April 27, 2024, 08:20:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert Manwill 8, missing 7/24/09 Boise, Idaho (BODY FOUND)  (Read 415962 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1520 on: August 19, 2009, 12:52:20 PM »

UPDATE: Grand Jury says mom, boyfriend tortured Robert Manwill

BOISE – Police say they know who is responsible for killing Robert Manwill: his mother and her boyfriend.

Melissa Scott Jenkins, 30 and Daniel Edward Ehrlick, 36 were taken into custody Tuesday afternoon – both are charged with first-degree murder. Ehrlick is also charged with failure to report a death to law enforcement, while Jenkins is charged as an accessory for failing to report Manwill’s death to law enforcement.

Manwill’s body was found in a Kuna canal on August 10th. Police said the boy was a victim of homicide and vowed to find his killer.

The indictment handed down by an Ada County Grand Jury accuses that the pair "tortured and murdered Manwill by inflicting extreme or prolonged pain with intent to cause suffering or to satisfy some sadistic inclination by inflicting repeated acts of blunt force trauma or abdomen and/or head with his hands, knees, fists and/or feet."

The indictment also accuses Ehrlick and Jenkins of lying to police about the events surrounding Manwill's death

The boy was reported missing to police on July 24th. The community quickly responded, with posters featuring the boy’s face popping up all over town, and volunteers spending spare time searching for the child.

During an arraignment Wednesday morning, Jenkins appeared tearful and could be heard sniffling.

Judge Deborah Bail asked both Jenkins and Ehrlick wether they intended to plead guilty or not-guilty. The judge outlined the rights and loss of rights tied to each choice.

Pleas were not entered in the case, instead being delayed until September 1st so that the newly appointed attorney in the case could get up to speed.

Both defendants could face the death penalty in the case, though Ada County Prosecutor Greg Bower said a decision has not been made to that end. His office has 60 days to make that decision.

"We have assigned a veteran team of prosecutors to this case," Ada County Prosecutor Greg Bower said.

The prosecutor said it was not yet clear if the pair would be tried together or separately.

Boise Police Deputy Chief Jim Kerns asked for the public’s additional help offering any details of the activities of Jenkins or Ehrlick in the week leading up to July 24th.

Kerns did not take questions at the news briefing, which did not give the media a chance to ask follow up questions that may better illustrate particulars of the case – including why they believe Ehrlick and Jenkins are responsible.

“Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people,” Boise Police Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said Tuesday night.

The case started to rapidly change on Thursday July 30th. That night, police began searching the Jenkins' Boise Bench apartment, removing materials from the home, including cabinets, computers and more. Police also towed a vehicle from the complex.

The pair has now been indicted by an Ada County grand jury, and are being booked into the Ada County Jail on the charges. Ehrlick will be held without bond, while Jenkins will be held on a $2 million bond.

Ehrlick and Jenkins appeared behind Kerns at each news conference until the day after Jenkins’ home was searched. Ehrlick has not been seen in public since. Jenkins was at the boy’s funeral and at a news event the day her son’s body was identified.

Jenkins has a past criminal history that involves hurting children.

On October 19, 2008 police said a baby boy had been injured. Jenkins was arrested and charged with felony injury to a child. The child suffered serious head injuries and was taken to a local hospital for treatment. The child was taken into the custody of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.

Court documents say Jenkins hit her 9-month-old son's head on a surface. The infant suffered a fractured skull that caused not only physical pain, but mental suffering as well.

Since the boy’s disappearance and before his arrest, Ehrlick had been in and out of the hospital for unspecified treatments, according to family.

Kerns said the investigation into Manwill’s death continues – and says if anyone has information that may help them, to call Boise Police Dispatch at 377-6790.

Boise Mayor Dave Bieter issued a statement reacting to the charges Tuesday night.

"While the presumption of innocence must be maintained, I hope and have faith that justice will be served in this case and that our citizens who have shown incredible compassion in the face of tragedy, can begin to mend from the loss of Robert Manwill," Bieter said.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug1809-manwill.f33b6dd1.html
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1521 on: August 19, 2009, 12:57:31 PM »

Wow..I am glad little Robert is finally getting justice. 

I feel like all the wind has been knocked out of me to hear how he died.  Just so terrible..to be brutally tortured and beaten to death.  The one person a child should be able to trust, their mother, stood by and not only let this happen but hid him.

I am thinking like you No Rose..she hid from the family, she hid him from CPS when they visited..not only did she not help him...she was sending him to his death. She let her boyfriend physically abuse him and did nothing. 

This makes the Grandfather's remarks even easier to understand..he couldn't take Robert fishing...he said she was always on Robert..and then when he said that his son said Robert was outback..he said he saw a child at a distance that looked like Robert..but couldn't tell really if it was Robert..I think the grandfather suspected that his son murdered Robert, but he couldn't prove it.

My heart is just aching for this poor little boy..and all the 1000's of others out there that are murdered each year. 

It will be interesting to find out who else was involved..his brother, the neighbor, another family member...?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1522 on: August 19, 2009, 01:00:13 PM »

Unbelievably heartbreaking. My God what this little child must have endured. what pure inexplicable evil. I don't know what else I can say. Sad

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1523 on: August 19, 2009, 01:09:30 PM »

Indictment: Daniel Erhlick Jr. tortured and beat Robert Manwill to death
By Patrick Orr - porr@idahostatesman.com
Published: 08/19/09

Katherine Jones / Idaho Statesman
Day 3 of the search Melissa Scott Jenkins, left, and Daniel Edward Ehrlick Jr. appear together July 27 as Boise police called for public help in the search for 8-year-old Robert Manwill. Ehrlick attended only one more of the daily briefings, where family members often joined police.

AP Photo
In this photo provided on Tuesday Aug. 18, 2009 by the Ada County Jail, Daniel Ehrlick Jr., 36, is shown. Ehrlick was indicted for first-degree murder by an Ada County grand jury in the death of his girlfriend's 8-year-old son, Robert Manwill.

AP Photo
In this photo provided on Tuesday Aug. 18, 2009 by the Ada County Jail, Melissa Jenkins, 30, is shown. Jenkins, 30, the mother of Robert Manwill, was indicted for first-degree murder by an Ada County grand jury in the death of her 8-year-old son, Robert Manwill.
Eight-year-old Robert Manwill was killed by Daniel Erhlick Jr., who tortured and beat him to death while Manwill's mother, Melissa Jenkins, hid her son from government authorities who might have helped him.

So says an Ada County grand jury indictment unsealed Wednesday morning in 4th District Court.

Ehrlick Jr., 36, inflicted repeated acts of blunt-force trauma to the abdomen and/or the head of Manwill with his hands, knees, fists and/or feet and/or by other means of physical force, physical abuse or emotional abuse, according to the indictment. The beatings caused bruises, abdominal bleeding and injuries and head injuries that prompted Manwill's death on or about July 24.

The indictment alleges that Ehrlick Jr. intentionally tortured Manwill "with the intent to cause suffering, to execute vengeance or to satisfy some sadistic inclination by inflicting on Robert G. Manwill extreme or prolonged acts of brutality with the intent to cause suffering."

Jenkins, 30, a mother of three, had knowledge of the beatings and repeatedly hid her son from authorities and others who might have intervened. She also failed in her duty to seek medical attention for her son's injuries, despite knowing Manwill "was being subjected to escalating physical violence” by Erhlick, according to the indictment.

Neither entered a plea and are expected to do so on Sept. 1.

An Ada County grand jury on Tuesday indicted Jenkins and Ehrlick Jr. on charges of first-degree murder. Both also are charged with failing to report a death. Police have provided no details about the evidence they have.

In Idaho, first-degree murder is punishable by up to life in prison or death.

Local, state and federal agencies logged 9,000 hours in the search and investigation after Robert was reported missing July 24, Deputy Boise Chief Jim Kerns said. Thousands of people volunteered in the 10-day search: “Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people,” Kerns said Tuesday. Robert’s body was found Aug. 3 in the New York Canal near Kuna.

Prosecutors have 60 days to decide whether to seek the death penalty. Police asked the public for information about the pair’s activities in the week before Robert was reported missing.

Local, state and federal agencies logged 9,000 hours in the search and investigation after Robert was reported missing July 24, Deputy Boise Chief Jim Kerns said. Thousands of people volunteered in the 10-day search: “Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people,” Kerns said Tuesday. Robert’s body was found Aug. 3 in the New York Canal near Kuna.

Prosecutors have 60 days to decide whether to seek the death penalty. Police asked the public for information about the pair’s activities in the week before Robert was reported missing.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/870337.html

I'm so sad and heartbroken that the system seems to continually fail thsese children, and to find out he was brutally tortured while his mother allowed it is just too much. May they rot in hell and that's really too good for what they did to Robert, but he's an  an angelic monkey now and will never be hurt again nor never know the disappointment and sorrow that someone (egg donor) that should have protected him allowed this to happen. RIP Lil man

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1524 on: August 19, 2009, 01:09:32 PM »

I still don’t understand why Robert was even visiting those filthy people. That worthless mother couldn’t even keep custody of any of her children. There is a reason for that; she didn’t want to have to care for them. And what I really don’t understand is why that egg donor let him come to visit and was ultimately responsible for him being beaten to death?  Well, she is someone that KC would be safe sharing a cell with. Two peas in a pod the way I see it.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1525 on: August 19, 2009, 01:29:09 PM »

I still don’t understand why Robert was even visiting those filthy people. That worthless mother couldn’t even keep custody of any of her children. There is a reason for that; she didn’t want to have to care for them. And what I really don’t understand is why that egg donor let him come to visit and was ultimately responsible for him being beaten to death?  Well, she is someone that KC would be safe sharing a cell with. Two peas in a pod the way I see it.
I must have missed something or misunderstood. How long had Robert been visiting at his mother's apt? I thought I read for the summer. How long was this horrific abuse going on? Was abuse done while he was there for awhile, or was all the abuse on one day that escallated to Robert's murder? I keep thinking about the article about how well Robert was doing in his new school, and grief comes over me. He was so trying and was doing so well.
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1526 on: August 19, 2009, 01:34:50 PM »

I must have missed something or misunderstood. How long had Robert been visiting at his mother's apt? I thought I read for the summer. How long was this horrific abuse going on? Was abuse done while he was there for awhile, or was all the abuse on one day that escallated to Robert's murder? I keep thinking about the article about how well Robert was doing in his new school, and grief comes over me. He was so trying and was doing so well.

Not sure how long Robert had been visiting. The grand jury indictment makes it sound like the beatings and abuse went on for at least a few days to several days or more. Might have to wait for trial to find out the real time frame if we ever do.......
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1527 on: August 19, 2009, 01:37:40 PM »

Does anyone know how long you can live with internal bleeding?

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1528 on: August 19, 2009, 02:10:56 PM »

Does anyone know how long you can live with internal bleeding?
I don't know Leroy, but could be for a while and depending on the injury.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1529 on: August 19, 2009, 02:15:02 PM »

Not sure how long Robert had been visiting. The grand jury indictment makes it sound like the beatings and abuse went on for at least a few days to several days or more. Might have to wait for trial to find out the real time frame if we ever do.......
Thank-you 
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1530 on: August 19, 2009, 03:29:45 PM »

Updated article

UPDATE: Indictment says boyfriend tortured Robert Manwill

12:01 PM MDT on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

KTVB.COM

Police say Daniel Ehrlick and Melissa Jenkins killed Robert Manwill.

BOISE –- For the first time today we are learning what happened to 8-year old Robert Manwill, and the details coming out of the courtroom this morning are very disturbing! 

Robert's mother and his mother's boyfriend were arrested last night and each charged with first-degree murder.

Melissa Jenkins, 30, and Daniel Ehrlick, 36, had their first court appearance in Boise this morning, at which time graphic details surrounding Robert's death were read in court.

According to this grand jury indictment, this was not an isolated event that killed this little boy, but rather the tragic conclusion of prolonged abuse.

This morning, those who were caring for the little boy were ushered into the courtroom wearing their jail uniforms -- Robert's mother, Melissa Jenkins and then her boyfriend Daniel Ehrlick.

Hear the detailed indictment Because Melissa is illiterate, the judge gave a formal reading of the charges against her, which also outlines the charges against Ehrlick.

"Melissa Scott Jenkins, on or between June 2009 and the 24th day of July 2009, in the County of Ada, State of Idaho, did aid or abet another, Daniel Ehrlick, who did unlawfully and with malice aforethought kill and murder Robert G. Manwill," read 4th District Judge Deborah Bail. " And/or by inflicting upon Robert Manwill extreme or prolonged acts of brutality with the intent to cause suffering, to execute vengence or to satisfy some sadistic inclination, by inflicting repeated acts of blunt force trauma to the abdomen and/or head of Robert Manwill."

The indictment says Ehrlick did so by, essentially, beating the child -- causing internal bleeding, bruising and swelling of the brain.

In the mother's indictment it says she did not protect her child from such abuse, and goes further to say she hid evidence of his mistreatment from those who could have helped.

If convicted, both Jenkins and Ehrlick could face the death penalty.

"This could be a death penalty case. Does that mean more time will be needed? More time will be taken? How is this treated differently?" asked NewsChannel 7.

"Well, the difference, if the death penalty is sought is that  it requires death qualified counsel on the other side, obviously the determination in this case of whether to seek the death penalty is one we'll make as soon as possible," said Ada County Prosecutor Greg Bower.

The prosecution has 60 in which to make that decision.

The prosecutor said it was not yet clear if the pair would be tried together or separately.

The couple is scheduled to enter their pleas on September 1st.

Robert Manwill’s body was found in a Kuna canal on August 3. Police said the boy was a victim of homicide and vowed to find his killer.

The boy was reported missing to police on July 24. The community quickly responded, with posters featuring the boy’s face popping up all over town, and volunteers spending spare time searching for the child.

Boise Police Deputy Chief Jim Kerns asked for the public’s additional help offering any details of the activities of Jenkins or Ehrlick in the week leading up to July 24.

Kerns did not take questions at the news briefing, which did not give the media a chance to ask follow up questions that may better illustrate particulars of the case – including why they believe Ehrlick and Jenkins are responsible.

“Probably no other case in Boise history has touched so many people,” Kerns said.

The case started to rapidly change on July 30. That night, police began searching the Jenkins' Boise Bench apartment, removing materials from the home, including cabinets, computers and more. Police also towed a vehicle from the complex.

Ehrlick and Jenkins appeared behind Kerns at each news conference until the day after Jenkins’ home was searched. Ehrlick has not been seen in public since. Jenkins was at the boy’s funeral and at a news event the day her son’s body was identified.

Jenkins has a past criminal history that involves hurting children.

On October 19, 2008, police said a baby boy had been injured. Jenkins was arrested and charged with felony injury to a child. The child suffered serious head injuries and was taken to a local hospital for treatment. The child was taken into the custody of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.

Court documents say Jenkins hit her 9-month-old son's head on a surface. The infant suffered a fractured skull that caused not only physical pain, but mental suffering as well.

Since the boy’s disappearance and before his arrest, Ehrlick had been in and out of the hospital for unspecified treatments, according to family.

Kerns said the investigation into Manwill’s death continues – and says if anyone has information that may help them, to call Boise Police Dispatch at 377-6790.

Boise Mayor Dave Bieter issued a statement reacting to the charges Tuesday night.

"While the presumption of innocence must be maintained, I hope and have faith that justice will be served in this case and that our citizens who have shown incredible compassion in the face of tragedy, can begin to mend from the loss of Robert Manwill," Bieter said.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug1809-manwill.f33b6dd1.html

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1531 on: August 19, 2009, 03:40:30 PM »

Now how will the defense use the fact that Melissa is illiterate to her advantage?    If this abuse has been going on since June, someone must have seen something wrong with Robert. How about the boyfriend's father? I hope the judge that virtually let this evil woman go with a slap on the wrist for what she did to her baby, is really tormented by this, really tormented.
MonkeyinSC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1532 on: August 19, 2009, 03:51:43 PM »

<N2WISHN, thanks for the welcome ! >

IIRC, it was a court-ordered visitation, the dad "had to" comply
LynneinMd.
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1533 on: August 19, 2009, 04:10:35 PM »

They didn't enter a plea?  Let me do it for them, GUILTY!  Poor Robert, makes me sick to my stomach to think of what that child endured.  She niffled at court?  A little late for that, she will openly cry when they put the needle in.  What a mother.....
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #1534 on: August 19, 2009, 06:05:17 PM »

Why do monsters like these two get to have children? 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1535 on: August 19, 2009, 08:27:37 PM »

These 2 people are MONSTERS!!  I can't think of a punishment that is horrible enough  and still legal to do to either of these animals. 

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1536 on: August 19, 2009, 08:41:51 PM »

Leroy I know you asked earlier how long it would take to die from internal bleeding. 

It just depends what organ in the body is bleeding out. From what I can gather, the aorta ruptures, you are gone in a minute or two. I think if your spleen ruptures without intervention it takes much longer.

I am not a doctor nor do I play one on tv, but I wish we knew if Robert died from internal bleeding.

From the way I read what the grand jury said about beatings in the abdominal area, internal bleeding from the spleen and/or ruptured intestines. If ruptured intestines, he could have been alive for a few days before he passed on from the infection.

Sorry Monkeys to be so graphic and like I said I am not a doctor/nurse. Just throwing these things out here because if he died because his intestines were ruptured, it would be a slow and agonizing death and that could be why the mom has such a high bond placed on her.

Please if anyone is a medical professional, tell me I am wrong. I just had this horrible feeling today that poor Robert was sick and hurt and his mom did nothing to get him help.

Also, sorry this is so jumbled, I am just so upset about Robert tonight.  TIA JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1537 on: August 19, 2009, 08:56:35 PM »

Little Man, I am going to light a candle for you and pray for the hatred I feel for your sorry azz mom.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1538 on: August 19, 2009, 09:17:29 PM »

These 2 people are MONSTERS!!  I can't think of a punishment that is horrible enough  and still legal to do to either of these animals. 

I agree Sunny.....I agree. 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1539 on: August 19, 2009, 09:25:45 PM »

I agree Sunny.....I agree. 

What the boyfreind did to Robert even once was bad enough, but it seems he did it a number of times  over time.   A slow and painful death.     And it just hurts me to know his OWN mother could have prevented it but she didn't.  She could have stopped it, but she didn't.  She could have gotten little Robert medical help but she didn't.       

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.