March 18, 2024, 11:06:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 479647 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1020 on: September 18, 2009, 05:39:06 AM »

No, I'm not a local.  I live in the mid-west.  Just basing my thoughts on what other locals have mentioned. 

Seems there has been discussions about a Mike.  And a Rick?  Some of the businesses around there. 

I do remember reading that Lindsey may have gone to another friend's house, asked to stay all night, and was told no, then she went on her way.  Dunno if that was rumor tho. 

If that happened, why does it seem that she didn't want to go home that night?      Was she afraid of getting in trouble at home, because of the bike and the squabble with Josh?  Or was she just bored and not nervous about going home? 

It does seem that way because originally on the way to ask if Kayla could stay over night the girls decided to ask if Lindsey could stay at Kayla's house.Also in the media someone(?)did make a statement that Lindsey may have thought she was in trouble and this person said"Lindsey please come home,you're not in trouble".That may have come from Melissa Baum or Melissa McCann....not sure.
So Lindsey may have thought she was in trouble because of the bike fight with her brother,that's why I think she headed back to the Shell station to get the bike and head home.
Amazing that the bike sat at that Shell station for 2-3 days after Lindsey went missing huh?

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1021 on: September 18, 2009, 05:43:44 AM »

So many things going thru my mind re the witnesses and why they haven't been identified.  There are many scenarios, I could come up with, yet that would just be adding more guesses to the mix, and no real way of finding out. 

Am trying to think of why LE would not reveal the identity of these witnesses. 

For their own protection?  And if so, from what/whom?   

Are these witnesses perhaps 'pillars of the community' ... 'dregs of society' ... or 'average citizens'? 

Are they believeable?  Am guessing so, since it's been reported that the sightings have been 'confirmed' by LE. 

As other monkeys have wondered, if perhaps the witnesses saw more than what LE has said publically.  As in they may have seen the perp/s or an event that led to Lindsey going missing.  And if so, is there a fear for retaliation from the perp/s?  Is LE quietly watching in order to get more info, or give the perp/s enough rope to hang themself?  And yet.. it's been a long time.  Altho that may be happening in other cases too. 

It seems that the one lady (witness) who saw Lindsey and Josh squabbling, who supposedly texted their mom and sent Josh home, she sure was in the right place at the right time that day, wasn't she?  Cuz wasn't she the one who later saw Lindsey at/near 5th and Maple, after leaving KKs? 

It doesn't sit right with me that she split up the kids that night.  And maybe that's with hindsight tho.  Cuz it seems that IF Josh had stayed with the two girls, he'd have been with Lindsey on the walk home.  And Lindsey may not be missing today. 

And then... for all that the lady was here, was there, was seemingly everywhere that day/evening... she up and leaves town, or wasn't even living there at the time?  Was it just a fluke that it seems she was nearly everywhere Lindsey was that day? 

Does LE give witnesses a poly????? 

Sigh.. I dunno.  I doubt there's anyway to know anything for sure.  Not til LE starts talking.

What IF 'one of their own' in LE is involved in this mess somehow?     Could that cause this apparent silence and lack of action by so many? 

Yes,supposedly the same witness who sent Josh home then texted Melissa B. is also the same witness who saw Lindsey on her way home alone.Supposedly this witness is a family friend who was visiting someone who lives on KaraK's street,Maple,when she saw Lindsey.Also,in the beginning it was stated in the media that this witness saw Lindsey on her way to work for another County.

What I find wrong with the timeline is this:
1st witness breaks up fight between Lindsey and Josh,sends Josh home,texted Melissa Baum that she is sending Josh home.What time did this text happen.....9....9:05?
Mom Baum is expecting Lindsey to stay the night at KaraK's house(but she doesn't know for sure yet as the girls were going to KaraK's house to ask).
So when Josh arrives home after Mom Baum gets that text why does Mom Baum wait till 10:00 PM to panic when Lindsey wasn't home yet?
Melissa had to know by 9 PM or so that it was possible Lindsey would be walking home alone.Does she call KaraK's house?
I would think she called KaraK's house as soon as Josh arrived home but who knows? KaraK kinda mentioned that.
KaraK did say her cell phone was charging(she has no home line phone)and that her phone may have not picked up the call.When my cell phone is charging I can still make and receive calls.
Mom Baum has mentioned a few times that Lindsey was afraid of the dark and would not ever be out in the dark alone.

Some of us were also(I still think this is possible)thinking that someone in LE or a relative of someone in LE is involved in the kidnapping of Lindsey.
Sorry correction on the bolded above:
Mom Baum expected Kayla and Lindsey home as they went to ask if Kayla could stay the night at Lindsey's.Still.....doesn't anyone use phones any more?Also I think it's just as wrong for one 10 yo to be out walking the streets as 2 10 yo's.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1022 on: September 18, 2009, 09:24:54 AM »

O/T:  Sorry for the off-topic post, but since Haleigh's Cage and Lindsey's cage are most active right now, I thought I'd post here. We finally received the approved reward poster from LE in the Nevaeh Buchanan case. I posted it in Nevaeh's cage. Please stop in and take a look. It really came out nice. I've had over 1000 copies made, and we're in the process of developing our distribution strategy. Feel free to post it, email it, etc.at will. And if you know anyone located in or around Monroe that may be willing to help, please let me know. Thank you.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1023 on: September 18, 2009, 09:37:01 AM »

Good Morning Karma

It appears that the 10 year old little girl's was 10:00 PM.  Melissa Baum phoned Kara at 10:25 PM.

Janet

+++++++

Quote from: Tamikosmom on July 05, 2009, 04:03:25 AM

What time did Melissa contact you with her concern that the girls had not returned home?

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #1085 on: July 05, 2009, 05:39:45 AM »

I believe it was 10:25 when I got the call. I am not sure if she tried previous to that because my battery was drained and charging and I have a majorly cheap phone that works only when it wants to.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864836;topicseen#msg864836

ABC News - June 30, 2009

Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

"When she wasn't home by 10, I started to get nervous," Baum said, adding that 10 p.m. is the curfew for her children.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1024 on: September 18, 2009, 09:44:04 AM »

For some of the other posters regarding the camera's and Lindsey's route: From a possible witness on the night that Lindsey disappeared she did not take her regular route home. If that is true she would not have had to come through an area where she would have been picked up on those camera's. Instead she would have been headed up 6th street hill into a strictly residential area where there are no businesses which would be consistent with the original trail said to have been picked up by the dogs.

This is from KK on this site. "POSSIBLE witness", "SHE DID NOT TAKE HER REGULAR ROUTE HOME". KK has added much to the confusion. I don't know if it is because was just posting bits and pieces of things she heard or what. Maybe KK knows more than she is letting on but was instructed by LE not to mention certain things. I just don't know what to think!
I don't know what to think either. How do we really know she didn't take her regular route home, what do we really know about the two witnesses, if there were really witnesses. I'm stuck on several things, one of them being the witnesses 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1025 on: September 18, 2009, 09:46:42 AM »

No, I'm not a local.  I live in the mid-west.  Just basing my thoughts on what other locals have mentioned. 

Seems there has been discussions about a Mike.  And a Rick?  Some of the businesses around there. 

I do remember reading that Lindsey may have gone to another friend's house, asked to stay all night, and was told no, then she went on her way.  Dunno if that was rumor tho. 

If that happened, why does it seem that she didn't want to go home that night?      Was she afraid of getting in trouble at home, because of the bike and the squabble with Josh?  Or was she just bored and not nervous about going home? 

Thank-you Wyks for bringing that up, I have brought this up before why didn't she want to go home, and going to ask to sleep over at other people's houses? I realize kids like slumber parties, but this feels more like she just didn't want to be at home.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1026 on: September 18, 2009, 09:48:08 AM »

Mike was the original owner of Mike's Market and was a really nice man.

The last owners (name unknown)  that bought the store were not very nice people at all
Thank-you 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1027 on: September 18, 2009, 09:50:32 AM »

It seems that the one lady (witness) who saw Lindsey and Josh squabbling, who supposedly texted their mom and sent Josh home, she sure was in the right place at the right time that day, wasn't she?  Cuz wasn't she the one who later saw Lindsey at/near 5th and Maple, after leaving KKs?    To convenient if you ask me.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1028 on: September 18, 2009, 10:20:34 AM »

no rose colored glasses

I would assume that the "visit" was taking place outside of a residence.  When it is considered that there was less than an hour between the intervening of the argument and Lindsey's journey back home ... it does not seem unusual to me that that the same person who sent Josh home could have witnessed Lindsey following her departure from the Kampen/Williams residence.

Janet

++++++

KaraK
« Reply #1578 on: July 07, 2009, 10:37:19 PM »

... As for the argument: according to my daughter right now: it started at Shell station (this is where they left the bike) then they continued walking til they were on Maple (I know this was confused earlier possibly because I didn't understand what Kayla was saying) they were several houses down from mine when the family friend (who apparently was visiting a another friend on this street) told Josh to go home. ...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg868953#msg868953

APPROXIMATE TIMELINE

8:15 PM – OBSERVED AT VIDEO STORE
8:30 PM – ARRIVES AT THE BAUM RESIDENCE
8:40 PM - LEAVES THE BAUM RESIDENCE
8:45 PM - THE ARGUMENT - THE BIKE - THE SHELL STATION
8:55 PM - THE INTERVENTION - JOSH IS SENT HOME
9:00 PM - ARRIVES AT THE KAMPEN/WILLIAM’S RESIDENCE
9:15 PM – LEAVES THE KAMPEN/WILLIAMS’S RESIDENCE
9:30 PM - CONFIRMED SIGHT – 15TH STREET AND MAPLE

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1029 on: September 18, 2009, 10:46:28 AM »

Sebastian, did you see the pics of the cameras at the Shell gas station?   

One was pointed near the gas tanks, and another on the roof looked like it was pointed straight out over the rooftops of nearby houses, not toward the street, or sidewalk.  Have heard that one camera supposedly didn't even work or some such. 

Am not sure that Lindsey would have been caught on those Shell cams, unless she were with someone pumping gas at that moment.  From the sound of it, she could have walked right on by the Shell, and not been on those cams at all.   

Do we know where else along her route there may have been a cam? 

The other camera was aimed at Mike's market Gas prices sign ....lol

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1030 on: September 18, 2009, 10:49:46 AM »

According to KaraK ...

Janet

+++++

KaraK
« Reply #1081 on: July 05, 2009, 04:00:50 AM »

According to my daughter the thought of anyone spending the night at my house was thought up on the way to my house. So, Lindsey's mom would have had reason to be worried when she did not show up by 10ish because she at that time was (to my knowledge) not aware the girls had asked me or were going to ask to spend the night at my house or that I'd said no.  I believe she was under the impression that both girls would be coming back to her house which would take them longer because Kayla has to bring along many outfits if she stays the night.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864834

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1031 on: September 18, 2009, 11:02:16 AM »

I speculate that LE has been focused on a person of interest very early on.  I believe that this is why there is an appearance of apathy in regards to the Lindsey Baum case.

Janet

+++++++++

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum #2
« Reply #549 on: July 17, 2009, 10:10:17 AM »

They would not tell us who has or has not been searched. We have seriously gotten little more then the following three phrases "We'll look into that", "nothing new" and "this is unrelated to Lindsey's disappearance..."

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5627.msg880225;topicseen#msg880225

KOMO NEWS - JULY 1, 2009

Experts with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children say if the girl was abducted, it most likely wasn't by a stranger who was hiding in the bushes.

"From what knowledge we have and the information that I have that it's someone that she possibly knows, somebody that is in the area," said Henry Schmidt with the organization ...

http://www.komonews.com/news/49651607.html

THE DAILY WORLD - JULY 2, 2009

Scott said authorities have run into several dead ends with almost no signs of the 4-foot-9, brown-haired girl, who was last spotted wearing a blue pullover shirt and blue jeans.

“I don’t know anything more than I knew Saturday afternoon,” he said, “but I’m not willing to admit that I know anything less.”

Scott said bloodhounds traced the route Lindsey took early on from the friend’s house to her own home, but didn’t find any scent. And in places where Lindsey once played — parks and by the creek — Lindsey’s scent has been vanishing.

The loss of scent could be a combination of factors — the heat on the sidewalk could have dissipated it for instance, he said.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

_____

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1032 on: September 18, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »

Things are different than they were back in the ancient days when I was 10.   

Cuz I know for fact what my parents would have done, had my older bro and I been squabbling like that.  My bro, upon getting back home, would have been chewed out but good, sternly told to adjust his attitude (with a promised lecture for me as well), then sent straight back to where I was, to finish what he'd been sent to do -- walk me back home. 

'Course back in that day, one of the parents would have either driven me home, or walked back with me the ENTIRE way, waiting til the door opened and I stepped inside.  I still wait like that when dropping off my GROWN young adult son's friends.    

But.... these days, they have a'changed. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1033 on: September 18, 2009, 11:11:36 AM »

Where is Jim Mullin's Creek?  Is it far from 5th and Maple?  Is this creek the one shown on the map provided by Karma?

I wonder what led authorities to search that creek early on in the investigation?

Janet

++++++++

Search ramps up for McCleary girl
10:19 PM PDT on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

After four days, searchers say they're trying to remain optimistic. Today Grays Harbor County called in the State Patrol's plane for help.

More dogs were called out to look in the neighborhood where Lindsey was last seen walking home from a friend's house Friday night.

Every option is still on the table for police, who say Lindsey could have been injured, lost, kidnapped or just ran away.

"We have not found evidence, we have not found circumstances, witnesses or information that speaks specifically as to what happened to Lindsey," said Scott.

Instead of kids playing in Jim Mullin's creek, search dogs were back on his property. It's the sixth time his place has been searched.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1034 on: September 18, 2009, 11:14:47 AM »

Things are different than they were back in the ancient days when I was 10.   

Cuz I know for fact what my parents would have done, had my older bro and I been squabbling like that.  My bro, upon getting back home, would have been chewed out but good, sternly told to adjust his attitude (with a promised lecture for me as well), then sent straight back to where I was, to finish what he'd been sent to do -- walk me back home. 

'Course back in that day, one of the parents would have either driven me home, or walked back with me the ENTIRE way, waiting til the door opened and I stepped inside.  I still wait like that when dropping off my GROWN young adult son's friends.    

But.... these days, they have a'changed.  

Not in Tamikosmom's world.

Good Morning Wyks.

Have a good day Monkeys.

Janet
8:15 AM PT

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1035 on: September 18, 2009, 11:19:20 AM »

O/T:  Sorry for the off-topic post, but since Haleigh's Cage and Lindsey's cage are most active right now, I thought I'd post here. We finally received the approved reward poster from LE in the Nevaeh Buchanan case. I posted it in Nevaeh's cage. Please stop in and take a look. It really came out nice. I've had over 1000 copies made, and we're in the process of developing our distribution strategy. Feel free to post it, email it, etc.at will. And if you know anyone located in or around Monroe that may be willing to help, please let me know. Thank you.

Thank you JessStar.

an angelic monkey

Janet

_____

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1036 on: September 18, 2009, 11:28:55 AM »

So many things going thru my mind re the witnesses and why they haven't been identified.  There are many scenarios, I could come up with, yet that would just be adding more guesses to the mix, and no real way of finding out. 

Am trying to think of why LE would not reveal the identity of these witnesses. 

For their own protection?  And if so, from what/whom?   

Are these witnesses perhaps 'pillars of the community' ... 'dregs of society' ... or 'average citizens'? 

Are they believeable?  Am guessing so, since it's been reported that the sightings have been 'confirmed' by LE. 

As other monkeys have wondered, if perhaps the witnesses saw more than what LE has said publically.  As in they may have seen the perp/s or an event that led to Lindsey going missing.  And if so, is there a fear for retaliation from the perp/s?  Is LE quietly watching in order to get more info, or give the perp/s enough rope to hang themself?  And yet.. it's been a long time.  Altho that may be happening in other cases too. 

It seems that the one lady (witness) who saw Lindsey and Josh squabbling, who supposedly texted their mom and sent Josh home, she sure was in the right place at the right time that day, wasn't she?  Cuz wasn't she the one who later saw Lindsey at/near 5th and Maple, after leaving KKs? 

It doesn't sit right with me that she split up the kids that night.  And maybe that's with hindsight tho.  Cuz it seems that IF Josh had stayed with the two girls, he'd have been with Lindsey on the walk home.  And Lindsey may not be missing today. 

And then... for all that the lady was here, was there, was seemingly everywhere that day/evening... she up and leaves town, or wasn't even living there at the time?  Was it just a fluke that it seems she was nearly everywhere Lindsey was that day? 

Does LE give witnesses a poly????? 

Sigh.. I dunno.  I doubt there's anyway to know anything for sure.  Not til LE starts talking.

What IF 'one of their own' in LE is involved in this mess somehow?     Could that cause this apparent silence and lack of action by so many? 

Yes,supposedly the same witness who sent Josh home then texted Melissa B. is also the same witness who saw Lindsey on her way home alone.Supposedly this witness is a family friend who was visiting someone who lives on KaraK's street,Maple,when she saw Lindsey.Also,in the beginning it was stated in the media that this witness saw Lindsey on her way to work for another County.

What I find wrong with the timeline is this:
1st witness breaks up fight between Lindsey and Josh,sends Josh home,texted Melissa Baum that she is sending Josh home.What time did this text happen.....9....9:05?
Mom Baum is expecting Lindsey to stay the night at KaraK's house(but she doesn't know for sure yet as the girls were going to KaraK's house to ask).
So when Josh arrives home after Mom Baum gets that text why does Mom Baum wait till 10:00 PM to panic when Lindsey wasn't home yet?
Melissa had to know by 9 PM or so that it was possible Lindsey would be walking home alone.Does she call KaraK's house?
I would think she called KaraK's house as soon as Josh arrived home but who knows? KaraK kinda mentioned that.
KaraK did say her cell phone was charging(she has no home line phone)and that her phone may have not picked up the call.When my cell phone is charging I can still make and receive calls.
Mom Baum has mentioned a few times that Lindsey was afraid of the dark and would not ever be out in the dark alone.

Some of us were also(I still think this is possible)thinking that someone in LE or a relative of someone in LE is involved in the kidnapping of Lindsey.

Thanks Karma, and great points here! 

I'm curious to know if Mom Baum talked about the squabble with Josh.  She knew, cuz the friend had texted her, and supposedly it was Mom Baum who asked her to send him home.  (have read this explained two ways - one, that the friend texted Mom B. and then sent Josh home.  and two, that the friend sent Josh home, and then texted Mom B. to tell her what had happened).  At any rate, Mom B knew what had happened, and did she talk with Josh later?  This is why I was reading with great interest for the answer to other monkeys wondering if Josh even went back home.  And I have to say... Still am not sure what that answer is. 

I am an involved Mom, just ask my sons!  LOL  Had I learned of a squabble, I'd be on the phone with the other child.  I wouldn't wait til that child got home.  But especially considering there would be a walk home, with or without friend, while it was getting dark, esp if said child was afraid of the dark.  I'd have walked there myself if the other PARENT (not child) couldn't walk her home.  But then, that's me.  I was the parent who always seemed to end up doing the driving home, of all my sons friends.  Even 10 years ago, seems those parents just couldn't 'be bothered' or something.  But I wasn't gonna let em walk in the dark.  Even just down the street or around the corner.  IMO, it's what involved parents do. 

And my cell is like yours Karma, I can make/receive calls while it's charging.  When it was brand new and I was still scared of it, LOL, I'd turn it off tho while charging.  Maybe that's what KK had done.  ?? 

Soooooooooooooooo ..  I'm not alone in thinking that it's possible someone in or connected to LE "might" be involved, eh?  Good to know that others are thinking the same way!!  It's one thing that could explain the seeming apathy from many in the local community.  How does one go about fighting something like that.  If it's true.  Sigh. 

Is the FBI connected to this case yet/still??  They'd be ones who could catch onto this, if it's an actual concern.  IMO. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1037 on: September 18, 2009, 11:50:48 AM »

It does seem that way because originally on the way to ask if Kayla could stay over night the girls decided to ask if Lindsey could stay at Kayla's house.Also in the media someone(?)did make a statement that Lindsey may have thought she was in trouble and this person said"Lindsey please come home,you're not in trouble".That may have come from Melissa Baum or Melissa McCann....not sure.
So Lindsey may have thought she was in trouble because of the bike fight with her brother,that's why I think she headed back to the Shell station to get the bike and head home.
Amazing that the bike sat at that Shell station for 2-3 days after Lindsey went missing huh?

Yeppers!!  Am thinking it was Mom B who made that statement.  Cuz I wondered at the time, honestly.. do you think Lindsey is now tucked away somewhere worried that she was in trouble?  But then, were it one of mine gone missing, I'd be doing and saying anything necessary in trying to get them back home, without worrying first if it made much sense.  It may have been what seems to have kept Lindsey from running all the way straight home that night.  But I doubt that it's why she's still missing. 

Unless of course....... (sorry just gotta throw this out there).... IF Josh got into major trouble when he got home, and IF he left the house again, to lay in wait for Lindsey for revenge.  Dunno how or what he might have done, haven't really worked that scenario out, but I guess it's just as much a possibility as anything else we've got to go on. 

One thing is for sure, Lindsey was nervous about something, as seen by what she wrote in her myspace/facebook about 'something going to happen'.  That's why I don't think it was just a random person who drove into town and grabbed her. 

IMO, she is far too young to be so very worried about life.  Kinda makes me wonder what really was going on at home, behind doors.  That, or with others that she and/or family members knew. 

Still want to know about this "church" that Lindsey and Josh supposedly had attended shortly before she went missing........... The one that so many locals seem to abhor.  Was Mom B even aware of how the locals feel about it, before Josh/Lindsey attended there?  Was she aware that Josh and Lindsey went there at least once?  Did she meet any of the people at this "church"?  And etc....

Karma, I too think that Lindsey intended on grabbing the bike on her way home.  Cuz even if she did get into trouble for the squabble there, it wouldn't have been so bad for her (I would think), had she made sure the bike got back home.  So am thinking she was headed for the Shell and the bike, but evidently didn't reach that point. 

And like you, and other monkeys, am wondering why the family (or even LE) left the bike there for so long afterward? 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1038 on: September 18, 2009, 12:06:49 PM »

Thank-you Wyks for bringing that up, I have brought this up before why didn't she want to go home, and going to ask to sleep over at other people's houses? I realize kids like slumber parties, but this feels more like she just didn't want to be at home.

YW NoRose!    

Yeah, I know we've discussed this before, I just cannot get what seems to have been a 'feeling of dread' for Lindsey, out of my mind.  Poor thing. 

Also.. when I saw those recent aerial maps that our monkeys posted, I saw how Lindsey's street goes at an angle toward Beck.  Some of us have wondered if she got to her street and then went up 1st toward Beck.  I'm wondering if the perp took her down her own street to Beck.     Not sure tho that her street actually connects to Beck, but if they were on a motorcycle or such, that wouldn't likely matter. 

We read Mr. Oakes reported that they had "tracked up to Beck......."  (a live scent of Lindsey, correct?)  Am confused about where that scent track actually began.   

My heart goes out to Lindsey's loved ones, as well as the locals in town who had contact with her that day/night, who ended up for their own reasons, telling her no and sending her on her way back home.  Can you imagine how they must be feeling now?  I'd be beside myself with, "If only I had let her stay the night....' etc.  Not their fault, and I'm not trying to place blame and guilt!!  Just saying that I would be consumed with guilt, whether right or wrong. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1039 on: September 18, 2009, 12:07:04 PM »

Janet, I agree something is not right. No matter how I try to follow different thoughts and ideas, I keep coming back to my original thoughts, which I find disturbing.

no rose colored glasses

Considering the argument a short time prior to Lindsey's diappearance ... the question concerning whether Josh was home at that crucial time been around since the getgo.  If this young man was home ... I wish LE would confirm it and ... speculation regarding Josh can cease.

I emailed McLeary LE and the FBI regarding this topic.  No response.

Janet

What I find very odd is that the bike being left at the Shell station for 2-3 days.Wasn't the search dogs out trying to track Lindseys scent by then?Wasn't LE out walking Lindseys route by then?Why was the bike left at the Shell station 2-3 days if anyone walked Lindseys exact route?Lindsey could have planned to return to the station to get the bike and return home IMO.

Me too.  Such incompetence!

Consider the argument ... I believe that it is possible that Lindsey stopped at the Shell station on her way home to check if Josh took the bike home and ... met with foul play.

Janet

+++++++

KaraK
« Reply #1578 on: July 07, 2009, 10:37:19 PM »

... As for the argument: according to my daughter right now: it started at Shell station (this is where they left the bike) then they continued walking til they were on Maple (I know this was confused earlier possibly because I didn't understand what Kayla was saying) they were several houses down from mine when the family friend (who apparently was visiting a another friend on this street) told Josh to go home. 
   -
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg868953#msg868953

BUMPED

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.