2009, 11:29:31 PM »

JessStar, I wonder how the humidity there, which i understand is at about 45% would impact this?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2009, 11:45:33 PM »

MCCLEARY, Wash. - A wide-ranging search is under way for a 10-year-old girl who vanished Friday evening while walking home from a friend's house in this small town set amid forested hills west of Olympia. And now the entire town is worried.

Lindsey J. Baum was last seen at 9:15 p.m. Friday when she left her friend's home on Maple Street, where she had been visiting, said Dave Pimentel of the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office.

Lindsey was going to walk the four blocks to her home on Mommsen Road, which is roughly a 10-minute walk. But something happened in that short distance - Lindsey never arrived home.

Her mother reported her missing at 10:50 p.m. And as the hours drag by with no sign of her, the girl's family fears she may have been taken by a stranger.

Search teams have been out looking for the girl, using bloodhounds. Sheriff's deputies, meanwhile, are calling people who live in the neighborhood and also are going door to door to see if anyone heard or saw anything.

Other searchers are combing the nearby woods on ATVs. Everyone is anxious for any sign of the missing girl.

Pimentel said Lindsey has never been a runaway. "We don't suspect that at this time," he said.

The girl's disappearance has shocked many residents of McCleary, population 1,550, where the biggest employer is a lumber mill that manufactures doors and people know their neighbors.

"We don't know what happened to her yet. All we know is she's missing, and we're taking every effort we can to try and locate her," he added.

Police say it appears Lindsey walked at least part of the way with home with friends, who didn't see anything unusual.

Melissa McCann, a family friend, said, "This is a small town. These things don't happen. And yet here they are. She comes from her friend's (house) a lot, so it doesn't make sense that she didn't show up at home. We're just baffled."

"Such a small community like this - you can't do much in a town this size without everybody knowing about it," he said. "Everybody in town knows she's unaccounted for."

Lindsey's mother admits the 10-year old had been fighting with her brother in the moments before she was last seen, and that Lindsey is still upset about her parent's recent divorce.

But with every passing hour, there are mounting worries that the friendly girl who will talk with anybody is in serious trouble.

Lindsey was last seen wearing a gray hooded pullover sweatshirt, with blue jeans and black shoes. She stands about 4-feet-10-inches and weighs about 85 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Grays Harbor 911 Center at (800) 281-6944 or the McCleary Police Department at (360) 495-3107.

THE TRACKING DOGS

Why was Lindsey's scent not picked up by these dogs.  Think about it ... the Maple Street route was taken by her both going to and coming from the Kampen/Williams residence.

Janet

++++++

KOMO News - June 28, 2009

A wide-ranging search was launched early Saturday in the town and the surrounding forests. The town was criss-crossed three times, but not a trace of Lindsey has been found. Even bloodhounds failed to pick up her scent.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

The Daily World - July 2, 2009

Scott said authorities have run into several dead ends with almost no signs of the 4-foot-9, brown-haired girl, who was last spotted wearing a blue pullover shirt and blue jeans.

“I don’t know anything more than I knew Saturday afternoon,” he said, “but I’m not willing to admit that I know anything less.”

Scott said bloodhounds traced the route Lindsey took early on from the friend’s house to her own home, but didn’t find any scent. And in places where Lindsey once played — parks and by the creek — Lindsey’s scent has been vanishing.

The loss of scent could be a combination of factors — the heat on the sidewalk could have dissipated it for instance, he said.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

IN THE PROCESS OF ELIMINATION

One month too late!

In the process of elimination ... homes and property within that two block stretch from home where Lindsey was witnessed by a neighbour should have been searched at the getgo.  Residents should of been considered persons of interest and brought in for questioning ... not called by LE inquiring whether they saw anything.

In the process of elimination ... the home and property of Melissa Baum should have been search at the getgo.  When you consider the revealed dynamics encompassing Lindsey's brother ... Josh Baum should have been considered a person of interest and brought in for questioning.

In the process of elimination ... the home and property of Wayne Watnee should have been searched at the getgo.  When you consider where this man resides in relation to the the Baum residence and ... his connection to both Linsey and Josh ... this man should have been considered a person of interest and brought in for questioning.

Janet

++++++

Fresh eyes join search for missing girl
Story Published: Jul 28, 2009 at 5:55 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 28, 2009 at 6:15 PM PDT

By Luke Duecy  Watch the story MCCLEARY, Wash. -- It's been more than a month since Lindsey Baum disappeared while walking home from a friend's house, but investigators are not giving up.

On Tuesday, detectives from Pierce County joined the search, hoping to turn up new leads or tips in the case.

They searched homes, trash cans and crawl spaces near where Lindsey was last seen, and cadaver-sniffing dogs were also brought in to comb the area

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/51941307.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2009, 11:59:15 PM »

ya know,,  i guess i haven't been following this as much as ya'll....you've been so much more into it and can give it more energy than i can....god bless momkeys..pray for Lindsey

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2009, 12:08:15 AM »

Mamacrazy - have you even been following this case?  This is not the first "real" search. 

i guess i haven't been following it AT all.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.