April 22, 2024, 11:08:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UID Female, 5-8 yrs.old charred remains 3/18/05 Upper Freehold Twp. NJ (ID'd)  (Read 9902 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: July 28, 2009, 12:16:36 PM »

I thought I had this case here at SM. I can't find it...so here goes...
I am putting this here for now. Yes, it was a crime against a child, but it is also unsolved. We can move it later if others think it should go in Crimes Against Children.

Posted on Tue, Jul. 28, 2009

‘Most Wanted’ backs new push to ID dead girl
By Peter Mucha

Inquirer Staff Writer

America's Most Wanted is filming in New Jersey today, as part of stepped-up efforts to identify a girl whose charred skeletal remains were found in a wooded area of Monmouth County in 2005.
In Trenton, state and local police will distribute fliers with pictures of what the girl may have looked like.

This week, the images also began being displayed on a half-dozen electronic billboards in North Jersey.

The Fox crime-solving show provided the graphics and plans to get footage of at least one of the billboards today, according to Det. Stephen Urbanski of the state police.

An update on the case, dubbed "Baby Bones," is expected to air at the end of August, producer Peter Gillespie said. The show airs Saturdays at 9 p.m.

Hopes rose in March when host John Walsh came to Philadelphia to unveil a new likeness - a bust created by forensic sculptor Frank Bender.

Walsh explained that the girl was probably 5 to 8 years old, perhaps African American, Hispanic or racially mixed.

The body, seemingly malnourished and with a broken rib, was "thrown away like a pile of garbage," then set afire, Walsh said.

The child probably disappeared in 2004 or earlier, and she probably lived in an urban area with fluoridation, judging from the condition of her teeth.

Because checking records of missing children proved fruitless, perhaps her disappearance was never reported, suggesting a parent or other caregiver was responsible, Walsh said.

Investigators wonder if the girl's demise could be connected to a visit to the nearby Great Adventure amusement park.

The broadcast and accompanying publicity, however, weren't enough to crack the case, Urbanski said.

Some leads are still being pursued - including seeing if Interpol can match the DNA to a child missing from another country - but a breakthrough likely depends on getting new clues from the public, he said.

Authorities plan to distribute fliers in other cities in coming weeks, including Philadelphia, Camden, Neptune, Asbury Park, Newark and New York.

Another electronic billboard could be added soon in Bordentown. Paterson, Newark and Plainfield are among the North Jersey towns with the current billboards.

"We're really pushing this hard, because someone is going to recognize her," Urbanski said.

If you think you recognize this girl, call the America's Most Wanted hotline at 1-800-274-6388 (1-800-CRIMETV), or the tipline of the N.J. State Police, 1-866-657-7411.

For more on this case and other unsolved crimes and disappearances, visit the show's website, www.amw.com.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20090728_Most_Wanted_backs_new_push_to_ID_dead_girl.html
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 11:15:04 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 12:38:17 PM »

Here is The Doe Network page on Baby Bones
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/479ufnj.html
The Doe Network:
Case File 479UFNJ
Unidentified Black Female

The victim was discovered on March 18, 2005 in Upper Freehold Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey
Estimated Date of Death: Between 2001 & 2004
Partial Skeletal remains
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 5 - 9 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 3'0"-4'2" (50"est); 25 - 75 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown. Possibly Black
Clothing: Skeletal remains were found with a child's black Nike Air Force One shoe and a piece of canvas material, possibly from a handbag or book bag, that carried a print of cartoon character Sylvester the Cat.
Fingerprints: Not Available hands & limbs not recovered
Dentals: Available she probably lived within a community that offered fluorinated water and she also had no sign of fillings or other dental work.
DNA: Available in CODIS, analysis has determined the victim is likely a black female.
Case History
The victim was located in a rural Upper Freehold woods. The child's skull and bones were found off Route 526 in Clayton Park.
There was no evidence of trauma on the skeletal remains.
A sneaker and teeth appear to have burns and may have been set afire to conceal evidence. She was probably from an urban area.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
The New Jersey State Police
800-709-7090
OR
Monmouth County ME Office
Jay Peacock
732-577-8790
Email
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case #:

NCMEC #:
NCMUU10198

NCIC Number:
U-040006361
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
New Jersey State Police
Examiner
NCMEC
New Jersey com
UDRS
Photos of sneaker/bookbag and other composites at link. I can't get them in here, sorry.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 12:39:42 PM »

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Imlaystown%20NJ&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl
General area where she was found

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 12:43:43 PM »

AMW FUGITIVE DATA FILE FOR   
Unknown Baby Bones Killer 
Last Seen Monmouth County, NJ
County Road 526 in Upper Freehold between Red Valley and Rue's Road.

Cops Determined To Learn The Identity Of Baby Bones

Cops say that on March 18, 2005, a man hunting in Upper Freehold Township, N.J. discovered a small human skull in the wooded undergrowth.

New Jersey State Trooper Crime Scene Investigators descended on the spot and cordoned off the area. Determined to learn more, cops gathered hundreds of pieces of evidence.

Among the brush, debris, and undergrowth, investigators say they recovered a lower jawbone, bone fragments and teeth. Subsequent searches of the site produced the remaining skeletal structure. Forensic anthropologist Donna Fontana was able to confirm that the bones were those of a human being.

Cops also recovered a zipper and what looked like a hand bag or book bag.

But one crucial piece of evidence stopped an investigator in his tracks.

Noting a charred item on the ground, he leaned down and picked it up. As he turned it over in his hands he realized what he was looking at was a very small shoe -- a child's sneaker.

Investigators were determined to identify their small victim, whom they could not identify and dubbed "Baby Bones."

Analysis Of A Crime Scene
Officials describe the surroundings as rural and agricultural, with open fields and large, fenced-in horse farms. Cops say the location is about three miles from a Six Flags Great Adventure Theme Park, located just off Interstate I-195.

Police theorize that someone may have been traveling along the interstate, looking for a desolate spot in which to discard the child's body.

Cops say that person left the body about 50 feet into the densely-wooded area.

But several indicators lead police to believe the person responsible was not very familiar with the area.

Investigators say if the suspect had gone a mere 50 feet further into the woods, he or she would have seen a swampy, marshy area -- a far better place to dump a body, because it would have been immersed in water, destroying any remaining evidence.

Instead, cops say the body was set on fire. Remnants found at the scene show that the child's teeth were singed as well as bushes directly above the area where the child was discovered.

Police say the way the bushes were burned, indicating that the fire had been intense and burned high and could have been aided by an accelerant.

Cops believe only a stranger to the area would do that -- certainly not a local, who would have merely dumped the body in the swamp, or taken a shovel and buried the child.

Cops emphasize the area was agricultural, with many farms, and anyone who had lived in the area would have had access to a shovel. That may not be the case for someone caught suddenly in a situation where they needed to act fast.

It didn't take long for cops to realize they were up against some formidable obstacles when it came to making a positive identification on the charred bones.

The location is well-traveled and close to Trenton, N.J.; Philadelphia, Pa.; and New York.

And the suspect also had time on his side. The body was found in 2005, but based on police estimates, the child's remains could have been at the site for a year or more.

To make matters worse, vital DNA evidence was lost because the suspect torched the child's body.

Mitochondrial DNA taken from a femur and rib bone and submitted to the University of Texas DNA Laboratory confirmed the child was a girl. Forensic Anthropologist Donna Fontana says the girl's skull has some African/American features but race cannot be determined.

Police believe the child died between 2001 and 2004, and may have been between 5 and 9 years old.

According to the medical examiner, there was a broken rib which was in an active state of repair. There was no indication of malnourishment -- there was no dental decay. In fact, a forensic dentist charted and x-rayed the teeth which showed no signs of fillings and no evidence any dental work.

But dental evidence did reveal the child probably lived within a community that offered fluoridated water, which indicated the child came from an urban rather than a rural area.

Examining The Evidence
Authorities discovered that the tiny shoe they'd recovered was in fact a black, Nike Air Force One sneaker. FBI agents contacted Nike, and the company confirmed the sneaker had been manufactured in November 2000 and distributed and sold in early 2001 worldwide to large chain stores.

Along with the charred footwear, cops found some burned canvas with a picture of Sylvester the Cat, a Warner Brothers cartoon character, on it. Police were unable to learn much about what they believe was a handbag or book bag, except that it was probably a knock-off made overseas.

Cops weren't able to say what significance the zipper they located at the crime scene had to the case and could never determine where the zipper came from or to what it belonged -- whether it be a bag or piece of clothing.

Lastly, investigators located some material at the crime scene -- what looked like a thin sheet of some kind. Police believe the child may have been wrapped in it but say it could have also been in the woods previously.

Leads Run Dry In Investigation

In an effort to identify the child, detectives have contacted area schools to track down any children who have disappeared from the area, but all the children were accounted for.

Police contacted the Division of Youth and Family Services regarding complaints in Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean counties -- all with negative results.

Police pulled all the reports involving fire, suspicious vehicles/people, motorists, hunter complaints in Monmouth, Ocean and Mercer counties dating back to 2003 -- but nothing stood out.

Investigators publicized the case and set up a tip line. Police received many leads, but none that helped identify Baby Bones.

Now cops are reaching out to the public again for help in identifying the child.

They want people to think back three to seven years ago and ask themselves if they know of any child in their immediate area that seemed to just vanish over night; to question families about the whereabouts of children supposedly shipped off to other states or who are "visiting" relatives, but have yet to show up back to school or their communities.

Officials are asking teachers, friends and grandparents to get active and start asking questions.

Detectives have done everything in their power to identify the child, but investigators say this is a case than can only be solved by the public.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=62113

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 12:45:19 PM »

Cops say a charred Nike shoe recovered at the scene was manufactured in 2000 and distributed and sold in early 2001. Police believe this information may help in the identification of the unidentified Baby Bones child.

Police offered an alternate drawing of the unidentified girl who was found near Great Adventure Theme Park on March 18, 2005.

From the AMW link above

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 12:48:21 PM »

I watched the show in March. If you didn't see it, please watch the one filmed in NJ on this coming Saturday night. OOPS..... it will be aird at the end of August...not tonight.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 12:42:32 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 11:11:29 AM »

HAT TIP MUFFYBEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

http://www.chron.com/news/article/3-charged-in-NJ-as-Baby-Bones-victim-identified-3935743.php
3 charged in NJ as 'Baby Bones' victim identified
October 10, 2012

FREEHOLD, N.J. (AP) — Police in New Jersey have identified a child whose skeletal remains were found in 2005 as a New York City girl who was the victim of years of abuse. They also charged three people, including her aunt and uncle, with covering up her death.

A tip received within the last two months enabled authorities to identify the victim in what came to be known as the "Baby Bones" case as 9-year-old Jon-Niece Jones, of Harlem, Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said Wednesday.
More...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 11:12:59 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/jon-niece-jones-body-found-baby-bones_n_1957342.html

Jon-Niece Jones' Body Found: 3 Charged As 'Baby Bones' Victim Identified As Child In New Jersey

By KATIE ZEZIMA 10/10/12 05:58 PM ET EDT
FREEHOLD, N.J. -- New Jersey police have identified a child whose skeletal remains were found in 2005 and charged three people, including her aunt and uncle, with covering up her death.

Authorities said the body was that of 9-year-old Jon-Niece Jones, who was abused and died at her aunt's New York City home in August 2002.

Investigators allege the girl's mother and uncle, and her aunt's boyfriend, then drove the body to New Jersey, set it on fire and left it in an Upper Freehold park.

"The family members of Jon-Niece Jones turned a blind eye to the constant physical and mental abuse this girl endured for years," said Col. Rick Fuentes, superintendent of the New Jersey State Police, which investigated the case with the county prosecutor's office. "Because of the hard work by investigators, these three suspects will now have to answer for their alleged unthinkable actions."

Jon-Niece's aunt, Likisha Jones, 39, of Manhattan; her uncle James Jones, 35, of Brooklyn; and Godfrey Gibson, who is now married to Likisha, were arrested Tuesday on charges of hindering apprehension, tampering with evidence and obstruction of justice. Gibson is charged with an additional hindering count. Prosecutors said he threatened a witness in the case.

Assistant Prosecutor Marc LeMieux said Jon-Niece died "following years of abuse and neglect by her mother," Elisha Jones. She died in 2002.
snipped  MUCH MORE at link

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 11:15:35 AM »

Fry them all

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 02:59:02 PM »

Fry them all

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 06:31:00 PM »

Fry them slowly...with low heat.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 08:41:19 AM »

Fry them slowly...with low heat.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 06:36:12 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-baby-bones-identified-arrests-20121011,0,7038567.story
N.J.'s 'Baby Bones' mystery solved: Skeleton gets a name
October 11, 2012

She was known as "Baby Bones" for seven years, as investigators struggled to put a name to the little girl whose skeletal remains and Tweety Bird satchel were found in a wooded area of New Jersey. Now the girl's aunt, uncle and the aunt's former companion are under arrest, and Baby Bones has a name: Jon-Niece Jones, who was 9 when she died in New York City.

The mystery, which was featured on the TV show "America's Most Wanted" in 2009, reportedly began unraveling recently after police received tips about the case, including one that enabled them to compare DNA of the remains to a living relative and make a connection.

Assistant Monmouth County Prosecutor Marc C. LeMieux would not give details of the information that led to the case being cracked, but the New York Times said it was Jon-Niece's sister, Iyonna Jones, who came forward with the vital information.

The sister, who is now 21, reportedly told police that Jon-Niece had died in August 2002 in their Harlem home after being abused by their now-deceased mother, and that relatives had bundled the body into a car and driven off to find a place to hide it.

On Wednesday, New Jersey officials announced that Jon-Niece's aunt, Likisha Jones, 39, of Manhattan; her uncle, James Jones, 35, of Brooklyn; and Godfrey Gibson, 48, of Manhattan, who had been the aunt's boyfriend when Jon-Niece died, had been arrested on charges of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and tampering with evidence in connection with the dumping of the girl's body.

The three appeared in handcuffs in a Freehold, N.J., courtroom on Wednesday and were held on bail ranging from $40,000 to $75,000.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 05:45:49 AM »

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-baby-bones-identified-arrests-20121011,0,7038567.story
N.J.'s 'Baby Bones' mystery solved: Skeleton gets a name
October 11, 2012

She was known as "Baby Bones" for seven years, as investigators struggled to put a name to the little girl whose skeletal remains and Tweety Bird satchel were found in a wooded area of New Jersey. Now the girl's aunt, uncle and the aunt's former companion are under arrest, and Baby Bones has a name: Jon-Niece Jones, who was 9 when she died in New York City.

The mystery, which was featured on the TV show "America's Most Wanted" in 2009, reportedly began unraveling recently after police received tips about the case, including one that enabled them to compare DNA of the remains to a living relative and make a connection.

Assistant Monmouth County Prosecutor Marc C. LeMieux would not give details of the information that led to the case being cracked, but the New York Times said it was Jon-Niece's sister, Iyonna Jones, who came forward with the vital information.

The sister, who is now 21, reportedly told police that Jon-Niece had died in August 2002 in their Harlem home after being abused by their now-deceased mother, and that relatives had bundled the body into a car and driven off to find a place to hide it.

On Wednesday, New Jersey officials announced that Jon-Niece's aunt, Likisha Jones, 39, of Manhattan; her uncle, James Jones, 35, of Brooklyn; and Godfrey Gibson, 48, of Manhattan, who had been the aunt's boyfriend when Jon-Niece died, had been arrested on charges of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and tampering with evidence in connection with the dumping of the girl's body.

The three appeared in handcuffs in a Freehold, N.J., courtroom on Wednesday and were held on bail ranging from $40,000 to $75,000.
More...

God bless Jon-Niece's sister for coming forward.  I can't imagine what kind of life she has endured.   an angelic monkey

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.