March 28, 2024, 04:21:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum #3 7/28/09 - 8/26/09  (Read 513914 times)
atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #740 on: August 03, 2009, 05:29:17 PM »

Sorry off the subject,
they found a body of juvenile boy close to where the little 8 yr old went missing.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: August 03, 2009, 05:31:26 PM »

What led LE to focus in and conduct "six" searches of Mullin Creek within four days of Lindsey Baum disappearance.

Is the location of this Creek search anywhere near that two block stretch between 5th on Maple and the Baum residence?

Thank you.

Janet

++++++

Search ramps up for McCleary girl
10:19 PM PDT on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

After four days, searchers say they're trying to remain optimistic. Today Grays Harbor County called in the State Patrol's plane for help.

More dogs were called out to look in the neighborhood where Lindsey was last seen walking home from a friend's house Friday night.

Every option is still on the table for police, who say Lindsey could have been injured, lost, kidnapped or just ran away.

"We have not found evidence, we have not found circumstances, witnesses or information that speaks specifically as to what happened to Lindsey," said Scott.

Instead of kids playing in Jim Mullin's creek, search dogs were back on his property. It's the sixth time his place has been searched.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #742 on: August 03, 2009, 05:35:34 PM »

I just heard that sad news atlanta mom. Apparently a young boy wearing a blue shirt was pulled from a canal near the rental home and suburban that was searched. While they haven't confirmed yet, it doesn't sound good. Police canceled the press cponference.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: August 03, 2009, 05:45:47 PM »

O/T Robert Manwell breaking news.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5793.new#new

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #744 on: August 03, 2009, 06:42:03 PM »

OT- I don't know where to put this, but our site was quoted on FoxNews this evening by Brett Baier (spelling?). He read a quote someone wrote about "Sara Palin Derangement Syndrome."

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #745 on: August 03, 2009, 06:49:29 PM »

OT- I don't know where to put this, but our site was quoted on FoxNews this evening by Brett Baier (spelling?). He read a quote someone wrote about "Sara Palin Derangement Syndrome."

Go to the blog on the front page, about three or four stories down.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: August 03, 2009, 06:49:52 PM »

I show his show repeating at 4am EST on Fox,  I will record it, but maybe someone can record it for a you tube video so we can all see it!   (That is beyond my current skill set!)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: August 03, 2009, 06:51:51 PM »

JessStar, if it's OT, you might want to put it in musings, and we can take it from there.     Thanks for bringing it. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: August 03, 2009, 06:52:53 PM »

Go to the blog on the front page, about three or four stories down.

Thanks no rose 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #749 on: August 03, 2009, 06:55:51 PM »

Will do- thanks MuffyBee. You learn something new every day!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #750 on: August 03, 2009, 07:20:17 PM »

Fanny Mae, I recently had the same reaction as you are having to what tracygirl is saying. But it was in connection with Nevaeh-a little girl that (probably because of her tender age), really brought me to my knees. I'm a big hockey fan. I remember watching some of the stanley cup finals (the Detroit Redwings were playing), and watching all the Detroit fans cheering in their seats thinking "How could they!  A little girl is missing from your community, and you are watching hockey and cheering!"  That was my state of mind. But I had to realize that yes, life must go on. Nevaeh would want it that way, I'm sure. That doesn't mean for one second that I have forgotten about her. She is still in my thoughts and prayers, much like Sandra Cantu is.

I appreciate you noticing my distress over this. Monroe Mi is not in Detroit, but is a small community between Toledo and Detroit. Tracy, Ca is not the biggest place in the world either. but I remember the outpouring and the news and television ongoing reports. And the interviews going on with citizens who were beside themselves with worry. And the huge outporings of attendence for their vigils and memorials in both places. Yes, I guess life goes on, but the loss of a child in the area is still the topmost concern until they are found.

I have seen nothing like that in McCleary, Wa. I realize it is an out of the way place, probably someplace that most of us have never been to or lived in. It is just unfathomable to me that so many people in such a small place know nothing, and would just to prefer it to be that way. If the LE and the people in such a situation make it uncomfortable for media and outsiders to be there, they will leave. A simple fact. And it seems to be deliberately so.

As far as my remarks for the Bear Festival going on so close to the time of Lindsay being missing, now we are hearing how the city and the LE are underfunded, and the Grays County Sheriff's Office is thinking of cuts. I guess it looks to me like priotities of a missing child vesus disappointing this year's Bear Festival participants were measured, and guess who won? Ok, flyers were handed out to a few more people than those that live right in town. How did that work out for them? It sounds like a case of "Come to town, Leave your money, and then leave and leave us alone."

Fanny I know it is difficult. When the sandra cantu search was happening, sure there was what seemed like a lot of seachers but less then 3% of the people were actually active in the search. Tracy has a population of about 80,000 people believe it or not and it was said about 2000 people volunteered and not all were from Tracy. While she was missing it was a topic of conversation sure, but most people just went on with their daily lives. Kids played outside, sometimes by themselves, I saw young girl walking alone down the street believe it or not. There were baseball games, little league was starting up the season...I don't think no town ever just stops, I wish it would but that is not realistic I suppose. 
The memorial was visited by many people around that direct area which is heavily hispanic and catholic. Sandra was missing for what was it, 8-10 days before she was found? Lindsey has been lost now for so much longer. No matter how we wish everyone would stop and just look under ever stone, in every water way, in every single place, it just doesn't happen. I don't think it is because people don't care, it is because they can't handle the emotions of it all. As humans we need to protect ourselves so we survive. Sadly it is because of this I believe people just move on.
I find it frustrating to not be able to be there in McCleary. I was actually considering going there believe it or not but then we lost my fil and I had to use my time for that. I want to walk down the path she is said to have taken, speak to the people she knew, just watch and see what I can find...
I hope and pray LE can find this little girl soon, I pray she is alive and can be re-united again with her family. After reading about the body found in Idaho, poor little Robert, I have a son who is 9 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: August 03, 2009, 07:22:32 PM »

DIVORCE … NOT!!! Sarah & Todd Palin Divorce Rumors … Just More Lies from the Moonbat LEFT
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/08/01/divorce-not-sarah-todd-palin-divorce-rumors-just-more-lies-from-the-moonbat-left/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: August 03, 2009, 08:44:35 PM »

Snipped from the statement that was made in the past few minutes from Deputy Sheriff Jim Kerns, Ada Country Sheriff's office in reference to the body found that could be 8 yr old Robert Manwell's in a canal near Kuna, Idaho.

“A missing child is every family’s nightmare, and a nightmare for an entire community," Kerns said.

My question is, where is the same passion in McCleary, Wa?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Heidismom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #753 on: August 03, 2009, 10:00:48 PM »

Snipped from the statement that was made in the past few minutes from Deputy Sheriff Jim Kerns, Ada Country Sheriff's office in reference to the body found that could be 8 yr old Robert Manwell's in a canal near Kuna, Idaho.

“A missing child is every family’s nightmare, and a nightmare for an entire community," Kerns said.

Excuse Me???   We are not exactly Boise, or Kuna, either!
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: August 03, 2009, 10:16:32 PM »

Heidi, I agree.  I think it is ludicurious that anyone would think there isn't the passion and concern for finding Lindsey. That is just a small number of posters opinion.  It is just a smaller, less vocal community with a lot less police support and a lot less recourses.  Don't let that type of posts concern you.  I think the biggest problem you are facing is the lack of press coverage to keep Lindsey in the news. I am shocked that the KOMO's and the KING TV of the Seattle world aren't providing more coverage to keep the news current.  Keep up the good fight! 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #755 on: August 03, 2009, 10:19:21 PM »

Heidi, I agree.  I think it is ludicrous that anyone would think there isn't the passion and concern for finding Lindsey. That is just a small number of posters opinion.  It is just a smaller, less vocal community with a lot less police support and a lot less resource's Don't let that type of posts concern you.  I think the biggest problem you are facing is the lack of press coverage to keep Lindsey in the news. I am shocked that the KOMO's and the KING TV of the Seattle world aren't providing more coverage to keep the news current.  Keep up the good fight! 

SELF EDIT---sorry-

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #756 on: August 03, 2009, 10:21:07 PM »

Is that a question, or a statement.  Looks like a judgemental statement to me.

Heidismom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #757 on: August 03, 2009, 10:41:13 PM »

Heidi, I agree.  I think it is ludicurious that anyone would think there isn't the passion and concern for finding Lindsey. That is just a small number of posters opinion.  It is just a smaller, less vocal community with a lot less police support and a lot less recourses.  Don't let that type of posts concern you.  I think the biggest problem you are facing is the lack of press coverage to keep Lindsey in the news. I am shocked that the KOMO's and the KING TV of the Seattle world aren't providing more coverage to keep the news current.  Keep up the good fight! 
Thank You.  The Olympia paper was very lax in its coverage, & we are only 20 miles away. It was several days before they even mentioned Lindsey. The vigils could be advertised more. I personally knew nothing about the last one til the day after.  A friend told me the vigil was very briefly mentioned on one newscast, and I saw a large poster on the corner across from the park, but many of us do not go by there routinely

For whoever asked about the changes in town, no, I don't see children out playing or riding bikes nearly as much.  We were already considered overprotective, now the poor kids are barely out of sight.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #758 on: August 03, 2009, 10:49:52 PM »

Thank You.  The Olympia paper was very lax in its coverage, & we are only 20 miles away. It was several days before they even mentioned Lindsey. The vigils could be advertised more. I personally knew nothing about the last one til the day after.  A friend told me the vigil was very briefly mentioned on one newscast, and I saw a large poster on the corner across from the park, but many of us do not go by there routinely

For whoever asked about the changes in town, no, I don't see children out playing or riding bikes nearly as much.  We were already considered overprotective, now the poor kids are barely out of sight.

I would be overprotective too!  I have 3 granddaughters that live in Maple Valley, and I am emailing their parents constantly to be watchful!   

Why would the Olympia paper not be banner headling this when she went missing? 

How sad that the kids can't enjoy the freedom anymore of feeling safe in a small community.  Are you seeing officers in the area continuing the search efforts?  Most of us are all from such larger cities, that it is hard to imagine life in a very small town.  The dynamics must be very different. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #759 on: August 03, 2009, 11:05:15 PM »

Heidismom, do you know if they did find a location for the "information" center.  (I can't remember the name of the group seeking it.  Maybe some other monkey can recall).  I just remember that it was reported they were having a difficult time finding a place.  I too live in a very small community and the resources for something of this magnitude . . . well, there just aren't any.  I am sure the community is concerned, compassionate, and troubled.  Just because it's not reported in the news, doesn't make it not true.  In fact, many threads back, there was an article about why this case is not getting the coverage it rightly deserves.  I pray every morning and every night for Lindsey's safe return and for the safety of everyone in this community.  It must be an absolutely frightening time.  Blessings to all of you and thank you for posting.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.