April 28, 2024, 02:20:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #823 8/13/09 - 9/06/09  (Read 370694 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1640 on: August 31, 2009, 12:28:32 AM »

I'm calling it a night!  I hope everyone has a great week!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1641 on: August 31, 2009, 12:29:02 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1642 on: August 31, 2009, 12:30:54 AM »

I'm calling it a night!  I hope everyone has a great week!

GoodNight Tm. an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
cajun miracle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1643 on: August 31, 2009, 12:31:12 AM »

Nite all!!!!!!!!!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1644 on: August 31, 2009, 12:35:07 AM »

Nite all!!!!!!!!!

Goodnight Cajun Miracle! an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1645 on: August 31, 2009, 08:30:47 AM »

The judge was too busy yesterday to hear Patrick's case, so the OM gave him 8 more days (? ? ? ?)

The judge heard the case today and decided there was not enough evidence to hold Patrick any longer.
The OM had already stated that the amount of cocaine found was not enough to charge him.

The judge levied a fine and let him go.  Patrick did have a lawyer.  I don't know who.

Esther (I think) Schwengle.

Partner of Chris LeJuez. 

Chris LeJuez is who started out representing both security guards..............and I believe is a brother to Helen LeJuez.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1646 on: August 31, 2009, 08:35:45 AM »

I'm just cathing up so this may have already been addressed.

I'm curious if this man is a US citizen?

The reason I'm asking................

The pond witness hoaxter was brought to TEXAS to take his polygraph last August.

Remember Jossy telling us his name?  I think we've deduced that phoenetically it was "Heerman" or "Heelman"

Which of course we have thought to possibly be "Geerman" with a soft G.

Could also have been "Helman"

It doesn't say how long he was in Aruba.

Printer Friendly Version Of:
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/news_releases/08242009_3.xml
Printed:
Fri Aug 28 18:11:38 EDT 2009

CBP Intercepts Subject of Outstanding Warrant Wanted for Aggravated Sexual Assault on Child
08/24/2009

Miami - U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers at Miami International airport intercepted a subject wanted in Houston, Texas for aggravated sexual assault on a child less than 14 years of age. The subject was returning to the United States on a flight from Aruba.
Officers at our ports of entry are actively engaged in ensuring that everyone who enters the United States is thoroughly checked in order to determine if they are a fugitive from justice or wanted by a particular agency for an alleged violation. CBP officers use their expert knowledge and the numerous systems at their disposal to verify the warrant and positively identify the subject. If someone is determined to be a match the originating agency is contacted and arrangements are made to turn the subject over, usually with the assistance of local law enforcement partners.

Once it was determined that the subject Victor Helmen was a match to the warrant he was turned over to the Miami Dade Police Department for extradition to Texas. “On a daily basis U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers at our ports intercept criminals who have eluded capture or those who have neglected to respond to charges that have been brought against them. We stand ever vigilant and work with our law enforcement partners to bring them to justice,” said Harold Woodward director of Field Operations in Miami.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the management, control and protection of our nation's borders at and between the official ports of entry. CBP is charged with keeping terrorists and terrorist weapons out of the country while enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws.

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1647 on: August 31, 2009, 08:42:49 AM »

Do we know what Serge Mansur is running for, or are they like England and I guess the Netherlands, and just fill a party seat? Is Serge the Mansur that went to the military acadamy with Jug?

http://www.sergemansur.com/

Natalee Holloway: Some Case Trivia
Individuals following the Natalee Holloway case should not read anything sinister into this. It's just a bit of trivia involving the strange coincidence of how some alums of a now-closed Lebanon, Tenn. Military Academy have come together in one of the nation's more riveting disappearance stories - that of recent and still missing Alabama graduate, Natalee Holloway.

Graduates of the school, several years apart, include, among others:

Serge Mansur
Aruba
Description: Graduated Univ. of Miami Married since 1992 - no kids yet General Manager of Cigarette Factory.

Luis M. Mansur
Oranjestad, ARUBA
Description: Living in Aruba. Maried for 14 years. 4 kids, oldest is a boy 12 and triplets 3years old, one boy two girls. I am currently working as the astnt. director at the islands largest newspaper (DIARIO),also own a construction company.

and

JUG TWITTY
MTN. BROOK AL
Description: GENERAL MGR. OF PHOENIX METALS BIRMINGHAM

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/just_some_case_.html
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1648 on: August 31, 2009, 09:40:37 AM »

8/29/2009 Awe Mainta Page 2

http://awemainta.com/home/

Papiamentu translation:

after cu ministerio publico owing to prolonga his detencion yesterday tardi in form sorprendente, owing to let patrick van der eem in freedom

diahuebs ultimo, still ministerio publico, sosteni for huez comisario, owing to prolonga detencion of patrick van der eem, y this owing to last one day only, because yesterday tardi, ministerio publico owing to lagu’e in freedom. his reciente detencion at aruba, assure owing to achieve atencion not only at aruba, but also at merca y the netherlands, p’e mature of owing to know of haci one interview cu joran van der sloot, relaciona cu desaparicion of the student mericano natalee holloway.

now they owing to detene at aruba for menasa, y also p’e mature cu owing to hay’e cu cocaina in his bedroom of hotel.

his advocate owing to deny the insinuacion cu past owing to stay in several hotel y owing to let esakinan without pay.di acuerdo cu informacion recibi, yesterday ministerio publico owing to arrive at one acuerdo cu his advocate, where the sospechoso will pay one boet y will being let in freedom. yesterday tardi, past owing to stay in freedom 5 or of nightfall. pagando the boet, the caso here is close also for husticia.

I'm kinda lost with all of this.

Did the OM decide NOT to file official charges, and they let him out, because he agreed to pay a fine instead?

Isn't that just the type of "deal" or "plea deal" that Arlene screeched at us on the TV was not possible in Aruban/Dutch/Aruban Law?

That the only thing of that type they had in place was something called "Crown Witness" - and that was only utilized in Conspiracy cases?
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1649 on: August 31, 2009, 09:58:08 AM »

I remember reading this article when it came out. Had to go find it. Should we send it to Oduber?

http://www.aruba.com/news/business/valero-has-invested-almost-360-million-in-aruba-refinery/

nvested Almost $360 Million In Aruba Refinery
 Business     May 17th, 2006
No comments (RSS 2.0)
Result is a safer, more environmentally friendly, reliable and competitive operation

Since acquiring the Aruba refinery in March 2004, Valero Energy Corporation has invested nearly $360 million (640.8 million Afl.) to improve the safety, reliability, environmental performance and profitability of the plant. Most recently, the refinery commissioned a new 450-ton-per-day Sulfur Recovery Unit that has reduced SO2 emissions by nearly 90 percent, and revamped and restarted an idled Visbreaker Unit that has improved the refinery’s upgrading capacity and enabled it to process more refined products.

“We are very excited about the tremendous improvements that we’ve made to the refinery in just two years,” said Ray Buckley, vice president and general manager of the Valero Aruba Refinery.

“We have invested a significant amount of time and money to make the refinery safer and more environmentally friendly, reliable and competitive. What’s more, we have established a skills training program for local workers, offered scholarships for students, formed a Volunteer Council, created the Aruba Way campaign, and donated a significant amount of money to charities in the community.”

Investing to Improve the Refinery’s Operations

When Valero acquired the Aruba refinery, the company made much-needed reliability improvements to the two existing Sulfur Recovery Units, which resulted in a 40 percent reduction of the refinery’s SO2 emissions. To further improve environmental performance, the company recently invested $15.7 million (27.9 million Afl.) to construct

the new Sulfur Recovery Unit, reducing the SO2 emissions by a total of 90 percent. These units recover sulfur from the various refining processes – rather than allowing it to be released into the atmosphere.

Also to make the refinery more environmentally friendly, Valero improved storage tank maintenance, wastewater handling and coke handling; removed idle equipment; conducted soil remediation; and removed asbestos. The company is also evaluating plans to enclose the coke handling facility, which will eliminate the coke dust, and install coke-fired boilers, which will eliminate the smoke caused by burning pitch.

The Visbreaker Unit, which was shut down well before Valero acquired the refinery, was in need of revamping because of operational and safety issues. Valero was able to solve these issues by re-engineering the Visbreaker, making it more reliable and safe. This newly redesigned Visbreaker, which cost $55 million (97.9 million Afl.), allows the refinery to process an additional 30,000 barrels per day (BPD) of refined products.

Also this year, Valero is spending $45 million (80.1 million Afl.) to expand two Coker Units and another $50 million (89 million Afl.) to increase the refinery’s throughput capacity. New state-of-the-art coke drum de-heading devices, which are valves to control the opening and closing of the coke drums, are improving the safety and efficiency of these units. One of the cokers was retrofitted earlier this year and the other is scheduled to be upgraded this summer.

Improving Safety & Reliability

Since acquiring the refinery, Valero has significantly enhanced the plant’s reliability, which has in turn improved the plant’s safety and production levels. The refinery’s utilization rate was 74 percent at the end of 2005, nearly 20 percentage points higher than the 55 percent rate before the acquisition. Similarly, mechanical availability was 92 percent last year, versus 78 percent pre-acquisition.

In terms of safety, Valero has implemented best practices from the company’s other refineries, instituted new programs and policies, created a 24-hour emergency fire brigade, upgraded equipment and much more. The employee Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR), which is the industrywide measure of safety performance, was 1.1 last year – 280 percent better than 2003 (pre-acquisition) when it was 3.1.

Providing Skills Training to Local Workers

To develop the skills of local workers, Valero invested $1.1 million (1.95 million Afl.) to develop a two-year technical entry program, called “Let’s Grow Together” or “Ban Crece Hunto.” This program provides training and experience to prepare workers for a career in the refining industry. Valero gave approximately 100 Arubans the opportunity to work in the refinery and gain on-the-job experience during the recent turnaround (maintenance activity), and now those individuals are in a training program to learn one of five technical trades.

Also to provide opportunities for young people, Valero formed a scholarship program to provide 10 scholarships a year valued at $10,000 (17,800 Afl.) each to deserving students who wish to continue their education after high school. Not only are the children of Valero employees considered for these scholarships, but now all qualifying students on the island can apply for this educational assistance.

“These programs provide a tremendous benefit to the island,” Buckley said. “We are giving many Arubans the opportunity to further their education, secure good jobs and forge a brighter future. What’s more, we are improving the education level of the overall workforce in Aruba and we believe that is important to the economic development of the island.”

Donating Time & Money to the Community

To improve the community, Valero donated land for the development of a much-needed bus station in San Nicolas, and committed to invest $1 million (1.78 million Afl.) in improvements to the site.

Corporate contributions of approximately $500,000 (890,000 Afl.) are also made to worthy non-profit groups throughout the community each year. Most recently, Valero purchased a much-needed boat for the maritime police to help protect the coastline, and funded state-of-the-art radiology equipment for Centro Medico.

In 2005, the company and its employees contributed $337,401 (600,573 Afl.) to charity through the Aruba Way campaign, a unique fundraising effort that the company modeled after the United Way campaigns in the U.S. An additional $175,000 (311,500 Afl.) was donated to children’s charities through proceeds raised during the Valero Texas Open Benefit for Children Golf Classic.

In addition to all of these contributions, the Valero Volunteers worked more than 3,500 community service hours last year. The Valero Volunteer Council helped with various projects, such as helping with the restoration of the historic Alto Vista Chapel and renovating Centro di Barrio Lago Heights.

“Valero has invested heavily in our employees, refinery and community since acquiring the plant. Not only has this commitment made us a better refinery, it has made Aruba a better place to live, work and visit,” Buckley said.

SuzyQ!!

That would be a good one to send to him.

Couple that with his media statements from 2005 about "No one is above the law", and his accusations that Minister of Justice Rudy Croes is "corrupt" and maybe he will get the message that not only is the Aruban public watching, but so is the world public.  That we pay attention to all of his garbage - and his credibility is zilch. 
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1650 on: August 31, 2009, 10:23:15 AM »

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1651 on: August 31, 2009, 10:37:03 AM »

They are all in their rooms making $300 on babies.    Monkey Devil!   

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1652 on: August 31, 2009, 10:57:08 AM »

$300 credit that imo is worthless.   At other resorts, they sometimes have the same gimmick.  Credit for returning guests to be used against your next visit, or credit for the spa, which is normally very high priced, or credit in their stores, where you have to spend the full amount....I call it BS.     

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1653 on: August 31, 2009, 11:36:36 AM »

OT....only because it's been mentioned here during code talker sessions.

Disney to buy comic book powerhouse Marvel for $4B

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090831/ap_on_bi_ge/us_disney_marvel_entertainment

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1654 on: August 31, 2009, 12:20:08 PM »

I can see it now!

SHANGO:  The Movie

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1655 on: August 31, 2009, 01:24:18 PM »

OMG ANNA........LMfaoooooooooo 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1656 on: August 31, 2009, 01:37:34 PM »

Where is the stool? OMG someone took the stool. LOL

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1657 on: August 31, 2009, 02:27:43 PM »

$300 credit that imo is worthless.   At other resorts, they sometimes have the same gimmick.  Credit for returning guests to be used against your next visit, or credit for the spa, which is normally very high priced, or credit in their stores, where you have to spend the full amount....I call it BS.     

I agree!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1658 on: August 31, 2009, 02:28:18 PM »

I can see it now!

SHANGO:  The Movie

Monkey Devil!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1659 on: August 31, 2009, 02:29:59 PM »

Where is the stool? OMG someone took the stool. LOL

Maybe a choller needed something to sit their newly acquired TV on?    Monkey Devil!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.