March 19, 2024, 12:50:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 479667 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1000 on: September 17, 2009, 10:45:05 PM »

So many things going thru my mind re the witnesses and why they haven't been identified.  There are many scenarios, I could come up with, yet that would just be adding more guesses to the mix, and no real way of finding out. 

Am trying to think of why LE would not reveal the identity of these witnesses. 

For their own protection?  And if so, from what/whom?   

Are these witnesses perhaps 'pillars of the community' ... 'dregs of society' ... or 'average citizens'? 

Are they believeable?  Am guessing so, since it's been reported that the sightings have been 'confirmed' by LE. 

As other monkeys have wondered, if perhaps the witnesses saw more than what LE has said publically.  As in they may have seen the perp/s or an event that led to Lindsey going missing.  And if so, is there a fear for retaliation from the perp/s?  Is LE quietly watching in order to get more info, or give the perp/s enough rope to hang themself?  And yet.. it's been a long time.  Altho that may be happening in other cases too. 

It seems that the one lady (witness) who saw Lindsey and Josh squabbling, who supposedly texted their mom and sent Josh home, she sure was in the right place at the right time that day, wasn't she?  Cuz wasn't she the one who later saw Lindsey at/near 5th and Maple, after leaving KKs? 

It doesn't sit right with me that she split up the kids that night.  And maybe that's with hindsight tho.  Cuz it seems that IF Josh had stayed with the two girls, he'd have been with Lindsey on the walk home.  And Lindsey may not be missing today. 

And then... for all that the lady was here, was there, was seemingly everywhere that day/evening... she up and leaves town, or wasn't even living there at the time?  Was it just a fluke that it seems she was nearly everywhere Lindsey was that day? 

Does LE give witnesses a poly????? 

Sigh.. I dunno.  I doubt there's anyway to know anything for sure.  Not til LE starts talking.

What IF 'one of their own' in LE is involved in this mess somehow?     Could that cause this apparent silence and lack of action by so many? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1001 on: September 17, 2009, 10:52:30 PM »

If one of the witnesses is the same person who broke up the fight ... the family friend ... I assume that witness is creditible.  In other words ... there is no way the identity of Lindsey and the night she went missing could be mistaken.

Janet

+++++

ABC News - June 30, 2009

Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.  Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #1578 on: July 07, 2009, 10:37:19 PM »

... As for the argument: according to my daughter right now: it started at Shell station (this is where they left the bike) then they continued walking til they were on Maple (I know this was confused earlier possibly because I didn't understand what Kayla was saying) they were several houses down from mine when the family friend (who apparently was visiting a another friend on this street) told Josh to go home.    - Does that make sense? If not I'll try to make it clearer but I got to run but will come back and try to catch up on any ?'s.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg868953#msg868953

I know she denied it, but could the witness "family friend" be MM?

Who is MM?

Thanks

Janet

Melissa McCann. When you bolded "family friend", I thought of Melissa McCann because of the "family friend" the media kept referring to her as.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1002 on: September 17, 2009, 10:56:17 PM »

So many things going thru my mind re the witnesses and why they haven't been identified.  There are many scenarios, I could come up with, yet that would just be adding more guesses to the mix, and no real way of finding out. 

Are these witnesses perhaps 'pillars of the community' ... 'dregs of society' ... or 'average citizens'? 

Are they believeable?  Am guessing so, since it's been reported that the sightings have been 'confirmed' by LE. 

As other monkeys have wondered, if perhaps the witnesses saw more than what LE has said publically.  As in they may have seen the perp/s or an event that led to Lindsey going missing.  And if so, is there a fear for retaliation from the perp/s?  Is LE quietly watching in order to get more info, or give the perp/s enough rope to hang themself?  And yet.. it's been a long time.  Altho that may be happening in other cases too. 

It seems that the one lady (witness) who saw Lindsey and Josh squabbling, who supposedly texted their mom and sent Josh home, she sure was in the right place at the right time that day, wasn't she?  Cuz wasn't she the one who later saw Lindsey at/near 5th and Maple, after leaving KKs? 

It doesn't sit right with me that she split up the kids that night.  And maybe that's with hindsight tho.  Cuz it seems that IF Josh had stayed with the two girls, he'd have been with Lindsey on the walk home.  And Lindsey may not be missing today. 

And then... for all that the lady was here, was there, was seemingly everywhere that day/evening... she up and leaves town, or wasn't even living there at the time?  Was it just a fluke that it seems she was nearly everywhere Lindsey was that day? 

Sigh.. I dunno.  I doubt there's anyway to know anything for sure.  Not til LE starts talking.

What IF 'one of their own' in LE is involved in this mess somehow?     Could that cause this apparent silence and lack of action by so many? 

Hi Wyks,
I am still somewhat new at this so I don't know how to bold part of what you said. Was the witness a woman and did she leave town?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1003 on: September 17, 2009, 11:40:10 PM »

Hi Wyks,
I am still somewhat new at this so I don't know how to bold part of what you said. Was the witness a woman and did she leave town?

Hi Sebastian,
That's what I've read... although am not sure anymore what was rumor and what was told us by locals, and what was true or not.    

Supposedly it was a woman (family friend), who 'used to live' in town, and had been a neighbor of the Baum's.  (??)  And that she had been in town visiting a friend that day, who supposedly lived on Maple St. 

We've read that the woman/witness was on her way to work.  And I wonder... Was she just in town visiting a friend, then on her way to work?  Did she work in town, even tho she didn't live there anymore?   

I just think it's so weird that this woman from out of town, saw the squabble bet Lindsey/Josh, went to visit her friend, then later saw Lindsey on her way to work.  The friend she supposedly visited.. Did that person see Lindsey too? 

So many questions we aren't getting answers to.  We've heard bits and pieces, here and there.  Am I pulling them all into one woman and jumbling up info on different women/witnesses?  Not sure.  Am not trying to do that! 

Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1004 on: September 18, 2009, 12:01:42 AM »

The witness texted Melissa after she broke up the fighting between Lindsey and Josh? Where is this information coming from???
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1005 on: September 18, 2009, 12:59:21 AM »

The witness texted Melissa after she broke up the fighting between Lindsey and Josh? Where is this information coming from???

That was reported, can't remember by who.  Maybe someone else can remember or has the link. 

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1006 on: September 18, 2009, 01:03:19 AM »

For some of the other posters regarding the camera's and Lindsey's route: From a possible witness on the night that Lindsey disappeared she did not take her regular route home. If that is true she would not have had to come through an area where she would have been picked up on those camera's. Instead she would have been headed up 6th street hill into a strictly residential area where there are no businesses which would be consistent with the original trail said to have been picked up by the dogs.

This is from KK on this site. "POSSIBLE witness", "SHE DID NOT TAKE HER REGULAR ROUTE HOME". KK has added much to the confusion. I don't know if it is because was just posting bits and pieces of things she heard or what. Maybe KK knows more than she is letting on but was instructed by LE not to mention certain things. I just don't know what to think!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1007 on: September 18, 2009, 01:22:32 AM »

It's true that KK has shared a lot of bits and pieces, Sebastian.  I think that for me, when another local was saying a lot of stuff that didn't make sense, (and some say flat out lies), that's where my confusion came in.  Seems that KK has tried to clear some things up by what she has said.  When trying to look at all of what we've heard/read, from various people, it becomes one big muddle.  Which to believe as truth, which was rumor, which was exaggerated, and which was a flat out lie, etc.  Short of going back and listing everything we've heard/read on a spreadsheet, and sort things out, I'm just ---->

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1008 on: September 18, 2009, 01:29:46 AM »

Sebastian, did you see the pics of the cameras at the Shell gas station?   

One was pointed near the gas tanks, and another on the roof looked like it was pointed straight out over the rooftops of nearby houses, not toward the street, or sidewalk.  Have heard that one camera supposedly didn't even work or some such. 

Am not sure that Lindsey would have been caught on those Shell cams, unless she were with someone pumping gas at that moment.  From the sound of it, she could have walked right on by the Shell, and not been on those cams at all.   

Do we know where else along her route there may have been a cam? 

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1009 on: September 18, 2009, 01:38:54 AM »

Wyks,
I have read somewhere that there was a market that stays open until 11p. A "Mike" owns it. I guess he has not been very pleasant to some of the locals. Do you know who I am talking about? Are you a local?
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1010 on: September 18, 2009, 01:46:01 AM »

The path that Lindsey is said to have taken home that night is not normal - as far as when she is leaving my home and heading to hers but it is a street that she is familiar with and has a friend who lives on that street. So there is a good chance that she was bored and possibly was going to ask to stay the night elsewhere or just felt like walking.

I wonder who Lindsey's friend was. It must have been on 6th. I wonder if someone in that family was also one of the witnesses? HMMMMMM
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1011 on: September 18, 2009, 02:07:21 AM »

No, I'm not a local.  I live in the mid-west.  Just basing my thoughts on what other locals have mentioned. 

Seems there has been discussions about a Mike.  And a Rick?  Some of the businesses around there. 

I do remember reading that Lindsey may have gone to another friend's house, asked to stay all night, and was told no, then she went on her way.  Dunno if that was rumor tho. 

If that happened, why does it seem that she didn't want to go home that night?      Was she afraid of getting in trouble at home, because of the bike and the squabble with Josh?  Or was she just bored and not nervous about going home? 

KONAMOCHA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1012 on: September 18, 2009, 02:55:55 AM »

Mike was the original owner of Mike's Market and was a really nice man.

The last owners (name unknown)  that bought the store were not very nice people at all

Quote from: doubledecker
on 09-23-2009 at 09:59:00 PM

I have enough information now I believe I might know exactly where someone should go search...if anyone reads this, is there locally, able to actually go to where I point out, and will put aside all the bs and just go out there, I will tell you where to go.
KONAMOCHA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1013 on: September 18, 2009, 02:57:25 AM »

Sebastian, did you see the pics of the cameras at the Shell gas station?   

One was pointed near the gas tanks, and another on the roof looked like it was pointed straight out over the rooftops of nearby houses, not toward the street, or sidewalk.  Have heard that one camera supposedly didn't even work or some such. 

Am not sure that Lindsey would have been caught on those Shell cams, unless she were with someone pumping gas at that moment.  From the sound of it, she could have walked right on by the Shell, and not been on those cams at all.   

Do we know where else along her route there may have been a cam? 

The other camera was aimed at Mike's market Gas prices sign ....lol

Quote from: doubledecker
on 09-23-2009 at 09:59:00 PM

I have enough information now I believe I might know exactly where someone should go search...if anyone reads this, is there locally, able to actually go to where I point out, and will put aside all the bs and just go out there, I will tell you where to go.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1014 on: September 18, 2009, 05:02:39 AM »

KaraK
« Reply #1762 on: July 08, 2009, 08:42:02 PM »

... As for working at the Beehive - I am part of that confusion apparently the witness was also the one who broke up the fight but she does not work at the BeeHive. ...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg870856#msg870856

Thank you Janet

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1015 on: September 18, 2009, 05:03:24 AM »

KarmaR, o/t wasn't Susan Boyle sensational?  What a voice!

Sister,I cried when I saw her sing Wild Horses live.Her voice just brings me to my knees,can't wait for her CD release in November.
Sorry for the OT.
 an angelic monkey
KarmaR, anything she sings makes me cry.  I too can't wait for November.  I've already reserved my copy!

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1016 on: September 18, 2009, 05:06:39 AM »

If one of the witnesses is the same person who broke up the fight ... the family friend ... I assume that witness is creditible.  In other words ... there is no way the identity of Lindsey and the night she went missing could be mistaken.

Janet

+++++

ABC News - June 30, 2009

Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.  Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

KaraK
« Reply #1578 on: July 07, 2009, 10:37:19 PM »

... As for the argument: according to my daughter right now: it started at Shell station (this is where they left the bike) then they continued walking til they were on Maple (I know this was confused earlier possibly because I didn't understand what Kayla was saying) they were several houses down from mine when the family friend (who apparently was visiting a another friend on this street) told Josh to go home.    - Does that make sense? If not I'll try to make it clearer but I got to run but will come back and try to catch up on any ?'s.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg868953#msg868953

I know she denied it, but could the witness "family friend" be MM?
That is a possibility.....But I'm still not sure that Melissa Baum worked at MM's dollar store.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1017 on: September 18, 2009, 05:24:26 AM »

Yes,supposedly the same witness who sent Josh home then texted Melissa B. is also the same witness who saw Lindsey on her way home alone.Supposedly this witness is a family friend who was visiting someone who lives on KaraK's street,Maple,when she saw Lindsey.Also,in the beginning it was stated in the media that this witness saw Lindsey on her way to work for another County.

What I find wrong with the timeline is this:
1st witness breaks up fight between Lindsey and Josh,sends Josh home,texted Melissa Baum that she is sending Josh home.What time did this text happen.....9....9:05?
Mom Baum is expecting Lindsey to stay the night at KaraK's house(but she doesn't know for sure yet as the girls were going to KaraK's house to ask).
So when Josh arrives home after Mom Baum gets that text why does Mom Baum wait till 10:00 PM to panic when Lindsey wasn't home yet?
Melissa had to know by 9 PM or so that it was possible Lindsey would be walking home alone.Does she call KaraK's house?
I would think she called KaraK's house as soon as Josh arrived home but who knows? KaraK kinda mentioned that.
KaraK did say her cell phone was charging(she has no home line phone)and that her phone may have not picked up the call.When my cell phone is charging I can still make and receive calls.
Mom Baum has mentioned a few times that Lindsey was afraid of the dark and would not ever be out in the dark alone.

Some of us were also(I still think this is possible)thinking that someone in LE or a relative of someone in LE is involved in the kidnapping of Lindsey.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1018 on: September 18, 2009, 05:27:29 AM »

That info came from JenniferO who posts at Webslueths,and she got that info from either Mom Baum or KaraK.JenniferO works at the search center for Lindsey.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1019 on: September 18, 2009, 05:33:07 AM »

The path that Lindsey is said to have taken home that night is not normal - as far as when she is leaving my home and heading to hers but it is a street that she is familiar with and has a friend who lives on that street. So there is a good chance that she was bored and possibly was going to ask to stay the night elsewhere or just felt like walking.

I wonder who Lindsey's friend was. It must have been on 6th. I wonder if someone in that family was also one of the witnesses? HMMMMMM
I think this house Lindsey might have visited was the same house she swam at Thursday and Friday....I'll have to look when I get home from work but somewhere I think we tied this house to the same"friends house"KaraK was talking about.Also,the house where Lindsey and Kayla swam those 2 days,is said to be the house of some girls that Lindsey had a falling out with a while back and they had just renewed their friendship.

Karma Is Coming

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.