April 28, 2024, 01:13:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert Manwill 8, missing 7/24/09 Boise, Idaho (BODY FOUND)  (Read 416016 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #460 on: August 01, 2009, 10:05:16 AM »

Just got caught up, thanks to everyone for the pictures and updates, and articles  How anyone thought this woman should be near children is just way beyond me. In the above article the man talking who says Robert called him grandpa, really said everything one needs to know about why this woman should not have been around Robert unsupervised.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #461 on: August 01, 2009, 10:12:43 AM »

Just got caught up, thanks to everyone for the pictures and updates, and articles  How anyone thought this woman should be near children is just way beyond me. In the above article the man talking who says Robert called him grandpa, really said everything one needs to know about why this woman should not have been around Robert unsupervised.

I would hope that if *grandpa* ever saw any physical abuse from the mom to Robert, he would have reported it to CPS.  I find it very odd that moms b/f accused his father of taking Robert...i almost wish this were true and *grandpa* took Robert to hide him from his piece of crap mom.  Unfortunately I dont think Robert was so lucky    

Its quite obvious that this little boy lived a not-so-wonderful life.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #462 on: August 01, 2009, 10:52:32 AM »

Good morning Monkeys..I just got caught up on this case.

Thank you for all the photos, research and articles.  This is so sad..why that child wasn't in foster care I'll never understand.  Surely after she cracked te skull of her infant they would have figured she was not mother material....and all she got was a small fine and robation.  The laws in Idaho need to change to protect the children.

Doesn't sound good that they are saying they don't need searchers..only LE to investigate.  I hope they have some solid leads as to who did this..but I am betting the mother and boyfriend. Just so sad and what a waste of a precious life.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: August 01, 2009, 11:49:03 AM »

$75.50 appears to be the going rate for a baby's fractured skull in Boise Idaho.  I wonder what the fine will be for the murder of an 8 year old boy.  Probably around $1.99. Why do these courts place so little value on an infant?  It's very sad.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #464 on: August 01, 2009, 12:03:08 PM »

I haven't been following this closely, thanks for all the updates.
I don't believe after reading and seeing what I saw on HLN or whatever that this boy is alive.
We have had some horrific cases of child abuse and eventual death here in Canada where the CFS workers must have been on crack when they didn't remove the kids or when they removed the kids and then gave them back.
Always a big hubbub in the paper and CFS's records re looked at and alot of blah blah and then the same thing happens to another kid. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #465 on: August 01, 2009, 12:10:19 PM »

from ktvb
UPDATE - 10:01am: Police resumed a search at a home on Southdale St. in south Ada County. Crews began working in the backyard at about 7 a.m. after shutting down late Friday night.

Investigators carefully dug up an area they were probing last night. That dirt was sifted, then removed. They then brought in the Boise Fire Department and drained a small above-ground pool nearby. Investigators then removed the pool and began probing in that area.

Crews are expected to be on scene throughout the day.

A news conference is scheduled to be held at noon. Stay with KTVB.COM for updates.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #466 on: August 01, 2009, 12:15:23 PM »

Good morning Monkeys..I just got caught up on this case.

Thank you for all the photos, research and articles.  This is so sad..why that child wasn't in foster care I'll never understand.  Surely after she cracked te skull of her infant they would have figured she was not mother material....and all she got was a small fine and robation.  The laws in Idaho need to change to protect the children.

Doesn't sound good that they are saying they don't need searchers..only LE to investigate.  I hope they have some solid leads as to who did this..but I am betting the mother and boyfriend. Just so sad and what a waste of a precious life.

Morning Gypsy and all!

The laws regarding children need to change in every state. We need to stop making it easy for the criminals and quit putting the victims back in danger. We need CPS to monitor and follow up instead of "trying to call" and giving up after they can't reach them once or twice. We need the judges to not accept some of these pleas and put some of these evil people in jail where they belong.

It makes me sick where the criminal seems to have more rights than the victim.

Regarding the searches: They went into Friday's massive search calling it a "one day push". So it isn't huge news to me that they don't want volunteers anymore. I do hope some of the leads they do have pan out and they can find little man and bring him to his daddy.

It sounds to me like "step-daddy" is trying to toss his dad under the bus and his best friend who's house they searched is covering up for him.

jmo

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #467 on: August 01, 2009, 12:21:08 PM »

Is it because of too big of case loads, budget cuts, some of the social workers just are overwhelmed and basically have given up? Could these be some of the reasons why the Dept of Children and Family Services are not doing the best job?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #468 on: August 01, 2009, 12:21:47 PM »

From the aerial views of the house they are digging at we know that the neighbour to the right of that house shares a back access and also has the same practice of parking lots of cars. Do we know who lives next door?  I am betting they are either related or perhaps that is where Wallis lives.  Why would Wallis be putting new sod and a sandbox at 6629?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #469 on: August 01, 2009, 12:24:13 PM »

From the aerial views of the house they are digging at we know that the neighbour to the right of that house shares a back access and also has the same practice of parking lots of cars. Do we know who lives next door?  I am betting they are either related or perhaps that is where Wallis lives.  Why would Wallis be putting new sod and a sandbox at 6629?
    It sure looks like a junk yard to me, and with all those cars, how would you even have known one of them went missing?
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #470 on: August 01, 2009, 12:28:47 PM »

Someone 'came into his house and took the keys'. That's an odd choice of words for Mr. Wallis.

I would have said someone must have broke into my house and stole the keys.

Innocent bystanders usually are standing by watching but they don't participate in any crime that is taking place.

Odd choice of words too.

Convenient that he was gone for the weekend and when he returned he just happen to "find" the "stolen" SUV.

My hinky meter is going off big-time.

He is covering for someone and I think  it's "step-daddy".

He also has a baby with Jennifer Whitman who is listed at that address on whitepages.com

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #471 on: August 01, 2009, 12:35:12 PM »

Is it because of too big of case loads, budget cuts, some of the social workers just are overwhelmed and basically have given up? Could these be some of the reasons why the Dept of Children and Family Services are not doing the best job?

I deal with CPS workers on a daily basis. There are a lot of good ones but there are a small share of ones that have become jaded by the job and there are some that are just plain horrible.

Their caseloads though are huge. Too many children and not enough time to follow-up on any of them like they should. Budgets cuts and money play a huge role in it. They are overworked and under payed much like teachers. There needs to be more and they need to be better trained and better supervised. jmo

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #472 on: August 01, 2009, 12:38:48 PM »

I deal with CPS workers on a daily basis. There are a lot of good ones but there are a small share of ones that have become jaded by the job and there are some that are just plain horrible.

Their caseloads though are huge. Too many children and not enough time to follow-up on any of them like they should. Budgets cuts and money play a huge role in it. They are overworked and under payed much like teachers. There needs to be more and they need to be better trained and better supervised. jmo

Thank-you, what a shame. And also maybe even if one wanted to do the right thing and take a child out of a home, I would imagine the social worker would have to go to the powers that be, and it is their decision in the long run.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #473 on: August 01, 2009, 12:39:32 PM »

Would the address go up or go down? I posted the names of 6630 residents a couple pages back.

I can see a sandbox. He does have a child.

The sod though. That is expensive for a renter to be putting in. Unless the owner bought it and he is putting it in, or they agreed he would put it in and the owner would take it off the rent.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: August 01, 2009, 12:43:06 PM »

It sure looks like a junk yard to me, and with all those cars, how would you even have known one of them went missing?

I come up with an address of 6605 for the neighbour who shares the back access.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #475 on: August 01, 2009, 12:43:07 PM »

Would the address go up or go down? I posted the names of 6630 residents a couple pages back.

The sod though. That is expensive for a renter to be putting in. Unless the owner bought it and he is putting it in, or they agreed he would put it in and the owner would take it off the rent.

Good question, yes sod is expensive. What a place for a child to play, I would be scared the child would get hurt with all the stuff in the yard.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #476 on: August 01, 2009, 12:43:31 PM »

He said he and his wife have been re-doing their backyard, planting grass and adding a sandbox. He said he did not notice any disturbances in the backyard, which he said was large and had "a lot of junk" in it.

Planting grass could just be tossing some seed down and watering it.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: August 01, 2009, 12:45:58 PM »

Bing shows 6630 as the house directly across the street from 6629.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #478 on: August 01, 2009, 12:47:18 PM »

I come up with an address of 6605 for the neighbour who shares the back access.

Glenda M Gibson

1. 6605 Southdale Ave
   2. Boise, ID

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #479 on: August 01, 2009, 12:53:01 PM »

This case is so sad because as in so many other cases like it, this WAS avoidable

Reminds me of when my son was victimized and it was referred to DCF, they couldn't even spell in their letters to the DA They couldn't figure out whether he was telling the truth or not even thought the rape crisis report showed abuse So, they referred it out to LeBonhuer Children and Family where we all underwent pyscological testing and interviews, and their report put the final nail in the coffin when it came to the perp. It's so sad DCF wouldn't trust a 3 yr old But, it all worked out fine in court, so I guess I should consider myself one of the lucky ones that their ineptness didn't interfere with the judge's decision.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.