April 27, 2024, 04:06:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #823 8/13/09 - 9/06/09  (Read 370628 times)
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1200 on: August 26, 2009, 06:02:40 PM »

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20090826/valero-says-aruba-refinery-shut-indefinitely.htm

Valero says Aruba refinery shut indefinitely

Posted 26 August 2009 @ 02:19 pm ET

Valero Energy Corp (VLO.N) said on Wednesday it would keep its 235,000 barrel-per-day (bpd) Aruba refinery shut indefinitely as economic conditions have not improved to the point where the plant can operate profitably.

Valero shut the refinery in July for what was planned to be a shutdown lasting between two and three months due to poor economics. (Reporting by Erwin Seba)

Thank you very much Klaas.  That is very intriguing news right about now.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1201 on: August 26, 2009, 06:04:30 PM »

Janet....what is the point? 

There is a point.  A point I will not share in an environment where Dave Holloway is viewed as an unwitting victim of a manipulating wife ... a victim without a will of his own .. a victim who can no longer take a stand for his precious daughter.  When I consider the Dave Holloway in those photos posted this morning ... the Dave Holloway prior to the Mark Purcell connection ... I give Natalee's father so much more credit.  However ... along with that credit comes personal responsibility for his choices.

I am now done on this topic on the forum.  My efforts have not been appreciated but ... up until now I kept Natalee Holloway as my focus.  However ... the backlash from other Monkeys is to difficult.

Janet

++++++

Corruption in Paradise - Dave Holloway

Page 13:  From my first day on the island, I realized that I could not rely on the police to find my daughter.  If they refused to search, we would organize and do it ourselves.

Page 14:  Incredibily, a publicity agent named Carla, from New York City firm that handles publicity for tourism in Aruba, tried to stop us from searching near the California Lighhouse, a tourist attraction, saying that it would be harmful to the island and bring too much negative media attention.  She said she had even discussed it with Beth and that she had agreed.  But I advised her that the search would go forward, no matter what kind of attention it brought.

Page 196:  I can no longer sit on the fence on this issue.  It has not been an easy decision for me to make.  But I need to know what happened to my daughter, and I do believe that a boycott may be the only way we will get anybody over there to talk to us or to turn in the people who are reponsible for her disappearance

I,for one,appreciate your efforts Janet!As far as backlash goes.DO NOT let any Monkey dictate what you believe to be the TRUTH,and or what you will or will not post.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1202 on: August 26, 2009, 06:12:59 PM »

Just an FYI - When I was in the Bahama's this summer, the Atlantis had a 97% occupancy.  Doesn't look like the economy it hurting everywhere.   

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1203 on: August 26, 2009, 06:13:25 PM »

KLAAS.YOU HAVE MAIL AT THE SCAREDMONKEY'S.Thank You!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1204 on: August 26, 2009, 06:22:35 PM »

Aw really?  No takers?  This one is a fun one.

And I don't remember - has Debbie been banned from here?  I expect her to scold me at any moment. 

Here's a fun one for all old timer BFNers to figure out.

Think of PV's from Aruba when you read this........and think of all the BFN translator's posts....

http://www.arubachamber.com/registry/registry_result.afp?KeyValue=24537

HINT - Their translator has a DIRECT connection to Aruba. 

Very interresting.  Wonder if she is a sister?  Yes, Debbie has been banned just like she banned me from BFN.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1205 on: August 26, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »

KLAAS.YOU HAVE MAIL AT THE SCAREDMONKEY'S.Thank You!

Thanx!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1206 on: August 26, 2009, 06:35:26 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_61564.php

Google translation:

Van der Eem arraigned tomorrow

August 26, 2009, 13:59 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

ORANGE CITY - Patrick van der Eem, who was arrested Monday evening, tomorrow will be brought before the judge. The Public Prosecutor (OM) it is stuck because he was a "very serious" threat has been made against a person. This person, whose name is unknown, it has reported. Van der Eem was then arrested and during the searching, he turned in possession of cocaine. The quantity was not so great according to the OM that "it can be assumed that he acts". The reason he stuck, is not the drug, said spokeswoman Angela Ann, but the threat. "When such serious threats, it is normal that the defendant during the examination is held." Van der Eem was also still have outstanding bills at various hotels on Aruba. Last night was his car for the Radisson hotel, where he stayed during his arrest, carried away (see photo).

Van der Eem gained worldwide fame after a confession with hidden cameras at main suspect Joran van der Sloot on the Natalee Holloway missing person was able to elicit

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1207 on: August 26, 2009, 06:40:46 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_61563.php

Google translation:

New scheduled Aruba - Orlando

August 26, 2009, 13:59 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

ORANGE CITY - Airline AirTran will start in December this year scheduled flight services to Orlando. This confirms spokesman for Aruba Airport Authority (AAA) Hendrik Croes. This is a long time back directly between Orlando and Aruba consequences. AirTran will start in December also offer flights to Atlanta. This flight is performed by Delta Airlines.

The website would Luchtvaartnieuws.nl applications for international expansion have not been approved by the U.S. Department of Transportation, but Croes says the plan is already approved. "It lasted five years, but all I know is around. Becoming weekly flights between the two destinations and Aruba ", said Croes. It is not known on which days to both Atlanta and Orlando will be flown.

AirTran low cost makes it the eighth U.S. carrier with scheduled flights to Aruba. Croes: "The more flights, the better it is for Aruba. Moreover, it is good for competition. "Reina Beatrix Airport continues to negotiate with other airlines, but how many companies will Croes is the non-disclosure. "If it is certain, we will announce it, but rather we can not lose."

According Luchtvaartnieuws.nl, the connection between Orlando and Aruba are new to the island. But that's not entirely true, Croes says: "In the past we had earlier flights. This is indeed a new connection between the two destinations. "

AirTran, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, is an airline that specializes in cheap flights for business. The headquarters is located in Orlando, Florida.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1208 on: August 26, 2009, 06:42:56 PM »

ARUBA
http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_61562.php

Google translation:

Valero remains closed

August 26, 2009, 13:58 (GMT -04:00)

SAN NICOLAS - The U.S. oil company Valero closed the refinery in San Nicolas indefinitely. All maintenance activities are suspended and almost all contract workers who have not been released last month, are still sent home. The permanent staff temporarily retains his job.

Valero says Aruba this morning in a press release. The message seems very unlikely that under the Valero refinery still open. In any case as long as the economy does not recover. The profit margins are too low according to the Texas oil company to restart the refinery. Although she writes in the message that they "consider options for the refinery alive", is in the sense that next sale is excluded. Valero will not lose whether a buyer is and remains vague about the future of the refinery in San Nicolas: "The decisions are determined by economic factors over time."

In mid July, the production was put stop because it paid off not to be run. Valero had then about four months and would still amount to a quarter million of the refinery maintenance investment. In late July the company announced ninety contract workers sending home. Today, only one months later, Valero is closing the doors until further notice. Prime Minister Nelson Oduber (MEP) showed last week know that one of the candidates, Petro China, has made a bid.

This month also announced that a massive fraud at the refinery has occurred. It is known that at least one manager was fired. Valero will lose nothing about the case except that there is indeed a survey. In sum is not officially known, is discussed in the media at least 5 million U.S. dollars by (Aruba) employees would be obscured.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1209 on: August 26, 2009, 06:49:59 PM »

http://www.bondia.com/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&book_id=2

hmmm...from less than a week ago:

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1210 on: August 26, 2009, 06:50:24 PM »

My local stations always shows commercials for Atlantis - Bahama's - I have never seen an ad for Aruba.

Orlando airport (MCO) also just started Jetblue flights to the Bahama's for $59.00 oneway.  Of course, by the time you are done with taxes etc roundtrip tickets are over $300.00.  The flight is only an hour too.

Looks like Aruba was a little late.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1211 on: August 26, 2009, 06:54:28 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_61561.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Yrausquin challenges Briesen on hanvecontracten

August 26, 2009, 13:57 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - AVP candidate Juan David Yrausquin challenges of Tourism and Transport Minister Edison Briesen from the Spanish investment groups Cruceros de Barcelona, Grupo Trusam and the Terminal Contenedores de Barcelona to declare that they have signed an undertaking to the new port in Barcadera .

"All the time I said that Atia of the procurement process for this project goes wrong and I still believe that." Yrausquin responding to the press conference on Monday Briesen. During the press conference accused the ex-Atia Briesen Chairperson want to sabotage the port project on the basis of "threatening letters" to the Board of Aruba Ports Authority (APA) as well as potential candidates for the port. The minister also hinted to direct family ties with Yrausquin shareholders of stevedoring company Astec that the arbitration case against APA had lost regarding the tendering of the container port.

During the press conference of his party said Yrausquin to turn over documents available to prove that the Aruban government has already decided in advance who operate the various components of the port will be tendered. It would now go to Barcelona for the Cruceros the cruise terminal, Grupo Trusam for the property and the Terminal Contenedores Barcelona on the container port. The first-time politician, the government acts the same way as during the procurement of the controversial dump project. "Ultimately the Minister appoints the committee will ultimately decide who gets hold of the project. A more political decision can not have. "

Yrausquin said to be surprised about how the government will invest 100 million florin in a project where investors do not stop for more than 10 million purchase of the old hotel Bushiri. In other words, the problem Bushiri that cost 10 million to solve funded with an investment of 100 million, says the press release of the young politician. "Of course you get the impression that more is behind this project which is so much to the press before the election to get around," said Yrausquin.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1212 on: August 26, 2009, 06:58:40 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_61559.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

New telecom coming

August 26, 2009, 13:56 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - The solid Telecommunications Commission has discussed the bill this week that after nearly a century of telecommunications is modernized.

The lawmaker says Aron Dino Croes government party MEP. At the meeting were officials from Department of Telecommunications Business (DTZ) and representatives of the privatized telecom Setar present. No less than fifteen years, the government worked on the bill before the first was made in the States. Once it is completed this week in the State Commission, the proposal now in the normal legislative process. The other members of the States can now submit questions in writing to the relevant ministers and then lost the final proposal by the parliament is sitting.

With the new law, said Croes, especially to prevent that new, foreign "adventurers" get in the market, get a license and then sell because they do not have enough money to invest. The loopholes in the old legislation is still possible according to the Staten. "There is a company that now has a license and in many ways by trying to sell." Croes also cites the example of Fabela and a current example of a company that operates through Jamaica. "These matters should be dealt Aruba because very often they do not get the part where it deserves."

Croes criticizes the fact that there are still companies may be established "without business, funding, expertise or structure. They can still simply register with the Chamber of Commerce and Department of Economic Affairs have a license to operate, said the MP.

What the new law means exactly, not Croes writes in his press release. But let him know that DTZ structural changes. There is a separate body which is involved in the monitoring and implementation of policies. When the supervisor will then only be dedicated to shaping policy. The audit will also involve looking at the financial structure, and policy expertise to telecommunications companies that want a license.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1213 on: August 26, 2009, 07:04:21 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_61560.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

De Meza (AVP) drag newspaper Solo for court

August 26, 2009, 13:56 (GMT -04:00)

MP Mike de Meza (AVP) between party supporters after treatment of the interim measures which he morning newspaper Solo di Pueblo accused of libel.

ORANGE CITY - MEP Mike Meza of the opposition party ASF and number three on the electoral list, is a case for libel against newspaper Solo di Pueblo morning started. The pro-government newspaper published an article on August 4 that a close relationship between the entrepreneur and Statenlid Ralph Sanchez of the Race Track controversial project was suggested.

The construction of the racetrack fell through, but wrong procurement policies, as was also noted by the General Court, the government lost millions of florins. These include the substantial damages which they had to pay to Sanchez in a business lawsuit when the project was off. According Solo would come through the testimony of De Meza which the state would have lost 22 million U.S. dollars. De Meza would, though the newspaper very carefully in her statements, "one million" have received for his testimony in favor of Sanchez.

The Meza stretched a lawsuit because the newspaper refused the article of August 4 completely correct. It was the newspaper that made Sanchez one ticket and stay in the United States had paid De Meza. Solo gave the edition of August 14 that she had made a mistake and a friend of the MP concerned. De Meza's lawyer there was no question of a correction in the article as new allegations were made against his client. Meza was the reason that his name and reputation by the newspaper were also affected, straining an interim proceedings. Here again it requires a correction.

The lawyer felt that the Solo Meza in the weekly press conference had enough space to make things clear to the public to understand. He also claimed that the rectification of August 14 by the newspaper would suffice. The other statements in this news article based on documents showing the Meza's involvement in the Race Track project shows, the lawyer said. The newspaper would also not withdraw those statements. The lawyer said that based on the European Convention on Human Rights of the politicians need to accept criticism and gave examples of statements in which the right of the press to freedom of expression is defended.

The court will rule on September 16.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1214 on: August 26, 2009, 07:10:23 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_61556.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Chinese duo 7 years illegally

August 26, 2009, 13:52 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - Police assistance was requested by the office of immigration Dimas, where two men of Chinese descent would exhibit suspicious behavior. Wilhelminastraat after they had crossed the agents found two Chinese LC (31) and D.T. (35) on. Both spoke and could not speak Papiamento no documents stating that they reside legally on the island. But they had their passports with them. it was that 2002 had arrived on Aruba. Both men were immediately arrested and transferred to Costa Guarda nos.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1215 on: August 26, 2009, 07:12:53 PM »

Janet, I for one have absolutey no problem with you having the opinion that you do. But for you to come on here and say you refuse to post in an "environment" that doesn't support YOUR point of view is ridiculous. Why Dave is doing things that we question is HIS business. I trust that he knows a hell of a lot more than any of us do. I will always give him the benefit of the doubt until I hear it from his own mouth the reasons he does what he does. 

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1216 on: August 26, 2009, 07:34:46 PM »

There is a point.  A point I will not share in an environment where Dave Holloway is viewed as an unwitting victim of a manipulating wife ... a victim without a will of his own .. a victim who can no longer take a stand for his precious daughter.

Janet, I believe the bolded are your interpretions and not what was said by anyone on this forum except you.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1217 on: August 26, 2009, 07:39:49 PM »

To have implied what has been implied with no proof of it, is just wrong. 

And to expect anyone to change their view based on what I've seen was an unrealistic expectation.

JMO

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1218 on: August 26, 2009, 07:40:33 PM »

Janet....what is the point? 

There is a point.  A point I will not share in an environment where Dave Holloway is viewed as an unwitting victim of a manipulating wife ... a victim without a will of his own .. a victim who can no longer take a stand for his precious daughter.  When I consider the Dave Holloway in those photos posted this morning ... the Dave Holloway prior to the Mark Purcell connection ... I give Natalee's father so much more credit.  However ... along with that credit comes personal responsibility for his choices.

I am now done on this topic on the forum.  My efforts have not been appreciated but ... up until now I kept Natalee Holloway as my focus.  However ... the backlash from other Monkeys is to difficult.

Janet

++++++

Corruption in Paradise - Dave Holloway

Page 13:  From my first day on the island, I realized that I could not rely on the police to find my daughter.  If they refused to search, we would organize and do it ourselves.

Page 14:  Incredibily, a publicity agent named Carla, from New York City firm that handles publicity for tourism in Aruba, tried to stop us from searching near the California Lighhouse, a tourist attraction, saying that it would be harmful to the island and bring too much negative media attention.  She said she had even discussed it with Beth and that she had agreed.  But I advised her that the search would go forward, no matter what kind of attention it brought.

Page 196:  I can no longer sit on the fence on this issue.  It has not been an easy decision for me to make.  But I need to know what happened to my daughter, and I do believe that a boycott may be the only way we will get anybody over there to talk to us or to turn in the people who are reponsible for her disappearance

I,for one,appreciate your efforts Janet!As far as backlash goes.DO NOT let any Monkey dictate what you believe to be the TRUTH,and or what you will or will not post.

Keepthefaith ... I apologize.  I should have stated "for the most part " my efforts on this topic have not been appreciated.

My DIL just put it all into perceptive for me from her point of view and ... I am inclined to agree.  However ... I am still thinking on it.

It is something akin to the prodical Monkeys with their unwavering support of John Silvetti, Kyle Kingman, Dave Holloway and Tim Miller.  They give all of these guys a pass without acknowledgeing the implication of Kyle Kingman's own words ... without acknowledgeng the implication of Mark Purcell's despicable posts.

On this forum ... John Silvetti and Kyle Kingman are held accountable for their choices but ... for the most part ... when it comes to holding Dave Holloway and Tim Miller accountable for their choices ... Mark Purcell's own words and ... Kyle Kingman's own words as well as John Silvetti's own words are disregarded.  Many SM Monkeys are one with the prodical Monkeys in regards to giving Tim Miller and Dave Holloway the benefit of the doubt/justifying their actions.

Good Night Monkesy.

Janet
4:35 PM

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1219 on: August 26, 2009, 07:42:29 PM »

Janet, I for one have absolutey no problem with you having the opinion that you do. But for you to come on here and say you refuse to post in an "environment" that doesn't support YOUR point of view is ridiculous. Why Dave is doing things that we question is HIS business. I trust that he knows a hell of a lot more than any of us do. I will always give him the benefit of the doubt until I hear it from his own mouth the reasons he does what he does. 

Wreck ... please read my post carefully.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.