April 28, 2024, 07:21:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert Manwill 8, missing 7/24/09 Boise, Idaho (BODY FOUND)  (Read 416045 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #600 on: August 02, 2009, 02:10:00 AM »

http://www.2news.tv/news/52270027.html?video=YHI&t=a

Boise man's home searched in Manwill disappearance
Story Updated: Aug 1, 2009 at 6:50 PM MDT
By Jen Wahl

BOISE - Friday evening and Saturday morning, authorities looking for 8-year-old Robert Manwill focused their efforts on Evan Wallis' Boise home and blue Suburban.

"I was devastated that my truck was being considered part of this murder this case with Robert," Wallis said.

The Homeowner, Wallis, says he has three boys of his own and is an innocent bystander in the investigation.

Wallis says he welcomed authorities to his backyard to search for anything that may lead them to the little boy.

"I have complete cooperation with them because it is a little boy that needs to be found," he said.

Wallis says police searched his home after bloodhounds picked up a scent on his Suburban. He says his truck was stolen on July 22, just two days before Robert disappeared. Then it turned back up on Monday and Wallis notified the Ada County Sheriff's Office.

"And that's what lead them to come back here and get a warrant to come dig up our backyard," Wallis said. "I told them go ahead just as long as you just leave things the way they were when you're done."

At a news conference earlier this afternoon, Boise Deputy Chief Jim Kerns says he couldn't tell CBS 2 anything about the search on Wallis' property, and they're looking into more than 300 tips.

"At this point the investigation to find Robert is an hour by hour effort," Kerns said. "The lead detectives are constantly evaluating evidence and focusing resources."

Wallis says the only thing investigators were going to find in his home were freshly dug dirt from grass he was planting and a few tree stumps.

Although he says he knows the Ehrlick family very well, he wasn't very close to Melissa Jenkin's or her boyfriend Daniel Ehrlick.

Wallis says he hopes the investigation helps lead police to 8-year-old Robert Manwill and is glad he was able to help.

http://www.2news.tv/news/52270027.html

Frankinputer won't let me see this video. Someone watching it and give us your impression on this dude, please. TIA

His answers to this interview and his last one...he just seems like he is covering. jmo

Did anyone else notice this man started to say 'murder' and corrected himself?

Listening again, he says the whole word, 'murder' before correcting himself. (-1:32 on tape, red type-mine)

Yes, he sure did say M U R D E R!

I am so sick of this happening to our most precious resources -our children- and so often parents are involved. It scares me to death for the future of our children's kids with SO'd and women/men who beat children getting a slap on the wrist.....what part of that is justice??????

Thanks, IM.  I can't believe they skipped over it in the narrative.  wth?

Me either~IMO that is an excited utterance

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #601 on: August 02, 2009, 02:12:06 AM »

It wouldn't surprise me Bearly. I have said from the beginning, he sets my hinky meter off.

I wish I could view the video. ;;crys::

I think it should be reported to the tipline just in case LE didn't see that interview or catch the slip.

TIPLINE:  570-6457
E-mail:  findrobert@cityofboise.org

Done.

Website kept timing out when I went to post it there, too.

You posted it on the police website? I am confused. LOL

No.  I tried to post it on the tv website where the article was, there was a place for comments.

It times out and won't let you post.  There are no comments there so far, that is probably why.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: August 02, 2009, 02:15:45 AM »

http://www.2news.tv/news/52270027.html?video=YHI&t=a

Boise man's home searched in Manwill disappearance
Story Updated: Aug 1, 2009 at 6:50 PM MDT
By Jen Wahl

BOISE - Friday evening and Saturday morning, authorities looking for 8-year-old Robert Manwill focused their efforts on Evan Wallis' Boise home and blue Suburban.

"I was devastated that my truck was being considered part of this murder this case with Robert," Wallis said.

The Homeowner, Wallis, says he has three boys of his own and is an innocent bystander in the investigation.

Wallis says he welcomed authorities to his backyard to search for anything that may lead them to the little boy.

"I have complete cooperation with them because it is a little boy that needs to be found," he said.

Wallis says police searched his home after bloodhounds picked up a scent on his Suburban. He says his truck was stolen on July 22, just two days before Robert disappeared. Then it turned back up on Monday and Wallis notified the Ada County Sheriff's Office.

"And that's what lead them to come back here and get a warrant to come dig up our backyard," Wallis said. "I told them go ahead just as long as you just leave things the way they were when you're done."

At a news conference earlier this afternoon, Boise Deputy Chief Jim Kerns says he couldn't tell CBS 2 anything about the search on Wallis' property, and they're looking into more than 300 tips.

"At this point the investigation to find Robert is an hour by hour effort," Kerns said. "The lead detectives are constantly evaluating evidence and focusing resources."

Wallis says the only thing investigators were going to find in his home were freshly dug dirt from grass he was planting and a few tree stumps.

Although he says he knows the Ehrlick family very well, he wasn't very close to Melissa Jenkin's or her boyfriend Daniel Ehrlick.

Wallis says he hopes the investigation helps lead police to 8-year-old Robert Manwill and is glad he was able to help.

Frankinputer won't let me see this video. Someone watching it and give us your impression on this dude, please. TIA

His answers to this interview and his last one...he just seems like he is covering. jmo

Did anyone else notice this man started to say 'murder' and corrected himself?

Listening again, he says the whole word, 'murder' before correcting himself. (-1:32 on tape, red type-mine)

Yes, he sure did say M U R D E R!

I am so sick of this happening to our most precious resources -our children- and so often parents are involved. It scares me to death for the future of our children's kids with SO'd and women/men who beat children getting a slap on the wrist.....what part of that is justice??????

Thanks, IM.  I can't believe they skipped over it in the narrative.  wth?

Me either~IMO that is an excited utterance

He said the whole flippin' word.

How irresponsible is that in reporting the news?

I believe in miracles!
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #603 on: August 02, 2009, 02:15:57 AM »

It wouldn't surprise me Bearly. I have said from the beginning, he sets my hinky meter off.

I think it should be reported to the tipline just in case LE didn't see that interview or catch the slip.

Area code is 208

Tipline: 208-570-6457

Are you going to email or call it in or you want me to?

I don't have a problem with doing it. I think it's worth a mention and it can't hurt.

The woman answering the phone was lovely.

She asked questions, asked exactly where it was on the website, and seemed knowledgeable about the case.

Thank you so much, hon. I wish my Frankinputer would let me see that video. It's moody. Some it lets me see, some they won't load at all or crash the browser.

Mr. Wallis knows something. I'd bet ten of Casey's jailhouse twinkies on it.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: August 02, 2009, 02:21:30 AM »

Done.

Website kept timing out when I went to post it there, too.

You posted it on the police website? I am confused. LOL

No.  I tried to post it on the tv website where the article was, there was a place for comments.

It times out and won't let you post.  There are no comments there so far, that is probably why.

Okay now.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: August 02, 2009, 02:22:55 AM »

Area code is 208

Tipline: 208-570-6457

Are you going to email or call it in or you want me to?

I don't have a problem with doing it. I think it's worth a mention and it can't hurt.

The woman answering the phone was lovely.

She asked questions, asked exactly where it was on the website, and seemed knowledgeable about the case.

Thank you so much, hon. I wish my Frankinputer would let me see that video. It's moody. Some it lets me see, some they won't load at all or crash the browser.

Mr. Wallis knows something. I'd bet ten of Casey's jailhouse twinkies on it.

I was trying to figure out a way to upload it and get it to you, but I can't.

Did you update your Realplayer?

I believe in miracles!
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #606 on: August 02, 2009, 02:24:10 AM »

LOL, k now I understand.

I thought I was drinking again. Wink

The reporter must have been drinking if he clearly said the word and then changed it and they didn't report that verbatim. They may kick themselves later if it turns out to be "something".

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #607 on: August 02, 2009, 02:31:27 AM »

Bearly it is flash that's the problem.

Youtubes crash and cause errors. Some older flash will work though.

My computer is old and runs on Windows ME. Some of the "newer" flash requires an upgrade. The upgrades don't work with ME.

It's a lose, lose.

I've been trying to save for a new one for over a year, something always comes up though and wipes out whatever i get saved up. brakes for the car, trip to the emergency room, etc.

Thanks though.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: August 02, 2009, 02:36:29 AM »

Bearly it is flash that's the problem.

Youtubes crash and cause errors. Some older flash will work though.

My computer is old and runs on Windows ME. Some of the "newer" flash requires an upgrade. The upgrades don't work with ME.

It's a lose, lose.

I've been trying to save for a new one for over a year, something always comes up though and wipes out whatever i get saved up. brakes for the car, trip to the emergency room, etc.

Thanks though.

I can relate to something always coming up.

I believe in miracles!
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #609 on: August 02, 2009, 02:40:10 AM »

In the great green room
there was a telephone
And a red balloon
And a picture of--

The cow jumping over the moon

and there were three little bears, sitting on chairs

and two little kittens and a pair of mittens

and a little toy house and a young mouse

and a comb and a brush and bowl full of mush

and a quiet old lady who was whispering "hush"

Goodnight room

goodnight moon

goodnight cow jumping over the moon

goodnight light and the red balloon

goodnight bears goodnight chairs

goodnight kittens goodnight mittens

goodnight clocks and goodnight socks

goodnight little house and goodnight mouse

goodnight comb and goodnight brush

goodnight nobody goodnight mush

and goodnight to the old lady whispering "hush"

goodnight stars, goodnight air

goodnight noises everywhere

Goodnight little man Robert. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers tonight. May god guide you home soon.

Goodnight Bearly and islandmonkey and all my monkey friends.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: August 02, 2009, 04:25:20 AM »

In the great green room
there was a telephone
And a red balloon
And a picture of--

The cow jumping over the moon

and there were three little bears, sitting on chairs

and two little kittens and a pair of mittens

and a little toy house and a young mouse

and a comb and a brush and bowl full of mush

and a quiet old lady who was whispering "hush"

Goodnight room

goodnight moon

goodnight cow jumping over the moon

goodnight light and the red balloon

goodnight bears goodnight chairs

goodnight kittens goodnight mittens

goodnight clocks and goodnight socks

goodnight little house and goodnight mouse

goodnight comb and goodnight brush

goodnight nobody goodnight mush

and goodnight to the old lady whispering "hush"

goodnight stars, goodnight air

goodnight noises everywhere

Goodnight little man Robert. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers tonight. May god guide you home soon.

Goodnight Bearly and islandmonkey and all my monkey friends.

Nite Pink
Thanks for the link.

I believe in miracles!
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: August 02, 2009, 10:31:20 AM »

Leroy

I see you lurking - IF Roberts Mother is not involved .. Who else could it be.
I saw your postings on Otty Sanchez's cage. I find that Roberts Mother is not too far from what Otty did - She Roberts Mother has already cracked her infants skull. That would like taking his body and swinging him around till his head struck a permanent object.

Babies skulls are very soft and for a reason - so they can grow.

Who the hell does this S@it and actually walks away .. Um Roberts Mother 
Gasp.

Hi Deenie - sorry I didn't respond sooner...i was logged in but not at my computer.

I strongly believe that mom and b/f are involved in Robert's disappearance.  From the grandpas comments I think mom abused Robert on a regular basis.  Not to mention the charge for fracturing the other childs skull.  This Wallis guy is also very suspicious however i think if he had anything to do with this it is just him covering for mom and b/f. 

Dad seems like a decent guy and I would bet that if he had a choice in the matter, mom would have never been able to see Robert again.

Otty Sanchez is one sick individual!!  The difference between these two women is that Otty didn't have a history of abusing children as does Melissa.  If something tragic did happen to Robert and his mom has anything to do with it, the Judge that gave her a sentence, that a kid whole stole a pack of gum would get, has blood on their hands too!

All this is JMO.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #612 on: August 02, 2009, 10:36:55 AM »

Here is a good re-cap of "who's who"

ROBERT MANWILL'S FAMILY AND THEIR FRIENDS

Robert Manwill: The 8-year-old boy who has been missing since July 24.

Melissa Scott Jenkins: Robert's mother.

Charles Manwill: Robert's father, who has been divorced from Jenkins since October 2002.

Daniel Ehrlick Jr.: Jenkins' boyfriend.

Daniel Ehrlick Sr.: The father of Ehrlick Jr. He said his son accused him of taking Robert.

David Ehrlick: Ehrlick Jr.'s younger brother.

Evan Wallis: David Ehrlick's friend whose backyard was being searched Friday night.

Trisha Burrill: Robert's aunt and a family spokeswoman.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/235/story/853337.html?storylink=omni_popular

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #613 on: August 02, 2009, 10:40:10 AM »

Thanks for that Leroy, it is easy to get so mixed up with family members and friends, in these cases.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #614 on: August 02, 2009, 10:42:04 AM »

Small town puts out big effort to find missing youth
New Plymouth residents join search

Sunday, August 2, 2009 12:36 AM PDT

New Plymouth—Joe Cook said he thought it was the right thing to do.

Carrie Aguas felt it was about hope and finding a lost boy.

Cook and Aguas were just two people out of a crowd of more than 60 New Plymouth residents that traveled to Boise Friday to help search for a missing 8-year-old boy.

The boy, Robert Manwill, disappeared July 24 from the area around his mother’s apartment in Boise.

Manwill is also a New Plymouth Elementary School student and residents of the small, southwest Idaho town came out in force Friday to find him.   

“I just thought it was the right thing to do. I thought it would be a good idea,” Cook, the New Plymouth mayor, said about the local effort to find Manwill.

The volunteers converged on the elementary school Friday, stepped onto a bus and traveled to Boise to assist in what has become one of the largest search efforts ever in the Gem State’s capital.

Aguas, the principal at New Plymouth Elementary School, said the New Plymouth group focused its search in and around Boise’s Ann Morrison Park.

Aguas said the mood was low-key but hopeful. 

“Everyone was very quiet. That was right after they (the Boise Police Department) announced they might be looking for evidence of a tragedy. I think everyone was hoping to find something to end it,” Aguas said.

Cook said it was crucial the New Plymouth community made a statement about the fate of Manwill.

“Community support is important right now for this little boy,” Cook said.

He said the outpouring of concern for Manwill symbolizes the kind of residents that live in the Treasure Valley. 

“That’s the whole point. People do care. There are people that are involved and care but don’t know the family or the boy,” Cook said.

Aguas also said the torrent of assistance from the community in the effort to find Manwill was impressive.

“Parents brought water and snacks and loaded them on the bus,” she said. “I thought it was awesome that Joe Cook came over to help search.”

Manwill is something of a success story at New Plymouth Elementary School, Aguas said.

“Everyone felt like he was making it. He is a little guy we worked to bring up his self-confidence. I felt that his time at school had been good. He is on his way to be a strong student,” Aguas said.

Aguas said she did not want to speculate on Manwill’s fate but instead held out hope the young man would be found. Aguas said Manwill was full of potential.

“He is a bright little kid. He just needed some extra time, and he was willing to work hard,” she said.

http://www.argusobserver.com/articles/2009/08/02/news/doc4a7538ff0920a221343535.txt

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #615 on: August 02, 2009, 10:43:21 AM »

Thanks for that Leroy, it is easy to get so mixed up with family members and friends, in these cases.

Your welcome NoRose.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #616 on: August 02, 2009, 10:47:42 AM »

Manwill is something of a success story at New Plymouth Elementary School, Aguas said.

“Everyone felt like he was making it. He is a little guy we worked to bring up his self-confidence. I felt that his time at school had been good. He is on his way to be a strong student,” Aguas said.  (It makes you wonder what this child all had to put up with, before going to live with his father  )
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #617 on: August 02, 2009, 10:50:16 AM »

Robert Manwill investigation: Details of mother's past emerge
Public records, interviews give some insight into Melissa Jenkins and Daniel Ehrlick Jr.

STATESMAN STAFF - Idaho Statesman
Copyright: © 2009 Idaho Statesman
Published: 08/02/09

The last two people looking after 8-year-old Robert Manwill before he disappeared were his mother, Melissa Scott Jenkins, 30, and her boyfriend, Daniel Edward Ehrlick Jr., 36.

Robert was reported missing at 10:11 p.m. Friday, July 24. He was visiting his mother from New Plymouth, where he lived with his father, Charles Manwill, 38, a staff sergeant in the Idaho Army National Guard. Charles Manwill took custody of Robert in January 2008 when Jenkins said she was having complications with a pregnancy.

Attempts to reach Jenkins and Ehrlick have been unsuccessful. On Saturday, they didn't answer a knock on their door, and Jenkins' cell phone was busy all day.

Here's what we've learned so far about Jenkins and Ehrlick:

JENKINS: 3 CHILDREN, NONE LIVE WITH HER

Jenkins has at least three children by three fathers. They are: Robert, 8, son of Charles Manwill; RayLynn Scott Ames, 2, daughter of Russell Ames; and Aidan James Ehrlick, 1, son of Daniel Ehrlick Jr. She was married to one of the men, Manwill. Two of the three children, Robert and RayLynn, live with their fathers.

Jenkins is on probation for fracturing the skull of the third child, Aidan. A tape recording of her sentencing describes what happened:

When Jenkins pleaded guilty to misdemeanor injury to a child on March 31, 2009, Judge Cathleen MacGregor Irby asked Jenkins what she did that "would make her guilty of that offense."

"I was burping my son and I accidentally hit his head on the table," Jenkins said.

Ada County prosecutor Fafa Alidjani gave Irby more details. When the parents brought Aidan to the hospital, "the child had swelling to the side of his head. É The side of the head kind of felt mushy and swollen, and the child was in distress. The X-ray revealed the child had about a 3- to 4-centimeter horizontal fracture to the side of his head," Alidjani said.

"Neither parent could provide a history as to what would cause that kind of injury to the child's head, ..." Alidjani said. Eventually, Jenkins told police she had been frustrated and tired because she was unable to take a nap, and while burping the child she flipped him over and hit his head.

A doctor who examined the baby determined a great deal of force was needed to cause a fracture of that magnitude, Alidjani said.

The injury to Aidan Ehrlick occurred at his father's parents' home, according to court testimony. Aidan was declared to be in imminent danger and placed in the custody of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare in October 2008.

Jenkins was placed on two years of supervised probation, and she agreed to fully cooperate with Health and Welfare in working toward a reunification with Aidan, which included supervised visits, according to court records.

It is unclear if the toddler is still in state custody. Idaho Health and Welfare officials were not available for comment Friday.

Jenkins was married at least one other time.

She worked at the Idaho Statesman from October 2004 to May 2005. Stephanie Lindstrom, the classified call center manager at the Idaho Statesman, remembered her as Melissa Seiber. She and Frank Ross Seiber obtained a marriage license in May 2003 but divorced in March 2006.

Melissa Seiber worked as a general telemarketer, and she did her job well at first, Lindstrom said. Seiber expressed an interest in a higher-paying job as a retention specialist. Instead of working toward that position, Seiber started missing work and eventually just left, Lindstrom said.

Seeing Robert with his mother, Lindstrom said, "I just felt something wasn't right. (Robert was) filthy, rough. One time I saw him in the car, and he was not in his booster seat," she said.

Justin Winegar of Fruitland formerly worked with Stephanie in the call center.

"The thing that stuck in my mind, she was always really nice to me," Winegar said.

"She was always either smiling or sad or depressed. She was emotional," he said. "There was never any middle ground, it was either a high or low personality."

Bonnie Stogdill is an employee of the Boise Bingo Center, which previously was operated as Big Bucks Bingo. She knew Frank Seiber for a long time as the manager at Big Bucks before it closed down.

One day Frank Seiber came in with Melissa, who was pregnant. She started working there, eventually calling bingo numbers before she left when she and Frank divorced in 2006. Robert was a frequent guest at the parlor, but he had to be gone before bingo started, Stogdill said.

"He was a cute little kid," she said.

She doesn't know where Frank Seiber is now.

EHRLICK: A STAY-AT-HOME DAD

Little is known about Jenkins' boyfriend. Daniel Ehrlick Jr. is a stay-at-home dad, according to his brother, David. Daniel relies on their father, Daniel Ehrlick Sr., for financial support. "He bails 'em out," David Ehrlick said.

Daniel Ehrlick Jr. has been convicted of burglary, battery and possession of drug paraphernalia, and he is banned by the courts from being alone with Robert's half sister, RayLynn. Ehrlick was sentenced to four years in prison in July 1998 and released in March 2002.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/235/story/853332.html?storylink=omni_popular

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #618 on: August 02, 2009, 10:54:29 AM »

Okay so I started to *bold* things in the above article but the whole thing is disturbing.

She was pregnant in January but had complications...is she still pregnant (hope not)?  Or did she lose that baby (hopefully)?

My final thought after reading that is poor poor Robert.   What a shame   

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: August 02, 2009, 11:00:27 AM »

couple of other thoughts....

How can you be ordered to only have supervised visitation with only one of your children?  Just because she hurt the littlest one doesn't mean she couldn't/wouldn't hurt any of the other children.  Makes no sense.  If you proven to be an un-fit mother that should go across the board for all of your kids!

And then you have child living in a house with a guy that is banned by the courts to be alone with another child??!!  Again, this makes no sense and how can they *pick and choose* which children are possbily in danger of these freaks!! 

There was bound to be a tragedy in this family and I think Robert may have been just that    

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.