March 28, 2024, 06:05:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum #3 7/28/09 - 8/26/09  (Read 513930 times)
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #840 on: August 07, 2009, 10:28:36 AM »

Karma - sent her the link. 

Sure hope we get some news on Lindsay case soon.  I am so sick of hearing about MJ - Lindsay is so much more important. 
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #841 on: August 07, 2009, 12:04:08 PM »

dd- we miss you in here

the lack of press releases in this case is very frustrating.  i just wish we had more information to go on.  i believe lindsey is close by and the person that did this is still roaming around the community.  she said she was scared on her myspace page and had that feeling that something bad was gonna happen to her.  i think there was someone in town that really freaked her out and that was following her. maybe this person even planned the whole thing out and was waiting for the perfect opportunity to snatch her.  looking at the terrain from the pictures recently posted, i can see that it could be difficult for her to be found.  i think whoever took her unfortunately killed her and dug a hole in the woods within 10 miles of mccleary. i hope and pray that i am wrong, but this is my gut feeling.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #842 on: August 07, 2009, 12:25:32 PM »

I agree on all points Sunshine12, especially that we miss DoubleDecker!

Those aerial photos were excellent.  Gives you a real sense of the diverse landscape outlying McCleary that needs to be searched, IMO. 

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: August 07, 2009, 01:25:13 PM »

One other thing I noticed from the photos, JMO of course, is that McCleary is a town not of great wealth.  It sure would be nice if they could get the reward money up to $25K+.  People might start talkin'.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #844 on: August 07, 2009, 02:02:02 PM »

What's the reward at now?

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #845 on: August 07, 2009, 02:08:58 PM »

What's the reward at now?
I believe it is $10,000. I could be wrong, I thought it was still at $6000.00 when I posted that.  ^^^^^^

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #846 on: August 07, 2009, 03:24:02 PM »

dd- we miss you in here

the lack of press releases in this case is very frustrating.  i just wish we had more information to go on.  i believe lindsey is close by and the person that did this is still roaming around the community.  she said she was scared on her myspace page and had that feeling that something bad was gonna happen to her.  i think there was someone in town that really freaked her out and that was following her. maybe this person even planned the whole thing out and was waiting for the perfect opportunity to snatch her.  looking at the terrain from the pictures recently posted, i can see that it could be difficult for her to be found.  i think whoever took her unfortunately killed her and dug a hole in the woods within 10 miles of mccleary. i hope and pray that i am wrong, but this is my gut feeling.

Sadly, after time most missing people cases media coverage slows down or stops completely and will only pick it back up if there is a break in the case. They need a "story" to cover.
Lindsey's family and friends have to be proactive to keep her name in the media. Lindsey's family/friends have to hold vigils, hold fundraising events, agree to do interviews, they have to become Lindsey's advocate to keep her name and picture in the news, they need to create that "story" that the newspapers and TV stations will want to cover.
Here are some ideas in case KaraK is reading here still.

*  Organize students who will distribute posters and flyers.
    * Appearances on radio or television talk shows by parents (radio can be done in-studio by telephone, live or taped.)
    * Radio stations all across the state can be asked to play your child’s favorite song or a song selected by parents, e.g., “Somewhere Out There” from “An American Tale” and have the song dedicated to the child.
    * Hold a rally at the child’s school with music and prayers.
    * Organize a benefit dance and/or auction.
    * Contact area sports teams to include photos and story in their programs and possibly have a P.A. announcement made at games.
    * Produce buttons or T-shirts with your child’s name.
    * Dedication of a garden or a tree to the child.
    * Hold a candlelight vigil indoors or outdoors.
    * Bowling tournaments, marathons, etc. dedicated to your child.
    * Contact banks or local businesses to dedicate a Christmas tree/lights to the child.
    * Contact radio stations offering to do a telephone interview to remind people to keep watching and looking for the child.
    * Have classmates do a letter writing campaign, writing to friends and families across the country telling about the missing child.
    * Organize a human chain linking communities school to school, house to church, etc. Radio stations can help organize the crowd. Ask sports celebrities to participate.
    * Public Service Announcements and appeals for help on radio and television.
    * Mass release of helium filled balloons imprinted with child’s name, or with information about the missing child inside.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #847 on: August 07, 2009, 03:26:38 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5851.0

klaas has posted a list of media contacts here.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #848 on: August 07, 2009, 03:48:26 PM »

I've been thinking of Lindsey and how sad the whole thing really is. I haven't forgotten her. I have thought of all the things that everyone here has also considered. I agree that all scenarios have been explored. I don't think anything or any one thing has been over looked here. Everyone has pretty much had their thoughts posted and explanations examined.

And of course people don't just vanish or dematerialize. It doesn't happen. I think it's safe to rule out a bigfoot abduction as there has only been one person that ever claimed he was abducted by a bigfoot. That a funny story unto itself and better suited for the musing thread I suppose.

In thinking of what could have happened to Lindsey, I am quite sure this is an abduction. In fact, I am 110% sure. But what type of abduction? Someone from the net? I don't think so and her computer records have been carefully examined - after all it's been more than a month and adequate time to examine all technical forensic data. I think this is not the avenue LE is searching. And as I posted the other day - I think the LE is telling the truth - they don't know what happened. Sorry to say - they are stymied. What could the LE gain by playing a game with information? none that I can see and a little girl is missing. Games are better used on terrorists to gain info, not round up a phantom church cult when a little girl needs to be found.

I believe this is a stranger abduction and a crime of opportunity. Maybe I'm wrong, and unlike other posters - I don't think she is nearby at all. I sure hope I'm wrong. This type of abduction would be the most difficult to solve and I think this has many of the hallmarks.

In thinking about what happened - MAYBE NO ONE SAW ANYTHING. I know I know - how could that happen? We have one person saying she saw her walking to a point and that was it. Dogs pick her scent up to an area and that was that. A creek area was search 6 times and nothing. I don't think anyone saw anything and as hard as that is to believe - I think that's what happened. Stranger things have happened and children have even been abducted out of their own rooms while the parents have been in the same house on the same floor. It happens. And sometimes no one sees anything.

I guess it's always easier for us as internet posters to say - someone knows something and is holding that info. Maybe that's not the case here and no one knows anything. I know that an extremely bitter pill to swallow, but how do you explain what happened here over the last 6 weeks? I have no explanation other than  - no one saw anything.

Maybe this white mystery van with the Washington plates was used. A van would block three lines of sight. And if someone used a van - there is a good chance that there is an accomplice that does the snatching and grabbing with the side doors as the other person drives. This eliminates the need to really stop and draw attention. There is a reason those vans are called serial killer vans. And abduction like this could take seconds. That's all it would take - 5 seconds and gone.

Anyway - I have not forgotten about Lindsey and wonder where she is and hope there is a big break in the case soon. I hope her family receieves the strength they need to make it through the days ahead as the wait for her to return...

Prayers for Lindsey.   

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #849 on: August 07, 2009, 04:08:24 PM »

You know, Rob, I was originally of the thought that Lindsey was abducted by someone she knew or that she was familiar with.  This originally had all the hallmarks of an "acquaintance" abduction.  But as more and more time passes without Lindsey being found, I am beginning to sway from that belief.  It is becoming more and more likely that this was a stranger abduction, and a crime of opportunity.  So I'm saddened to say, I think you are right.  And if that's the case, it will be a long time before Lindsey is found, and even a longer time that this case is solved.   

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #850 on: August 07, 2009, 04:24:57 PM »

You know, Rob, I was originally of the thought that Lindsey was abducted by someone she knew or that she was familiar with.  This originally had all the hallmarks of an "acquaintance" abduction.  But as more and more time passes without Lindsey being found, I am beginning to sway from that belief.  It is becoming more and more likely that this was a stranger abduction, and a crime of opportunity.  So I'm saddened to say, I think you are right.  And if that's the case, it will be a long time before Lindsey is found, and even a longer time that this case is solved.   

jessStar-i couldn't agree more. i have admired all of your hardwork in the nevaeh forum as well.

i think rob hit the nail on the head with his post.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #851 on: August 07, 2009, 04:37:30 PM »

jessStar-i couldn't agree more. i have admired all of your hardwork in the nevaeh forum as well.

i think rob hit the nail on the head with his post.

Thank you Sunshine.  The truth is, I wish there was more I could do.  I go to sleep at night thinking about these kids and they pop into my head the moment I wake up.  This is especially true with Neveah because of her tender years and the circumstances surrounding how she likely died.  It eats me inside.  And it eats me inside knowing that someone out there has all the answers but no conscience.  Yes, I have my own inventory of cases that I handle as part of my "real" job, and you'd think that after 15 years, I'd be somewhat sensitized to this.  But I'm not.  And nothing I have or had (thankfully) remotely compares to Nevaeh's case. I'm afraid that my heart has been forever broken, and that my mind will not be at rest until the devil him/herself is arrested, charged and convicted.

God Bless all these little children that have been dealt the worst hand of cards imagineable in a game they never chose to play.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #852 on: August 07, 2009, 08:32:35 PM »

A question for the locals: how well publicized is the reward?  Would fliers help?

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #853 on: August 07, 2009, 08:56:21 PM »

You're very welcome Leroy and NoRose
Have a great day,I'll be back later when I have more time to really look at these images.If anyone posts on DD's site,can you make sure she see's these images?Also,can you post on DD's site by not registering,by being a guest?I have some things DD may be interested in.

Karma,
Not sure about posting as guest - but I will tell her.  I think she still reads here, but I am not positive.  My email is in profile so if you want me to send her anything - just email me. 
Okey dokey NewsJunkie
I'll email you tomorrow,thank you.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #854 on: August 07, 2009, 09:51:31 PM »

A question for the locals: how well publicized is the reward?  Would fliers help?

JessStar - don't you just wish we could hop on a plane, go look - set up a center and get someone local as motivated as monkeys are?  It breaks my heart, but it seems as if nobody local is willing to give up their time to spearhead this.  If I were only closer.   
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #855 on: August 07, 2009, 11:24:20 PM »

I have a phone number those calls were made from for the report, I have the time PERIOD but no actual date.  I can't post the phone number on here.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: August 07, 2009, 11:26:08 PM »

supposedly 3-4 calls were made and one to cps and said she does not know if a report was made or not

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #857 on: August 08, 2009, 04:40:11 AM »

Yes, ANJ, I wish I could. I need someone to answer my fliers question!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #858 on: August 08, 2009, 10:06:21 AM »

supposedly 3-4 calls were made and one to cps and said she does not know if a report was made or not
  cps, child protective services? What kind of report?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: August 08, 2009, 10:23:57 AM »

cps, child protective services? What kind of report?

It would appear that there is some credibility to mlachester's words ... words that imply that Josh Baum should be considered a person of interest in the process of elimination in the investigation into the disappearance of his sister.

Janet

+++++++

mlachester 1 day ago wrote:

To answer the questions everyone has asked, Yes I have talked to police and as far as things being unfounded its more of lazy work by cps and I don't know what the police were thinking. Since Lindsey has gone missing I have helped serch and put fliers up. I was called by the agents investigating and told them what I know. And this is no nick name everyone in McCleary knows who I am. Its no big secret she had came to my house to call 911 when her brother had done things to her. I hope lindsey is hiding and she finds a way to get to someone for help to tell them why. But as everyday gose by the fear gets worse.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html?ocp=2#slcgm_comments_anchor

mlachester 2 hours ago wrote:

I am close to her and I know a lot more than the media or law enforcement are saying right now. … Sorry if you don't like the truth but I have never been one to keep the truth in and she should of been taken the first time she called 911 from my house asking for help instead of put in a police car and taken back to her abuser!"

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor...omments_anchor

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.