March 19, 2024, 01:10:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 479669 times)
AnnValentine
Scared Monkey

« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2009, 08:32:44 PM »

I will put in a call, because sometimes city workers can be recalcitrant to do anything. I will call another water tower, somewhere else, and see what they say about it. Since they would know to be on the look out for anything suspicious, it is probable that they wouldn't overlook something, as in cases where dead bodies have turned up in water towers and tanks, but you never know. No, I don't like the "we would know" because of a pressure gauge answer.

At the very least, it should be an interesting phone call.
AnnValentine
Scared Monkey

« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2009, 08:40:18 PM »

It's not a bad feeling. In fact, my gut says something else. But I read that her scent was found up at the water tower. How far is it from the 6th street route? Does anyone know the approximate size of the tower?
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2009, 09:01:22 PM »

I'd like to read the post, specifically what the worker has said about it, because I do not think a small 80 pound body is going to displace that much water, and bodies have been known to turn up in water towers, albeit after discovering a foul odor and misty appearance to the water, but those were small water towers. I wonder if anyone has been avoiding the water lately.

I had an idea though, in regard to the poor return rate of kidnapped victims. I guess it can be attributed to Stokholm syndrome as well as a fear of authorities. So what if people set up an incentive for a kidnapped victim to get away from their captors, like a financial incentive. Set up a trust fund in their name so that only they can access it, at a bank, via a fingerprint identification so that they do not need any ID since they likely would not have any at that age anyway and then publish it so that hopefully the child knows  that at any time they can run away and not have to go to the authorities, which they may for whatever reason be afraid to do.

Here is a link to when this was discussed:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5627.msg891415#msg891415

Here is the post by Scandi who called:
Hi,  I did call the City of McCleary today and talked to the Building Dept.  A nice gentleman gave me this info about Sand Creek that cuts across McCleary from NE to the SW and the culverts that encompass most of it:

*  There are two culverts that run side by side thru the town, one 4' pipe, the other 5'/

*  The whole culvert system was searched right after she went missing and nothing was found that related to Lindsey at all.

*  There are only 4 places in town where the creek itself is exposed.  Sam's Canal behind the police station, 9th St, the Treatment Plant where there is very little water and the area of the creek before it dumps into Sand Creek Lake/Pond.

I also asked about the Water Tower in McCleary in the SE section of town.  He basically said if anything had been done to breech the water tower they would have known about it as the water pressure would change.  He said they know it was not breeched as nothing has shown up on the guages.

********************** Maybe if you still feel un-easy you can call them too?

Thank you  ANJ

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2009, 09:05:19 PM »

It's not a bad feeling. In fact, my gut says something else. But I read that her scent was found up at the water tower. How far is it from the 6th street route? Does anyone know the approximate size of the tower?

Where is the link for the "her scent was found up at the water tower?"  They didn't even find her scent on the street with trained dogs!  Rumors only...betcha!

I suggest YOU call the water department and ask your questions and the approximate size of the tower.   80 lbs would cause a displacement in any size tower. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2009, 09:30:48 PM »

AV snipped:
I had an idea though, in regard to the poor return rate of kidnapped victims. I guess it can be attributed to Stokholm syndrome as well as a fear of authorities. So what if people set up an incentive for a kidnapped victim to get away from their captors, like a financial incentive. Set up a trust fund in their name so that only they can access it, at a bank, via a fingerprint identification so that they do not need any ID since they likely would not have any at that age anyway and then publish it so that hopefully the child knows  that at any time they can run away and not have to go to the authorities, which they may for whatever reason be afraid to do.

I'n not sure I'm following you on this . . .Most children who are kidnapped do not suffer from Stockholm syndrome.  Their fear of authorities generally is tied in with the fear that something will happen to their families.  Older kidnap victims can frequently suffer from Stockholm symdrome, if they live that long.  But, thinking outside the box is always good.

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2009, 09:42:41 PM »

Thanks ANJM 

No problem.  I did however notice while trying to find it - that I had to say all of the missing person forum, because the search was limiting to just this 8/26, section #4 for some reason.  So I backed it out to all missing persons and wah la, it showed up!
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2009, 09:44:07 PM »

I will put in a call, because sometimes city workers can be recalcitrant to do anything. I will call another water tower, somewhere else, and see what they say about it. Since they would know to be on the look out for anything suspicious, it is probable that they wouldn't overlook something, as in cases where dead bodies have turned up in water towers and tanks, but you never know. No, I don't like the "we would know" because of a pressure gauge answer.

At the very least, it should be an interesting phone call.

Let us know what they say!
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2009, 09:46:11 PM »

I don't know how far (but not far, if memory serves me correct) and I don't know the size (might try the public utilities page - city government??  just ideas.)
BUT, where did you read that - do you have a link?  I had not heard that before.
Thanks, in advance.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2009, 09:49:37 PM »

AV snipped:

I'n not sure I'm following you on this . . .Most children who are kidnapped do not suffer from Stockholm syndrome.  Their fear of authorities generally is tied in with the fear that something will happen to their families.  Older kidnap victims can frequently suffer from Stockholm symdrome, if they live that long.  But, thinking outside the box is always good.

Stockholm is actually pretty rare.  I would imagine kidnapped children or anyone who SURVIVES would indeed have to use a Stockholm type of coping to stay alive.  Basic instinct is fight or flight.   Both have their place, and both are a judgment call.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #189 on: August 31, 2009, 04:52:49 PM »

Has there been any word on how the weekend search went?

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #190 on: August 31, 2009, 05:29:57 PM »

Has there been any word on how the weekend search went?
A post from a searcher(at WS):

JenniferO post #269,thread#12:

I think it's ok to share this info (I'm sure Brad will call/text/email and yell me if it wasn't ok but I don't think it should be kept a secret). We had a total of 205 searchers (this was not counting the several people--myself, Breanna and a few other people from the community that spent their time "behind the scenes") this weekend. Many of them put in time all three days and did several searches a day. My hat is off to each and every person who volunteered in some way. Even if you were there in thought and prayer.

Right now they are shooting for a search to be conducted Sept 12 and 13. We ask anyone who is interested in donating (time, supplies, money, food, whatever) to go to http://www.findlindseybaum.com for more information or email them at contact@findlindseybaum.com. Someone will be in touch with you ASAP
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88014&page=12

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #191 on: August 31, 2009, 05:33:22 PM »

FBI listing for Lindsey

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/baum_l.htm

Karma Is Coming

AnnValentine
Scared Monkey

« Reply #192 on: August 31, 2009, 05:34:33 PM »

Yes I need to know the size and dimensions of the water tower before I call because I am going to do some preliminary calculations. This is one thing, cold hard facts, that I can get straight from the city. It's not on the internet that I have located.

You know, I don't really remember where I read about the scent, but it is on these forums somewhere. Maybe a rumor, but such a thing would warrant a careful combing of that area. You could try and..I don't know..hack down foliage and plant matter..sift through the dirt. I think the kids used to play up there and that is why they might not necessarily focus on it as related to the disappearance, if it is more than just a net rumor.

Anyway..

Stockholm syndrome. Yes I agree that every single kidnap victim on the face of this planet, whether they are a captured troop, adult, or child by a predator is going to go through some degree of Stockholm. We teach our children how to avoid predators, but we don't do much by the way of helping them escape captivity, and what captivity is about.

Because if you aren't thinking escape escape escape every single minute of the day, or you aren't trained to do that, to keep your mind on escaping, you will succumb to your captor. They build a new identity. It happens universally, adult, child, troop, trafficked, holocaust camp. It's just brainwashing.

So we need to think outside of the box to help these people resist, hold on to their identities, and escape their captors. Too many people are kidnapped every day.
AnnValentine
Scared Monkey

« Reply #193 on: August 31, 2009, 05:38:56 PM »

Plus related to the size it would be good to know if it is something a child or an adult is capable of climbing, if on a dare, or if it was something older kids would do at night because it was cool. Is it the kind of water tower that you can walk up through, or would you have to climb the outside; how is it maintained and who maintains it; etc.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2009, 05:41:36 PM »

From Amber Dubois's Mom(she was at the search) at IS:

Hi Everyone,

I can not believe this town. Saturday we had 46 searchers, which included me and my two friends. Regarding LE they do not want or welcome help.

Coming here was a real eye opener for me, I can see why so many kids go missing and you never hear anything about them. I love SD for being so supportive and caring about Amber, and all the other communities that have helped us..Thanks

I hope Melissa finds the strength it itakes to keep her daughters story from becoming a cold case, but I have my doubts..I hope she proves me wrong..

Carrie
Ambers mom

Thread#1 page#32  post#1264
http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=355444&page=32

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #195 on: August 31, 2009, 05:44:40 PM »

From poster at IS,KonaMocha in response to Carrie,Amber Dubois's Mom:

all I know is that the LE in our area make ppl very nervous and that is why a lot of ppl did not volunteer in the search. The local LE has been questioning a lot of ppl in a weird manner and making the locals very uncomfortable. I get the feeling that they dont want LE investigating every part of their life history in a manner that appears unprofessional. We are a redneck town, I know that LE better find the person before the locals figure it out. A lot of the original families here are arkies and the like with their own brand of justice mentality.

I know that the town clowns are referring anyone that comes in to the police station to the tip line located in montesano. That in my opinion is not right.

If someone comes in to talk to LE about a possibility, I think the local LE should call county to get assistance and check it out.

Something does not sit right with me !!

Same thread,page# as above.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #196 on: August 31, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »

This happened in Thurston County,may not be related to Lindsey's case but you never know.I can't get the sketch of this possible kidnapper to show on my puter so if any of you can,will you post the pic please?

Attempted Kidnapping By Use Of Court Order, Officials Investigate

The mother of three children says she was contacted by a male at her home. The man told her he had a court order signed by a Thurston County Superior Court judge and told her she needed to surrender her three children.

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-082809-kidnapping,0,2224579.story

Karma Is Coming

AnnValentine
Scared Monkey

« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2009, 06:19:01 PM »

Well..I guess every LE department is different in the way it handles its investigations. If you are going to search you will probably be questioned because I guess from LE point of view, you could be the sicko. They do that. They come out to help. And maybe they figure it is more efficient to try to find the sicko among the helpers than it would be to put any stock in the search volunteers actually finding anything. They need more volunteers. And if it is the case that the scent was found by the water tower they should request supplies from the nearest college with an Anthropology department to donate some sifters. Or you can even make your own. Then the volunteers go out two by two and sift through the dirt. Anything you find gets bagged and tagged.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2009, 06:57:42 PM »

From Amber Dubois's Mom(she was at the search) at IS:

Hi Everyone,

I can not believe this town. Saturday we had 46 searchers, which included me and my two friends. Regarding LE they do not want or welcome help.

Coming here was a real eye opener for me, I can see why so many kids go missing and you never hear anything about them. I love SD for being so supportive and caring about Amber, and all the other communities that have helped us..Thanks

I hope Melissa finds the strength it itakes to keep her daughters story from becoming a cold case, but I have my doubts..I hope she proves me wrong..

Carrie
Ambers mom

Thread#1 page#32  post#1264

Interesting Indeed
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2009, 07:05:33 PM »

There is something very wrong up there in McCleary Wa 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.