March 18, 2024, 10:48:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 479644 times)
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1760 on: September 27, 2009, 06:38:28 PM »

Here is that article I shagged from yesterday, bolded by me

http://www.kirotv.com/news/21116315/detail.html

Search Warrants Served In Missing Girl Case
Posted: 11:42 am PDT September 25, 2009
Updated: 6:37 pm PDT September 25, 2009

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- Evidence was been collected from a 10-acre property Friday after detectives served a search warrant in connection with the disappearance of Lindsey Baum, detectives said.
Detectives searched the property in the McCleary area looking for evidence that could lead to 11-year-old Baum who disappeared June 26 while walking home from a friend’s house.

"It has been the longest three months of my life," said Lindsey’s mother, Melissa Baum.

The Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office, the FBI and the King County Sheriff's Office served the search warrants Friday morning and expect the continue searching through the weekend.

“We are looking obviously for the clothing that she was last seen wearing, we're looking for any sort of trace evidence that might be related back to Lindsey Baum," said Sgt. Steve Shumate of the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office.

All four members of the family who live on property are being interviewed, but police said nobody is being called a suspect.

Neighbors said they don’t think police will find a thing.

"I just think they've got the wrong family. I'm sure they've got some sort of evidence or something, but I'm sure they've got the wrong family," said one neighbor who did not give his name.

"This is no different than other persons of interest we have had in the past. We have looked into those individuals, we have deemed to be persons of interest and in most cases they ended up not being involved in the disappearance of Lindsey Baum," Shumate said".
That was stated by SGT.Steve Shumate of Grays Harbor County.
They sure have a weird way of making statements 

Karma ... I was thinking that this statement is one of the few statements of LE in this case that does make sense.

Janet

I was actually thinking the LE have nothing and they are now just trying to throw some hope out there that they have POI that they are checking out.

I believe the words "most cases" imply that SGT.Steve Shumate was not necessarily referring to the Lindsey Baum case.  Hey ... I could be wrong.

Janet

we both posted the same time on the same thing and are on different sides of the fence.  i got a chuckle 'cause as soon as i saw mine i saw yours... an angelic monkey

Not being stubborn here, but I still read that as 'in most cases' THEY {the individuals referred to above in the quote who they have questioned} ended up not being involved in Lindsey's case. 

Sometimes it takes time and new evidence to come forward to rule out someone who might have had either an opportunity, a motive and the means to abduct a child.  Just sayin'
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1761 on: September 27, 2009, 06:40:32 PM »

one thing that is bothering me a little bit, is that the cops had to have probable cause to search that property or the judge wouldn't have signed the search warrant.  i guess in my head im trying to think of what probable cause they had. would information given to them by a local trying to frame these people be enough for probable cause?
I'm wondering that also 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1762 on: September 27, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »

. . . . and isn't it odd that Self, who was home at that same time, saw nothing, not even the kids playing in the street that Bentley saw?

I wonder if there has to be cause to ask someone to take a LDT in GHC?
That part of the article bothered me also Scandi.
I hate to point at anyone innocent but dang it,this is the first we are hearing that Lindsey disappeared right in front of the Mayor's house.I can't even find a picture of Mayor Bentley and IMO if he has any suspicions surrounding him,I doubt the McCleary LE will investigate him.

I hope you saw my link on the Mayor's pictures.

This is the exact reason I was harping so much about the LE not doing their jobs, and outside LE such as State or Federal investigators should be brought in. Not because of the Mayor, per se, but because it looked to me like they were covering for someone in McCleary.

I spoke of the 5th amendment and last night, and realized my mistake later I meant the 4th amendment.  Sorry.

Thanks Fanny, I just saw his photo on your link.

The 4th amendment dealing with search and seizure specifies that the search has to be signed by a judge and have probable cause.  I guess until we learn something new about this I will have to say I have to trust the integrity of those officers and officials involved in the case.  Isn't the FBI still directing the case?  I know they have a 3 or 4 person squad full time in Montesano working on Lindsey's case {last I read}, and have not heard that the FBI is no longer involved in the case.  I could be wrong and correct me if that is not the case.  xox

I hope that is true, as I have not read that. I was referring to the time when Lindsey went missing, and there was an assistant special agent for the FBI who was the only one even on the case at the time when the case was still a hot one. Have the FBI been visible in McCleary, or are they working the case from 20 miles away? A small town like McCleary would notice FBI in their midst. I saw the warrants were being served by the Grays Country SO, but I don't remember seeing anything about an FBI presence.

I was thinking more in the line of the Federal Attorney General's office who investigate police departments or the State's Attorney General's office, and sending in some State Investigators to see what the heck is going on in McCleary. Too much time has past, and way too much cloak and dagger stuff. IMO

I am well aware of what the 4th amendment is, and I have made my position clear about it in past posts. As Janet pointed out, doors would be thrown open with welcomes to search if people were REALLY concerned over a missing child. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1763 on: September 27, 2009, 06:43:23 PM »

Correction to my above post to say:  "Sometimes it takes time and new evidence to come forward to rule out someone who might have had the opportunity, a motive and the means to abduct a child.  Just sayin'.
atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1764 on: September 27, 2009, 06:43:50 PM »

This image from JVK's picture album at WS......kinda creeps me out.
I guess I am just not understanding how a little 10 year old girl with little girl fears(afraid of the dark)could be all into the twilight thing.

I understand that.  It is a love story. "love conquers all".  The characters are outsiders and maybe she relates to that a little.  I don't think she looks at the characters as "dark". 

This sounds really stupid (and I am ashamed)  but I used to really like the Buffy-Angel relationship in Buffy the vampire slayer.  I would watch it each week.   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1765 on: September 27, 2009, 06:51:46 PM »

one thing that is bothering me a little bit, is that the cops had to have probable cause to search that property or the judge wouldn't have signed the search warrant.  i guess in my head im trying to think of what probable cause they had. would information given to them by a local trying to frame these people be enough for probable cause? quote]

I wonder if it has anything to do with his myspace account? Not the nicest, but most of them are not. At least with those under 30

LE do use myspace as an investigative to do a background on persons of interest in case as well as the victim  I should know ... I have watched CSI.

Hey ... whatever led the LE to a search of the properties own by Kona and prompted an interrogation of the family ... in the process of elimination ... needed to be check out.

Janet

++++++++

"I just think they've got the wrong family. I'm sure they've got some sort of evidence or something, but I'm sure they've got the wrong family," said one neighbor who did not give his name.

"This is no different than other persons of interest we have had in the past. We have looked into those individuals, we have deemed to be persons of interest and in most cases they ended up not being involved in the disappearance of Lindsey Baum," Shumate said".

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1766 on: September 27, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »

It is hard to imagine that certain locals have enough power to get this kind of investigation going based on rumors alone. We all know that it sometimes takes an act of God to get LE moving on anything. I have emailed with Kona back and forth and by all accounts she appeared to be truly trying to find answers to bring little Lindsey home. I cannot help but wonder if she and her family were used as scapegoats by the real perp. Perhaps because it has become common knowledge that there are those in town that don't like her? You plant some evidence on her property and those locals lap it up with a spoon and fork because, after all, she was not well liked by them. I don't know, I am getting that "hinky" feeling again.
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1767 on: September 27, 2009, 06:54:48 PM »

. . . . and isn't it odd that Self, who was home at that same time, saw nothing, not even the kids playing in the street that Bentley saw?

I wonder if there has to be cause to ask someone to take a LDT in GHC?
That part of the article bothered me also Scandi.
I hate to point at anyone innocent but dang it,this is the first we are hearing that Lindsey disappeared right in front of the Mayor's house.I can't even find a picture of Mayor Bentley and IMO if he has any suspicions surrounding him,I doubt the McCleary LE will investigate him.

I hope you saw my link on the Mayor's pictures.

This is the exact reason I was harping so much about the LE not doing their jobs, and outside LE such as State or Federal investigators should be brought in. Not because of the Mayor, per se, but because it looked to me like they were covering for someone in McCleary.

I spoke of the 5th amendment and last night, and realized my mistake later I meant the 4th amendment.  Sorry.

Thanks Fanny, I just saw his photo on your link.

The 4th amendment dealing with search and seizure specifies that the search has to be signed by a judge and have probable cause.  I guess until we learn something new about this I will have to say I have to trust the integrity of those officers and officials involved in the case.  Isn't the FBI still directing the case?  I know they have a 3 or 4 person squad full time in Montesano working on Lindsey's case {last I read}, and have not heard that the FBI is no longer involved in the case.  I could be wrong and correct me if that is not the case.  xox

With all due respect Scandi, monkeys know about probable cause, search warrants, etc.  I do hope you understand that some if not all of us are very concerned about a fellow poster who may have been horribly wronged.  As for probable cause, etc.  I know you are aware of cases all over this country where people have not only been unjustly accused, but convicted as well.  I can point you to the Daryll Hunt case in N.C. for starters.  Also, just because I know the above does not necessarily mean I don't believe in the integrity of LE.  They can, and have been, led astray in some cases in the past, especially when the pressure is on for results.

No offense taken Madre.  I don't know anything about our fellow poster who might have been wronged.  Now that I have caught up I will go read at DD's site and maybe I will learn about it there.  Heck, I am still trying to figure out who the poster is whose house or property was searched by LE in ref to Lindsey's case.!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1768 on: September 27, 2009, 06:55:36 PM »

one thing that is bothering me a little bit, is that the cops had to have probable cause to search that property or the judge wouldn't have signed the search warrant.  i guess in my head im trying to think of what probable cause they had. would information given to them by a local trying to frame these people be enough for probable cause?

I wonder if it has anything to do with his myspace account? Not the nicest, but most of them are not. At least with those under 30

SELF EDIT

LE do use myspace as an investigative to do a background on persons of interest in case as well as the victim  I should know ... I have watched CSI.

Hey ... whatever led the LE to a search of the properties own by Kona and prompted an interrogation of the family ... in the process of elimination ... needed to be check out.

Janet

++++++++

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1769 on: September 27, 2009, 07:05:11 PM »

It is hard to imagine that certain locals have enough power to get this kind of investigation going based on rumors alone. We all know that it sometimes takes an act of God to get LE moving on anything. I have emailed with Kona back and forth and by all accounts she appeared to be truly trying to find answers to bring little Lindsey home. I cannot help but wonder if she and her family were used as scapegoats by the real perp. Perhaps because it has become common knowledge that there are those in town that don't like her? You plant some evidence on her property and those locals lap it up with a spoon and fork because, after all, she was not well liked by them. I don't know, I am getting that "hinky" feeling again.

They might if they have connections to the Mayor or City council members.....Guess who runs the local police department?  Also, as I stated on the Haleigh thread, the LE is a cross section of the community. They are kin and married and are friends and business acquaintances within the community. Their kids go to school there etc. That goes for Grays County too. Or anyplace. Politics reins everywhere. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1770 on: September 27, 2009, 07:06:04 PM »

Not being stubborn here, but I still read that as 'in most cases' THEY {the individuals referred to above in the quote who they have questioned} ended up not being involved in Lindsey's case. 

Sometimes it takes time and new evidence to come forward to rule out someone who might have had either an opportunity, a motive and the means to abduct a child.  Just sayin'

You are correct.  I changed my position in a later post.

Janet

+++++

I read SGT.Steve Shumate words again.  You are right.  The implication is that LE remains focused on some persons of interest in the Lindsey Baum case.  Could it be that there is a person/persons of interest but ... no supporting evidence?

Janet

_____

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1771 on: September 27, 2009, 07:07:40 PM »

Are you still around MM? You are part of the inner circle so I was hoping you could help me understand a few things. Who hates the poster and why? Is there something weird about her son compared to other weird kids his age? I am sorry, but having raised two teenagers already, I think they all go through weird fazes. Especially the boys.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1772 on: September 27, 2009, 07:10:21 PM »

That could be, but I wonder what has she done that people would do that. Perhaps because she was being helpful and getting to close too info that the perp didn't want her to know.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1773 on: September 27, 2009, 07:10:38 PM »

This image from JVK's picture album at WS......kinda creeps me out.
I guess I am just not understanding how a little 10 year old girl with little girl fears(afraid of the dark)could be all into the twilight thing.

Karma, i understand but neither the books nor the movie are really scary.  hubs convinced me a while back to watch it on ppv with him.  5 bucks and 2 hours i will never get back. .
I could never watch it or read it,I try to stay away from vampires and supernatual stuff even though I like Stephen King.Still.....some of his movies I can't watch and I still cannot read Salems Lot 

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1774 on: September 27, 2009, 07:20:53 PM »

DD,were the LE looking for Lindseys bathing suit?
What are you thinking Karma, I must not be thinking clearly, are you thinking perhaps she disappeared earlier in the day? Didn't the kids swim earlier that day, at one of the friend's house, we saw a pic of the house and pool.
I'm thinking there is still something off about that house she swam at for 2 days in a row with girls that were just recently her enemies.I'm also thinking that the whole timeline for Lindsey to:
1)go swimming all day
2)go to video store and play around while the so called friends rented movies
3)walk home with Kayla
4)take a shower or bath and change into clothes
5)walk to Shell station on a broken bike
6)argue with Josh
7)leave bike at Shell station
8)keep walking and arguing with Josh
9)neighbor/friend of family sends Josh home
10)Lindsey and Kayla walk on to Kayla's house
She was seen in the video store at 8:19 IIRC and so that leaves about 45 minutes or so to do #2 thru #10
I'm thinking she may not have done #4

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1775 on: September 27, 2009, 07:25:17 PM »

DD,were the LE looking for Lindseys bathing suit?
What are you thinking Karma, I must not be thinking clearly, are you thinking perhaps she disappeared earlier in the day? Didn't the kids swim earlier that day, at one of the friend's house, we saw a pic of the house and pool.
I'm thinking there is still something off about that house she swam at for 2 days in a row with girls that were just recently her enemies.I'm also thinking that the whole timeline for Lindsey to:
1)go swimming all day
2)go to video store and play around while the so called friends rented movies
3)walk home with Kayla
4)take a shower or bath and change into clothes
5)walk to Shell station on a broken bike
6)argue with Josh
7)leave bike at Shell station
8)keep walking and arguing with Josh
9)neighbor/friend of family sends Josh home
10)Lindsey and Kayla walk on to Kayla's house
She was seen in the video store at 8:19 IIRC and so that leaves about 45 minutes or so to do #2 thru #10
I'm thinking she may not have done #4

Thank you Karma for laying it out like this.  Also, maybe she never went home at all? 
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1776 on: September 27, 2009, 07:26:23 PM »

i could be wrong but i really think they were looking for her bathing suit at the posters house
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1777 on: September 27, 2009, 07:27:51 PM »

Hi DD!!  Please explain how you know they found nothing in the search?  Are you working with the local LE?  From what I seen on TV, men dressed in HazMet suits had something in their hands and headed for a large truck.  As I posted early on, I believe it was chemicals(possibly for drugs).  Maybe you know if the results of the LE search was negative??  How??  I hope not from someone who's place was being searched.  I would like to know if someone knows if Lindsey was last seen wearing her bathing suit.  If so, a lot makes sense and I will focus my search in another direction.  I phoned a tip in early on and still believe this person may be involved somehow.  LE makes no mention of this individual, yet it is this person was targeted early on.  shortcake
atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1778 on: September 27, 2009, 07:29:57 PM »

i could be wrong but i really think they were looking for her bathing suit at the posters house

Probably way off, but I wonder if she drowned.  Maybe mood:wet on myspace was not so innocent.
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1779 on: September 27, 2009, 07:32:09 PM »

Probably way off, but I wonder if she drowned.  Maybe mood:wet on myspace was not so innocent.

I had forgotten about that Atlanta_Mom!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.