April 28, 2024, 06:48:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert Manwill 8, missing 7/24/09 Boise, Idaho (BODY FOUND)  (Read 416042 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1580 on: August 23, 2009, 10:15:05 AM »

boggles the mind doesn't it Bearly? how anyone,let alone a mother sit and watch while a child is being tortured and beat to death? God knows that he must have cried out to his mother to help him...and she did nothing.....nothing...
hard to even think about....breaks my heart..
    The viciousness that people do to humans and animals just makes me physically ill.
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1581 on: August 23, 2009, 12:38:35 PM »

Melissa Jenkins indictment:

http://www.ktvb.com/news/documents/Jenkins-indictment.pdf

Daniel Ehrlick indictment:

http://www.ktvb.com/news/documents/Ehrlick-indictment.pdf

There are too many monsters in this world 

Ah... yes indeed..... I said not long ago in a different thread that Monsters ARE real ... they live among us. 
If only the MONSTERS would kill each other and leave the children alone
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1582 on: August 23, 2009, 12:44:28 PM »

boggles the mind doesn't it Bearly? how anyone,let alone a mother sit and watch while a child is being tortured and beat to death? God knows that he must have cried out to his mother to help him...and she did nothing.....nothing...
    The viciousness that people do to humans and animals just makes me physically ill.
I still dont understand why this child could not tell anyone what was going on.  I dont care what anyone says-family members must have know something- The sister thats aways talking-is this the mother sister-if so she had to know her sister was nuts- If i had a sister likethat I would question my  nephew-ask him questions -take an interest in his life--so sad for this child-makes me sick
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1583 on: August 23, 2009, 01:22:44 PM »

If she was a battered woman she more than likely didn't protect her son because she was afraid of getting beat or having her son hurt even worse than she thought he would be.  I have no doubt she loved him, I believe her grief is real.  She wanted to see her son so much I am sure and she was probably afraid to send him home early from his visitation with her because she knew once the father found out his son was abused she would never see him again, Dad would have made sure of that.  Battered women are stripped of everything.  Their pride, their self esteem, their self worth.  All she has left in this world is her children and now she has lost them forever.  This is a sad story of the cycle of abuse and how a mom is brought so low that she becomes selfish in what little she does have that she will not put the protection of her children first.  Not all battered women let it go that far but too many do.  They don't love who their man is, they love who he pretended to be when they met him, they hope and pray that he will go back to being that way, they fear for their lives, they fear for their kids, and they are brainwashed to believe they cannot survive without this man.  It is complete and total codependance at it's worst.  In some cases they only stay because the man has them convinced he will kill them or their children if they leave.  A lot of times the woman did leave to only be tracked down by him and and almost killed for doing so.  Plus they play up the whole "it's my child and I have a right to see him" if there are kids involved.  I am not making excuses for her, she deserves the punishment that she has coming to her, my guess is that even she agrees, even as she hopes for a different outcome.  There is more to this story than his mom is incompetant, but the worst thing is that this little boy had to pay the price for his mothers inability to see that her relationship was not worth it and that she should run, even if it meant never seeing Robert or his sister again, just so she could protect herself and the kids from him.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1584 on: August 23, 2009, 01:28:39 PM »

I still dont understand why this child could not tell anyone what was going on.  I dont care what anyone says-family members must have know something- The sister thats aways talking-is this the mother sister-if so she had to know her sister was nuts- If i had a sister likethat I would question my  nephew-ask him questions -take an interest in his life--so sad for this child-makes me sick
I would also, it seems she is just covering for her sister. I will never understand this mind set. I understand family and protecting family, but no way should one protect if you even have a tiny amount of feelings that something was terribly wrong with a child. The only thing perhaps is maybe Robert was told that if he tells anyone he will be killed? I just don't know.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1585 on: August 23, 2009, 01:37:32 PM »

http://www.idahostatesman.com/opinion/story/874378.html

Sen. Mike Crapo: We all have a duty to help prevent family violence
BY SEN. MIKE CRAPO - Idaho Statesman
Published: 08/23/09

Several weeks ago, I wrote to my constituents about the rise in the incidence of family violence during times of economic recession. A few days later, 8-year-old Robert Manwill went missing in Boise.

Since then, Idaho has learned more about this heartbreaking story, and now his mother and her boyfriend have been charged with Robert's death. This case is an example of how awful family violence can be and should give us motivation to do everything we can to prevent family violence in all of its forms.

(snipped)

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1586 on: August 23, 2009, 01:41:37 PM »

http://www.idahopress.com/sports/?2009-08-23-Critics-must-consider-big-picture

Critics must consider big picture

Updated 11 hours 49 minutes ago

The allegations against 8-year-old Robert Manwill's mother and her boyfriend are horrifying and sickening.

An Ada County grand jury indictment accuses the boy's mother, Melissa Jenkins, 30, of aiding and abetting her boyfriend, Daniel Ehrlick, in Robert's death and hiding the boy's injuries from government officials who could have intervened.

The graphic implications of torture and repeated beatings of the boy by Ehrlick have rightfully sparked outrage among Idahoans. Many question the treatment of an earlier charge against Jenkins, on probation for fracturing the skull of Robert's infant half-brother. The child was removed from her custody by the state in late 2008.

(snipped)

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1587 on: August 23, 2009, 01:48:21 PM »

http://www.idahostatesman.com/localnews/story/874406.html

* News > Local News

2,300 people helped search for Robert Manwill. Local groups want to channel that energy to make kids safer.
BY ANNA WEBB - awebb@idahostatesman.com
Copyright: © 2009 Idaho Statesman
Published: 08/23/09

"Nothing we do now brings Robert back, but we're asking what we can do as a community to prevent this happening again," said Roger Sherman, director of the Idaho Children's Trust Fund.

Inspired by the case, local child welfare agencies already are working on ideas from 10 groups that met in Boise last week.

"A lot of people say we have a thriving community for kids, but there are obviously holes," Sherman said.

Sherman helped organize the meeting, which attracted representatives from the Court Appointed Special Advocate Program, Idaho Voices for Children, former Idaho first lady Patricia Kempthorne representing the Twiga Foundation, St. Luke's Prenatal Care, Head Start, Idaho Health and Welfare and others.

Everyone from PTA presidents to U.S. Sen. Mike Crapo says now is the time to channel the community's energy to improve the lives of local children. They are talking about ideas like:

® Adopting a version of the Harlem Children's Zone, a 35-year-old nonprofit program that has supported children in one of New York City's toughest neighborhoods.

® Finding ways to offer help to extended family, neighbors and others who seem to be in need, without being intrusive.

As thousands devoted time for Robert this summer, others have rallied for kids in Canyon County, too, inspired by the case of 14-year-old Zachary Neagle, accused of killing his father earlier this year - perhaps, as is alleged in court, after years of abuse.

It seems to organizers that the Treasure Valley is uniquely energized to take action on behalf of kids in trouble.

"But there needs to be leadership," Sherman said. "And it's still unclear what that action might be."

By coincidence, the groups met on the very day Robert's mother, Melissa Jenkins, and her boyfriend, Daniel Ehrlick, were arrested, charged with his murder.

"Over 2,000 people will pull together to search for a young boy, even when the search seems hopeless," he said. "Can we also figure out how to pull together on a daily basis to find kids like Robert with no place to turn?"

(snipped)

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1588 on: August 23, 2009, 02:02:11 PM »

Thanks, very good article 
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1589 on: August 23, 2009, 02:46:57 PM »

if you go down further in the art. it has a link to police think...something...

i could be wrong but from what i understand Roberts dad is re-married to the first wife that killed the first baby.  she changed her last name, but still same person.

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1590 on: August 23, 2009, 02:47:58 PM »

His father's current wife, Silke Fatma Manwill, served time in federal prison for stabbing their 4-year-old son to death in 1993.

She was release from prison in 2002.

there it is.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1591 on: August 23, 2009, 04:39:32 PM »

Mine too!  It takes my breath away--in a bad way.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1592 on: August 23, 2009, 05:25:36 PM »

His father's current wife, Silke Fatma Manwill, served time in federal prison for stabbing their 4-year-old son to death in 1993.

She was release from prison in 2002.

there it is.

I see it, too.  It has to be wrong.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1593 on: August 23, 2009, 05:35:23 PM »

Here is obit off legacy.com. Step mother appears to Afton

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/idahostatesman/obituary.aspx?n=robert-grant-manwill&pid=131026814

Robert Grant Manwill Share E-mail Visit Guest Book
Robert Grant Manwill 2001 - 2009 Robert was born in June of 2001 in Boise, Idaho to Melissa Scott Jenkins and Charles Lee Manwill. His parents married in July of 2001. They made their home in Boise for a year. They then decided that they were just not meant to be together. Since both loved Robert with all their hearts they decided to part as friends and always put Robert first in the relationship and doing what was best for Robert. So until Robert was of age for school they split custody 50/50. Robert was extremely happy because he was able to spend equal time between both of his parent's homes. They always showed the courtesy to each other that the other parent deserved. This helped Robert because Robert loved both of his parents more than anyone else in the world. When Robert started school he went to stay with his mom more so he was able to attend Head Start in Boise. Robert lived primarily with his mother until his mother experienced complications with the pregnancy of Robert's little brother. So his mom decided to send him to live with his dad. Robert completed the first grade in New Plymouth. He also attended the second grade at the same school where he excelled in almost every subject and captured the hearts of a whole new community. If you would like to learn more about Robert's Life please visit his My Space Page at www.myspace.com/meetrobertmanwill Robert was a well loved little boy. He is survived by his mother, Melissa Jenkins and her children Aidan and RayLynn of Boise Idaho; Melissa's parents, Jeff and Dori Jenkins of Carlsbad, N.M.; his father, Charles Manwill and his wife, Afton Manwill, and their children, Kenneth, Miranda, and Hailee; Afton's parents, Mike and Jaylene Branson, all of New Plymouth, Idaho; and Charles's mother, Joan Manwill, of Boise, Idaho. Robert also has numerous aunts, uncles and cousins all over the United States. Although Roberts's life was cut short and he will be severely missed, Robert will not be alone. He has left us behind and gone into the loving arms of his paternal grandpa, Meryl, and his big brother, Michael. We know he will be taken care of in the next life because he will be with ones that will watch over and love him the way he deserves. Memorial services will be held at 2 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 9, 2009 at Cloverdale Funeral Home with Pastor George Sova officiating. Graveside inurnment services will follow at Cloverdale Memorial Park. Memorial contributions may be made in Robert's name to the Crime Victims Compensation Program, the Boise Police Department, or the Ronald McDonald House. Condolences for the family may be submitted online at www.CloverdaleFuneralHome.com.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1594 on: August 23, 2009, 06:25:01 PM »

thanks...makes me feel better

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1595 on: August 23, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »

I never realized just how lousy reporting can be until I got involved in the Caylee case.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1596 on: August 23, 2009, 07:32:16 PM »

I never realized just how lousy reporting can be until I got involved in the Caylee case.
Heard! an angelic monkey

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1597 on: August 23, 2009, 07:35:03 PM »

an angelic monkey I don't have much to add today about Robert, but prayers for his Dad, step mom and the family and mostly for Robert. He will always be in my prayers. God Bless you Little Man. JSM  an angelic monkey

love your new look JSM...too cute!

God bless Robert...

cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1598 on: August 24, 2009, 05:08:14 PM »

If she was a battered woman she more than likely didn't protect her son because she was afraid of getting beat or having her son hurt even worse than she thought he would be.  I have no doubt she loved him, I believe her grief is real.  She wanted to see her son so much I am sure and she was probably afraid to send him home early from his visitation with her because she knew once the father found out his son was abused she would never see him again, Dad would have made sure of that.  Battered women are stripped of everything.  Their pride, their self esteem, their self worth.  All she has left in this world is her children and now she has lost them forever.  This is a sad story of the cycle of abuse and how a mom is brought so low that she becomes selfish in what little she does have that she will not put the protection of her children first.  Not all battered women let it go that far but too many do.  They don't love who their man is, they love who he pretended to be when they met him, they hope and pray that he will go back to being that way, they fear for their lives, they fear for their kids, and they are brainwashed to believe they cannot survive without this man.  It is complete and total codependance at it's worst.  In some cases they only stay because the man has them convinced he will kill them or their children if they leave.  A lot of times the woman did leave to only be tracked down by him and and almost killed for doing so.  Plus they play up the whole "it's my child and I have a right to see him" if there are kids involved.  I am not making excuses for her, she deserves the punishment that she has coming to her, my guess is that even she agrees, even as she hopes for a different outcome.  There is more to this story than his mom is incompetant, but the worst thing is that this little boy had to pay the price for his mothers inability to see that her relationship was not worth it and that she should run, even if it meant never seeing Robert or his sister again, just so she could protect herself and the kids from him.
AVERY WELL WRITTEN POST-BUT I dont care what anyone does to you-if you love a child you would die before you let anyone hurt that child- KILL if thats what it takes--- no -she is no mother no pity for her-she should have taken a knife and stab him to stop him from beating Robert-what jury in the world would convict a mother who was protecing a child.  on the other hand what jury would show  pity to a mother that had no pity for her child.  She had a hard life BIG DEAL no one beat her to death  
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1599 on: August 24, 2009, 05:13:48 PM »

I would also, it seems she is just covering for her sister. I will never understand this mind set. I understand family and protecting family, but no way should one protect if you even have a tiny amount of feelings that something was terribly wrong with a child. The only thing perhaps is maybe Robert was told that if he tells anyone he will be killed? I just don't know.
No Rose its just so sad-when will people learn-does not mater if its your sister -son -who ever-its the child thats needs protection.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.