April 28, 2024, 02:25:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert Manwill 8, missing 7/24/09 Boise, Idaho (BODY FOUND)  (Read 416023 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1460 on: August 18, 2009, 09:26:49 PM »

an angelic monkey To RobertRIP Little Man. I am thankful for the people that searched for you, the LE that has kept your case alive and Grand Jury that put your mom and Danny in jail. You deserved much better than having to stay the summer with them. I also pray CPS/DFS or whatever it is called up there will rethink letting a child go stay with a parent that has bashed in a child's skull. 

I will go light a candle for you again today. It's all I can do. JSM  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1461 on: August 18, 2009, 09:27:06 PM »

BOISE – Police say they know who is responsible for killing Robert Manwill: his mother and her boyfriend.

Melissa Scott Jenkins, 30 and Daniel Edward Ehrlick, 36 were taken into custody Tuesday afternoon – both are charged with first-degree murder. Ehrlick is also charged with failure to report a death to law enforcement, while Jenkins is charged as an accessory for failing to report Manwill’s death to law enforcement.

Manwill’s body was found in a Kuna canal on August 10th. Police said the boy was a victim of homicide and vowed to find his killer.

“Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people,” Boise Police Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said Tuesday night.

The boy was reported missing to police on July 24th. The community quickly responded, with posters featuring the boy’s face popping up all over town, and volunteers spending spare time searching for the child.

The boy’s date of death may now be in question. Kerns asked for the public’s help offering any details of the activities of Jenkins or Ehrlick in the week leading up to July 24th. Kerns did not take questions at the news briefing, which did not give the media a chance to ask follow up questions that may better illustrate particulars of the case – including why they believe Ehrlick and Jenkins are responsible.

The case started to rapidly change on Thursday 30th. That night, police began searching the Jenkins' Boise Bench apartment, removing materials from the home, including cabinets, computers and more. Police also towed a vehicle from the complex.

The pair has now been indicted by an Ada County grand jury, and are being booked into the Ada County Jail on the charges. Ehrlick will be held without bond, while Jenkins will be held on a $2 million bond.

Ehrlick and Jenkins appeared behind Kerns at each news conference until the day after Jenkins’ home was searched. Ehrlick has not been seen in public since. Jenkins was at the boy’s funeral and at a news event the day her son’s body was identified.

Jenkins has a past criminal history that involves hurting children.

On October 19, 2008 police said a baby boy had been injured. Jenkins was arrested and charged with felony injury to a child. The child suffered serious head injuries and was taken to a local hospital for treatment. The child was taken into the custody of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.

Court documents say Jenkins hit her 9-month-old son's head on a surface. The infant suffered a fractured skull that caused not only physical pain, but mental suffering as well.

Since the boy’s disappearance and before his arrest, Ehrlick had been in and out of the hospital for unspecified treatments, according to family.

Kerns said the investigation into Manwill’s death continues – and says if anyone has information that may help them, to call Boise Police Dispatch at 377-6790.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug1809-manwill.f33b6dd1.html
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1462 on: August 18, 2009, 09:38:51 PM »

Both Danny and Melissa. Danny no bond. Melissa - 2 million dollar bond.

First degree murder and failure to report a death.
Wow
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1463 on: August 18, 2009, 09:40:25 PM »

It is an epidemic that is happening in all of our backyards. Makes me sick.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1464 on: August 18, 2009, 09:42:47 PM »

Since I'm not quite grasping this, sorry  they both are responsible for murdering Robert, or Daniel murdered Robert, and his mom hid it from authorities? Or both had a hand in the murder of Robert.
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1465 on: August 18, 2009, 09:44:06 PM »

I am so angry!!!  How could that egg donor even be eligible for bond?   I know it is set at 2 million, but she should be held without bond.  She was the one person in this world who should have protected Robert.   He was her baby. 

Shame on her for choosing whatever she did (fly-by-night boyfriend, drugs, whatever) over her child.  Shame on her for harming her child.  Shame on her for crying tears over Robert after was reported as missing-when she knew what her and her "man" had done!!

(Sorry for the rant.  I am just tired of women who choose the drugs, alcohol or men over their children.  Granted it has not been proven that egg donor was on drugs, or a drunk.  But we do know she chose this jerk over her children, with her daughter, with her infant son and lastly with Robert. Monster!)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1466 on: August 18, 2009, 09:45:02 PM »

It is an epidemic that is happening in all of our backyards. Makes me sick.
I agree it is an epidemic, but for the life of me I'm trying to figure out why? Why so much of this senseless murder, I certainly don't recall this kind of things happening this much in the past. Just baffeled by it 
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1467 on: August 18, 2009, 09:58:19 PM »

finally we have arrests and we will wait for justice to be served..
Robert no child in the world deserved to go through what you went through.  you are now an angel watching down.  justice will be served in your memory.  sleep in the clouds little man. an angelic monkey

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1468 on: August 18, 2009, 10:05:21 PM »

finally we have arrests and we will wait for justice to be served..
Robert no child in the world deserved to go through what you went through.  you are now an angel watching down.  justice will be served in your memory.  sleep in the clouds little man. an angelic monkey

Justice for little man Robert.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1469 on: August 18, 2009, 10:09:33 PM »

Snipped

The boy’s date of death may now be in question. Kerns asked for the public’s help offering any details of the activities of Jenkins or Ehrlick in the week leading up to July 24th.

This is just awful; those two may have murdered Robert earlier in the week and then dumped him in the canal. That may explain the friend’s car being “stolen/borrowed” well before Robert was reported missing. They also would have had time to come up with their phony story and the mother’s alibi that had her at work when the supposed disappearance happened.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1470 on: August 18, 2009, 10:10:45 PM »

Snipped

The boy’s date of death may now be in question. Kerns asked for the public’s help offering any details of the activities of Jenkins or Ehrlick in the week leading up to July 24th.

This is just awful; those two may have murdered Robert earlier in the week and then dumped him in the canal. That may explain the friend’s car being “stolen/borrowed” well before Robert was reported missing. They also would have had time to come up with their phony story and the mother’s alibi that had her at work when the supposed disappearance happened.

Just horrible and unbelievable 
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1471 on: August 18, 2009, 10:13:20 PM »

Snipped

The nerve of that lowlife, playing the grieving the mother. Just that fact alone will bring more wrath down on her. I say good!!!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1472 on: August 18, 2009, 10:18:19 PM »

Snipped

The nerve of that lowlife, playing the grieving the mother. Just that fact alone will bring more wrath down on her. I say good!!!
And again I was somewhat buying that grieving mother routine, makes me so mad. And Robert was adjusting to living with his dad, and enjoying his new school....  an angelic monkey Robert you will get justice.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1473 on: August 18, 2009, 10:53:09 PM »

Robert Manwill's mother, her boyfriend arrested in his death

Robert Manwill's mother and her boyfriend were arrested today in connection with the child's murder, Boise police announced this evening.

Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said Melissa Scott Jenkins, 30, and Daniel Edward Ehrlick, 36, are both charged with first degree murder.

Ehrlick also faces a charge of failing to report a death to law enforcement. Jenkins faces a charge of accessory to that crime.

Kerns did not discuss a time or cause of death.

Manwill, who lived with his father and attended school in New Plymouth, had been missing since July 24. His body was discovered in a Southwest Ada County canal Aug. 3.

Both Ehrlick and Jenkins were indicted on these charges today by an Ada County grand jury, Kerns said.

Ehrlick is being held on the murder charge without bond. Jenkins is jailed on the murder charge with a bond amount of $2 million.

Robert had last stayed with his mother and her boyfriend at an apartment near Vista Avenue on the Boise Bench.

The night he disappeared , the boy was visiting his mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins. The boy's father, Charles Manwill, has had custody of him since 2008.

Detectives ask that anyone with information on Robert or the suspects, particularly about their activities during the week leading up to the boy's disappearance, contact police through Crime Stoppers at 343-COPS.

The defendants will be arraigned at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday before 4th District Judge Deborah Bail.

"In the interest of a fair trial for those accused, we at Boise police now put Robert's case in the competent hands of the Ada County prosecutors," Kerns said.

Every law enforcement agency in the Treasure Valley, along with other Idaho agencies, the FBI and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children assisted in the 10-day investigation of the boy's disappearance.

Thousands of community members also joined in the search for the boy, last seen at his family's apartment complex in Boise. The case garnered nationwide attention.

Kerns said local, state and federal agencies invested 9,000 man-hours in the search.

"Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people," Kerns said. "The turnout of volunteers to search for young Robert was unprecedented in this community."

Boise Mayor Dave Bieter commended the work of the law enforcement agencies involved.

"While the presumption of innocence must be maintained, I hope and have faith that justice will be served in this case and that our citizens —  who have shown incredible compassion in the face of tragedy — can begin to mend from the loss of Robert Manwill," Bieter said in a prepared statement.

http://www.idahopress.com/sports/?2009-08-18-Robert-Manwills-mother-her-boyfriend-arrested-in-his-death
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1474 on: August 18, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »

Mother, boyfriend indicted in death of Idaho boy
By JOHN MILLER (AP) – 22 minutes ago

BOISE, Idaho — The mother of an 8-year-old boy found dead in an Idaho canal and her live-in boyfriend have been indicted on first-degree murder charges by an Ada County grand jury.

Thirty-year-old Melissa Jenkins and her boyfriend, 36-year-old Daniel Ehrlick Jr., were arrested Tuesday in the death of Jenkins' son, Robert Manwill. The two also face charges on accusations that they failed to report the boy's death.

Robert was missing for more than a week before his body was found floating in the canal Aug. 3. No cause of death has been released, but police said evidence showed the death was not accidental.

The boy's disappearance struck a chord in southwestern Idaho, and thousands of residents turned out to search for him. Deputy Chief Jim Kerns, of the Boise Police Department, said during a news conference televised Tuesday on KTVB-TV that officers at his agency logged more than 9,000 hours trying to uncover what happened to the youngster after he left his mother's apartment in Boise on July 24.

"Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people," Kerns told reporters. "The turnout of volunteers to search for Robert was unprecedented in this community. The law enforcement effort to find Robert was equally massive and unprecedented."

Jenkins is being held in the Ada County Jail on $2 million bond, while Ehrlick is being held there without bond.

They are due to be formally charged Wednesday morning in 4th District Court. Attempts to reach Jenkins and Ehrlick at the jail were unsuccessful, and it was unknown if either had an attorney.

Robert Manwill's father, Charles Manwill of New Plymouth, Idaho, had custody of the boy since 2008. Jenkins had visitation rights, and the boy was visiting her the night he disappeared.

Jenkins is on probation for fracturing the skull of Robert Manwill's infant half brother, who was removed from her custody by the state in late 2008.

Court records say Jenkins "did willfully inflict" the injury to her other son "by striking the child's head on a surface, causing a fracture to the child's skull," on Oct. 19, 2008. She was sentenced to 29 days of work release and put on probation for two years.

Ehrlick served time in an Idaho prison after being convicted of burglary and grand theft in the 1990s and was arrested for several probation violations, according to Idaho court records. He has also been convicted of assaulting a police officer and possessing drug paraphernalia.

Jenkins has a third child, a 2 1/2-year-old daughter, fathered by a third man, who has custody of her. Jenkins has visitation rights. Ehrlick is banned by the courts from being alone with the girl, but documents don't say why.

This is Charles Manwill's second child to die violently. His former wife, Silke Fatma Manwill, stabbed their 4-year-old son, Michael, in the chest in 1993, killing him. She was sentenced to federal prison after pleading guilty to voluntary manslaughter, and was released in 2002.

Efforts to reach Jenkins' family and Charles Manwill on Tuesday evening were unsuccessful.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hUXzIn-qwIqEY9RjeTeHqMRo83PgD9A5M7LG0
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1475 on: August 18, 2009, 11:12:02 PM »

God Bless this Little Boy with the Big Smile.

My sources tell me this will not be the only arrest in this case.  What do you say?

B
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1476 on: August 18, 2009, 11:19:16 PM »

God Bless this Little Boy with the Big Smile.

My sources tell me this will not be the only arrest in this case.  What do you say?

B

If I had to guess, I would say Ehrlick's brother maybe?
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1477 on: August 18, 2009, 11:22:19 PM »

Here's a question.....Why is a child's life only worth 9 years prison time?  She stabbed him repeatedly in the chest......she should never see light of day....this is just so wrong....

snipped
This is Charles Manwill's second child to die violently. His former wife, Silke Fatma Manwill, stabbed their 4-year-old son, Michael, in the chest in 1993, killing him. She was sentenced to federal prison after pleading guilty to voluntary manslaughter, and was released in 2002.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1478 on: August 19, 2009, 12:53:50 AM »

Here's a question.....Why is a child's life only worth 9 years prison time?  She stabbed him repeatedly in the chest......she should never see light of day....this is just so wrong....

snipped

I thought the same thing when I first read about the Dad's first wife. Since the child was killed on an army base in Louisiana does this automatically become a case under federal jurisdiction? The reason I ask is because the sentence under the State of Louisiana courts should have been at minimum, "life". I am not sure who has jurisdiction when a crime occurs on a Army base. Anybody know? This woman should not be walking amongst us, she gave up that right the minute she killed that baby. I hope everyday of her life is hell! I just can't find forgiveness for this.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I have no respect for anyone who would hurt a child or animal. Could you imagine the look of disbelief on that child's face as his mother stabbed him. It makes me sick to think about that child's last moments.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1479 on: August 19, 2009, 01:30:22 AM »

Boise Police Department
News Release Michael F. Masterson
Chief of Police

Communications Director
570-6180
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Mom, Boyfriend Arrested After Missing Child Found Dead
August 18, 2009
<snipped>
Tuesday, August 18 - Boise Police have arrested Melissa Jenkins, and Daniel Ehrlick in connection with the death of Robert manwill, 8, first reported missing July 24th. Click here for the latest.

Media Briefing, Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2009
Comments from Deputy Chief Jim Kerns, Boise Police Department, 7:00 p.m.

Good evening. I’m Deputy Chief Jim Kerns with the Boise Police Department.

We have a major announcement in the case of little Robert Manwill.

Robert… as we all know.. is the 8 year old boy first reported missing from his mothers apartment on Cherry Lane in Boise, Friday night July 24th.

Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people.

The turn out of volunteers to search for Robert was unprecedented in this community.

The law enforcement effort to find Robert was equally massive and unprecedented.

9,000 man hours were logged by Boise Police, agents with the FBI, Idaho Probation and Parole agents, and other local, state, and federal police agencies… between the time Robert went missing July 24th to the time he was found ten days later.

When Robert’s body was found, Monday, August 3rd… just over two weeks ago…the case went from a missing child to a homicide investigation.

At that time… I sent a strong message on behalf of Boise Police and all those in this community who were touched by the tragic, untimely death of this little boy…that justice would not be denied Robert Manwill.

And now I can announce… that late this afternoon… Boise Police arrested Daniel Edward Ehrlick, age 36, of Boise on a charge of First Degree Murder for the death of 8 year old Robert Manwill.

Daniel Ehrlick lived with Robert and his mother Melissa at the time of Robert’s death.

Daniel Ehrlick is also charged with Failing to Report a Death to Law Enforcement.

Also… this afternoon… Boise Police arrested Robert’s mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins, age 30 of Boise for First Degree Murder, in the death of her son, Robert Manwill.

Melissa Jenkins was also charged as an accessory for failing to report her son’s death to law enforcement.

Both Ehrlick and Jenkins were indicted on these charges today by an Ada County Grand Jury.

Both are now in police custody and being booked into the Ada County Jail…

Daniel Erhlick is being held on the murder charge without bond.

Melissa Jenkins is jailed on the murder charge with a bond amount of two- million dollars.

The arrests are a major step in the investigation… but the investigation into the death of Robert Manwill is still very much ongoing.

Detectives are asking anyone with any information on Robert … or the suspects… Ehrlick and Jenkins… particularly their activities the week leading up to Robert’s reported disappearance July 24th… is urged to contact Boise Police detectives through Crime Stoppers – 343-COPS.

The defendants will be arraigned tomorrow, Wednesday, August 19th, at 9:30 a.m. before the Honorable Judge Deborah Bail.

In the interest of a fair trial for those accused, we at Boise Police now put Robert’s case in the competent hands of the Ada County Prosecutors.

Again, on behalf of ALL the men and woman in law enforcement who searched for Robert and assisted in investigating his case… I thank this community for their help and support.

###
Background:

Robert was reported missing to Boise Police Friday evening, July 24th at 10:11 p.m. from the the Oak Park apartment complex 2800 W. Cherry, near Vista and Targee.

Robert's disappearance sparked an eleven-day, multi agency search, that involved Boise Police, The FBI, Team Adam from the Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Meridian, Garden City, and the Idaho State Police, Ada and Canyon County Sheriff Offices, agents from Probation and Parole, and officers with the Treasure Valley Metro Violent Crimes task Force.
http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/NewsReleases/2009/page45017.aspx

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.