March 19, 2024, 12:02:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 479660 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1060 on: September 18, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »

Mike was the original owner of Mike's Market and was a really nice man.

The last owners (name unknown)  that bought the store were not very nice people at all

Thanks Kona!  So the 'not very nice people' own this store, not Mike.  Did/do they open the store at night?   Do you know if they have cameras there?  If so, sure am hoping they were questioned!   

I thought the man wasn't very nice, but the wife seemed alright. He didn't speak the best English when I was in town, but he had enough to get by on. They should have been opened when Lindsey was walking home, they close at either 11 or 12.

Ok, thanks Jademoff! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1061 on: September 18, 2009, 06:54:07 PM »

OT

SPOKANE, Wash. —  Authorities have put out a statewide alert for a mentally ill killer who escaped during a hospital field trip to a county fair, leading to fears that he'll become more unstable and potentially dangerous the longer he is on the loose with no medication.

Phillip Arnold Paul most likely jumped a train and is headed to his parents home in Sunnyside, Washington, authorities told FOX News. Paul checks in with his family daily — and they hope he will continue his previous habit.

Sgt. Dave Reagan of the Spokane County sheriff's office says Phillip Arnold Paul remained at large Friday and officials believe he's headed to Sunnyside, the town where his parents live. Anyone spotting him should call 911 and not try to confront him.

Paul was committed after he was acquitted by reason of insanity in the 1987 slaying of an elderly woman in Sunnyside. He soaked the woman's body in gasoline to throw off search dogs and buried the remains in her flower garden. He reportedly said voices in his head told him she was a witch.

He was caught trying to escape four years later, only to knock a deputy unconscious in the booking area following his arrest.

The 57-year-old Paul escaped Thursday during a supervised outing to the Spokane County Interstate Fair for patients from Eastern State Hospital. Thirty-one patients from the mental hospital were on the trip with 11 staff members.

-------------------------------------------------

OK Who was the Bozo group that decided that field trips to local fairs was a good idea for the criminally insane ?
Was that Pelosi ?

Anyways that really pisses me off. I hope somebody does not get murdered over this escape.

Oh Jeeeeeeeeez!!   

I'm with you Edward, wth were they thinking... a field trip for the criminally insane??   

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1062 on: September 18, 2009, 06:55:05 PM »

KaraK does not seem to want to commit herself in regards to whether Josh Baum was home with Mom when Lindsey began her journey home on the evening of June 26, 2009.

Janet

++++++

Quote from: Northern Rose on July 08, 2009, 03:51:16 PM

Bike was left behind Shell, fight took place on Maple where neighbour sent Josh away.

Where did he go from there? 
Who picked up the bike as it was left at the Shell?
Did he go straight home and was anyone there?
Was he home at 9:15 - 9:30?

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #1653 on: July 08, 2009, 08:48:14 PM
»

1) I can't answer the first one because I was told he went home but was not there myself.
2) The bike stayed at the Shell station. It was not picked up until 2 to 3 days after.
3) Josh's mom was home but again for the same reason as 1 I can not factually say he went straight home.
4) ?

Since we cannot directly ask Mom B, and we only have KKs word for it, it's just hard to understand why we're not getting a simple yes or no for what seems to be a simple question.  And I have to wonder why??  I understand KKs answer to that, she wasn't there, she only knows what she was told.  Yet it seems that she is being VERY careful in her answer, doesn't it?  And I have to wonder why on that as well. 

Wyks - first I am so glad to see you back!  YES!!!! This was the day I was doing a timeline with everything we knew and asking KK questions as there were the two places where it just was too tight to make everything fit.  Can you pull the timeline I did?  I do not believe I ever received a response back from KK on my last set of questions when I pointed out the short window of time to get a lot of things to fit.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1063 on: September 18, 2009, 06:56:06 PM »

Mike was the original owner of Mike's Market and was a really nice man.

The last owners (name unknown)  that bought the store were not very nice people at all

Thanks Kona!  So the 'not very nice people' own this store, not Mike.  Did/do they open the store at night?   Do you know if they have cameras there?  If so, sure am hoping they were questioned!   

Mike's market is now closed and and rather abruptly too.

They were open until 11pm usually.

Nobody I have talked to knew it was closing.

Doors open 1 day and closed the next

Mikes did have camera's

Uh oh........  Something weird with that!  Sure hope LE is on it! 

Thanks Kona!

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1064 on: September 18, 2009, 07:04:38 PM »

Wyks - first I am so glad to see you back!  YES!!!! This was the day I was doing a timeline with everything we knew and asking KK questions as there were the two places where it just was too tight to make everything fit.  Can you pull the timeline I did?  I do not believe I ever received a response back from KK on my last set of questions when I pointed out the short window of time to get a lot of things to fit.

Thanks Northern Rose!     It's so good to be back online. 

Yes, I did see your timeline, and do agree that it doesn't seem there was time enough to squish all that she did in the alloted time.  Even if Lindsey wasn't one to primp, still takes time to shower and toss on another outfit.  IMO.  Wonder why KK didn't respond back?  Was that about when she seems to have quit posting in here altogether? 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1065 on: September 18, 2009, 07:15:14 PM »

How about this?
1.  Mellisa and Scott williams passed the polygraph.
2.  Two witnesses came forward and said they seen Lindsey on Maple near 5th.
2.  Last seen about 9:30
3.  Harry Oakes dogs tracked scent out ATV road and 1/2 mile from Beck St. there was a dead human alert.
Now this is what I speculate:
This is small town USA like back in the 50's.  No crime. No cams.  No fear.  Everyone knows everyone else.  Few computers.  News from local papers and a lot don't even have cable.  Heck, if I lived there, I may not even lock my door.  What for??  My kids curfew would be "home by dark".  No big deal.  I have to rule out Melissa and Kara's household(passed polygraph).  Witnesses gave out more information on who else they saw.  Wouldn't want anyone in town know I fingered them, especially if one my be perp.  I believe Lindsey accepted a ride from someone she trusted(someone she had seen before).  If Lindsey's scent goes out the ATV road, only a local would have knowledge of that road.  Without physical evidence or a confession, the case would come to a standstill.  Any thought? 

Well.. good rundown IMO, Shortcake!  I think there were a few cams in town, altho perhaps not placed in such a way as to capture anyone walking down the street.  We've only heard about Mom Baum and Scott Williams taking the poly, so we can't really rule out their whole households.  IMO.  Other than that am thinking everything else seems to fit.  Seems like this could have been Small Town USA, anywhere.  You have a good point too in that only a local would have known about that road.  Yeppers. 

I gotta think that without evidence or a confession, LE would have to think 'outside of the box', for what may have happened.  And they may have, or be doing that.  We just don't know much about it, if so.  IMO.

shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1066 on: September 18, 2009, 08:09:37 PM »

One of the MANY things that have always bugged me about this case is this: If Josh was sent home and MB was sent a text that Josh was sent home, why did she wait until 10:30 to call KK? KK was on this board long enough to say "MB started trying to call me at 10:00 when Lindsey was not home but my cell was turned off". She never did say that. Her only reply all along on this subject has been "MB may have tried to call me earlier". After all of this time, you think that she would have broached this subject with MB, especially in light of the fact that people here have continuously asked about it. So, I think it is safe to ASSUME that MB's first call to KK was around 10:30pm. So, if I have this right, Josh shows up home about 9:30 pm or so, after the "FAMILY FRIEND" sent a text to MB about the situation. Why is there an entire hour of non-action? Either the 10:00pm curfew is bogus and LB pretty much comes and goes as she wants, or there is something more. When KK told LB that she could not spend the night, why didn't KK call or text MB to tell her that LB was on her way home ALONE? So we have these two mothers who have not done what any one of us would do. Then you add MM to the mix. The three of them, MB, KK and MM appear to be very closely tied together. MM does not go out and search, refuses various items to be donated to the searches of LB and handles the donations. There was a post by MM over on another site. She stated that she and MB and KK were sitting in her store at that time and they did not want what was found on the searches made public. That is understandable. What sent my hinky meter skyrocketing was these same three players sitting around in MM's store together. I just don't get any of these people.

Very good points, Sebastian.  Especially the part I bolded above.  We've discussed this and discussed it, ad nausem.  Still don't know much more than we did in the beginning, cuz of the confusing answers by some, and downright public silence from LE and Mom Baum.  Mom B could jump at interviews and answer some of these confusing things for the media, yet doesn't.  She may have been told by LE to hush and keep things quiet.  But I wish she would at the least say that to the media so we'd understand her silence.  Sigh. 

Lindsey used to come into my old work when she was 8 or 9. She was usually with friends though and during daylight hours.
Hi Jade.  I see you used to work at Gordons.  Can you tell me if they have video cameras and if so are any in the beer aisle?  I assume you lived in Elma and worked in McCleary.  Or at least lived in Elma at one time.  Thanks for the answere in advance.  shortcake
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1067 on: September 18, 2009, 08:56:49 PM »

How about this?
3.  Harry Oakes dogs tracked scent out ATV road and 1/2 mile from Beck St. there was a dead human alert.
This is small town USA like back in the 50's.  No crime. No cams.  No fear.  Everyone knows everyone else.  Few computers.  News from local papers and a lot don't even have cable.  Heck, if I lived there, I may not even lock my door.  What for??  My kids curfew would be "home by dark".  No big deal.  I have to rule out Melissa and Kara's household(passed polygraph).  Witnesses gave out more information on who else they saw.  Wouldn't want anyone in town know I fingered them, especially if one my be perp.  I believe Lindsey accepted a ride from someone she trusted(someone she had seen before).  If Lindsey's scent goes out the ATV road, only a local would have knowledge of that road.  Without physical evidence or a confession, the case would come to a standstill.  Any thought? 

Well.. good rundown IMO, Shortcake!  I think there were a few cams in town, altho perhaps not placed in such a way as to capture anyone walking down the street.  We've only heard about Mom Baum and Scott Williams taking the poly, so we can't really rule out their whole households.  IMO.  Other than that am thinking everything else seems to fit.  Seems like this could have been Small Town USA, anywhere.  You have a good point too in that only a local would have known about that road.  Yeppers. 

I gotta think that without evidence or a confession, LE would have to think 'outside of the box', for what may have happened.  And they may have, or be doing that.  We just don't know much about it, if so.  IMO.

Thanks for the critique.  I guess I ruled out both households because of earlier posts(around 7/2) it is reported undersheriff Rick Scott announced Melissa Baum and Scott Williams volunteered and passed polygraph.  I don't see how either parent would not be aware of any involvement of anyone in the household.  I maybe assumed wrong.  Thanks.
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1068 on: September 18, 2009, 09:10:23 PM »

How about this?

Thanks for the critique.  I guess I ruled out both households because of early reports(7/2) Undersheriff Rick Scott announced that both Melissa Baum and Scott Williams volunteered and passed polygraph.  I don't see how either parent could pass and have any knowledge of someone involved in the disappearence.  But than again I assume.  shortcake
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1069 on: September 18, 2009, 09:15:12 PM »

Sorry for the double posts.  I am having problems with my computer.    shortcake
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1070 on: September 18, 2009, 09:22:02 PM »

With Dad Baum not involved much at all with his kids, I wonder if LB was looking for a father figure. She seemed to have a lot of freedom around McCleary. I wonder if she buddied up with someone that Mom Baum may not have even been aware of. Does anyone local know of anyone in that town who spends too much time around kids?
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1071 on: September 18, 2009, 11:36:50 PM »

Can anyone help me?  I connot find what time the LE responded to the 911.  I remember reading somewhere he was dispatched by Olympia and he had just gotten off duty.  Was that a McCleary LE?  If so, what time did he get off duty?  Why wasn't someone on duty that Friday night?  Busiest night of the week and good chance to bust a drunk?  Maybe a fight at local bar.  Anybody read who this person is who responded to Melissa's call.  Seems like one area that has not been talked about much.  Just want to through this out.  I do not see how a 12 year old could overpower a 10 year old and drag her body down the middle of the road out into the woods in broad daylight and not be seen by anybody??? JMO>  I am getting tired and will sleep on it.   shortcake
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1072 on: September 19, 2009, 03:50:19 AM »

One of the MANY things that have always bugged me about this case is this: If Josh was sent home and MB was sent a text that Josh was sent home, why did she wait until 10:30 to call KK? KK was on this board long enough to say "MB started trying to call me at 10:00 when Lindsey was not home but my cell was turned off". She never did say that. Her only reply all along on this subject has been "MB may have tried to call me earlier". After all of this time, you think that she would have broached this subject with MB, especially in light of the fact that people here have continuously asked about it. So, I think it is safe to ASSUME that MB's first call to KK was around 10:30pm. So, if I have this right, Josh shows up home about 9:30 pm or so, after the "FAMILY FRIEND" sent a text to MB about the situation. Why is there an entire hour of non-action? Either the 10:00pm curfew is bogus and LB pretty much comes and goes as she wants, or there is something more. When KK told LB that she could not spend the night, why didn't KK call or text MB to tell her that LB was on her way home ALONE? So we have these two mothers who have not done what any one of us would do. Then you add MM to the mix. The three of them, MB, KK and MM appear to be very closely tied together. MM does not go out and search, refuses various items to be donated to the searches of LB and handles the donations. There was a post by MM over on another site. She stated that she and MB and KK were sitting in her store at that time and they did not want what was found on the searches made public. That is understandable. What sent my hinky meter skyrocketing was these same three players sitting around in MM's store together. I just don't get any of these people.

Very good points, Sebastian.  Especially the part I bolded above.  We've discussed this and discussed it, ad nausem.  Still don't know much more than we did in the beginning, cuz of the confusing answers by some, and downright public silence from LE and Mom Baum.  Mom B could jump at interviews and answer some of these confusing things for the media, yet doesn't.  She may have been told by LE to hush and keep things quiet.  But I wish she would at the least say that to the media so we'd understand her silence.  Sigh. 

Lindsey used to come into my old work when she was 8 or 9. She was usually with friends though and during daylight hours.
Hi Jade.  I see you used to work at Gordons.  Can you tell me if they have video cameras and if so are any in the beer aisle?  I assume you lived in Elma and worked in McCleary.  Or at least lived in Elma at one time.  Thanks for the answere in advance.  shortcake

Hi shortcake Wink you must know who I am. Gordon's has cameras. I can't remember if there was one back by the cooler, it seems like there was one back there, that gives a view of the wine section and the floor in front of the beer cooler. To be honest, I never payed much attention to them.

Depending on what type of beer it is, there is a chance the beer could have been purchased from Mikes or Shell station as well.

shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1073 on: September 19, 2009, 10:32:31 AM »

Hi shortcake Wink you must know who I am. Gordon's has cameras. I can't remember if there was one back by the cooler, it seems like there was one back there, that gives a view of the wine section and the floor in front of the beer cooler. To be honest, I never payed much attention to them.

Depending on what type of beer it is, there is a chance the beer could have been purchased from Mikes or Shell station as well.

No sister, I do not know you.  Just from your posts and the wealth of knowledge you bring here.  Many thanks.  Me thinks you have strong roots to the area and probably a local graduate.  But I digress.  I was wondering because "if" the two bottles found by Harry are at all tied to the case, than a trip to Gordons or Mikes could narrow the field.  Bbeer drinkers are like smokers-always the same brand.  I strongly believe it is a local with a 4WD that maybe drank that beer and it wasn't his first time out that ATV road.  Does that make sense?  Please tell me I am wrong.  shortcake
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1074 on: September 19, 2009, 11:19:57 AM »

8:15 PM - THE VIDEO STORE

KaraK
« Reply #992 on: July 04, 2009, 09:13:38 PM
»

Video store - Took place at 8:19 according to the video store records - so it happened before she went home to change. The video store is less than 1/2  block from where the girls were swimming and they went to the video store with the friends who they were swimming with

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864342;topicseen#msg864342

KaraK
« Reply #1001 on: July 04, 2009, 09:51:50 PM »

From what I can tell your time line is pretty right on though there are slight time inconsistencies between my recollection and others so there may be a few minutes difference in everything except for the video store. I believe the girls may have played or talked out in front of Lindsey's for a while before she went in to bathe and change which would take up some of the time

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864364;topicseen#msg864364

The Olympian – June 30, 2009

MCCLEARY – ... Linda Cunningham, owner of McCleary Video, said she remembers Lindsey coming into her store with a group of friends to rent movies around 8:15 Friday night. “They were all laughing and joking and having a good time.”

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/896613.html

9:00 PM - ARRIVES AT THE KAMPEN/WILLIAMS RESIDENCE

The Daily World – July 3, 2009

Kara Kampen said she thought nothing of it when Lindsey Baum walked out of her house at about 9:15 p.m. last Friday.

http://**/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

KOMO News – June 28, 2009

The friend's father, Scott Williams, said he asked Lindsey to go home before it got too dark.

"She was here 10, 15 minutes, and then, you know, we said, 'You should probably get going before it gets dark,' and that was the last we heard of her," he said.

Witnesses say Lindsey seemed normal as she headed out around 9:15.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

TIMELINE

8:15 PM – OBSERVED AT VIDEO STORE
0:00 PM – ARRIVES AT THE BAUM RESIDENCE
0:00 PM - LEAVES THE BAUM RESIDENCE
0:00 PM - THE ARGUMENT - THE BIKE - THE SHELL STATION
0:00 PM - THE INTERVENTION - JOSH IS SENT HOME
9:00 PM - ARRIVES AT THE KAMPEN/WILLIAM’S RESIDENCE
9:15 PM – LEAVES THE KAMPEN/WILLIAMS’S RESIDENCE
9:30 PM - CONFIRMED SIGHTING – 15TH STREET AND MAPLE

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1075 on: September 19, 2009, 11:21:49 AM »

SELF EDIT

15TH AND MAPLE s/b 5TH AND MAPLE

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1076 on: September 19, 2009, 01:25:29 PM »

shortcake-i think you make an excellent point about the beer cans or bottles, they can trace exactly what store the beer was bought at and the store might be able to narrow it down further.  i'm hoping they have surveillance cameras in there or a record of receipts. i hope they checked for fingerprints and dna on the bottle too that way they can see if it matches anyone already in the system.
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1077 on: September 19, 2009, 01:46:38 PM »

No sister, I do not know you.  Just from your posts and the wealth of knowledge you bring here.  Many thanks.  Me thinks you have strong roots to the area and probably a local graduate.  But I digress.  I was wondering because "if" the two bottles found by Harry are at all tied to the case, than a trip to Gordons or Mikes could narrow the field.  Bbeer drinkers are like smokers-always the same brand.  I strongly believe it is a local with a 4WD that maybe drank that beer and it wasn't his first time out that ATV road.  Does that make sense?  Please tell me I am wrong.  shortcake

Did they state what brand of beer it was? I may be able to help out on that. I have a better memory of who came in and bought what, than I do of where the cameras are located. And that depends on if the LE decides if the bottles are related to Lindsey's disappearance, littering of alcohol bottles is not an uncommon thing in this area. Though the ATV road maybe not traveled by the person who was up it, but reading that it was a 6 mile stretch, if Lindsey is up that road somewhere, it is someone who knew that road. There is no telling with receipts either because they could have paid with cash, and also (If they didn't get new machines) there is no credit/debit card information posted on the receipts.

ALSO O/T BUT TO THOSE WHO DO LIVE HERE LOCALLY IN WA, OREGON, IDAHO, WESTERN CANADA/BC AREA!!!! http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090919/ap_on_re_us/us_mental_institution_escape
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1078 on: September 20, 2009, 12:54:39 AM »

O/T BUT TO THOSE WHO DO LIVE HERE LOCALLY IN WA, OREGON, IDAHO, WESTERN CANADA/BC AREA!!!!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090919/ap_on_re_us/us_mental_institution_escape

Re: O/T

grrrrrrrrrr.. had I been on that treatment team, this man would NEVER have been cleared for another day trip again! 

<snipped from the above link>

Patients must be cleared by a treatment team before they can go on trips to stores, parks, and other sites,

<also snipped>

Paul had escaped before.
In 1991, he walked away during a day trip to a Washington lake and was later captured.

WTF were these people thinking?? 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1079 on: September 20, 2009, 12:56:51 AM »

Sorry everyone for not posting lately, haven't fallen off the edge of the earth, am checking in as much as possible.  Been busy in Haleigh's thread, big weekend action in that town. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.