March 18, 2024, 08:22:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 479626 times)
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1160 on: September 23, 2009, 11:43:13 PM »

Michelle Bart is a leach who shows up at the most horrific times to prey on people who are searching for their missing kids.She showed up for the Anthonys too but they are just like her.
I agree! She is now causing havoc in the Amber Dubois case. I just hope she does not keep people from coming out and searching for Lindsey. She needs to be found! I hope a local can follow up on DD's request!
KONAMOCHA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1161 on: September 23, 2009, 11:51:54 PM »

I have enough information now I believe I might know exactly where someone should go search...if anyone reads this, is there locally, able to actually go to where I point out, and will put aside all the bs and just go out there, I will tell you where to go.

I pray that somebody listen to the above posting "quoted"

Quote from: doubledecker
on 09-23-2009 at 09:59:00 PM

I have enough information now I believe I might know exactly where someone should go search...if anyone reads this, is there locally, able to actually go to where I point out, and will put aside all the bs and just go out there, I will tell you where to go.
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1162 on: September 24, 2009, 12:00:31 AM »

Who is Michelle Bart?
KONAMOCHA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1163 on: September 24, 2009, 12:41:12 AM »

hard to explain
let me just give you a link

http://niecey456.wordpress.com/2009/06/29/what-you-should-know-about-the-sunshine-law-the-evidence-in-caylees-case/

look for michelle bart info posted on there

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1164 on: September 24, 2009, 01:52:58 AM »

Who is Michelle Bart?

http://niecey456.wordpress.com/2008/11/19/the-anthonys-spokesperson-kid-finders-spokesperson-michelle-bart/ This link gives a lot of information regarding Michelle Bart. I wonder if MB hired her?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1165 on: September 24, 2009, 02:29:40 AM »

I'm uneasy about how chatter like this forum was, and then all the sudden it just fell silent. I guess I took the silent time to focus my attention to Harry Oakes dog search. I'm not so concerned as to who they have as possible suspects, but more as to what area's have been searched and researched so far. And also if Mason county has been involved at all, since the investigation according to the e-mail, would put the dog sniffing into Mason county. I'm also curious as to why Harry Oakes would e-mail that sort of information out?

Hi Jademoff!  Not sure when exactly the silence that you are talking about began, without going back and looking.  I do know that when things heated up in the Haleigh thread, many of us have been in there nonstop.  Ongoing nonstop madness in that case right now.  Been checking in here at least once a day tho, to see if there has been any news. 

Sometimes it happens this way, when things are happening in one case, we are glued to it, then come back when things get rolling faster in another case.  Doesn't mean we have forgotten Lindsey tho.  IMO. 

I understand there is to be a search the first part of Oct, is that still on, do you know?  Am hoping for a good turnout! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1166 on: September 24, 2009, 02:33:02 AM »

DD, from what I understand there is a search planned for the first part of Oct.  Maybe they could take your info, split up into groups and do both?  Just a thought. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
KONAMOCHA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1167 on: September 24, 2009, 02:35:33 AM »

that would be great wyks ... if only we could believe they would actually do that .... sigh

I have lost my faith in them

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1168 on: September 24, 2009, 05:30:02 AM »

KarmaR, did the Don man on the radio say he would bring 500 people to help search?  Wonder why that hasn't happened.
I don't know Sister,I didn't listen to Don's show.
Someone at WS did post that the McCleary LE promised to speak at the upcoming vigil for Lindsey(Saturday,9/26/09)although IMO all we'll hear will be they are working on the case intensely behind the scenes.

Sorry, I thought it was you that I got the link from.
Yeah, we need the tape recorders running for LE enlightment -- duh!  I've tried very hard to give them the benefit of all doubts about not sharing info and I do understand there may be some things they can't share so not to compromise the investigation, but they could say they are following promising leads or something! or they have no leads and they need the public's help.  I don't think they are even showing up for the searches.  Now that is messed up!
I think I did post the link to Don's radio show but I didn't listen to it and haven't read any comments from anyone anywhere who did listen to it.
I think some people are getting"soured"on this case because(well one reason)of Michelle Bart inserting her nasty self into it.
Although Melissa Baum said she did not hire Michelle Bart.....just having a leach like Michelle Bart around would scare anyone away from helping with the case.
I have read that the LE have shown up for the searches but they were not involved in the searches.

KarmaR, I did listen to it.  He said he thinks it's a local and he was in McCleary for a search and talked about that.  He said he can get 500 searchers to come and help.
Michelle Bart -- I know MelissaB wants all the help she can get -- but you are so right, that's hurting them and not helping them.
Michelle Bart is a leach who shows up at the most horrific times to prey on people who are searching for their missing kids.She showed up for the Anthonys too but they are just like her.

So Don did say he could have 500 people help search for Lindsey.....thanks for the info.I guess we will see if he's for real or just shooting off his mouth when they do the next upcoming search.
That would be great if 500 people showed up,the media would show up then I bet.

He was also saying the search that he went to was so disorganized.  He was not very gentle about the search organization nor LE.  That's why he said, if they would get their act together he could get that many people there.  I guess he doesn't want to have 500 people going around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I did read where the searches got off to a rocky start but never read they were that disorganized.I would hope it wasn't that bad because Mark(?)Klaas from Klaas Kids and the Laura Recovery group were both in McCleary helping them get searches organized.I don't think these 2 groups actually searched but they helped get them set up.This is so confusing.

That's what the radio man said, very, very disorganized.  Just going by what he said and as he was there and did search.  Said, he finally went off on his own to search.  Apparently, the search had a profound effect on him.
Can you post anything else he has said?

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1169 on: September 24, 2009, 05:41:52 AM »

DD, from what I understand there is a search planned for the first part of Oct.  Maybe they could take your info, split up into groups and do both?  Just a thought. 

DD has corresponded with JenniferO from WS before.JenniferO is directly involved with the searches for Lindsey.Why doesn't DD just give this info to JenniferO? Or is there a reason why this info cannot be shared with JenniferO?I understand that DD cannot share that info on here but DD does have contact with at least one local(who is directly involved in the searches although JenniferO does come off kinda bossy at times)

Karma Is Coming

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1170 on: September 24, 2009, 09:54:51 AM »

I Pray an able bodied local contacts you to help find her !!
Wow, me too 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1171 on: September 24, 2009, 10:30:41 AM »

KarmaR, did the Don man on the radio say he would bring 500 people to help search?  Wonder why that hasn't happened.
Someone at WS did post that the McCleary LE promised to speak at the upcoming vigil for Lindsey(Saturday,9/26/09)although IMO all we'll hear will be they are working on the case intensely behind the scenes.

Yeah, we need the tape recorders running for LE enlightment -- duh!  I've tried very hard to give them the benefit of all doubts about not sharing info and I do understand there may be some things they can't share so not to compromise the investigation, but they could say they are following promising leads or something! or they have no leads and they need the public's help.  I don't think they are even showing up for the searches.  Now that is messed up!
I think I did post the link to Don's radio show but I didn't listen to it and haven't read any comments from anyone anywhere who did listen to it.
I think some people are getting"soured"on this case because(well one reason)of Michelle Bart inserting her nasty self into it.
Although Melissa Baum said she did not hire Michelle Bart.....just having a leach like Michelle Bart around would scare anyone away from helping with the case.
I have read that the LE have shown up for the searches but they were not involved in the searches.

KarmaR, I did listen to it.  He said he thinks it's a local and he was in McCleary for a search and talked about that.  He said he can get 500 searchers to come and help.
Michelle Bart -- I know MelissaB wants all the help she can get -- but you are so right, that's hurting them and not helping them.

So Don did say he could have 500 people help search for Lindsey.....thanks for the info.I guess we will see if he's for real or just shooting off his mouth when they do the next upcoming search.

He was also saying the search that he went to was so disorganized.  He was not very gentle about the search organization nor LE.  That's why he said, if they would get their act together he could get that many people there.  I guess he doesn't want to have 500 people going around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I did read where the searches got off to a rocky start but never read they were that disorganized.I would hope it wasn't that bad because Mark(?)Klaas from Klaas Kids and the Laura Recovery group were both in McCleary helping them get searches organized.I don't think these 2 groups actually searched but they helped get them set up.This is so confusing.

That's what the radio man said, very, very disorganized.  Just going by what he said and as he was there and did search.  Said, he finally went off on his own to search.  Apparently, the search had a profound effect on him.

KarmaR, I listened to it, wrote down some notes, but they're just notes.  I don't know if they have transcripts, I would doubt it as it is radio and not tv.  Sorry.  I do know he was surprised that more wasn't being done and that what was done was disorganized and how frustrated he felt.  He did say he had a LE buddy in another jurisdiction he was going to talk to about it, he felt so strongly.  I really hesitate to write my notes about it, as so many times things here get cut apart and sometimes taken out of context.  I can find my notes, but again, it isn't that I don't want to share, but it would just be my perspective of what he said.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1172 on: September 24, 2009, 10:51:20 AM »

I Pray an able bodied local contacts you to help find her !!
Wow, me too 

me three

KONAMOCHA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1173 on: September 24, 2009, 12:23:29 PM »

This is one of the interviews

Monday, August 31, 2009
3:00 pm-4:00 pm

Don went down to McCreary, WA to help out in the search for Lindsey Baum. Rick Scott, the Grays Harbor County undersheriff talked to Ron and Don about the abduction. Don talks about what it was like to go down and search for Lindsey.

Don:
I’ll tell you what this taught me, And I’ve never gone on a search for a little girl before, missing person, but this taught me because you had neighbours here that could have gotten involved, much earlier, they could have contacted law enforcement, and it’s kind of a, would’ve, could’ve, should’ve, down in California right now but that brings us to the story, of a little girl who is 10 years old, down in McCleary County, and she is, she’s missing right now, in fact she went missing on June 26th and here to help us tell the story, Rick Scott is here with Grey’s Harbour County. He is the undersheriff there. Rick, thanks for stopping by The Ron & Don show this afternoon, I really appreciate it and how are you?

Rick: I’m doing well, thank you.

Don:
Could you tell everybody kind of the Lindsey Baum story and what we know at this point just to kind of reset, for those of our listeners right now, that may not be familiar with Lindsey’s story.

Rick:
Well on June 26th of this year, Lindsey disappeared walking home from a friends house in mcCleary, Wash. And she was last seen at about 9:30 pm, by locals that we identified who knew her from living in a small town. She was headed home to her residence roughly 3-4 blocks from that location on one of the secondary streets there in McCleary when she was last seen, ultimately did not return by 10:00 pm as she’d been told by her mother. Following that, her mom called around trying to find her, failing to do so, she went out looking for her herself, then at about 10:50pm that evening, reported her missing to the McCleary police department. They began then to aid in the search for her looking around town. By the following morning, she had not been found our department was contacted then and search and recue resources were activated on that Saturday, and that essentially kicked off what has been a massive search for Lindsey. At first focussing on searching in and around McCleary with the use of search & Rescue volunteers, at times totalled about 100 people were used to search in and around the community. We also within 24 hrs of her disappearance began to activate law enforcement resources in the belief that this was beginning to look more like a criminal investigation then a missing child so to speak, and that’s when I was brought in then.

Don:
Now Rick, have you found ok, have you found any evidence, a shoe or a piece of clothing or any sort of witnesses?

Rick:
 Nothing has been found that speaks definitively to any scenario or any specific set of circumstances that would account for her disappearance. We found no physical evidence. We’ve had literally 100’s and 100’s of tips and clues, thoughts and guesses called in since the onset of this investigation we’ve had FBI, our department, and neighbouring police jurisdictions all partnering to follow up on these leads.

Don: Is that unusual Rick, to not have any shred of evidence?

Rick:
 That’s very unusual, it’s very frustrating and as well, because normally we find some piece of information, that leads to a piece of evidence that will then speak to a specific series of events so that we will at least have some idea of what happened, but in this case, we have this young girl, who is seen walking home on a nice summer night who literally disappears into thin air.

Don:
 Rick Scott’s with us, Grey’s Harbour Co. undersheriff there. The website is findlindseybuam.com. Ah Rick, as far as, ah, I talked to Lindsey’s mom, I met Melissa, and I uh know that she had to go through a lie detector test, in fact she couldn’t wait to go though a lie detector test because I guess a lot of times you look at family members, you look at friends. Um how many people have gone though lie detector tests at this point and uh, uh has everyone passed with flying colors

Rick:
 Well at this point because this is an ongoing criminal investigation, I’m not at liberty to discuss just how many people we’ve polygraphed or what the results of that might be, um I can confirm with you because Melissa has shared with you that she took a polygraph, as did her friends’ father um as they were the last two adults who would have had contact with her, and they both voluntarily asked to undergo the polygraph, so that we could rule them out early on and focus recourses elsewhere. But beyond that, I can tell you that we have polygraphed other people, and I can’t really discuss who and how many, and certainly not the outcome of that. A lot of the things that we know at this point, were things that we have been able to use to rule events out, but because we are so lacking in physical evidence and so lacking in a specific scenario to focus on, I really can’t comment too much publicly about what we do and don’t know.

Don:
So you’re saying the last adults to see her, but the last. Is the last person to see her, her brother Josh, or was there someone else who saw her before she disappeared?

Rick:
You know the last person to see her obviously are those passing motorists, and the people in the community that were able to help us pinpoint the last point she was seen. Um the last person to have contact with her was her friends’ family, who’s residence she had left to walk home, so there were different people who played roles that could be looked at as being the last person, I mean the last person to go for a walk with her was Josh and her friend, as they were walking to her friends home from her house earlier that evening. And the last people to have conversation with her friend and her friends’ family

Don:
 And I guess the frustration Rick, I asked someone to just kind of walk me to the point to where they felt that Lindsey had disappeared, and the difficulty is, when you look at that little township there, there’s only about 1500 people that live there, and you’d really have to go out of your way to find it. I drove down there on Saturday, 90 miles from my house one way. And I really had to go out of my way to find it, and then once I did, and I saw the place where she had disappeared from, I mean, you look 300-500 yards in any direction, and you’re off in the woods, aren’t ya. There’s a lot of woods there for you guys to cover.

Rick:
There’s a tremendous amount of timber land that surrounds the McCleary area, I mean the biggest source of employment in that area has been the timber industry and there’s a huge Simpson door plant mill that’s part of the town, so there’s clearly a lot of a uninhabited forest land that surrounds the immediate McCleary area. It’s a very small, a very close knit community and again, that’s why, early on you look at the potential for this being a family or a friend or acquaintance related event verses a stranger abduction scenario, but without any evidence to suggest specifically a scenario that can be supported by evidence, we have to look at this comprehensively, and anything’s possible.

Ron:
Hey Rick, as a civilian ya know, and we have just 100’s of 1000’s of people listening to the Ron & Don show, should they just keep their lookout for ah, you know should you be suspicious every time you see a 10 or 11 year old girl. Should you look for bizarre behaviour, I mean what do we look for, even if we’re hiking though the woods down by Olympia.

Don:
 Hang on, hang on let me jump in here cause it was kind of interesting Rick, ah Poly Klass, there foundation or organization just sent somebody down to McCleary to help with kind of a grid search, and what this gentlemen told me, I want to see if it jives with you. He said what would really be helpful, is there is a lot of private property out there, that we need to cover, that we can’t necessarily cover. You can’t just walk up to somebody’s private property and start opening up doors and looking inside old boats and old trailers. He said what would really be helpful, is that people, especially with Labour Day approaching, you’re going to be out on bike, you’re going to be out on 4 wheelers, you’re going to be out fishing, all of us are going to be out playing all over the great Pacific northwest. He said it would be really helpful #1 if people had their head on a swivel, and you got off that 4 wheeler and you took a look, especially if you’re down south of us in Seattle, And then Rick, he said the other thing is if you have private property, when you go home tonight, you should walk your private property, if you have a shed that you haven’t been in, in an awful long time, if you have a boat that you know has a cover on it, and you haven’t been in that boat in an awful long time or you haven’t opened that garage door, by all means walk that property, because a lot of search and rescue teams, they’re not allowed on that private property. So does that jive with you, do you feel that would be helpful?

Rick:
Most certainly, and early on in the investigation, we were going door to door with both search & rescue volunteers and law enforcement personal, particularly in that corridor in and around where she was last seen. Knocking on doors and asking to search homes. Look under them, in them, attics you know unattached buildings, under storage areas and in storage areas. And the community, the outpouring of support that we received from the community was overwhelming in that regard and everyone was allowing us to look and was joining in that effort to look, and neighbours were looking in their own homes, and in their neighbours homes, and everyone was working cooperatively to do just that. But there is just such a huge amount of land that surrounds McCleary and most of which is privately owned, is we’ve been reaching out to those property owners to do just what you described, and we’ve asked that they continue to that, and as the land, publicly accessible lands that are privately owned become opened up to the public with hunting season and berry picking seasons and all of the different recreational activities that occur down here, we are asking those property owners you know do just that and we’ve had a large number of them voluntarily make areas available to the search & rescue people. The department of natural resources spent a tremendous amount of time putting their personnel on lands that they have access to as has the department of wildlife and other people that use that professionally and recreationally. So we’re trying to get everybody to do exactly what you described, and that’s, you know, walk your own property, walk those areas you’re familiar with, look for anything that’s suspicious, look for anything that might give us that little piece of information that we’ll need to bring Lindsey home.

Don:
 findlindseybaum.com, they have search crews going out every weekend, if you want to be a part of that like I was this weekend, go to that website and they’ll tell you how. Rick, anything else, if anybody has any kind of ideas, should they just call 911 or do you got a tip line we can give out?

Rick:
 We’ve got the Lindsey Baum tip line, there’s a dedicated e-mail address that you can use that will, it’s on our website if they go to greys county service departments website, if you go to any of the websites that are out there, there’s lindseybaum.com, there’s findlindseybaum.com. The local news media all has websites available, there’s just a number of ways that they can get the information to us, the toll free tip line is 866-915-8299, ah you can call the Greys Harbour county sheriffs department at area code 360-249-3711 ext 543 is a dedicated tip line that goes directly to the detectives and the FBI agents t we have assigned to this case full time. So there’s a number of ways that they can get the information to us but if all else fails yes you can call the 911 centre particularly if it’s urgent information so we can get officers there immediately.

Don:
We’ll do it Rick, great job thanks for being on top of this , when we come back, I’ll tell you about my experience.

Ron: Ya, I definitely want to hear about that.

Don: And looking for Lindsey Baum. Lets find Lindsey Baum, check out that website findlindseybaum.com and also if you want to see a picture of her, and the pictures of our search over the weekend mynorthwest.com, just click on the Ron & Don show page.

Don: 3:28, so for the weekend I went down to ah McCleary

Ron: Just outside of Olympia right?

Don:
Way outside, way outside, almost 100 mile one way. And I’ll tell you this, who ever took this little girl, knew this little girl. There 1522 people that live there, and I went to that exact spot where she was taken, and ah, there some information that was share with me that I can’t share with you. Or that at least I promises not to share, so I won’t. But there is no way uh, that someone was just you know, driving down I-5 and happened to end up in McCrealy, that did not happen, It can’t, there’s 1522 people that live there and here’s the difficulty for searchers down there, if you go 3,4,500 yards in any directions, you are in some very, dense woods, and then you are also in some private property, and then there’s a lot of people that have just dumped a lot of junk out there. There’s a lot of junk dumping going on. So I went off in some of the areas of some of the woods with my dog Nolan, she was all over the place on all different kinds of scents
Ron: Well she is a hound.

Don:
 Ya finding all kinds of stuff, and I just, I believe that who ever did this to this little girl, knew this little girl. I believe it. I believe they either live in that area or they were visiting someone that knew in that area, but there’s no way that this was a stranger, because no one in this town, I went around, I went door to door, I went to some other areas like Roy, and Shelton and I dropped off some of these flyers on windshields, I’m telling you, everybody in this town knows that she is missing and there’s signs all over that town. In fact I took a picture of some of those signs and I put them up on mynorthwest.com, as well as a picture of her. Someone in that town knows exactly what happened to her. And then my other concern was, I was asking who’s had a lye detector. And I called the FBI this morning. In fact I called, lets do this we got to get to the news.

Ron: I have some specific questions I want to ask you.

Don:
I called the FBI this morning, because I’m so concerned about people that have not taken a lie detector test, and I wanted some answers, and I’ll tell you what I found out, and I was shocked, after the news.

Don:
 Hi 3:35 news talk 97.3 kiro FM Lindsey Baum. From down in McCleary has been missing for almost 2 months now, and I think because a lot of us have ah, a renewed interest because of this case down in California, which brought us some renewed interest in this case and I just want to thank Rick Scott, the undersheriff there for Greys Harbour County for stopping by the Ron & Don show.

Ron:
 I’m curious, I wasn’t able to go, but in my mind and I imagined it to be the Hollywood version cause I’ve never been on one of these searches and so, how, what was your expectations going in and is there the guy in the blue FBI jacket with the yellow letters on the back, that has the bull horn, and was there some tension and you know what I mean, just the environment, was it on edge or what? What was it like in real life?

Don:
Well, you get to ah, when you drive into McCleary, Because there is 1522 people there and the downtown, if you blink, you kind of miss it, and you’ll see signs up all over the place about where’s our Lindsey, help us find Lindsey, If you go to the little coffee shops, everybody has a picture of Lindsey in the windows.
Ron: Ya I saw some of those on the blogs.

Don: So I put some of those on her blog, and so everybody in that little town knows that she is missing.

Ron: Because I would think when you get there, there has to be some sort of organization of places they’ve searched already, places you haven’t searched, maybe a direction or where you started at the epicentre or work you way out or how does it work?

Don:
Well, that’s the problem, like Rick told us, it’s been 2 months and they really don’t have a clue, and they don’t have a shoe, and when you don’t have a clue, and you don’t have a shoe it’s hard to continue to look, cause you don’t know where to look, and so as far as I could tell, it’s been kind of placed in the families hands at this point to search, so I went to the McCleary County community centre with my dog, and when we got there, the first person to come out and greet me was Lindsey’s brother, his name’s Josh. So Josh and I had a conversation, and he said are you here to help me find my sister? And I said Yah, I’m here to help find your sister. And he said, well, let me introduce you to my mom. So I met Melissa and ah, you know, I mean, what do you say to somebody when you meet them, and their daughter who was 10 who’ now 11, I mean it’s, you can’t say hey, how you doing? (I think he says)You don’t.
Ron: (Can’t make out what he says)

Don:
So she has pins all over, she has the help find Lindsey sweatshirt on, and you could tell that this process has really put her through the ringer.
Ron: But there’s no um law enforcement management on this site?

Don:
 You know what? When I went into McCleary, I am just telling you my experience, there was nobody there from law enforcement, there was some really great volunteers in there, and I guess what they begun to do is actually Polly Klass, if you remember that particular story, of the young girl that didn’t come home, her dad has started a foundation, and what he has done is he has trained people on how to do grid searches and how to find little girls and little boys. And so there was a gentleman that just got there a couple of days ago and he looks, I mean he has on a, I think I believe his mane is Mike, and Mike has on this shirt that says he’s the director of a search and he has patches all over his arms and he looks official but he’s from the Polly Klass organization that was flown in he he’s not from (inaudible)…

Ron:
 Did he, did he even have something as simple as a map like quadranted off, a you are here button or even like that?

Don:
I’m just telling you what I saw. I think what happened is, I think they had all of these search & rescue teams coming in and Rick was sharing that us, and I think they did there own grid searches, but now it’s kind of up to the family to search, and they didn’t know how to do that, and so by having the gentlemen, by having Mike in from Polly Klass from that particular organization. And he’s here for the next 6 or 7 days. What he’s doing, is he’s teaching them how to actually do a grid search because they haven’t been doing that. They’re just, you know, Bob’s walking down this trail and Joe’s walking down that trail, and who ever show up, they just putt together some teams
Ron: Pardon my ignorance, but is that, do you just form a grid and do people stand literally arm and arm and walk in a straight line or what. Is that what a grid search is?

Don:
Exactly, and here’s the problem they’re having is because they’re 90 miles almost a 100 miles from us to the south, and is not easy to find and I got lost 3 times going down there and that was with GPS. It is not, it is not an easy place to find, and so, and like on Friday for instance, we just shared the story about what was happening down there and that they were starting these search crews, and I was really glad to see people like Mike Davis, who came down who is part of the (I’m sorry, I can’t understand this part), and Mike said, he lives in Gig Harbour and so he came down, and you walk in and you sign up with a team and they give you an area to search, ah there were a couple of other ladies that were there a part of (can’t understand), you put on vests and then they kind of give you a 5 minute briefing about how to do a grid search and then you come back and they tell you not to touch anything, if you see anything that looks suspicious to kind of take a picture of it and to write things down and to take notes, and after you do that grid search, you come back and then you do another grid search, but this right now is kind of all on the family, it’s kind of on that town, on that little township there to get as many people out as they can to do the searches.

Ron:
 Knowing you as long as I have, one thing you do have a very good intuition about people and about situations most of the time, and so ah how did you have any of your Don and the Ron Dawn intuitions or insights or lightening bolt flashes and you said ah I see something interesting or anything like that happen at all while you were down there?
Don: Ya it did because I asked someone, who knew where she was taken, to walk me, and you can see, where she was taken, from the community centre and it’s a very small town and so I walked over a couple of blocks with my dog Nola, and they said, we think she was taken from here, kind of where this telephone pole is, and I’m telling you, who ever took her, who ever did harm to her, and I hope, I hope and pray that she is still alive. But who ever did what they did with her was somebody in that town. It was somebody who knew her, it was somebody that was vi, you you, as I said before you wouldn’t be driving down I-5 and end up in McCleary. I wouldn’t

Ron: Is it on the way to anywhere?
Don: No

Ron: It’s not like you’re going from here to there and you pass through McCleary?

Don:
 I wouldn’t have known that unless I drove out there. It is on the way to nowhere and you really got to go out of your way to get there, and then once you get there, everybody knows your name. So, I think what ever happened to her, I think somebody knew her and I just, it’s not like you know, Elizabeth Smart for instants in Salt Lake City, where somebody came into her bedroom for instance, and we know the connections there, we talked to Ed Smart
about that last week. This is not a major metropolitan area, It’s not even close, it is on the way to nowhere.

Ron: So the chances of her of getting thrown into a car and driven to who knows where.

Don:
Well that could have happened Ron, but I have a really hard time believing, that it was just some stranger, and even when we talked to Rick, you could kind of hear the undercurrents of, and so what I did, I was so concerned about this and so distraught when I came home, we only had about 40 searcher show up.
Ron: But did you feel like you got anything done that you contributed at all?

Don:
No, and I walked some trails with my dog and I went and I handed out some pamphlets, and I came home feeling very distraught about this, and so what I did, was I picked up the phone and I called a detective of the Seattle police department I know very well, detective Mike Migahn(sp?), and I told him some things that I’m not going to share with you, and I said hey I got some theories, and I know some people that haven’t had lie detector tests, and I shared it with him, and he said you know what, you gotta call the FBI. I am going to get you in tough with the guy who ah who is in charge of this with the federal level. So I talked with that gentleman this morning. He did a great job and followed up on me, that’s with me, that’s the reason we got Rick Scott on the air. And I guess the FBI is actually kind of working in conjunction with Rick, and so…

Ron: Are they aware of the things you were thinking?

Don: Well I don’t know…

Ron: I know you can’t say exactly what you’re thinking,

Don: I can’t even come close to what I’m thinking, but I’m definitely thinking it.

Ron: But are they aware?

Don: What?

Ron: I mean you communicated what you think to the Federal FBI.

Don:
 I communicated and I’m not going to say who I communicated it to, but I communicated what I thought. After going down there and I talked to a lot of people there about this particular situation, some of the stuff is not in the papers, and I communicated what I thought about what could have happened, and some people that they really need to talk to, sit down, interview and give a lie detector test to, and ah…

Ron: So you did have a strong intuition

Don:
Really strong. Really ya. Really strong intuition, and it’s, I’m telling you right now, It’s somebody in that area. She’s in that area.

Ron: Ok, not to make light of this but you’re kind of like the mentalist

Don: Right I am Ya

Ron: without the vest

Don:
 So this is what I am gonna ask, if she not found over Labour day, and I know a lot of people have Labour day prob.. the difficulty is this is in doing grid searches is to do a really great grid search in that area. We need about 300, 400 people to show up down there, it’s not gonna happen this weekend because it’s labour day and I get it. But if we haven’t found that little girl yet, what I am gonna ask that we do, and we didn’t give you a lot of notice on Friday, to change all of your plans for Saturday morning, that’s not fair, but for the people who did show up I really appreciate it, and it is a long, long drive but, the following weekend, If they haven’t found her yet, ah we need to try to get 300 of us down there, and really do a grid search. In my mind, right in that area because, there are woods everywhere, and this is also what I’m going to ask. Is if you live within 50 mile of McCleary, would you do this, either tonight, this week, or over the weekend, would you walk your property? Because I even saw, a lot of property that I couldn’t go on, and I saw all of these abandoned buildings, I saw abandon boats, I saw abandoned washers and dryers, so many places you where you could stash a little girl and you can’t walk on to that property and search, and neither could any of these search and recue teams. You can’t do that either unless you get permission, And a lot of time people aren’t home.

Ron:
You know another thing is to think differently about it. If I was going to look on my property, I wouldn’t think to look under my barn, but then when Frank the dog gets scared, Boom. He goes under and he’d be about the size of a 10 year old girl or an 11 year old girl about the same size, they could go underneath there, it’s not something that I would ever do, and if I were searching I would have to stop and think. Oh ya, I should get down on my hands and knees with a flash light and look under the barn. And in those types of situations like you’re talking about.

Don:
 Ya but lets say you’re on a mountain bike team and you’re gonna be out mountain biking weekend, why not get off you’re mountain bike and take a look, or maybe you’re gonna be fishing, or hunting and fishing you know you know what’s going to happen and I hope she’s still alive, I really do but if she’s not still alive and this is a recovery situation, it’s gonna be somebody out there that’s fishing, it’s gonna be somebody out there that’s riding their bike, it’s gonna be somebody out there that was going for a hunt or a hike, and they’re gonna be the ones to fine her.

Ron:
 If it was someone that she knew, then the chances would be that she would be closer, rather then farther.

Don: I think so. I think it was someone that she knew, but I think it’s closer rather then farther, but you know talking to Melissa, her mom, there’s just you know an amazing woman, well we’re going to continue to believe that she’s still alive, and so is it’s ah if it’s ah recovery situation though then, I’m just going to ask everyone who lives within 50 miles of McCleary and if you don’t know where it is, then just Google it, or when you get home put the map up.

Ron: It basically just west of Olympia.
Don: Ya, just think about your property right now, out in Maple Valley and you got 10 Acers out there, if someone did harm to someone, they could hide it on your property and you might not find it for 5 years because there’s so many different places right.

Ron: I was out there this weekend and there’s 100 places I didn’t go.

Don:
So please look in those 100 places, and if you’re spending some time with family & friends, just remember that there’s a little girl out there that’s not spending time with her family & her friends, and maybe we can find her. So findlindseybaum.com is the website. If you have any tip that you want to give Greys harbour or the FBI, you could just go to that website or mynorthwest.com, click on the Ron & Don show page and if you want to see a picture of her, or her mom, or just information about her on mynorthwest.com. Alright, we just gotta do a much, much better job at making sure that when the sun goes down that the night is still ok for our kids, right, unbelievable 3:47, thanks for listening to me blabber on but I think it’s important that we find Lindsey, we gotta check the cars too. This is Ron & Don, new as we see it right here on news talk 97.3 kiro FM.

This is from Aug 31st 2009

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1174 on: September 24, 2009, 01:15:38 PM »

Thanks so much for posting this.

Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1175 on: September 24, 2009, 05:15:52 PM »

Kona, thank you for the typed out interview.

There are woods across the street from my house and everyday I take a peek into the woods to see if I see something suspicious. I'm not sure if any of it is private property though, so I don't venture into it unless I see something odd. I will expand my walks over the next few days to see if the dog and I find anything unusual. My dog has an incredible sniffer on him, one of the only dogs I've seen that stuffs his face into the ground when he picks up a smell. Though I have my doubts she is up here, she isn't found yet, so there is the chance.

Another thing I look and listen for is large scavenger type birds making a circle above an area. I don't think Washington has vultures, but we have a bird that is in the same family... and then of course the crows.

sherip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1176 on: September 24, 2009, 05:35:18 PM »

DD - I have been a searcher on all of the organized searches for Lindsey so far and I will go anywhere you direct me.  Please contact me and let me know how big of an area, and how many people are needed to cover area.  There are a lot of good serious searchers willing to help.  I can email ssKlaas or you can to get my contact information.

Thanks
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1177 on: September 24, 2009, 07:37:14 PM »

KarmaR, I listened to it, wrote down some notes, but they're just notes.  I don't know if they have transcripts, I would doubt it as it is radio and not tv.  Sorry.  I do know he was surprised that more wasn't being done and that what was done was disorganized and how frustrated he felt.  He did say he had a LE buddy in another jurisdiction he was going to talk to about it, he felt so strongly.  I really hesitate to write my notes about it, as so many times things here get cut apart and sometimes taken out of context.  I can find my notes, but again, it isn't that I don't want to share, but it would just be my perspective of what he said.
Ahh,I see Sister and understand.Someone at WS said they read the transcript from Don's radio show so I thought there might be a transcript floating around out there.I'll have to look for it this weekend.Thank you for the info you did post though.

Karma Is Coming

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1178 on: September 24, 2009, 07:41:20 PM »

KarmaR, Kona posted one the shows that I heard -- the transcript is above. Very interesting about his "strong" feelings after talking with some of the locals.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1179 on: September 24, 2009, 08:14:03 PM »

Thank you Kona!
For the radio show transcript.
1)So Don knows something that he cannot share,let's hope he shared it with the right LE or FBI person.

2)I don't like under Sheriff Rick Scott.I don't know why but he gives me a weird feeling.....something about him.

3)So everyone and their Gramma is telling people"search your out buildings,barns,old cars etc.That is a good idea but sometimes I wish they wouldn't say that.....that's like telling a murderer/kidnapper/some freaky sicko"search your property"and the sicko says"okey dokey smokey,consider it done!"

4)I would like the people(LE & KaraK & Media) in McCleary to get out a map and map out Lindsey's at least 6 block walk home from KaraK's house and tell me again how it's 3 to 4 blocks long and is a 7 minute walk.

5)I'm sorry for my pissyness.

6)Please keep Lindsey in your daily thoughts and prayers.

an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.