March 19, 2024, 03:03:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 479696 times)
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1640 on: September 27, 2009, 12:31:28 AM »

I must be blind. I went to the Lindsey baum website and could not find what time the vigil is tonight. Does anyone know?
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1641 on: September 27, 2009, 12:32:43 AM »

I can remember a time in August, I  believe, after Lindsay had been gone for a while , and the general theme on the thread was there was not much action, there had been little LE action after the first few days, and the town itself had seem to go back to being rather apathetic. I wondered out loud why there had been no more further more thorough searches along her route home. I was told with out probably cause most residence would not be willing to let the LE searchers on their property even signing forms that they were only looking for Lindsey and her whereabouts.

I had post after post about the 5th amendment rights, it was impossible, and a million reason why people there wouldn't voluntarily let search their property for a missing girl. In a small town if one of you own was lost, it sounded so strange to me. I was pretty sure there were old wells and septic tanks, plus basements that, as far as I could see, had not been looked. After getting such negative response begin to go back to reading along again.

When poor little Robert Manwell's body was found in the irrigation ditch in Idaho, I did make a post that day about why was it that people in the Boise looked, and looked and searched every day until he was found. The police had news conferences and asked for help in searching and it came from neighboring towns. There were news updates everyday from the police working on the case and tell people how they could help. And help the people did. And I asked why that didn't happen in McCleary, Washington.

I realize McCreary is a small town, and small le dept but there are other towns in the area, and even larger County Sheriff's offices in nearby country that would come if ony they had been asked. They can offer their help but if a LE department feels their territory is going to be trampled, or they have some other reason they don't outsiders in, it won't happen. I have still not understand the general apathy, and why the State police with their expertise wasn't called in. The FBI should have had more presents than an assitant special agent who only came a shot time, and must have had quite a bit of territory to cover.

I still don't have the answer to my questions, and it may not be for me to know. The things I have read tonight have given me another insight into the inter workings of a little town. I am sure there must be those that want to help but feel helpless, or fearful, don't want to get involved.....but something like a missing child should have been THE most important thing to happen in the town. I still have not been understand there was a festival and parade just a week or so after she was missing. It was like she was never there.  I feel as though I know no more tonight that I did the night I post that.

I am very tired tonight and discouraged. I pray Lindsey is found, and the chips fall whre the may. I thought the same night I ever heard Lindsey Baum's name. God Bless you Lindsey,  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1642 on: September 27, 2009, 12:42:19 AM »

Fanny just saw your nanners.  Some coming your way.

Nanners your way.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1643 on: September 27, 2009, 12:43:37 AM »

Yes, Fannie I remember your frustration.  My frustration was mounting, but the strangeness/darkness had already descended around this case, this town and it's citizens.  IMO

Also, the response by Robert's neighbors and townspeople was like night and day compared to this one.  You are so right.

Prayers for Lindsey
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1644 on: September 27, 2009, 12:46:11 AM »

I must be blind. I went to the Lindsey baum website and could not find what time the vigil is tonight. Does anyone know?

I think I read it started at 8pm WA time.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1645 on: September 27, 2009, 12:48:39 AM »

I can remember a time in August, I  believe, after Lindsay had been gone for a while , and the general theme on the thread was there was not much action, there had been little LE action after the first few days, and the town itself had seem to go back to being rather apathetic. I wondered out loud why there had been no more further more thorough searches along her route home. I was told with out probably cause most residence would not be willing to let the LE searchers on their property even signing forms that they were only looking for Lindsey and her whereabouts.

I had post after post about the 5th amendment rights, it was impossible, and a million reason why people there wouldn't voluntarily let search their property for a missing girl. In a small town if one of you own was lost, it sounded so strange to me. I was pretty sure there were old wells and septic tanks, plus basements that, as far as I could see, had not been looked. After getting such negative response begin to go back to reading along again.

When poor little Robert Manwell's body was found in the irrigation ditch in Idaho, I did make a post that day about why was it that people in the Boise looked, and looked and searched every day until he was found. The police had news conferences and asked for help in searching and it came from neighboring towns. There were news updates everyday from the police working on the case and tell people how they could help. And help the people did. And I asked why that didn't happen in McCleary, Washington.

I realize McCreary is a small town, and small le dept but there are other towns in the area, and even larger County Sheriff's offices in nearby country that would come if ony they had been asked. They can offer their help but if a LE department feels their territory is going to be trampled, or they have some other reason they don't outsiders in, it won't happen. I have still not understand the general apathy, and why the State police with their expertise wasn't called in. The FBI should have had more presents than an assitant special agent who only came a shot time, and must have had quite a bit of territory to cover.

I still don't have the answer to my questions, and it may not be for me to know. The things I have read tonight have given me another insight into the inter workings of a little town. I am sure there must be those that want to help but feel helpless, or fearful, don't want to get involved.....but something like a missing child should have been THE most important thing to happen in the town. I still have not been understand there was a festival and parade just a week or so after she was missing. It was like she was never there.  I feel as though I know no more tonight that I did the night I post that.

I am very tired tonight and discouraged. I pray Lindsey is found, and the chips fall whre the may. I thought the same night I ever heard Lindsey Baum's name. God Bless you Lindsey,  an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey

Isaiah 40:31 NKJV
But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Isaiah 55:8-9
My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,' says the Lord.
'For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Good Night Monkeys and God Bless.

Janet
9:50 PM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1646 on: September 27, 2009, 01:05:50 AM »

an angelic monkey

Isaiah 40:31 NKJV
But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Isaiah 55:8-9
My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,' says the Lord.
'For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Good Night Monkeys and God Bless.

Janet
9:50 PM PT

I am going to take the bible verses you have given me, and and take my tired, discouraged body to bed. Mybe God will give me an answer in my sleep, as has often happened.

Good Night Janet, and everybody. Maybe tomorrow Lindsey will be found.  an angelic monkey

shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1647 on: September 27, 2009, 01:28:36 AM »

As for the case.  I  huge buzz going on around McCleary and over to Elma.  but who knows if it is true, I will just wait.

DD, what was the huge buzz?  I have been to both towns in the last two days and have heard nothing.  Just the oposite.  Maybe someone is lying to you, but please don't just post possible rumor.  shortcake
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1648 on: September 27, 2009, 02:05:14 AM »

I have been searching for truth in this case.  Today I walked the path HO went on with his dogs.  I walked up about 3/4 mi. up the path to the death scent.  I now have a different perspective.  You would have to make the trip yourself to come to an understanding.  Totally different than I imagined.  I believe HO went up this trail, but I really don't feel Lindsey was ever up there.  Too many things just don't add up.  I did notice dirt bike tracks and two men have been close to the area HO calls into question.  Probably looking for themselves as I did.  I am now back to square one.  I have walked the route Lindsey was on when last seen and strongly believe see accepted a ride from someone she felt comfortable with.  My hope is it is with someone who is caring for her.  I'm tired today and when I get on here all I see is question about funds and who is lying.  Why?  Are you sure the search is over?  I believe if the LE found any evidence, they would tell the family and address the press.  I guess I am frustrated and don't understand all this squabbling.  Can't we all just get along.  Maybe if I sleep on it, I will feel better tomorrow.  Goodnite.  shortcake   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1649 on: September 27, 2009, 02:31:21 AM »

I was in Mccleary Friday night and nothing seemed out of the norm.  A few locals had rumors, but that was all they were.  I don't deal with rumors.  Even one person who claimed to live on same road as one of the searched places, and they were clueless(at least to me).  Remember this is Beaver Cleveland 1950's, not the wild west.  I was on the streets of McCleary late last night and no fear.  I also see the news reports showing the searches, and they look more like chemical removal to me.IMO  shortcake

Multi-agency search for missing McCleary girl
10:37 PM PDT on Monday, June 29, 2009

"The worst case scenario-she's the victim of foul play or some type of predator behavior," said Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott

Officers have contacted nearby registered sex offenders, revealing no clues.  Although there is no known evidence of a crime, the FBI has now joined multiple other agencies in the investigation.

http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_062909WAB-Mccleary-girl-missing-LJ.1a971644.html

pink angel
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2009, 09:34:31 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg857135#msg857135

Northern Rose
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2009, 12:34:42 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg857135

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1650 on: September 27, 2009, 03:08:59 AM »

I was in Mccleary Friday night and nothing seemed out of the norm.  A few locals had rumors, but that was all they were.  I don't deal with rumors.  Even one person who claimed to live on same road as one of the searched places, and they were clueless(at least to me).  Remember this is Beaver Cleveland 1950's, not the wild west.  I was on the streets of McCleary late last night and no fear.  I also see the news reports showing the searches, and they look more like chemical removal to me.IMO  shortcake
Thanks for the concern sister.  Don't get me wrong, I am careful.  I live in a city and I have SO's around my neighborhood.  I am more afraid of the ones who have yet to offend than those already in the system.  There are a lot more of them and no way to tell who is about to.  Thanks again.  shortcake     

Multi-agency search for missing McCleary girl
10:37 PM PDT on Monday, June 29, 2009

"The worst case scenario-she's the victim of foul play or some type of predator behavior," said Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott

Officers have contacted nearby registered sex offenders, revealing no clues.  Although there is no known evidence of a crime, the FBI has now joined multiple other agencies in the investigation.

http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_062909WAB-Mccleary-girl-missing-LJ.1a971644.html

pink angel
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2009, 09:34:31 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg857135#msg857135

Northern Rose
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2009, 12:34:42 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg857135

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1651 on: September 27, 2009, 03:25:21 AM »

Wow.. just wow. 

I pray for a settling peace between all, and a returned focus on Lindsey herself. 

G'night.. heading for the monkey bunky..   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1652 on: September 27, 2009, 03:28:07 AM »

JenniferO from WS posted this about the 3 different accounts.

There are three accounts:
1. Reward fund at Sterlings Savings bank. I don't know who has access to this account. Wasn't the original $6,000 from Crimestoppers? Maybe they control the account.

2. "Potpourri fund" set up by MM at Timberland Bank. This is MBs "living account" and money she uses for whatever (never got a definite answer on that)

3. Search fund is at Sterling Savings and requires two signatures and I was told MB is not on the account. Not sure who the signers are.

KarmaR, thanks for getting that information.  Before the reward or search accounts were established, I thought the account at Timberland was on one of the websites with paypal (or whatever) for the use to help find Lindsey.  Am I wrong about that?  Does anyone know?
You're welcome Sister
I think the info about all of the funds can be found at Lindsey's web sites.

http://findlindseybaum.com/

http://findlindseybaum.com/1915.html

As you can see, there is more than one web site:
if I am reading it correctly, the paypal goes directly to the Timberland account.  Of course, I could be mistaken.  The poster does say for the search.
http://www.lindseybaum.com/

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1653 on: September 27, 2009, 03:31:32 AM »

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1654 on: September 27, 2009, 03:34:35 AM »

Still in my heart and my thoughts, I'm lighting a candle for Lindsey, even though it's much later than the vigil, I just got through all the new pages. and WOW. I really hope she is found soon, it's been on my mind all night Sad
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1655 on: September 27, 2009, 03:45:37 AM »

It is comforting to learn from DD that Harry Oakes' canine search a short time following Lindsey Baum's disappearance was not the last canine search.  It would sure be interesting to know what were the findings revealed in Oakes' report submitted on 8/31.

I will email LE/FBI today requesting an answer to why the findings of Harry Oakes' canine searches are not taken seriously.  I do not expect an answer but ... not allowing the Lindsey Baum case to become cold is my mission on the forum and behind the scenes through emails.

Janet

I highlighted about in red...

thank you tomikasmom... I appreciate your willingness to email people behind the scenes. 
Although I already know the answer to that question, I surely would like you to receive an answer straight from the horses mouth as to why they are not paying attention to Harry Oakes. 

I know they told people he is a quack... I have a hard time believing that as his dogs tracked exactly to places I had information about back in July, long before his info about this surfaced... so tell me how do I and harry oakes end up in the same places?  I have to believe he knows what he is doing... the only other thing I can come up with is someone I told, told him, and he went there.  But I asked the person who was incontact with him and who I had told these things if they told this things to HO, and they swore they told him nothing about it... so I really find it almost impossible he would end up in the same places, more than one or two, that I ended up in, IF he is making it all up.

DD, where is this location?  I traveled the route taken by HO(I believe).  You have collaborating information about the location?  Please reveal.  I will go back and search again.  Revealing this location is not going to out anyone.  Don't hold this important information back as every day counts.  As long as this location is not by a psychic, I will respond.  I find it very difficult to think Lindsey traveled up that road.  IMO  shortcake   
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1656 on: September 27, 2009, 06:30:41 AM »

I stopped by to say Hi to everyone and have had quite a mind-blowing read in the day's fare of posts!~   

I got caught up in all the breaking news in Haleigh and Annie Le's cases and have been negligent in following Lindsey's case.   All I can say is I am so thankful it seems her time is maybe close at hand to where she will be found and brought back home.

That is the main thought I have after reading all these posts tonight.  Every poster here and at WS has one main goal, and that is giving of their own thoughts and talents to help find Lindsey and solve her case.  I don't read any of her other forums.  Reading negative comments about WS from posters here makes me feel bad.  And visa versa when I read similar comments at WS about SM.  We are all here for the same purpose and should be working together.

I see a change over here that is really positive.  Naturally I thought I'd find some scoop on what LE really has in their hat and hear some hot rumors about what the credible evidence was that came to light.  I am dying to know, as we all are, right?  LOL  But nopey nope it was not to be.  Klaas has called for LE's wishes to be upheld and so no names are posted nor info posted on involved parties to this weekends search.  Yes, it hard to have to wait, but I am pleased at her decision and how the dear Monkey's all have towed the mark.

Hey, in 4 days or so we will know what was in the SW's - hopefully.  There had to be probable cause to sign each SW.  I have read so many things tonight giving the feeling that yes, there might be something very positive working now to solve the case.  I will wait.  And when the news pops we will dig like crazy to find out every little thing we can.  Ya Ya , and go for the touchdown!

Other thoughts: 

*  I had never heard Lindsey's room is still taped off after all these months.  Is that normal in a case?

*  Has there been anything new from or about Mlechester {sp}?

*  The first time I ever heard of MM was months ago and from someone who said they were good friends.  Now I read here from MM that she doesn't really know her that well or not good friends.  Amazing.  I am left with mixed feelings about what she has said tonight but don't want to attack the poster except her defensiveness was tiring.  I will say however that a proper paper trail on monies given to Melissa {and justly so I presume} might be needed on the account.  Taking cash out of the day's proceeds, etc, etc, etc, well it sent my jaw smack down, right to the floor

*  I loved the photo of Lindsey in her fantabulous Halloween costume.

*  Lastly, as to this SO Mr J D Braun who was listed as living on Heslep Lane in McCleary, if you have any info on him we have a poster who would appreciate what we can learn.  I can't find him in the GHC SO records, only know his basics.  He might not even live in McCleary any more.

See ya tomoz, and as always KRAMS

PS:  I know there are many here I know over at WS.  Pop me a PM there so I know who you are.  It is like dancing in the dark coming here knowing you know posters but not who they are, if that makes any sense.  xox

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1657 on: September 27, 2009, 09:32:36 AM »

JenniferO from WS posted this about the 3 different accounts.

There are three accounts:
1. Reward fund at Sterlings Savings bank. I don't know who has access to this account. Wasn't the original $6,000 from Crimestoppers? Maybe they control the account.

2. "Potpourri fund" set up by MM at Timberland Bank. This is MBs "living account" and money she uses for whatever (never got a definite answer on that)

3. Search fund is at Sterling Savings and requires two signatures and I was told MB is not on the account. Not sure who the signers are.

KarmaR, thanks for getting that information.  Before the reward or search accounts were established, I thought the account at Timberland was on one of the websites with paypal (or whatever) for the use to help find Lindsey.  Am I wrong about that?  Does anyone know?

yes that is right, it was the only one and linked as to help for lindsey.  I had linked it from my site and had no idea till one of them came and called it a popouri fund.  I did not know what that meant.  then found out later for mb for whatever.  then they set up the other accounts

omg, potpouri -- that's misrepresentation, but probably like JessStar said, honor system only -- how cruel to fool the public like that.
As far as I recall the 1st account set up at the Timberland bank was set up for Melissa Baum to use to survive on.Remember she was not working and needed help paying her bills and such.I see nothing wrong with that.
I also think when they set up the other 2 funds there was some confusions about which fund the donated money went to.I think that is why they stressed for people to specify on the donations.....goes to search fund,goes to reward fund,goes to Melissa Baum's living expenses fund.
IMO

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1658 on: September 27, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »

Police have yet to find big break in case

McCLEARY — Investigators have yet to find the “smoking gun” that will lead them to 11-year-old Lindsey Baum, who has been missing for three months as of Saturday.

The Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office served search warrants on two residences outside the McCleary city limits Friday and began combing through junk cars and a number of buildings.

The search on the properties in question intensified Saturday, bumping up the civilian search and rescue experts and law enforcement personnel from 30 people on Friday to 50 people on Saturday. Search dogs were also brought.

Chief Criminal Deputy Dave Pimentel said he conducted interviews with a number of people Friday, but said no suspects or persons of interests have been named and no arrests have been made.

“So far, we have not found that smoking gun, we have not found anything that would jump out at us, but without forensic analysis done at the lab, we can’t really say whether what we’ve found will help our cause or not.”

MORE....

http://**/articles/2009/09/27/local_news/doc4abf03c936aa2261426446.txt
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1659 on: September 27, 2009, 10:26:13 AM »

just remember, if you OUT this person, you might be outing the witness.  Mccleary is a tiny town, this person is not safe if people figure out they said something.
I agree DD, but this town is not that tough.  I know.  I am heading out and will be at waterhole No 2 at 9:00 for you locals if you care to discuss anything.  I answere to shortcake.

not everyone is that tough no, I agree.  but there are some who are, who will walk up and shoot you right through the window, or just blow you away on the porch.  I am sure you know that has happened right there in mccleary... so anyway, I guess I can't stop it, so ... ugh... but... I had to try.
I believe you are referring to DF.  Thanks for the warning, but I feel more threatened in my city than in McCleary.  By the way DF no longer resides in McCleary and if I should ever meet this person, what is there to fear?   After all I have no beef with this person.  shortcake
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.