April 28, 2024, 07:51:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert Manwill 8, missing 7/24/09 Boise, Idaho (BODY FOUND)  (Read 416046 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1480 on: August 19, 2009, 01:41:46 AM »

I had to sign off for awhile. I am just so sad and so angry. Look at those monsters above.

Little dude deserved so much better. The system let this happen. He may have died at the monsters hands but the system that is place to protect children let little dude be unsupervised around these monsters. The court and the judge ordered Robert's daddy to hand him over for visits and an extended summer visitation.

That this could have prevented, the fact that ALL THE SIGNS were there that something like this could happen to any of the children that were allowed to be unsupervised around these monsters, makes me want to scream.

I won't say what I really want to say or I will see the big red ban button.

I hope they both burn in hell. Prison is too good for them. Especially mom who had the balls to appear at the funeral weeping and sucking up the sympathy and couldn't even spit out a decent eulogy for little man. The child that she carried in her womb and gave birth to.

My guess on future arrests is the brother or the guy with the "stolen" truck.

I am so sorry little man. You deserved so much better. You deserved to be safe and happy and hugged. You are my superhero.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1481 on: August 19, 2009, 04:16:02 AM »

Lighting a candle for Robert and saying a prayer for his family.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=rob%20m

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1482 on: August 19, 2009, 07:20:13 AM »

Pink,that is beautiful.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1483 on: August 19, 2009, 09:41:56 AM »

Pink,that is beautiful.   an angelic monkey
That is beautiful. Blink, I'm curious, another arrest. Perhaps the man whose property was searched, or Daniel's brother or father?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1484 on: August 19, 2009, 10:22:57 AM »

Snipped

The boy’s date of death may now be in question. Kerns asked for the public’s help offering any details of the activities of Jenkins or Ehrlick in the week leading up to July 24th.
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug1809-manwill.f33b6dd1.html

This is just awful; those two may have murdered Robert earlier in the week and then dumped him in the canal. That may explain the friend’s car being “stolen/borrowed” well before Robert was reported missing. They also would have had time to come up with their phony story and the mother’s alibi that had her at work when the supposed disappearance happened.

Just horrible and unbelievable 

The nerve of that lowlife, playing the grieving the mother. Just that fact alone will bring more wrath down on her. I say good!!!

Yes! she was grieving for herself not for Robert imo...She knew she would be caught and was feeling sorry for herself...the biotch!
and yes, who really knows when Robert was murdered? LE will find out now that she is behind bars...I hope they nail both of these idiots for death! or at least put them in general population...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1485 on: August 19, 2009, 10:24:40 AM »

I had to sign off for awhile. I am just so sad and so angry. Look at those monsters above.

Little dude deserved so much better. The system let this happen. He may have died at the monsters hands but the system that is place to protect children let little dude be unsupervised around these monsters. The court and the judge ordered Robert's daddy to hand him over for visits and an extended summer visitation.

That this could have prevented, the fact that ALL THE SIGNS were there that something like this could happen to any of the children that were allowed to be unsupervised around these monsters, makes me want to scream.

I won't say what I really want to say or I will see the big red ban button.

I hope they both burn in hell. Prison is too good for them. Especially mom who had the balls to appear at the funeral weeping and sucking up the sympathy and couldn't even spit out a decent eulogy for little man. The child that she carried in her womb and gave birth to.

My guess on future arrests is the brother or the guy with the "stolen" truck.

I am so sorry little man. You deserved so much better. You deserved to be safe and happy and hugged. You are my superhero.

awwwww Pinky! He did deserve so much more....a hug goes to you ....

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1486 on: August 19, 2009, 11:03:56 AM »

Very long article full of info on both of these evil people...

snipped

He had dreams of being a wildland firefighter but faced drug and legal problems and managed to battle the flames only as part of a prison work crew.

She was something of a rambler, drifting through relationships - having three children with three men in less than seven years - on the hunt for the unconditional love she felt as a little girl.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/eyepiece/story/869934.html
MonkeyinSC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1487 on: August 19, 2009, 11:04:21 AM »

God Bless this Little Boy with the Big Smile.

My sources tell me this will not be the only arrest in this case.  What do you say?

B

I think Ehrlick's brother may be arrested for being an accomplice after the fact (helped dispose of the body). Perhaps even that Wallis (stolen truck) guy... I don't think he (Wallis) participated in any way, but he must have known what happened after the fact...(why else would he notify LE about the stolen truck AFTER it was returned?) IMO
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1488 on: August 19, 2009, 11:14:53 AM »

Welcome to the cage MonkeyinSC!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
MonkeyinSC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1489 on: August 19, 2009, 11:31:23 AM »

Welcome to the cage MonkeyinSC!

Thank you so much, Lovinlife ! I've been a lurker now for several months, and I am grateful I was allowed to be part of this awesome group of Monkeys, although I wish it was under happier circumstances 
This is one of the cases that first brought me to SM (along with poor Lindsey Baum) and has kept me in awe of all the masterful sleuthing abilities all you Monkeys have.

RIP, dear little Robert.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1490 on: August 19, 2009, 11:43:57 AM »

I think Ehrlick's brother may be arrested for being an accomplice after the fact (helped dispose of the body). Perhaps even that Wallis (stolen truck) guy... I don't think he (Wallis) participated in any way, but he must have known what happened after the fact...(why else would he notify LE about the stolen truck AFTER it was returned?) IMO

I agree MonkeyinSC and welcome!

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1491 on: August 19, 2009, 11:53:29 AM »

Prosecuter is speaking live now

http://www.ktvb.com/video/?nvid=57412&live=yes
dadsgrl1255
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1492 on: August 19, 2009, 11:59:13 AM »

http://www.ktvb.com/video/index.html?nvid=390332

Why did she have any visitation with him after she was charged with breaking her other child's skull?  Terrible!  Just terrible!

As for the circumstances with the Evan Wallis's SUV, from what i understand they found the SUV not far from the house right after returning home, not much time to call the police before it was returned.  I pray that he was not involved, but also that everyone involved is caught.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1493 on: August 19, 2009, 11:59:14 AM »

WELCOME MonkeyinSC   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1494 on: August 19, 2009, 12:00:34 PM »

Mother, boyfriend charged with murdering Robert Manwill

BOISE - Boise Police say the mother of Robert Manwill and her boyfriend have been charged with first degree murder.
Authorities made the announcement Thursday evening at a press conference with Treasure Valley media.

Melissa Jenkins, 30, and her boyfriend, Daniel Ehrlick, were arrested and indicted by an Ada County grand jury Tuesday with the murder charges of Robert Manwill. Ehrlick, 36, was also indicted for failing to report a death to law enforcement while Jenkins was charged as an accessory for failing to report her son’s death to law enforcement.

The 8-year-old boy was last seen outside the apartment where his mother lives in Boise on the night of Friday July 24.

"The arrests are a major step in the investigation," said Jim Kerns, Boise Police deputy chief. "But the investigation of Robert Manwill's death is still very much ongoing."

Police did not elaborate as to why they arrested the two.

Robert's body was pulled from the New York Canal about 14 miles away Aug. 3. It was then when police say the case was classified as a murder investigation.

The Ada County Coroner's office said forensic dental information helped positively identify the body found in the canal.

"I sent a strong message on behalf of Boise Police and all those in this community who were touched by the tragic, untimely death of this little boy that justice would not be denied for Robert Manwill," Kerns said.

Ehrlick and Jenkins will be arraigned Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. before Judge Deborah Bail. Ehrlick and Jenkins are being held on a $2 million bond.

Prosecutors have 60 days to decide whether they will seek the death penalty.

Some residents at the Oak Ridge apartments say they are hurt and angry at the latest developments. Some have spent hours planning vigils and supporting Robert's mother.

"We ended up giving our hearts and everything toward her (Melissa Jenkins) as a mother," said Kandi Davidson, an Oak Ridge resident. "She came up to my kids and was all cuddly and played innocent and come to find out that she had something to do with it. It's pretty disturbing."

Dave Bieter, Boise mayor, made the following statement about the case:

"I commend the Boise Police Department for conducting a diligent, organized and thorough investigation that has successfully resulted in charges being filed against two individuals," Bieter said.

"While the presumption of innocence must be maintained, I hope and have faith that justice will be served in this case and that our citizens -- who have shown incredible compassion in the face of tragedy -- can begin to mend from the loss of Robert Manwill."

Detectives are asking anyone with any information on Robert or the suspects, Ehrlick and Jenkins particularly their activities the week leading up to Robert’s reported disappearance July 24 is urged to contact Boise Police detectives through Crime Stoppers at 208-343-COPS.

http://www.2news.tv/news/local/53619927.html
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1495 on: August 19, 2009, 12:02:48 PM »

Thank you N2.  I just missed it.  Can you tell us what they said?

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1496 on: August 19, 2009, 12:03:11 PM »

Indictment: Daniel Erhlick Jr. tortured and beat Robert Manwill to death
By Patrick Orr - porr@idahostatesman.com
Published: 08/19/09

Katherine Jones / Idaho Statesman
Day 3 of the search Melissa Scott Jenkins, left, and Daniel Edward Ehrlick Jr. appear together July 27 as Boise police called for public help in the search for 8-year-old Robert Manwill. Ehrlick attended only one more of the daily briefings, where family members often joined police.

AP Photo
In this photo provided on Tuesday Aug. 18, 2009 by the Ada County Jail, Daniel Ehrlick Jr., 36, is shown. Ehrlick was indicted for first-degree murder by an Ada County grand jury in the death of his girlfriend's 8-year-old son, Robert Manwill.

AP Photo
In this photo provided on Tuesday Aug. 18, 2009 by the Ada County Jail, Melissa Jenkins, 30, is shown. Jenkins, 30, the mother of Robert Manwill, was indicted for first-degree murder by an Ada County grand jury in the death of her 8-year-old son, Robert Manwill.
Eight-year-old Robert Manwill was killed by Daniel Erhlick Jr., who tortured and beat him to death while Manwill's mother, Melissa Jenkins, hid her son from government authorities who might have helped him.

So says an Ada County grand jury indictment unsealed Wednesday morning in 4th District Court.

Ehrlick Jr., 36, inflicted repeated acts of blunt-force trauma to the abdomen and/or the head of Manwill with his hands, knees, fists and/or feet and/or by other means of physical force, physical abuse or emotional abuse, according to the indictment. The beatings caused bruises, abdominal bleeding and injuries and head injuries that prompted Manwill's death on or about July 24.

The indictment alleges that Ehrlick Jr. intentionally tortured Manwill "with the intent to cause suffering, to execute vengeance or to satisfy some sadistic inclination by inflicting on Robert G. Manwill extreme or prolonged acts of brutality with the intent to cause suffering."

Jenkins, 30, a mother of three, had knowledge of the beatings and repeatedly hid her son from authorities and others who might have intervened. She also failed in her duty to seek medical attention for her son's injuries, despite knowing Manwill "was being subjected to escalating physical violence” by Erhlick, according to the indictment.

Neither entered a plea and are expected to do so on Sept. 1.

An Ada County grand jury on Tuesday indicted Jenkins and Ehrlick Jr. on charges of first-degree murder. Both also are charged with failing to report a death. Police have provided no details about the evidence they have.

In Idaho, first-degree murder is punishable by up to life in prison or death.

Local, state and federal agencies logged 9,000 hours in the search and investigation after Robert was reported missing July 24, Deputy Boise Chief Jim Kerns said. Thousands of people volunteered in the 10-day search: “Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people,” Kerns said Tuesday. Robert’s body was found Aug. 3 in the New York Canal near Kuna.

Prosecutors have 60 days to decide whether to seek the death penalty. Police asked the public for information about the pair’s activities in the week before Robert was reported missing.

Local, state and federal agencies logged 9,000 hours in the search and investigation after Robert was reported missing July 24, Deputy Boise Chief Jim Kerns said. Thousands of people volunteered in the 10-day search: “Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people,” Kerns said Tuesday. Robert’s body was found Aug. 3 in the New York Canal near Kuna.

Prosecutors have 60 days to decide whether to seek the death penalty. Police asked the public for information about the pair’s activities in the week before Robert was reported missing.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/870337.html
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1497 on: August 19, 2009, 12:05:46 PM »

The Idahostatesman article says it all. It is all just so disturbing. The poor child was systematically tortured to death and his lousy mother helped hide that fact!!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1498 on: August 19, 2009, 12:07:36 PM »

Eight-year-old Robert Manwill was killed by Daniel Erhlick Jr., who tortured and beat him to death while Manwill's mother, Melissa Jenkins, hid her son from government authorities who might have helped him.

That first paragraph made me physically ill.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1499 on: August 19, 2009, 12:12:39 PM »

The Idahostatesman article says it all. It is all just so disturbing. The poor child was systematically tortured to death and his lousy mother helped hide that fact!!

Thank you.  There are no words to express my feelings right now.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.