April 27, 2024, 10:13:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert Manwill 8, missing 7/24/09 Boise, Idaho (BODY FOUND)  (Read 415967 times)
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1380 on: August 10, 2009, 11:29:19 AM »

Thanks Pink!  Now that Robert has been laid to rest, I hope today is the day that the person/people who are responsible are arrested.
Me too. And thanks for all the articles and pictures. I will say also that Robert's mom looked genuine, but I have been fooled by people on several occasions, so I will wait and see what develops.

I agree Mom looked genuine but I think she knows and played some part in this.  To what degree, I'm not sure.  JMO

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1381 on: August 10, 2009, 06:36:59 PM »

Thanks Pink!  Now that Robert has been laid to rest, I hope today is the day that the person/people who are responsible are arrested.
Me too. And thanks for all the articles and pictures. I will say also that Robert's mom looked genuine, but I have been fooled by people on several occasions, so I will wait and see what develops.

I agree Mom looked genuine but I think she knows and played some part in this.  To what degree, I'm not sure.  JMO

Ditto. JMO

Robert Manwill's Family Says Goodbye

Boise, Idaho -- After weeks of heartbreak, Robert Manwill has been laid to rest.

He may be gone, but Manwill is surely not forgotten. In yet another emotional show of support, hundreds came out to pay their final respects to the community's lost little boy.

"He was lost and now he's found. He's going to heaven for sure," said Selena Ashby, who attended Manwill's funeral.

"I was hopeful that it wouldn't come to this. I wanted the little boy to be found and returned home. I didn't want to see this," said Michelle Clifford who also attended the funeral.

A letter from Manwill's mother, read by Pastor George Sova, spoke of her favorite memory of him swimming in the ocean.

"As you go and make your journey that wonderful place in heaven I will always remember you playing in the ocean," wrote Manwill's mom.

And this from his father, who said Manwill was 100 pounds of energy in a 50 pound body -- a light in a dark world.

"I remember before you were even born talking to your mom on the phone late at night and she would hold this phone to her belly so I could say good night to our little sunshine, " he wrote.

Manwill's teacher spoke about his "ambush hugs" at school, surprise embraces when all of the sudden she would feel little arms around her back.

"When you spend seven hours a day, five days a week with someone you get attached, " said a teary Christie Morales.

To symbolize his spirit, Manwills loved ones released solid white doves. Then led a procession to the burial site where his ashes will lay just above his grandfathers.

"We promise you that Robert will never be forgotten that's a guarantee," said Suezette Maderi who attended the funeral. 

While many are calling this funeral closure for Manwill, the investigation into his death is far from over. In Manwill's father's letter he expressed a need for justice -- to find the person responsible.

For now there are no suspects, although police have called his death a homicide.

http://www.fox12idaho.com/Global/story.asp?S=10874716&nav=menu439_2
video at the link

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1382 on: August 10, 2009, 08:50:08 PM »

Oh my goodness..I was not on today until now.

I was wso hoping with the funeral over the police had arrested the person (s) respondible.

I do not want this to become a cold case where no one pays dor the injustice that they reaped upon Robert's soul.  He deserved to live out his life..as we all so..someone is responsible..someone needs to pay.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1383 on: August 10, 2009, 08:51:25 PM »

Sorry about the mis-spellings..myfault.

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #1384 on: August 10, 2009, 08:51:53 PM »

Ditto. JMO

Robert Manwill's Family Says Goodbye

Boise, Idaho -- After weeks of heartbreak, Robert Manwill has been laid to rest.

He may be gone, but Manwill is surely not forgotten. In yet another emotional show of support, hundreds came out to pay their final respects to the community's lost little boy.

"He was lost and now he's found. He's going to heaven for sure," said Selena Ashby, who attended Manwill's funeral.

"I was hopeful that it wouldn't come to this. I wanted the little boy to be found and returned home. I didn't want to see this," said Michelle Clifford who also attended the funeral.

A letter from Manwill's mother, read by Pastor George Sova, spoke of her favorite memory of him swimming in the ocean.

"As you go and make your journey that wonderful place in heaven I will always remember you playing in the ocean," wrote Manwill's mom.

And this from his father, who said Manwill was 100 pounds of energy in a 50 pound body -- a light in a dark world.

"I remember before you were even born talking to your mom on the phone late at night and she would hold this phone to her belly so I could say good night to our little sunshine, " he wrote.

Manwill's teacher spoke about his "ambush hugs" at school, surprise embraces when all of the sudden she would feel little arms around her back.

"When you spend seven hours a day, five days a week with someone you get attached, " said a teary Christie Morales.

To symbolize his spirit, Manwills loved ones released solid white doves. Then led a procession to the burial site where his ashes will lay just above his grandfathers.

"We promise you that Robert will never be forgotten that's a guarantee," said Suezette Maderi who attended the funeral. 

While many are calling this funeral closure for Manwill, the investigation into his death is far from over. In Manwill's father's letter he expressed a need for justice -- to find the person responsible.

For now there are no suspects, although police have called his death a homicide.

http://www.fox12idaho.com/Global/story.asp?S=10874716&nav=menu439_2
video at the link

That article made me tear up....RIP little man!
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1385 on: August 10, 2009, 09:10:10 PM »

Missing Idaho boy found in canal laid to rest
 - The Associated Press
Published: 08/10/09

BOISE, Idaho — An 8-year-old boy who was missing for more than a week before his body was found floating in a canal has been laid to rest at a Boise cemetery.

Nearly 500 members of the community and an Idaho National Guard contingent attended a public memorial service for Robert Manwill on Sunday at the Cloverdale Funeral Home and Memorial Park.

The group represented a portion of the 2,330 community volunteers who helped search for the boy, who disappeared July 24 after leaving his mother's apartment in Boise.

"It is so sad," said Boise resident Marcy Simily, who attended the service. The boy lived with his father, Charles Manwill, in New Plymouth and was visiting his mother the night he vanished.

The death is an active homicide investigation and there is no evidence the boy was abducted by a stranger, according to the Boise Police Department.

Authorities have not named any suspects.

At the funeral, family members wept as white doves were released and circled above the crowd.

"How could this happen," said Pastor George Sova, who led the service. "It wasn't anyone's fault that he wasn't found. It wasn't Robert's fault, it wasn't anyone's fault."

Sova read letters from the boy's father and mother, Melissa Jenkins.

"My memory that I will hold tightly is of you in the ocean. You were frolicking in the waves and shrieking in delight, and you didn't want to come out of the water," Jenkins wrote.

Charles Manwill wrote about his son's exuberance for life and reminisced that he would tell people the boy was "100 pounds of energy packed into 50 pounds of body."

Funeral services for the boy were held in the same cemetery where his grandfather and half-brother, Michael, were laid to rest.

Charles Manwill's former wife stabbed their son, 4-year-old Michael, in the chest in 1993. Silke Fatma Manwill pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter and served time in federal prison before being released in 2002.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/531/story/861257.html

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1386 on: August 11, 2009, 12:57:11 AM »

Lighting a candle and saying a prayer for justice for little man and his family.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1387 on: August 11, 2009, 08:52:24 AM »

Thanks for bringing that forward Pink.

I was sure they would have someone in custody by now.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1388 on: August 11, 2009, 09:00:28 AM »

Thanks for bringing that forward Pink.

I was sure they would have someone in custody by now.

the day isn't over yet Leroy! it could still happen today!

luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1389 on: August 11, 2009, 09:38:23 AM »

I was also thinking someone would be arrested by now. I was really thinking it would be little roberts moms bf. I just knew that he would be arrested. Yesterday. I just feel like he is the one. But I could be wrong I have been wrong so many times before.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1390 on: August 11, 2009, 03:13:21 PM »

I am here once again praying that Robert's muderer will be arrested.  I really thought they would have someone behind bars by now.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1391 on: August 11, 2009, 03:27:11 PM »

Perhaps they are waiting for forensics to come back? I am praying for an arrest soon.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1392 on: August 11, 2009, 05:29:27 PM »

Perhaps they are waiting for forensics to come back? I am praying for an arrest soon.
That's what I'm thinking, and is the boyfriend still in the hospital? Either way LE is watching him I'm sure.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1393 on: August 11, 2009, 07:36:32 PM »

an angelic monkey

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1394 on: August 11, 2009, 09:08:30 PM »

I don't know the specifics on the laws in Idaho.  I do know that if this man is in a mental institution that if he confessed to a doctor or counselor they could bring in the family..his Dad and Mom and have him tell them.  At that point it is up to the parents to do the right thing and turn him in.  Usually..and this has happened in the past..the family doesn't go to LE right away.  They let the counselors and doctors work with the person..to prepare them for this event and what ensues.  This helps the family do the right thing..they feel they have done what they can for their family member..and the doctors and counselors are off the hook for not going to LE with the confession.

Maybe this is what is going to happen. I hope so.  I know the BF's Dad , if he knew for certain his son was involved, would do the right thing.  His heart is as broken as is the family.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1395 on: August 11, 2009, 09:13:58 PM »

I don't know the specifics on the laws in Idaho.  I do know that if this man is in a mental institution that if he confessed to a doctor or counselor they could bring in the family..his Dad and Mom and have him tell them.  At that point it is up to the parents to do the right thing and turn him in.  Usually..and this has happened in the past..the family doesn't go to LE right away.  They let the counselors and doctors work with the person..to prepare them for this event and what ensues.  This helps the family do the right thing..they feel they have done what they can for their family member..and the doctors and counselors are off the hook for not going to LE with the confession.

Maybe this is what is going to happen. I hope so.  I know the BF's Dad , if he knew for certain his son was involved, would do the right thing.  His heart is as broken as is the family.
That is good to know, I sure hope this is what happens.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1396 on: August 12, 2009, 03:07:06 AM »

Lighting a candle and saying a prayer for justice for little man and his family.

an angelic monkey

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #1397 on: August 12, 2009, 05:14:54 AM »

That's reassuring to know that the boyfriend's dad would do the right thing.

I just hope justice for Robert is served.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1398 on: August 12, 2009, 08:40:25 AM »

Citizen volunteers train for emergencies in Pocatello
Story Updated: Aug 11, 2009 at 5:49 PM MDT
By Wes Horrocks POCATELLO -

In the last few weeks thousands of people helped search for Robert Manwill, the missing 8-year-old Boise boy.

As part of an on-going training program, citizen volunteers in Pocatello were taught what they could do to help if a similar tragedy struck the Gate City. Brent Dustin, a new CERT Team Member said, "It can happen anyplace, anytime."

The mock emergency happening Tuesday is that a plastic baby is hidden somewhere in this field.

Members of the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) are learning how to search a large area for clues. Judy Harris, a third-year CERT Team Member said, "You can learn so much out of a book, but you really need to do it to get the feel of it and the practice."

And the exercise was a success. The CERT team found all nine hidden items; including a handgun, knife, baby clothes, and victim. Dustin said, "The more training you have the better job you can do. You learn your teammates, your squad, what you're doing, and you have some idea of what to start on."

While Tuesday's search was obviously staged, the Police Department has used volunteers in the past to help them find evidence.

And having a group of people go through the CERT training makes them even more effective in the future if they're needed. Kim Ellis, Pocatello Police Department Community Services Division said, "We're training them. They're familiar with us, and we're familiar with them. In an emergency we could instantly augment ourselves by 25 or 30 people."

An immense benefit considering all of the team members are volunteering their time. Harris said, "There aren't a lot of people that are trained to do this, and hopefully we'll be able to help."

But most are hoping it never actually comes to that.

So far the CERT team has not been called out during an emergency, but the Police Department is confident team members are prepared if the need arises.

To become a member of the CERT team you need to pass a criminal background check.

http://www.kidk.com/news/local/52995082.html

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1399 on: August 12, 2009, 11:30:09 AM »

having training for the search team is a great idea...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.