April 28, 2024, 12:21:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert Manwill 8, missing 7/24/09 Boise, Idaho (BODY FOUND)  (Read 416077 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2009, 08:08:28 PM »

Nancy Grace is also covering Robert tonight.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2009, 08:13:28 PM »

Family members of missing boy have criminal histories

05:45 PM MDT on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ysabel Bilbao/KTVB

BOISE -- The search in Boise for a missing 8-year-old boy continues to expand.

Robert Manwill lives with his father in New Plymouth most of the year but is spending the summer with his mother in Boise.

While we have seen Robert's mother and her boyfriend at many of the news conferences, we know very little about them.

Many of the adults in Robert's life have a criminal history.

Police won't address the family's issues telling us they are focused on finding this missing child.

But court records obtained by NewsChannel 7 say Robert's mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins, was charged with felony injury to a child in October 2008.  She later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor.

The documents say Jenkins hit her 9-month-old son's head on a surface.

The infant suffered a fractured skull that caused not only physical pain, but mental suffering as well.

The mother's boyfriend, Daniel Edward Ehrlick, is the father of the infant.

Ehrlick has a criminal history including burglary and has served time in prison.

According to sealed documents obtained by the Idaho Statesman, during a visitation hearing for Jenkins' two-and-a-half-year-old daughter, Jenkins stated she did not want her boyfriend, Ehrlick alone with her daugther. The reason she said that was not stated.

[me - was he molesting her? why didn't she want Ehrlick alone with her daughter?]

Robert's father, Charles Manwill, has had custody of Robert since January of 2008.

According to the Statesman, a former wife served 10 years in prison for the voluntary manslaughter of the couple's 4-year-old son, an incident that happened 15 years ago while he was stationed on a military base in Louisiana.

The Statesman uncovered federal court documents saying "upon sudden quarrel and in the heat of passion" Silke Manwill stabbed the child in the chest.

There is discussion and debate on whether this information is relevant since police have not charged anyone with a crime at this time.

Family members have been attending daily news conferences assisting police in the search.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-jul2909-missing_boy_family.8c056ada.html

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2009, 08:40:17 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110415278671

Facebook group for Robert started by someone in Boise.

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2009, 01:20:39 AM »

Are Boise LE taking a good look at the mom and boyfriend?

It just seems really suspicious to me that the mother has priors for child abuse and now her 8 year old son is missing.

On NG someone called in and commented that it's not normal for an 8 year old to be out at 9:30 PM by himself and I agree. Some facts in this case are really suspicious.

I hope this little boy comes home.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2009, 03:35:16 AM »

It just seems really suspicious to me that the mother has priors for child abuse and now her 8 year old son is missing.

On NG someone called in and commented that it's not normal for an 8 year old to be out at 9:30 PM by himself and I agree. Some facts in this case are really suspicious.

I imagine LE wanted to keep the focus on finding Robert and investigate Mom and boyfriend behind the scenes, maybe trying to make sure they do everything by the book to insure a conviction of those responsible....

I don't mean to sound negative but I do not feel like this is going to turn out like we would hope, JMO. I would love to be proved wrong! I can't stop thinking about this beautiful boy and all he has possibly endured in 8 years. This case has really taken a hold of me being a mom of two boys.

Seeing all the dedication and compassion of many of the monkeys here gives me hope that we can make a difference somehow in what this world has come to.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2009, 03:39:18 AM »

Hello Tina Bee!

I am certain Boise LE are looking very carefully at these two individuals. 
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2009, 10:26:48 AM »

BOISE POLICE EXPANDING MANWILL SEARCH
ASKING FOR MORE COMMUNITY VOLUNTEERS

• The Boise Police Department is asking for citizens to volunteer in an expanded one-day foot search Friday, July 31st, for missing 8-year old Robert Manwill. Businesses and service organizations, along with individual residents are encouraged to help in this community wide effort, divided into three three-hour periods.

• Volunteers can show up at one of three locations:

 Garfield Elementary (1914 S Broadway Ave)
 South Junior High (805 Shoshone St)
 Hillcrest Branch Library (5246 W Overland Road)

• Citizens can show up at 9:00 a.m, 12:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. at any of the locations to work three hour shifts. People can volunteer for more than one shift.

• Volunteers NEED to be 18-years or older, they must bring a photo ID and are asked to bring the following items:

 Sturdy shoes (hiking boots, high top tennis shoes)
 One to two quarts of water
 Sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses
 A snack(s)
 A cell phone (if possible, not mandatory)

• Please DO NOT bring bicycles, strollers or pets.

• Be prepared to walk some distance.

• 500-1,000 volunteers are anticipated, but there is no limit to the number of volunteers.

Fact sheet, Wednesday, July 29th, 2009, 2:00 p.m.

Find Robert Tip Line: 570-6457 or findrobert@cityofboise.org

Robert is being considered an endangered missing child, and has been since he was reported missing, because of his age and the length of time he’s been away from home.

Robert's Description: Robert Manwill is 8 years old, roughly 4'2, weighing approximately 50 lbs. dark brown hair, brown eyes.

Updated Clothing description: Robert was last known to be wearing a faded blue t-shirt with a Superman design, blue jeans and dark tennis shoes.

Robert was reportedly last seen sometime Friday evening, July 24th, around the Oak Park apartment complex 2800 W. Cherry, near Vista and Targee. Reported missing to Boise Police at 10:11 p.m. Friday night.

So far, no evidence of an abduction.

Robert’s family is continuing to cooperate with investigators. New family members have arrived from around the country for support.

What Can People Do:

Community members are being urged to volunteers for a one day massive search effort, friday, July 31st. See information posted above.

A missing person flyer is available to download at www.boisepolice.org. Citizens are welcome to print and post the flyer in appropriate area.

Family members say Robert is like many 8 year old boys, he's inquisitive and likes to explore. Residents are asked to search their garages, backyards, any area that may be accessible to a child. If something out of the ordinary is found, please call the Find Robert Tip Line: 570-6457.

Anyone with any information about Robert, or who may Find Robert Tip Line: 570-6457 or findrobert@cityofboise.org.

Investigation:

Today, approx. 40 officers continued their house to house search, talking to anyone who may have seen Robert. Specifically, the officers are, not only looking for evidence, but still trying to determine a timeline of Robert’s activities on the day he disappeared.

More than 120 Registered Sex Offenders within a 2-mile radius of where Robert disappeared have been questioned at least once by detectives.

Leads:

The Find Robert Tip Line has become more active. More than 125 leads have been received and are being actively followed. Citizens are encouraged to continue to provide any information, including sightings of Robert beginning Friday morning, July 24th.

These leads from citizens are greatly appreciated and underscore the concern the entire community has for this missing little boy.

There are many questions about the nature of the leads detectives are following. We understand the public has those questions and has the right to ask them. But we hope folks understand, it’s the very nature of police investigations, that until the case is conclude, in this case, until we find Robert… specifics and details of this very active, ongoing, priority investigation cannot be released.

Until Robert is found, every lead in any direction is being worked. Nothing is being discounted, everything is being scrutinized.

Volunteers:

Approx 35 Volunteers continued their grid search today, being coordinated by Boise Police and experts from the Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue. Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue volunteers have been a terrific help to this investigation.

Today, members of the Red Cross were also on scene at the volunteer check in area, at Vista & Targee, providing volunteers water and assistance. They're help too is greatly appreciated by Boise Police.

Thursday, July 30, there will NOT be a volunteer search. Volunteers are being given a day off to recoup, and organizers need the day to prepare for Friday's large effort

Volunteers have been looking for anything that would help identify where Robert is or has been, possibly items of clothing or personal affects. Volunteers are searching only public areas. If they find anything that may be of importance, they contact a police officer, who evaluates it for possible evidence.

Praying Robert is found today.

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2009, 02:00:27 PM »

i just wanted to comment that i am very impressed by the LE in this case.  I feel very confident that they are doing the best they can to find Robert.  I wish this was how the police responded in the Lindsey Baum case..

On another note...

I am very disturbed by the abusive family life robert had to endure.  it makes me sick.  there is no way that the first time the mother abused a child was when she fractured his younger brother's skull... i used to work for CPS and i will say that it is very frustrating to try to ensure the welfare of children in their homes when the laws are made to protect the parents rights... i think the mother and her boyfriend need to be given poly's asap..ugh.
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2009, 02:41:38 PM »

PinkAngel- Thank you for posting tomorrow search information on Twitter.   I hope they hope everyone in the Boise area volunteers.

burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2009, 03:12:16 PM »

i just wanted to comment that i am very impressed by the LE in this case.  I feel very confident that they are doing the best they can to find Robert.  I wish this was how the police responded in the Lindsey Baum case..

On another note...

I am very disturbed by the abusive family life robert had to endure.  it makes me sick.  there is no way that the first time the mother abused a child was when she fractured his younger brother's skull... i used to work for CPS and i will say that it is very frustrating to try to ensure the welfare of children in their homes when the laws are made to protect the parents rights... i think the mother and her boyfriend need to be given poly's asap..ugh.

I imagine LE wanted to keep the focus on finding Robert and investigate Mom and boyfriend behind the scenes, maybe trying to make sure they do everything by the book to insure a conviction of those responsible....

I don't mean to sound negative but I do not feel like this is going to turn out like we would hope, JMO. I would love to be proved wrong! I can't stop thinking about this beautiful boy and all he has possibly endured in 8 years. This case has really taken a hold of me being a mom of two boys.

Seeing all the dedication and compassion of many of the monkeys here gives me hope that we can make a difference somehow in what this world has come to.
Hello Cartfly!  I agree all the dedication and compassion that is shown by every monkeys is insipiring. 

burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2009, 03:32:39 PM »

I am so sorry for mess up the quote boxes.   

Sunshine 12-I agree, I am glad LE is keeping the focus on finding Robert.  When the focus is on an 8-year old missing little boy, everystone will be unturned to find him.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2009, 06:13:05 PM »

I am so sorry for mess up the quote boxes.   

Sunshine 12-I agree, I am glad LE is keeping the focus on finding Robert.  When the focus is on an 8-year old missing little boy, everystone will be unturned to find him.

I agree.
I see all the comments on the Idaho newspaper sites about how BPD is handling this case. Why have the parents not been given a polygraph, why are they not looking at the parents? That the parents know where Robert is...etc.

Trust me. The police are looking HARD at everyone in young Robert's life. They may very well have taken or refused polygraph tests. They may very well be suspects number one BUT the BPD is not letting the public know and saying "no comment" when it's asked questions about the family.

They don't want to talk about the parents because of the fact that talking about the parents takes the public focus off of Robert (where it needs to be) and puts it on the parents. (which does nothing to help FIND Robert.)

If they were to arrest the parents or whoever they may or may not suspect BEFORE Robert is found, the chances of finding Robert then become even smaller. Once a suspect lawyers up, they are not telling what may or may not have happened to Robert.

If they let the suspect roam and give them a sense of security, while keeping them under a watchful eye and ear...they may slip up and give a clue to what happened or where Robert may be.

just my opinion

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2009, 07:45:01 PM »

Missing boy's dad grateful for all the public support

05:13 PM MDT on Thursday, July 30, 2009

Scott Evans/KTVB

Deren Martinez-KTVB

Charles Manwill thanked the public, law enforcement and the National Guard for all their help in trying to find his son Robert.

BOISE -- The National Guard is now involved in the search for 8-year-old Robert Manwill who has been missing for six days.

And for the first time today Robert’s father speaks out publically about the search for his son.

"My heart goes out to the community for all the help we have received in the search for my lost son. I also want to thank the Boise Police Department for their tireless effort, the FBI and my brothers in the National Guard, they're family men, family women, they want to bring this boy home, that all that matters to us at this point," said Charles Manwill, Robert’s father.

Manwill went missing Friday, and was last seen near his Boise apartment complex in the area of Targee and Vista Avenue in Boise. Since that time, crews have scoured the area looking for the boy. He is 4-foot-2, weighs 50 pounds, and has short brown hair.

Today is the first day since the search began that citizens didn't go out and search, but that doesn't mean people weren't out searching.

Between last night and today, 135 men and women from the Idaho National Guard and the Idaho Bureau of Homeland Security searched for Robert.

Lt. Col. Tim Narsano with the Idaho National Guard says they add a skill set that the general public doesn't necessarily have.

We’re also told that 75 police officers are going to be leading Friday's massive search. That’s on top of the other officers and detectives working behind the scenes.

Here are the details of Friday's public search for Robert:

- Three 3-hour shifts are being set up - and officers are hoping 700 to 1,000 volunteers will turn out and help scour an area on the Boise Bench near where Robert went missing.

- If you would like to volunteer, you are asked to show up at one of three locations - South Junior High at 805 Shoshone, Garfield Elementary at Broadway and Boise avenues or the Hillcrest Branch of the Boise Public Library at Overland Road and Orchard Street.

- You must be 18 years or older and have ID to prove it.  Also, this is a search by foot, so they're asking you wear sturdy shoes, bring water and sunscreen. Police ask that you not bring bicycles, strollers or pets.

- The three shifts will begin at 9 a.m., noon and 3 p.m. Volunteers may work more than one shift if they choose. Those showing up are asked to be prepared to walk, and should bring sunscreen and water. Dogs and small children should be left at home. Businesses are being asked to volunteer workers as well.

Police are not sure how far the search will stretch - that will be determined by the number of volunteers that show up.

Ribbons for Robert

KTVB

An effort is underway to make green ribbons for all the people helping in the search for Robert Manwill.

Meanwhile, one Boise woman is taking on a large effort as well.

A couple of days ago we talked to Devon Jacobson, who's been making green ribbons to show support for Robert Manwill.

Today, she's trying to make more ribbons for all the volunteers who will help look for the boy Friday.

"My new goal is to have at least a thousand by tomorrow morning when volunteers start to show up for this big, massive search. I mean if somebody wants to come down here with me and sit on a blanket and tie ribbons and put pins on that would be great as well," said Jacobson.

Jacobson says she needs more supplies and more help.

She plans on being at Targee and Vista Friday with all the ribbons made.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-jul3009-manwill_dad.91078c8c.html

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2009, 07:47:09 PM »

New Plymouth holds out hope Robert will come home

07/30/2009 05:08 PM MDT

Ysabel Bilbao/KTVB

KTVB

Robert Manwill attended class at New Plymouth Elementary School.

NEW PLYMOUTH -- Robert Manwill had just completed the second grade at New Plymouth Elementary School.

NewsChannel 7 talked to Robert's teacher today about the 8-year-old boy that so many people are desperately trying to find.

Christy Morales has been in education for 17 years and never had one of her students go missing.

She is now active in helping with the efforts to find Robert.

"You open up a dumpster and you see a tennis shoe or you go, we were up by the railroad tracks and we saw blankets and stuff and it's a heart stop moment when you think oh, you know he could be there or something could be there," said Morales.

She didn't want to finish her sentence there because Mrs. Morales, as she was known to Robert and the rest of his class, is hopeful search efforts will find the child.

Robert had only been at the school for a year after recently moving in with his father.

Morales describes Robert has a kind, loving child who was smart.

A mother herself, she worries about being alone and vulnerable, and hopes he would be able to defend himself in a tough situation.

"My kids say why are you sighing, and I am like, 'I am just thinking about Robert and praying for Robert and wondering where he is,'" said Morales. "No matter how it looks, miracles can happen, so we are hopeful."

She remains hopeful that Robert will walk into his 3rd grade classroom next month.

The school's principal along with New Plymouth's mayor are calling the town to action.

They are asking anyone over 18 to meet at the elementary school at 1:15 p.m. Friday.

School busses and others willing to carpool will then travel to Boise to help with the massive search for Robert.

The goal from this small town of 1,400 people is to have 200 volunteers.
http://www.ktvb.com/news/canyoncounty/ktvbn-jul3009-new_plymouth.91167eb1.html

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2009, 10:06:26 PM »

so sad......

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2009, 10:11:04 PM »

Pink Let us and everyone Pray for Robert

This poor child has a family of  issues and horrible pasts ..

May he not become another boy/male/child lost within the Media ..like Adji.
Missing Boys are not the same in the eye of Media, it is sad but true.

Let him be found quickly and returned Safely. 
I am praying for him. Little guy has been through enough in 8 yrs.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2009, 11:04:04 PM »

Massive Volunteer Search For 8-Year Old Boy

Posted: July 30, 2009 07:22 PM

Updated: July 30, 2009 07:22 PM

For six days search crews have combed Boise streets looking for Robert Manwill and tonight, on the eve of an unprecedented volunteer effort, he remains missing.

75 police officers will put their efforts to coordinate 3 massive volunteer search groups.

Police from all over the Treasure Valley are asking anyone and everyone to dedicate their time tomorrow to find the missing 8-year old boy.

Taking a deep breath and fighting back tears, Robert's father thanked everyone for helping the family look for his son.

"My heart goes out to the community for all the help and support we've received and the search for my lost son," said Robert's father Charles Manwill.

As Robert's family stood strong, they said they don't want the public to concentrate on the family's troubled past. Instead they should have only one thing on their minds.

"We do not know why people think any of this, matters. We are asking everyone to stay focused on our target on hand and that's to bring Robert home," said Robert's Aunt Trisha Burrill.

Even the Boise Police Department spoke about their dedication in finding Robert.

Detectives are working around the clock, trying to follow more than 200 leads.

That's why they're asking everyone to take the search seriously.

"This investigation is not a TV show, it's not an episode of Law & Order that ends in 60 minutes," said the Boise Police Deputy Chief Jim Kerns.

On Friday the effort will intensify as police will get ready to coordinate one of the biggest searches they've had in a while.

"Wear a green ribbon, wear a green shirt to show support that we're trying to find Robert," said Burrill.

Volunteers for Friday's search can show up at any of 3 different locations: Garfield Elementary, South Junior High School, or the Hillcrest Library.

They can start showing up from 9am, Noon, or 3 in the afternoon.

http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10822942

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2009, 11:07:07 PM »

Idaho National Guard Join Search For Missing Boy

BOISE, IDAHO--

Members of the Idaho National Guard and Bureau of Homeland Security map out their locations in the search of missing 8-year-old Robert Manwill. Guardsmen and women canvassed remote areas looking for clues that could possible lead them to Robert.

"We have personnel out there that are scouts, they are trained in looking for things that the untrained eye may not see", says Lt. Col. Tim Marsano.

They checked fields and garbage bins hoping to find a trace of the young boy missing now for 6 days.

"We're looking for items of interest that may not have been uncovered", Marsano said.

At the day six briefing Police and Guardsmen would not comment on what lead them to begin looking in this direction but National Guard officials say they are equipped for the job and can provide more resources in the quest to find the 8-year-old boy who vanished from home.

"We know that area, we work out there, we drive those roads everyday do we can see things maybe the average person couldn't", says Marsano.

The Idaho National Guard says they will be apart of the search efforts for as long as they are needed.

http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10822929

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2009, 11:09:39 PM »

CANVAS INSTRUCTIONS FOR CITIZEN VOLUNTEERS Friday, July 31st

The Boise Police Department and local law enforcement is grateful for your willingness to volunteer in assisting us with an area canvas. The purpose of this canvas is to locate Robert Manwill.

Instructions:

1 - Each of you will be assigned to a search team led by a police officer, sheriff deputy or probation officer. It is imperative you follow the direction of your officer.

2- You will only search public areas, ie, roadways, parks, sidewalks, canal banks, etc.

3- You will not enter private property.

4- We are specifically looking for Robert Manwill or items that may lead to his location. Items of clothing or personal effects especially.

5- When you locate something you believe may be of interest, you are to notify the officer leading your team. Please do not touch or otherwise disturb the item.

6- If you are uncertain how to proceed, ask for direction from your team officer.

7- You will be issued an orange safety vest to be worn while searching,.

8- It is imperative you sign in and sign out during the period of time you are on a search team. This is to be accomplished at the location you registered. You will surrender your orange vest at that time.

9- You may participate in more than one search period, but this will still require you to sign in again, and be reassigned to a search team and reissued a safety vest.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2009, 11:12:27 PM »

Comments from Deputy Chief Jim Kerns of the Boise Police Department, 2:00 p.m., Thursday, July 30th media briefing:

Good afternoon, I’m Deputy Chief of Police Jim Kerns from the Boise Police Department.

With me today, again, is Robert’s family. We appreciate their continued support. Robert’s picture is posted around our police department and our internal search command centers. Robert continues to inspire us all, and again, that’s why we’re here today, to update our efforts to find Robert Manwill.

Also with me today is Lt. Colonel Tim Marsano of the Idaho National Guard.

First today, let me update you on our public search.

Citizen volunteers took the day off from searching today, but we had more than 60 volunteers from the Idaho National Guard out searching today, and more than 50 Guard volunteers last night.

These guardsmen have not been officially activated, they are volunteering their time and their expertise. Last night and today they’ve been searching outlaying areas looking for any sign of Robert. As you can imagine, they work with military precision and efficiency. We’re happy to have the Idaho National Guard as part of our public search team. We’ll hear from Lt. Colonel Marsano in a few moments.

Let me also say, and I want to make this very understandable to media and the public.

The public search that includes hundreds of volunteers is very visible… but I assure you, only the tip of the iceburg of our efforts to find Robert.

This investigation is not a TV show, not a episode of Law and Order that ends in 60-minutes, not meant for public entertainment.

This is an intensive investigation that is taking place in dozens of locations at any given time, involving dozens and dozens of some of the best local, state, and federal investigators, who do their work without TV cameras and microphones in front of them.

In fact, just the opposite. Because of the very nature of police investigations, so leads aren’t compromised, so detectives can talk to people without the glare of TV cameras, detectives are working around the clock and following the more than 200 leads that have come in through our Find Robert Tip Line. The investigators focus is finding Robert.

Again, I have to thank the FBI, our local supervisory agent Jon Morton, his boss Scott Cruse, the local federal agents who we work with almost every day, to the extensive resources brought into Boise from literally all over the country.

Those faces and resources are something you won’t see on TV. But they’re working tirelessly. I know I speak for, not only the men and women of the Boise Police Department, but all the citizens of Boise, when I tell these people who have come to our city under the most stressful of circumstances, thank you for being here to help us find this little boy.

Now more on tomorrow’s volunteer search…

The volunteers we’ve had up to this time have done amazing work. They’ve completed an intense search of approx. one-mile of public areas surrounding the apartment complex where Robert was last seen.

It’s time in the investigation to broaden out.

Our call is for anyone and everyone in the community who can work, even for a three-hour shift, to come out and help tomorrow.

Something else I have to make very clear.

Any volunteer search effort must be organized to be effective. The way the search is set up tomorrow, volunteers will come to one of three locations. They’ll be assigned in groups and each group will have a police officer leading and assisting them.

Safety of our citizens is very important. Please take note of the requirements for searchers, they’re posted at www.boisepolice.org. Wear proper clothing, shoes, hats and sunscreen. Bring water. Don’t bring pets and small children, you must be over 18 and bring your legal ID. Be prepared to walk a significant distance.

Volunteers from our local Red Cross as well as safety officers from the Boise Fire Department will be assisting with volunteer safety, as will Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue crews.

75 officers will be assigned tomorrow JUST to this massive volunteer search. Again – this does not include the number of officers who will continue following investigative leads, this is 75 officers just for the volunteer search.

And they come from all over the valley, Boise Police, Meridian, Garden City, and Idaho State Police, as well as Ada County Sheriff’s Deputies.

Planning for this search has been extensive. In advance, we ask people’s patience. It may take awhile to get all the volunteers who show up checked-in, but any wait we have will only be because so many in our community want to help.

Robert has found his way into all our hearts.

With that, let me introduce Lt. Colonel Tim Marsano of the Idaho National Guard.

Tim is in uniform but he represents dozens of volunteers from the guard today who, while not activated or on duty, gave their time to the search for finding Robert – Tim…

Lt. Col. Tim Marsano comments

Let me again thank the family members of Robert Manwill who have continued to stand with us, Robert’s Aunt, Trish Burrill.

Trish’s comments.

Robert’s father speaks (father’s wife, Robert’s step mom was standing behind him)

Finally – let me reiterate something I hope you can see is very clear.

This is the middle of day- six that Robert has been missing. Yet the search for him is as active and intense today as it was in the hours after the initial report was made.

We ask our community to keep Robert in your prayers, keep the investigators, who are sacrificing time with their own families, in your prayers, and give us all the strength to keep looking until we find this little boy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.